Mango Haze: Selection In Small Spaces

The Haze Garden

Got some more work done on the Haze Garden this week. She's maxed out so I can finally move all these boxes of cords and pipe fittings outta here!

Rock and Roll:

Attachments

• PIC_0617.JPG
    PIC_0617.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 33
  • PIC_0615.JPG
    PIC_0615.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 26
  • PIC_0616.JPG
    PIC_0616.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 42
  • PIC_0618.JPG
    PIC_0618.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
Indeed, but since I'm comparing the MH seeds amongst each other doesn't it seem likely that the different sized seeds represent different phenotypes?

I'll have to keep track of what becomes of them to learn more on this subject.

Cool.

Yeah. thats a good idea. See if you find any correlation. In my experience you can't really tell much about varying seed size, within a given hybrid sample. The genes are all mixed up. and just because the seed may have come from a smaller calyx doesn't necessarily mean that it will carry the gene for a smaller calyx.

I have a natural bias for large colorful seeds, and have a tendency to choose them above others, for this reason, I usually choose 75% of my seeds randomly from the seedstock I have chosen to grow, to insure that in this bias I don't inadvertantly select out certain traits, that might be hiding in other seedtypes. then with the remaining 25% I usually select the biggest fattest, most colorful seeds I can find within that sample.

Hello, Hazen-bra.

Man, I lost track of the casings. I had hoped to leave them on the RW but they got moldy so I yanked 'em.

I think it's human nature to be excited about nice fat seeds. "WOW! Look at that seed!"....right?

I don't think there's much to gain from seed size predictions either. It's not really a guarantee for a particular trait.

Seed color on the other hand.....

Peace.

Thanks Canna,

Great thread, I just got finished checking it out.

You know in my experience, seeding a plant can cause it to mature much more quickly. I have seen heavily seeded clones mature up to twice as quick as their non seeded counterparts.

hey canna was good? i have to say this is one of the coolest and informative journals ive ever read. thx man. love that set up. ill have to read over it to full get it. hey my big grow plan fell thu. check me on youtube same name as everywhere.i got a lil auto grow going to get me sum buds fast im dying here paying 375 a oz every 10-14 days.i still need me sum mr nice in my colllection soon. holla brotha! peace

hey canna was good? i have to say this is one of the coolest and informative journals ive ever read. thx man. love that set up. ill have to read over it to full get it. hey my big grow plan fell thu. check me on youtube same name as everywhere.i got a lil auto grow going to get me sum buds fast im dying here paying 375 a oz every 10-14 days.i still need me sum mr nice in my colllection soon. holla brotha! peace

Jeb! What is happening, bra?

Dude, I'm stoked that you stopped by. Thanks for the kind words man. Where are you posting your stuff at these days?

I'm sorry to hear your plans fell through. I had some plans fall through myself. All things happen for a reason.

Since you're not tied to your garden, when you comin' out to Cali?

Peace.

Thanks Canna,

Great thread, I just got finished checking it out.

You know in my experience, seeding a plant can cause it to mature much more quickly. I have seen heavily seeded clones mature up to twice as quick as their non seeded counterparts.

Damn. I better do a non-seeded run before my grow report.

Thanks for the heads up and your compliments.

Peace.

Day 49

As promised, I inspected the fast pheno's for pickability at 7 weeks. I prefer the early side of the harvest window and I would say these 2 are just right. Cloudy trichs with a few new instances of amber is how decide. There are also some purple hues accompanied by trichs with purple injections.

The seeds throughout the population look to be ripe so I'm gonna wait another week to be sure they're all good and mature before I chop anything. Looks like these 2 are coming down next weekend!

Ska and Mango Lights:

attachment.php

Peace.

Attachments

• day49page.jpg
    day49page.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 919
do u grow with rock wool just because it's a cheap meduim and to see the pheno types alot faster?
i always wanted to say such but i didn't want to bother it would start a issue i'm sure people talk about.

do u grow with rock wool just because it's a cheap meduim and to see the pheno types alot faster?
i always wanted to say such but i didn't want to bother it would start a issue i'm sure people talk about.

This was my first go with the RW cubes besides cloning. I chose to use them for the selection process because of their versatility. I knew that I'd be making some changes to the garden and I wanted to be able to hand water and not rely on experimental hydro if it came to that. I also wanted to rearrange them by pheno once they got big enough to move to the beds. If I had started them in RDWC, their roots would have been tangled up and it would have been very risky to move them. They worked out good for me.

Peace.

G`day Cannatari

Congrats bro !
Been lurkin on your thread here most days of the week . I have enjoyed the ride, much app .
The early flowering pics you posted looked mouth watering .
Your thoroughness and att to detail has been a treat .

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .

Hello, Elmer Bud.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Here's a closeup of my Haze pheno for you to enjoy.

Peace.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PIC_0601.JPG
    PIC_0601.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
Jeb! What is happening, bra?

Dude, I'm stoked that you stopped by. Thanks for the kind words man. Where are you posting your stuff at these days?

I'm sorry to hear your plans fell through. I had some plans fall through myself. All things happen for a reason.

Since you're not tied to your garden, when you comin' out to Cali?

Peace.

Damn. I better do a non-seeded run before my grow report.

Thanks for the heads up and your compliments.

Peace.

well bro i just started a auto grow.. i guess ill get tpo cali sooner or later. its hard man but i will get there. prob by end of aug.. im still at club and ss. and the dreaded riu. still got few friends to ck on there.if ya want to check out my grow go to youtube search jeb5304 there. just did 2 week update.

Last edited:
Stellar diary you have here cannatari(read the whole thing through an evening sit and smoke, and finished the last few pages this morning)

Loving the effort you've put into your pics and diagrams, and the dedication shows through in your plants, keep it up!

well bro i just started a auto grow.. i guess ill get tpo cali sooner or later. its hard man but i will get there. prob by end of aug.. im still at club and ss. and the dreaded riu. still got few friends to ck on there.if ya want to check out my grow go to youtube search jeb5304 there. just did 2 week update.

Cool video, Jeb. Got your own channel and everything. I might have to do me up something like that.

I go to the desert at the end of August, I hope I'm around if you make it down. Same trip I went on last year if you recall.

Peace, bro.

Stellar diary you have here cannatari(read the whole thing through an evening sit and smoke, and finished the last few pages this morning)

Loving the effort you've put into your pics and diagrams, and the dedication shows through in your plants, keep it up!

Hello, FerhinLursh. Nice to meet you.

Thank you for your compliments. I hope it was a good time blazing up to my stuff.

Drop by anytime.

Peace.

Sounds good, Jeb.

Peace Bra.

Quick update.

MHz looking good and MH has some nice purple colors showing up.

Attachments

• PIC_0746.JPG
    PIC_0746.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 76
  • PIC_0744.JPG
    PIC_0744.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 434
Back