Breeding techniques

In the case of Serious seeds thats the result of 1:1 parents and one being lost or both. in Kali Mist they switched to a more indica male and then back to a sat type to try and get it back like the original...

oh Marleys Collie I tried and liked it but I like anything with one of the parents used the ort15 I think.

Yeah, after the Geoden law meant they had to move things indoors and underground a lot of companies lost parents to busts, shame that Simon did, I never got to grow any of his strains when they were in the original form, I've grown various versions of AK47 and Kali Mist, f2s and other company's versions, grown a lot of bubblegum variants but never Serious's, Chronic never appealed to me because I don't grow commercially, sure it yields huge but it's not a great smoke, very leafy too. Never saw the point in White Russian cos everyone say's it's not as good as White Rhino and I prefer Widow to Rhino so never considered doing White Russan.

Is ort15 what Sensi called Hindu Kush? Never grown Marley's Collie but smoked some in Holland and it had some of the softness of the HK I thought.

Yeah, after the Geoden law meant they had to move things indoors and underground a lot of companies lost parents to busts, shame that Simon did, I never got to grow any of his strains when they were in the original form, I've grown various versions of AK47 and Kali Mist, f2s and other company's versions, grown a lot of bubblegum variants but never Serious's, Chronic never appealed to me because I don't grow commercially, sure it yields huge but it's not a great smoke, very leafy too. Never saw the point in White Russian cos everyone say's it's not as good as White Rhino and I prefer Widow to Rhino so never considered doing White Russan.

Is ort15 what Sensi called Hindu Kush? Never grown Marley's Collie but smoked some in Holland and it had some of the softness of the HK I thought.

I think it was a select Ortega?

There is a hindu kush from the skunkman, I've seen a picture of an old Scared Seeds Hindu Kush seed packet in a book. The Flying Dutchman had Pot of Gold which is Hindu Kush x Skunk and a few companies have sold pure Hindu Kush.

Only reason I was wondering about Sensi's version is I was going through their mid 90s lineup when Nev was still there and all the strains bar Hindu Kush were Nev's and it made me wonder if Sensi's Hindu Kush at that time wasn't just one of Nev's northern lights lines renamed. Seems a bit wierd for Sensi to have all of Nev's lines and one line bought in from the Skunkman. Sensi renamed a few of Nev's lines, NL5 x Sk1 became Shiva Skunk for instance.

yes but sensi afghani # 1 is from the shunkman too, you know the one nevil like very much...lol

Yes but Nev had Afghani #1 from 1985 onwards so Sensi got it from him, Nev never had any Hindu Kush in any of his catalogues but in the 87 catalogue he refers to an f1 hybrid between 'Big Bud and Northern Lights #2 (Hindu Kush)' which had me wondering if Sensi's Hindu Kush was Northern Lights #2 renamed.

He also mentions a Big Bud hybrid soon to be released that is:

Big Bud/NL#1 x Skunk#1/Early Pearl

I wonder if that's what became known as Four and More/Four Way?

In my experience, Ortega seems to be a more-or-less pure Afghani line but I would love some insight/clarification from Nevil and/or Dogless.

In the 88 catalogue NL#1 is described as 'a true-breeding Afghani with extreme indica characteristics' which could be the same thing?

hello , if i can ad my opinion, i read the hindu kush came from the skunkman...and in my experience its not a very good smoke in the ganja form at least, i dont like the taste, too much chlorophylle in the leaf material i think, maybe in hash form its better...but i never make hash from it....

I agree i purchased a bit of pot of gold (uk cut) and it was very chlorophilic. It was very sour and tasted like a joint of leaves would. Smells like an old skool skink but tasted helish

the ortega origon question has been brought up in threads here and elsewhere. shanti seemed unsure of himself when questioned about it and i think(?) nevil stated that he was gifted the cut? what i think i know about it is also sketchy but to the best of my recall ortega was an unruly afghan cultivar with high potency as its most redeeming quality. some folks in cali had it and passed it on to oregon where it was crossed with the nl#1 to become the ortega we know today. i am tempted to grab this one and then heard there may be herm probs? what to do? if herm probs persist, shanti will dump it and i will lose that chance but i can't have any herm probs atm either? fook me. peace-biteme

some folks in cali had it and passed it on to oregon where it was crossed with the nl#1 to become the ortega we know today.

I was following you until about right there. As I have my own interest in finding blindingly potent Afghan plants, but there is a couple parts of this statement which lead me to question the validity of the story you've been told or heard. Please do not construe this post as being offensive in any way, just adding my two cents here.

The NL2 was IMO a NL version of Kush. More weight and that puffed up indica type of bud that NL5 had. The taste was very similar to the Kush4 that I remember as coming from Ortega. (correct me if I'm wrong Jim).The Ortega type was more what I would describe as a typical landrace although fairly consistent. I used an F4 NL2 male over the Kush4 to produce a vigorous hybrid that was true to type. It was the Kush4 that made me realise that the NL2 was primarily a Kush. The NL2 needed some fresh blood as the F5 wasn't as good as the F4. I had planned to take the Hybrid back to NL2 and as the NL2 had already been released I expected others would do the same. I must be living in my own world as it doesn't appear that anyone saw the connection that seemed obvious to me.
I never got any Kush from Sam. I did get another Afghan from him that was unrelated to A#1. It a was coarse large seeded variety with big calyxes, but lacking potency. I used that in the Black Domina (25%).
All the NL lines were from seed not cuttings, as was the Kush4.
N.

Last edited:
I never got any Kush from Sam.
N.

Thanx for this info.

It made my day.

Peace.

K.

It was submitted by Sam () on Sunday, September 8, 2002 at 04:00:48

strain: Skunk #1, Original Haze, California Orange, Early Girl, Afghani #1, S Indian Kerala, Early Thai, Hindu Kush, Hawaiian Indica, Swazi, and many more.

comments: as well as their hybrids, and many other varieties were developed by me and most of the data you have posted about their origin is not correct. For example:

Afghani #1 the breeder was not Sinsi Seeds Bank, it was me.
Calif Orange was not bred by Dutch passion, but by me.
Durban was not bred by Sinsi Seeds, but by me.
Early Pearl was not breed by Sensi seeds but by a friend of mine.
Hawaiian Indica, not by Sensi Seeds but by me.
Hindu Kush, not by Sinsi Seeds but by me.

All of the Hazes came from my materials I bred in Calif in the 70's. Not from Positronics or anyone else.
You did get Skunk #1 correct.

-Sam the Skunkman

Last edited:
t was submitted by Sam () on Sunday, September 8, 2002 at 04:00:48

strain: Skunk #1, Original Haze, California Orange, Early Girl, Afghani #1, S Indian Kerala, Early Thai, Hindu Kush, Hawaiian Indica, Swazi, and many more.

comments: as well as their hybrids, and many other varieties were developed by me and most of the data you have posted about their origin is not correct. For example:

Afghani #1 the breeder was not Sinsi Seeds Bank, it was me.(Said he with pride)(Discontinued)
Calif Orange was not bred by Dutch passion, but by me.(Discontinued)
Durban was not bred by Sinsi Seeds, but by me.(Discontinued)
Early Pearl was not breed by Sensi seeds but by a friend of mine.(Rob Clark, I still use the IBL I made out of this F1)
Hawaiian Indica, not by Sensi Seeds but by me.(Bullshit)
Hindu Kush, not by Sinsi Seeds but by me.(Bullshit)

All of the Hazes came from my materials I bred in Calif in the 70's.(once again proof that the old Haze seeds he sold me were not bred by him) Not from Positronics or anyone else.
You did get Skunk #1 correct.(I'll give him that one)

-Sam the Skunkman
Hahaha Literally ROFLMFAO!

Let me further add that Sam probably didn't breed the Cali Orange or Durban either, the former came from Jerry Biesler and the latter is said to be from Sandy Weinstein.

Like Nev said before, Sam was a courier! lol

Let me further add that Sam probably didn't breed the Cali Orange or Durban either, the former came from Jerry Biesler and the latter is said to be from Sandy Weinstein.

Like Nev said before, Sam was a courier! lol

Do you have any proof that Sam's Orange was in fact Orange Spice?
J.Biesler told it to you?

Thanx.

K.

The story is he bought seeds from Jerry's ex-wife. I don't know this 100% for sure but I;ve heard it more than once, hence I said probably, we don't know for sure if Sam did buy beans from the ex and if he did, did he cross them to make his Cali Orange? Not sure, I was just making the point that there are alternative stories about the origins of several of Sam's lines and with him taking credit for things like Hawaiian Indica we know he's not honest about such things so that makes the stories about buying seeds from ex-wife more believeable imho.

Back