The origins of Haze

  • Thread starter Thread starter JessE
  • Start date Start date
Hazebrothersinfo2.jpg

continued...
Hazebrothersinfo3.jpg
 
Last edited:
hi Jesse ,

I saw the old article few days ago and noticed the third brother that it mentions.

Today I also read Sam's take on the subject:

Sam_Skunkman said:
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)
 
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)
Hi l33t,
You bring up an interesting point I believe others have touched on as well.
hazebrothersvintagekalikushshowssam.jpg




It is absurd that neville said he got 1969 O Haze seeds from the Haze Bros.
#1 Neville first traveled to USA in 86 or 87 at the earliest,the main Haze Brother, R was gone,retired in Mexico by 82 he did not come back for 10 years. He was the one that created O Haze. The second Haze Brother J quit growing O Haze about 1980 and only grew Skunk #1 after that, until he became a reborn christian, then he quit growing, and anyway recently he told me he never met Neville and he certainly did not sell any Haze seeds to him or anyone else ever.
#2 The Haze Bros had a falling out in the late 70's and stopped talking to one another, for certain they did not sell seeds as the Haze Bros to anyone, it is ridiculous as well as impossible.
Lets be honest Neville got the seeds from me, but he had promised me that he would not make pure Haze and sell them as such, I told him it was fine to make Haze hybrids with other varieties that were not mine.
He broke his word and started selling Haze pure and hybrids with my varieties, and I stopped working with him.
Maybe he lied to avoid the problems that accompany breaking your word? I can not say, but I know Neville did not meet the Haze Bros and did not get any O Haze seeds from them. Both the Haze Bros were close friends of mine and both were close neighbors for years, J lived a few hundred meters from my house until he departed to Mexico.

-SamS
 
Last edited:
A paraphrased quote I found interesting from one of the articles posted above. It leaves me with more questions than answers personally.
Did you ever hear the legend of the haze strain? Brother number two asked me.

There was this old surfer, number two old me. And the legend goes he met this hippy on the beach on the central californian coast who gave him these very special magical seeds. The hippy planted them and practically over night this amazing purple pot plant came up. Well he smoked some and decided to sleep with the plant until it produced enough seeds and then he went out on a kinda johnny appleseed trip, and maybe because of the Jimi Hendrix song, the whole seed strain came to be called purple haze.
 
a bit mischievious maybe

A paraphrased quote I found interesting from one of the articles posted above. It leaves me with more questions than answers personally.

or maybe to get a person off their backs after repeated pestering:D

It used to be 'banana strings' that gave you an LSD trip. Before that 'planting a cannabis seed in a dead cobra head gave the most potent plants'.:confused:
 
jesses l33t
sup fellas

FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it

this was in the same posting it was in response too the question iwas askin correcting raco

i believe sams has been following the latest haze threads

There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT

wats that about did he confuse the nev comin too nyc story
why is it important to bring up
is HT ?high times

after these latest articles i too hav many questions

i wonder wat you guys are pondering


1luvbigherb
 
HazeA crosses

First, HOLA,

Second, I've not grown cannabis because of our laws, since the good 'ol OHaze and my other fav at the time, Williams Wonder. So, its been a few years, but, alas, I'm older and my body is letting me know of this fact and I'm searching for help.

OK, sorry for that and on to the point. Can I get some help concerning all of Nev/GHS/MNS pedigree of their Haze crossing if known? **hell, anyone shed info on SamS's keepers, I'd be all ears.

I've only been able to find the following as concerned to MSN ;


Nevil's haze : ((NL5xHzA)xHzC)

Super Silver Haze : (NL5xHzC)x(SkxHzC)

Mango Haze : (NL5xHzC) x (SkxHzA)

NHS - National Health Service (NL5xHzC)x(Sk88')

Neville's Haze x Mango Haze = ((NL5xHzA) x (HzC)) x ((NL5xHzC) x (SKxHzA))

Does the above look correct? Can some be added? (:

Does Sensi have the hazeA male to produce their NL5xHz? They (sensi) has the goods, no?

Would it be possible to get a listing of current haze cross lineages @MNS?

I am looking mostly for plants with HazeA, in particular, but would take anything I can get with details above the common, hazexsk1 pedigree statements.

Oh how I wish I could find come NHxMH around...

Ultimate goal would be some recombination for years to come.

I hope it's cool these questions on my first post. (:

Take care!

Edit, additions;

Nevil's haze : ((NL5xHzA)xHzC)
Super Silver Haze : (NL5xHzC)x(SkxHzC)
Mango Haze : (NL5xHzC) x (SkxHzA)
NHS - National Health Service (NL5xHzC)x(Sk88')
Neville's Haze x Mango Haze = ((NL5xHzA) x (HzC)) x ((NL5xHzC) x (SKxHzA))

AfghanHaze; (AfghanxHzC)
 
Last edited:
Hi mdp :)
Welcome to the forum, I can certainly understand your willingness to make sure you've got the pedigree's of the strains you're interested in down. Im not sure what Sensi has and doesn't have anymore, but I can tell you for certain I found their customer service non existent. Ive been interested in one of their varieties for several years now, but the funny thing about it is every time Ive made direct inquiries with basic questions they've went unanswered. Needless to say, Ive not purchased the strain in question. If you're looking for anything in particular strain wise, I would recommend contacting Shanti and picking his brain on the subject. He may or may not be able to help you. Good luck.
Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969
Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines.

but plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within.

SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC

the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference

Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants

considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds


Mango Haze
This strain is a parallel line to the Super Silver Haze, i.e. it has the same Haze father and the mother is a sister of the SSH.
 
Last edited:
Thanks man.

I tell ya, trying to wrap my head around all the hazes, is makin' me hazy..

Ah, Thinking about days past, there were two plants I wish I still had, which I've never heard of since. Special cultivators to me, beside my two favorites, then were King, and Tyson.. Juicy Fruit, a sk1 and a Jack herer were special to me, also.

Heck, I still have some King x * seeds from many, but I've yet to get one to crack and grow as they are very old seeds.

Things I haven't thought about in years. Some good memories and days indeed, with some friends no longer alive.

Back on topic.

I do hope a true form of Nl5xHz is released by Shanti/Nev/MNS. I may be forced to go after them from sensi if I can't find an alternative from Shanti.? but I'd sure hate not to buy from one of the best, if not the best, and I'm not sure about Sensi anymore?

IMO the years of fun recombining the elites of the masters would be good fun, and that is what I'm after, but with a little education on what's or was being used or have an idea what I'm looking at when shown an expression.

My first runs are Smans NL, MNS SSH and Mango Hz. Keep two SNL's males and a ssh that's flowering faster than anything I've so far got; it looks special so far for what I guess is the NL in ssh. Time will tell if I can find something that helps me out.

of the 5 MH starts, 0 males. 100% out of 20 seeds total. I couldn't of been happier for as long as it's been.

Anyhow, Take care all.
 
You will like MH, sugarcoated stuff, never seen something like that before, white foxtails... ahhh 2-3 more weeks, then I can test it the first time.
 
Hi guys,
Smoking some F1 Mango Haze right now and its very tasty cannabis indeed. There is something I see consistantly in these Mango Haze plants that is very special, this is without question conneuseur grade marijuana. For the second year in a row now Im left convinced the marijuana I grew is as good as it gets in overall quality, and thats the mark of a truly superior line of marijuana from seed with that kind of consistancy. The level of work that has went into this line speaks for itself in just the quality of the finished product.

The aroma given off from this plant is quite unique and special, well done once again Shanti. Interesting to keep an eye on things here and at other forums, this thread has had a positive influence on the entire marijuana community I feel and I hope it continues to bring direction in the future.
 
Last edited:
Originally Posted by Shantibaba
just to set the records straight MNS has a pure haze female also and thanks to Nev and the santa cruz haze bros these genetics were worked on well. BUt it is not practical to put on the market as the NH is already an extremely time consuming plant to do

shanti

MNS has a pure haze female

we know as mother of la nina

quoted BH
Also, I was told that Neville did cross the B female to one or both of the males to make pure Haze, just wondered why he never released it or worked with it in hybrids, probably because pure Haze is a waste of time for most growers who aren't able to grow it outdoors below 30N.

im curious to know if that post means you have a pure haze line unreleased

i understand its not practical but im sure its very highly sought after

if nevs grows 14 -16 wks why not grow the holy grail for 10 more

also can you tell me did neville offer pure haze in the 88 catalouge?

do you have this in ur stock ?
1988 Catalog the Seed Bank introduced a Haze X NL #1 hybrid

1luvbigherb
 
Last edited:
Sam offered pure haze in 1985

According to the 1985 Cultivator's Choice catalog, Original Haze was offered by Sam...this must have been in response to the incident where Nevil offered pure haze somewhere (not sure where though):confused:
 
According to the 1985 Cultivator's Choice catalog, Original Haze was offered by Sam...this must have been in response to the incident where Nevil offered pure haze somewhere (not sure where though)


that dont make sense
sams accused nev of sellin his strain and for breaking his word of not selling pure haze i cant find any info of nev sellin pure haze

1luvbigherb
 
The Original Haze By TFD

Is There Any Truth In The Flying Dutchman Seeds Strain " The Original Haze " ?
I Was Just Looking At A Catalogue I Picked Up In Dam This Past May And Noticed It .
Just A Mention
JKP:)
 
Quote:
Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969
Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines.

but plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within.

SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC

the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference

Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants

considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds



Quote:
Mango Haze
This strain is a parallel line to the Super Silver Haze, i.e. it has the same Haze father and the mother is a sister of the SSH.


So Jesse is this a typo? or mistake by shanti sumtime bcus these quotes u jus posted don't go together on the top it says they had a dif father on the bottom ssays they hav a dif father.....any idea wich is rite?


Super Silver Haze : (NL5xHzC)x(SkxHzC)

Mango Haze : (NL5xHzC) x (SkxHzA)

if they hav dif moms than the NL5xHzC would b the dad and the skunk hazes would b the moms that r sisters but in the other post it says they hav dif fathers

Jus tryin to get everything straight here let me kno wich is wich i'd ask shanti but i kno hes busy n u probly hav quotes of wat hes said b4
 
I had wondered about this myself too but I dont really know. JessE suggested that the Beta version of MH was different to the one that is in the market and maybe this is the case
 
Is There Any Truth In The Flying Dutchman Seeds Strain " The Original Haze " ?

JKP,
To my knowledge Eddie of 'The Flying Dutchmen' sold the company to Sensi Seeds now. As to what they may or may not have in their genetic library, I could not say for sure. But what I do know is Shanti has in the past stated the haze brothers line of haze made its way to both Nevil and Skunkman.

In the past we have read Skunkmans lines can be found at 'The Flying Dutchmen'.

I believe this subject has been expanded upon previously in the thread however, for those interested who are not already familiar with this subject I recommend going back through the thread and reading it in its entirety.

So Jesse is this a typo?
Hi budbo,
I can see that you're paying attention since you were able to notice the differences between the two quotes. Its not a typo on my end to my knowledge, the only person who would know for sure is Shanti. I included it simply because I wanted to be as accurate as possible with the post.

JessE suggested that the Beta version of MH was different to the one that is in the market and maybe this is the case
Hi l33t,
Trust you are well, I definitely found more sativa pheno's in the Beta Mango Haze. If the pedigree has changed, I cant say for sure. Ive actually got both the Beta Mango Haze and the version on the market today in my possession though and have found them both special. Whether they are the same or not only Shanti could say with authority. Perhaps he chimes in on the subject once he returns? Maybe not lol.
 
Back
Top