The origins of Haze

  • Thread starter Thread starter JessE
  • Start date Start date
According to the 1985 Cultivator's Choice catalog, Original Haze was offered by Sam...this must have been in response to the incident where Nevil offered pure haze somewhere (not sure where though)


that dont make sense
sams accused nev of sellin his strain and for breaking his word of not selling pure haze i cant find any info of nev sellin pure haze

1luvbigherb

Well, I can say %100 that Ohaze was available from sacred seeds club in the midwest states in and through, and possible before the mid '80's; for what it's worth. I'd have to go digging through the HT collection to place an exact year, but, some HT may not of made it through the '93 floods in page-able form....~curiosity is now going...

I do not know the politics of the canna business currently to say anything other that what I've read but IMO SAM is a legend. As is H Marks, N Shoemakers and now Shanti (surname?) for carrying on the work. 39 days in and a bit fat WOW for prepotency from a couple of shanti's plants.


Shanti, Sir, if you would be so kind, would you clear the air as to the makeup of your wonderful plants?! I do understand if you choose not to answer as that would be kind-of the same as giving recipes, but, you (I) have to ask to be told NO. if you know what I mean. :)

I'm really interested in HzA crosses if that matters any.

Thanks! and take care!!
 
MDP

Well, I can say %100 that Ohaze was available from sacred seeds club in the midwest states in and through, and possible before the mid '80's; for what it's worth

we kno sams offered original haze threw sacred seeds along wit the 1-4 burning bush newyears haze id lov to see them all made available before that id lov to just hav som info on them lineage smoke reports but it doesnt seem very likely

my point was sams contradicting version of events wen did neville offer pure haze as sams has accussed him

as i said
sams accused nev of sellin his strain and for breaking his word of not selling pure haze i cant find any info of nev sellin pure haze

as for the reciepe i dont think youll get anymore info then wat is available

short version nev haze stock comes from seeds collected in nyc from 69 wether the stock was from 69 or the seeds were collected then is not confirmed i believe

from the seeds 3 were used in breeding as haze A B C
HAZE A HAZE C being male
haze B female
haze A is lumbo dom
haze C is thai dom

1luvbigherb
 
bigherb,

Thanks for the reply and info, along with everyone else.

I was not aware that Sam and Nevil, from reading between your lines, had a big fallout.

To be straight, I really do not care about any of that as long as someone has the genetics in a crackable seed form. No offense if I sound rude with that, just being... blunt. Knowing what's what would be nice, in the meantime I'll ,...

So, I take it these questions I'm asking have been asked before and the above is going to be as good as it gets? I'd hope not, but would not be surprise at, or even expect a different outcome. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be answered though so I try....



Have a good'n and take care!
 
bigherb,

Thanks for the reply and info, along with everyone else.

I was not aware that Sam and Nevil, from reading between your lines, had a big fallout.

To be straight, I really do not care about any of that as long as someone has the genetics in a crackable seed form. No offense if I sound rude with that, just being... blunt. Knowing what's what would be nice, in the meantime I'll ,...

So, I take it these questions I'm asking have been asked before and the above is going to be as good as it gets? I'd hope not, but would not be surprise at, or even expect a different outcome. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be answered though so I try....



Have a good'n and take care!

Some Of The Best Plants I Have Ever Grown (T.R.C )Needed A Simple Scrape Along The Sharp Side of The Seed .;)
Your Input , Like Everyone Elses , Evokes Debate , And Thats A Good Thing :)
Peace
JKP:)
 

Attachments

  • During My Chemo Phaze-2005.jpg
    During My Chemo Phaze-2005.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 21
This thread has to be the best read on haze ever, Have any of you guys ever read this magazine article. Its from a late 70s english mag called homegrown and records there efforts to find the elusive haze in cali..J..:)
 
Last edited:
looks like som oldschool haze

id lov to read that article hopfully you can figure it out


1luvbigherb
 
I think he mentions in the last paragraph, 'the haze was found'..
 
Last edited:
much thanks jingles n redeye

i lov that first pic ,now thats som haze we dont see on boards pure sativa bush

1luvbigherb
 
Thanks for the help Red...
interesting article, I think I read that in jr high.

Kudos Jingles for the pictures.

peace
scorpion
 
small but the man with the zoom may be able to do something with them..:)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top