LB's 2024 outdoor container grow

Thanks, Uncle Jack. Good to see I have a bit of time. Was hoping for a Afghan Haze male but at least I have a straw of Early Haze(Early Queen x Afghan Haze). <In this case the Afghan Haze was the male as Shantibaba always lists female first, male second. Confusing, no? I really like Early Queen so having a few hundred Early Queen F2's will be great! The Afghan Haze X Early Queen may be good for finishing in this area!

Longball

Last edited:
As a side note, in breeding nomenclature the male is traditionally listed first.
So whichever way you go it will be either Early Queen x Early Queen or Early Queen x Afghan Haze.

For those confused about naming nomenclature:

"In breeding terminology, the female plant typically goes first in the naming convention. For example, “Snake Eyes x Diamond Dust” means Snake Eyes is the female plant receiving the male Diamond Dust pollen."

Yes my bad.
Memory fade on that one. Sorry about that Longball.
Well played.
Should always crosscheck information on the intranet.
Being wrong can be quite liberating I have found.

This old Nordle has got me in goofy land.
Should come with a warning on the packet.
All the best

Last edited:
Most seasons I'm hoping for a high female to male ratio. This year I was looking to make lots of seeds so a lot of males was desired. Of course, I got 8 of 9 females this year. :( While it makes the selection very easy I'm gonna have to rely on Lady Luck a little more than I'd like for a good male. Perhaps Lady Luck, herself, had planned it to be that way. In either case, like @Freedom_Fighter says, you have to work with the cards that you have been dealt. A friend set me up a light in the Dungeon of Despair where all the Hanky-Panky will take place. @Mr. Brown has a ringside seat for the Festlichkeiten.

I think I will move him down there tomorrow and then I need to select 3 females, 1 Early Queen, and 2 Afghan Haze. And there is the 'unknown' one, which I think is Early Queen. I'll post up a bikini contest and we'll vote. Just bikini girls, no machine guns.

Early Queen #3, Lady Luck's chosen one.
Early Queen #3 Male 082024 DSC_2475 .jpg

I think Early Queen #1 would look sexy in a bikini. To be fair, a side-by-side with Early Queen #2 is needed.

EQ #1 082024 DSC_2478 LR-2.jpg

Afghan Haze #2 & #3

AH #2 #3  082024 DSC_2489 A.JPG

Afghan Haze #2
AH #2 082024 DSC_2502 LR.jpg

Afghan Haze #2. 8 Days ago she had just reached the top of the railing.

AH #2 082024 DSC_2511 LR.jpg

From Sara's Secret Stash - Critical Kush

Critical Kush 082024 DSC_2507 LR.jpg

[Verse 1]
I been a drag racer on LSD
And I rode bare-assed on top of the Sphinx
I even had a gorilla on the slopes of kismet
And man, that was fun for a while you bet, but

[Chorus]
Bikini girls with machine guns
Oh, this stuff will kill you
It's loaded with fun

Longball

Last edited:
Looks like the Early Queen Male is starting to mature up. Time to move him to the breeding ground.

Early Queen Male 082524 1 DSC_2675.jpg

It turns out that I screwed up and a couple pods opened while most were not yet ready. Somebody mentioned there may be a bit of pre-cum. That shit is just as deadly as the Full Monty cum. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad!

Early Queen Male 082524 2.jpg

Bastiges!

Early Queen Male 082524 3 DSC_2717.jpg

Afghan Haze #2

Afghan Haze #2 082524 1 DSC_2696.jpg

Afghan Haze #3

Afghan Haze #3 082524 1 DSC_2698.jpg

Early Queen #1. Very nice looking plant. Always seem to get some nice surprises from Early Queen. Looking forward to some F2's :love:

Early Queen #1 082524 1 DSC_2703.jpg

Early Queen #2. Was next to the male so some doubts about her virginity. Hopefully Early Queen #1 is 99.44% pure like the Ivory Soap girl, Marilyn Chambers.

Early Queen #2 082524 1 DSC_2673.jpg

From Sara's Secret Stash - Critical Kush - looking like a BBFCFM(Big Black Furry Creature From Mars).

Critical Kush 082524 1 DSC_2689.jpg

Looks like the Early Queen Male is starting to mature up. Time to move him to the breeding ground.

View attachment 92006

It turns out that I screwed up and a couple pods opened while most were not yet ready. Somebody mentioned there may be a bit of pre-cum. That shit is just as deadly as the Full Monty cum. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad!

View attachment 92007

Bastiges!

View attachment 92008

Afghan Haze #2

View attachment 92009

Afghan Haze #3

View attachment 92010

Early Queen #1. Very nice looking plant. Always seem to get some nice surprises from Early Queen. Looking forward to some F2's :love:

View attachment 92011

Early Queen #2. Was next to the male so some doubts about her virginity. Hopefully Early Queen #1 is 99.44% pure like the Ivory Soap girl, Marilyn Chambers.

View attachment 92012

From Sara's Secret Stash - Critical Kush - looking like a BBFCFM(Big Black Furry Creature From Mars).

View attachment 92013

Looking great LB. They’re exploding with happiness 🤤

View attachment 92006

View attachment 92007

Bastiges!

View attachment 92008

Nice looking dude. I culled mine at the first sign that it was getting ready to blow its load. I'm pretty sure I caught him in time. Will post a few photos of him later today.

Cheers! - FF

Mostly it is not yet ready but there is always one or two in every litter. Was keeping an eye on it. Not saying that my refrigerator dying and living out of a cooler this weekend had anything to do with it. But it did! :rolleyes:

Longball

Yes, condolences on your loss. Always sucks when a fridge craps-out. Been there in the past, so I know the "pain-in-the-ass" involved.

Growing a "dude" with balls right beside the girls is always a huge risk; one that I'd prefer not taking if I could avoid it. I took cuts, before culling, put them in water glasses inside the house, with the hope of harvesting some gold dust. We'll see.

Fingers crossed.

FF

Glad I moved the Early Queen male as soon as I did. He is very serious about his business. Hopefully the whole deck isn't 'polluted'. Put 3 females down with him, Early Queen #2 because she was next to the male, and Afghan Haze #1 & 3. They had the most developed sex organs. With a little luck maybe I will get some early finishers for my climate. I don't think I have seen any Early Queen males used in the MNS catalog. With only 1 male, my pickin's were kinda slim!

Early Queen #2. Never grew plants so small and never will again. Seen bigger Bonsai mums. The plan was to have 6 of the biggest EQ X Zunami plants the world has seen. Like @Freedom_Fighter says, "you have to work with the cards that you have been dealt."
Early Queen #2

Early Queen #2 082724 DSC_2780.jpg

Early Queen #2

Early Queen #2 082724 DSC_2774.jpg

Afghan Haze #1

Afghan Haze #1 082724 DSC_2782.jpg

Afghan Haze #3

Afghan Haze #3 082724 DSC_2788.jpg

Get. Busy.

Early Queen #2 DSC_2793a.JPG

Looks like another heavenly sunset down North Island way! :)

Sunset 082524 4.jpg

It's considered good practice to breed with just one male.
Especially if you are interested in isolating a special male.
Of course it requires keeping said male alive in clone form or revegging.
However if you find a special female in the seeds you make and cross it back to that male you have just begun stabilising your own strain.
You could call the backcross Longballs cultigen.
All the best

How are the plants doing Longball?
Some nice lady's you have and that stud looks very nice to.
I love the pink pistils on your EQ#2.:love:

Hope the wheather holds in upstate NY, here not. 🌧️☔

Greetings.

Hi Swifty! :)

Thanks for asking . The weather has been much wetter and colder than normal here. The weather should be sunnier this week but still about 10+ degrees colder at night. @7C First time growing 50% Afghan Haze, seems a little cool for it?

Early Queen #2 was looking very pretty with her pink pistils. As Larry Flynt's jet had painted on it - 'Think Pink'! But then she went and discovered....boys! Not looking so pretty anymore.

P1110512.JPG

Was hoping for a few Afghan Haze males to choose from but only ended up with a single Early Queen male. He is pollinating Early Queen #2 and 2 Afghan Haze's
Early Queen #2 DSC_2827.jpg

Early Queen #2 DSC_2829.jpg

Success

Early Queen #2 DSC_2979.jpg DSC_2977.jpg

Early Queen male
Early Queen male 2024.jpg

Early Queen male 2024 B.jpg

Thanks for asking . The weather has been much wetter and colder than normal here. The weather should be sunnier this week but still about 10+ degrees colder at night. @7C First time growing 50% Afghan Haze, seems a little cool for it?

Early Queen #2 was looking very pretty with her pink pistils. As Larry Flynt's jet had painted on it - 'Think Pink'! But then she went and discovered....boys! Not looking so pretty anymore.

View attachment 92685

Was hoping for a few Afghan Haze males to choose from but only ended up with a single Early Queen male. He is pollinating Early Queen #2 and 2 Afghan Haze's
View attachment 92687

View attachment 92688

Success

View attachment 92689View attachment 92690

Early Queen male
View attachment 92691

View attachment 92693

Looks like the little boy created a big mess with these beautiful ladies :love:

MB

Looks like the pizza making got a bit out of hand.

Next time if you get more males you could try Nevils advice and just fertilize individual buds with individual males.

Nice way to cover more ground and the unfertilized buds give a chance to sample the female without all the seeds affecting flavor.

Nice job mate your progressing well.

View attachment 92685

View attachment 92687

View attachment 92688

Success

View attachment 92689View attachment 92690

Early Queen male
View attachment 92691

View attachment 92693
Cannabis Money Shot…

Back