Couldn't stand the suspense any longer, so I pm'ed British Hempire to get the latest goss on the origins of Haze. He finally replied, saying he still wasn't ready to publish his findings as he was awaiting verification from a professor of marijuana mythology at the University of South Wales. He did however give me some absolutely mind boggling tidbits:
1. The true identity of Sam Skunkman aka David Watson is none other than....wait for it....Ed Rosenthal!
2. Sam/Dave/Ed had been working with British intelligence as early as 1939 to develop an exploding Superskunk cigarette in the assassination of Adolf Hitler!
3. The true origins of Haze was British, that the famous Brother's Haze referred to the Brothers of Eternal Love - a cabal of expat poms, of which Old Timer was a founding member.
4. The origin of the Haze that Neville Schoenmaker acquired was from none other than the Mullumbimby Madness that arrived in Holland with Shanti.
5. Neville had married his love of sheep breeding and marijuana breeding and was somewhere in New Zealand developing a cross between an Argentine Marino Ram and a Columbian sativa.
Not wanting to believe such a fantasy I wrote back to BH to suggest he was talking BS, inventing a story to make it seem like his countrymen were the only keepers of the Truth on the Origins of Haze. He told me to fuck off he wasn't Dalai Hempy.
So I pm'ed Sam Skunkman over at ICmag to guage his reaction. He neither acknowledged nor denied that he was Ed Rosenthal, he said it was a coincidence that he was a former jeweler who just so happened to live in the Amsterdam's Jewish quarter. He did however say that the Mullumbimby Madness brought to Holland by Shanti was in fact developed by him in the 70's when he was visiting Byron Bay!
I then pm'ed Hempy to get some Earthy wisdom and see what he had to say. He basically said that both OT and SamS were liars and that the Haze was probably a Thia.
SamS did offer me some pure CBD, non-THC buds that were stronger than valium if I would keep his identity quiet. I kinda wish I'd taken him up on his offer. Who needs to smoke haze when you can trip out more just bullshitting about it?
If ever there was a need to prove that marijuana causes brain damage, this thread and the one over at ICmag would probably provide it.