Mango Haze: Selection In Small Spaces

Day 32

The ladies are looking and smelling better than ever. MHz is fast growing but slow developing which explains why at least 4 other plants are showing more resin and bud development. I'm also seeing a lot less sativa influence than I expected. It's so far looking like MHz is the Haziest pheno at 50% which makes the other plants different combinations of Sk and NL5 mothers's ;) genes (in theory) but thats really how the group looks. Maybe there is no pheno that's exceeds 50% Haze females in this line.

I'll be switching the bulb to HPS in a day or two so I took some measurements prior to some anticipated streching:

attachment.php

Attachments

• day32page.jpg
    day32page.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 1,518
Day 37

Lot's of fruity sweet aromas coming from the plants with Ska having a musky undertone. They're on day 3 of the switch to HPS which might have shocked them a little, just enough to show me their sensitivities.

attachment.php

Attachments

• day37page.jpg
    day37page.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 1,492
Hi C, well as you now not even close to expert...

but looking through some of your selection, I would say your Mhz pheno is the closet to SB's NL5Hz.

Sorry I couldn't of been more help, but you are also further along bloom, so maybe my next update you can take a look as see if there are any pheno's that look similar. I think my hzC pheno is closet to your Mhz in regarlds to NL5.

Enjoy the show tonight and smoke a big one for me brother...

Take care,

CM

Hey Cannatari, awesome diary dude! :)

Really helpful stuff, thanks for sharing.

Hi C, well as you now not even close to expert...

but looking through some of your selection, I would say your Mhz pheno is the closet to SB's NL5Hz.

Sorry I couldn't of been more help, but you are also further along bloom, so maybe my next update you can take a look as see if there are any pheno's that look similar. I think my hzC pheno is closet to your Mhz in regarlds to NL5.

Enjoy the show tonight and smoke a big one for me brother...

Take care,

CM

The show was great! Thanks for the wishes, Chana.

LOL! I was looking at your stuff to see if any of mine looked like NL5Hz!

I think at this point it's completely obvious that MHz is the champ of the bunch. Whether she is a 122 pheno or not is inconsequential because she stands alone in vigor and structure. There is no close second so there isn't even a decision to make really.

Ska has a nice bottle brush shape to her which might be good for a SCOG. A 7 week pheno could also prove useful but the fact of the matter is that MHz is probably going to out-yield the other plants by 2 or 3 times which is worth the extra 4 weeks she'll probably take to finish. This hybrid vigor cannot be competed with, plain and simple. Everything is intensified with this plant like the volume knob is all the way up.

She's like the All Seeing Eye watching over Mordor. How do you fuck with that?

attachment.php

You can't call that a race! LOL!

Peace.

Hey Cannatari, awesome diary dude! :)

Really helpful stuff, thanks for sharing.

Hey, Gnome. Thanks for sharing your stuff as well.
I'm excited to see how your MH/SSH turns out. It will be interesting to watch them side by side.

Peace.

-----------------

Thought I would focus some attention on Mango Lights since she is looking like the first to finish. The grow report will include common names for each pheno so I am thus far commonly referring to her as "The 49'er Pheno". She is all nuggets and looks to be done in 49 days (prediction) is the relation.

I don't think the seeds will be mature enough to chop her in 10 days but I will give the trichs a good look on day 49 to make sure that the name is not misleading.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 49erDay39page.jpg
    49erDay39page.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 1,457
  • PIC_0476.JPG
    PIC_0476.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,455
If you find a 49er in there That will surely seal the deal for me. Then all I gotta do is come up with some cash.

Yer show has been fantastic thus far. :D

Thank you for the kind words, MJP.

I have some good news for you.

Mango Lights was mis-posted. It is actually the #2 plant.

I discovered this when I was smelling the plants. ML smelled exactly like the flesh of mango fruit which I was not expecting so I checked it's label and it was the #2 plant.

So I thought "49'er or Fast Mango Haze?"

I was skeptical at first at such talk of an 8 week MH, even as I'm seeing several pheno's that will be mature in 8. IMO, if it ain't got the bud structure and flavor, it ain't a true MH and should be called something else. The mango smell of the #2 plant caused me to investigate nonetheless.

So dig this, the order of females to show sex:
As you recall, 1-8 were the short plants, 9-16 the tall ones.
75% of the shorties are males.
Over 1/2 of the tallies are females.

Now, I've known all this but the new discovery means Mango Lights (#2) and MHz (#3) were placed right next to each other as seedlings because of their likeness and stood alone while the other similar plants went male. The shortest indicas turned out to be the tallest sativas. They were the last to show pistils, smell distinct only to each other and are on extreme ends of their rate of maturity.

I feel confident that we're looking at a true Fast Mango Haze.

Confirmation awaits.

Peace.

Haze Garden Coming Together

I had to wait until I converted the flower cab over to HPS before I could even start phase 2 of the Haze Garden. I also needed to see how tall these plants would get in 6 weeks before I knew the dimensions I would need. The ladies can reach 28 inches height in the new bull-pin in DWC Mode. The plan is to harvest twice as often by flowering in the bull-pin for the first 4-7 weeks.

21765d1298903792-mango-haze-selection-small-spaces-pic_0530-jpg

In the line-up are 2 MHz, 4 Mango Lights and 1 Mega Watt (to see if it's made up it's mind as to what sex it wants to be). I'm gonna let 'em all veg for a few days in there before the switch. When I get the upper area done I'll have the option of adding up to 7 weeks of vegging before they go into the bull-pin.

When it's all said and done there will be:
10 ft2 of flowering space, 1000 watts total.
10 ft2 of vegetative space (24 mature plants + 1 tray of clones).
60+ gallons total volume of all 3 reservoirs.
30+ gallons of container volume. (No substrate, all roots!)
All within 14 ft2 of floor space (2'x7').

Oh yeah, and no air pumps! 100% RDWC!

Here's the new hydro for the bull-pin. Built for under $60.

attachment.php

Peace.

Attachments

• PIC_0530.JPG
    PIC_0530.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 629
  • PIC_0532.JPG
    PIC_0532.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PIC_0533.JPG
    PIC_0533.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 9
  • RDWCpage.jpg
    RDWCpage.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
I decided to put Mega Watt in the flowering cab to free up a spot for a low-tech water chiller.

attachment.php

Ah, this Hydro is going to work great. My best yet.

-Completely silent.
-1 cord.
-No timer needed.
-Runs nice and cool.
-Super oxygenation.
-Low maintenance.
-Easy maintenance.
-Versatile.
-Constant water level.
-Circulates (396GPH/12Gal) 33 times/hr. for fast mixing.
-Drain creates a 2nd vortex.

This hydro quite literally rumbles. The vortex action is applying an incredible amount of energy to the water. The plants look like bobble-heads from the vibrating, LOL! The energy from the vortex transfers to the bed and causes dozens of eddies in the water. It's alive!

attachment.php

Peace.

Attachments

• PIC_0544.JPG
    PIC_0544.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 596
  • PIC_0542.JPG
    PIC_0542.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 601
Build Notes

Sharing my info on the RDWC:

attachment.php

Peace.

Attachments

• rdwcbnpage.jpg
    rdwcbnpage.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:
Nice

Sweet little modular system. Thanks for the inspiration!:D

Day 46

There are a few ripened seeds on Mega Watt so the rest ought to be done soon which means I'm close to picking time on most of the phenos. A recent clone of MW showed nanners so I think he's decided to be male. Only took him 2 days of 12/12 to show! A clone of the number 4 male has been added to the bull-pin. I think he is a likely candidate for a good representation of a Mango Haze male which I would like to find for out-crossing so I want to give him a closer look. I've chosen to use a SkHz pheno male for in-breeding and out-crosses that return to the line.

Also, PA and MH are showing some purple hues on their calyxes. My Day/Night temps are 86*/60*F for encouragement. There are reports of a purple Mango Haze so I'm sure I'm good for it. These 2 plants have a blueberry smell to 'em. One thing's for sure, this line will throw you lots of curve-balls your first time around with it. Lot's happening here. Love this line.

Most of the population is showing cloudy trichs with a random amber trich here and there. Mango Lights is ridiculous with resin. Her calyxes look like cornfields of trichs. MHz has fricking HUGE calyxes that I often mistake for leaves because of their elongated tips. She's doing the "lower buds ready first" thing as well.

Peace.

i don't have all the libraries close to me to keep viewing the thread and i thanjk u for being informative about the mango haze i want to say the anticipation to cure the buds are giong to be good with scissor hash even better.

Hi Cannatari,

I just read through your thread, and I am very impressd:)

I am really looking forward to how this finishes up for you and your smoke reports of the different phenos.

All the best to you,

Bube

Sweet little modular system. Thanks for the inspiration!:D
Thanks, itsbenfun. You're very welcome.

i don't have all the libraries close to me to keep viewing the thread and i thanjk u for being informative about the mango haze i want to say the anticipation to cure the buds are giong to be good with scissor hash even better.

Hello, vryselctiv. Word!

Hi Cannatari,

I just read through your thread, and I am very impressd:)

I am really looking forward to how this finishes up for you and your smoke reports of the different phenos.

All the best to you,

Bube

Hello, nu-bube. You and me both!

Thank you for the kind compliments.

All the best to you as well.

Peace.

oh i forgot to put that i wouldn't and didn't like the taste of roses when i smoked marijuana. it gave me a cough and the bite was unbearable.

Back