• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

Who is the top 10 Breeders in the world?

This.

Some of the best seeds (if not the best) I ever germed were bred by some anonymous person who has been growing outdoors for 20+ years making and testing their own seed.

Said person doesn't want fame or big bucks and so shirks the limelight. I happened to be introduced to them and they generously shared some beans.

I don't doubt there are many such quiet gardeners out there who do great work and never become widely known.

The commercial seed scene is too much about hype and trend IMO, a breeder who grows for their own headstash is yer best bet.

best statement ive seen

This.

Some of the best seeds (if not the best) I ever germed were bred by some anonymous person who has been growing outdoors for 20+ years making and testing their own seed.

Said person doesn't want fame or big bucks and so shirks the limelight. I happened to be introduced to them and they generously shared some beans.

I don't doubt there are many such quiet gardeners out there who do great work and never become widely known.

The commercial seed scene is too much about hype and trend IMO, a breeder who grows for their own headstash is yer best bet.

for real I got some outdoor seeds from a guy up in cannada thats been growing and breeding his own for years back when I was 17 and I grew them seeds for 2 years outdoors and they did just as good as any breeder seeds outdoors.
thats actually where some of the best IBL's came from like skunk#1, northern lights, the original big bud and bubble gum that I can think of. they all came from people just breeding them on their own for their own seed stock.

Love The One You're With

not in order
sam the skunk man
shantibaba probally has the best parent stock in the buisness
dj short
chimera
neville
simon (serious seeds)
sensi seeds has some good stuff especially jack herrer just not sure who breeds for them.
tom hill
soma
robert clarke (atleast for breeding info not sure what hes really bred)

the only breeder I really disagree on that some had is subcool the guy has no IBL's he does no inbreeding, backcrossing, etc except he has one cross he backcrossed and he has a total of 2-3 males that he just crosses to clone onlys. I really don't even like subcool either mostly cause he read off breeding notes he got from dj short's book on his weed nerd show then he has a thread on rollitup.org were he grew out blueberry got 3 females made 2 herm called dj shorts blueberry crap and when't on an on about being a better breeder than dj short.lol, DJ Shorts Blueberry heres the thread he even starts out talking negative but page 7 post 69 is when he starts calling it crap he didn't even finish the plant that did not herm. I've smoked blueberry before and the guy who grew it had no herms from a full pack it wasn't bad weed at all. but subcool has 2 of 3 herm makes me think he made them herm just to make his seeds look better. another thing I don't like about him is if you post in his section of riu and he don't like it or don't want to answer it he deletes it.

but thats just why I don't like him and don't cosider him a real breeder but a pollen chucker.

I've Grown Sagamartha Blueberry ( 1996, Vancouver, Selling For $250.00 Canadian A Pack:eek: ). Dutch Passions Blueberry And Flo Were Selling For $250 and $ 300.00 !
I've Grown D.J Shorts Blueberry ( Through Breeder Steve, Spice Of Life Seeds)
And The Fruitiest Tutti Fruity Blueberry Came From A Ever So Kind Breeder Named Lonestar ( Texas Resin Company Redeux). For Awhile It Was Like I Had Magic Seeds:rolleyes: (100% Germination, Nine Females And One Male!!)
Of Course My Being A Member Here Is Based On The Quality Of The Posts Which I Find To Be The Best On The Net. Not Once Have I Seen shanti Try And Promote His Seeds. They Do It By Themselves ( See The Many Threads Here From Happy Satisfied Customers ;) )
Trying The Shark Shock This Time Round And Am Looking Forwards To Another Grow Show.
Nice,
JKP
P.S; Johin; Don't Forget Rottweilers ( They're Loyal And Don't Carry Tales,Lol)

Attachments

• ChunkyMonkey5.jpg
    ChunkyMonkey5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ChunkyMonk-Nov1.jpg
    ChunkyMonk-Nov1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1
  • TexasHeather-jan06-06-GrowingGolfba.jpg
    TexasHeather-jan06-06-GrowingGolfba.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1
  • TUBOTRCPlease-jan10-06.jpg
    TUBOTRCPlease-jan10-06.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Typical_SOL_Genetics-SWTxLavender.jpg
    Typical_SOL_Genetics-SWTxLavender.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 5_3_grammes_Halloween_SWT1_1.jpg
    5_3_grammes_Halloween_SWT1_1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 7
  • 3155TRC_ART_Texas_Heather.jpg
    3155TRC_ART_Texas_Heather.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 4
  • JKPIndoorGrow-TRC-SOL-2005.jpg
    JKPIndoorGrow-TRC-SOL-2005.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Buddynoticessomeone-2007WakestockWa.jpg
    Buddynoticessomeone-2007WakestockWa.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6
  • Mommabentandstrategicalyplacedbone.jpg
    Mommabentandstrategicalyplacedbone.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Buddy And MNS G13xHaze- Both Stink When Wet.jpg
    Buddy And MNS G13xHaze- Both Stink When Wet.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 5
And The Fruitiest Tutti Fruity Blueberry Came From A Ever So Kind Breeder Named Lonestar ( Texas Resin Company Redeux). For Awhile It Was Like I Had Magic Seeds:rolleyes: (100% Germination, Nine Females And One Male!!)

Hey JKP, can you elaborate about TxResinCo? I've heard a buzz about them, but wasn't sure if they were producing anything?

-mp

Maybe Next Year

Hey JKP, can you elaborate about TxResinCo? I've heard a buzz about them, but wasn't sure if they were producing anything?

-mp

At The Moment TRC Are Not To My Knowledge Doing Anything. I Saw Some TRC Blue Bonnets Growing Recently That Looked Nice.
Lonestar Used To Name Some Of His Crosses After Hurricanes That Smashed Into The States.
Heres A Couple Of TRC Females:cool:Texas Karen And (LSKQ= Lonestars Killer Queen - Clone Only). A Treat For Sure:)
JKP:)

Attachments

• Gurgle-001 TRC Glaze- Karen.jpg
    Gurgle-001 TRC Glaze- Karen.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 10
  • LSKQ-Oct10-_halfway_flowered.jpg
    LSKQ-Oct10-_halfway_flowered.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Oct8-_Quality_Sweet-LSKQ.jpg
    Oct8-_Quality_Sweet-LSKQ.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 8
  • TRC-KQ-_Late_Oct.jpg
    TRC-KQ-_Late_Oct.jpg
    953 KB · Views: 13
  • Lower_Nugs-KQ-Oct12.jpg
    Lower_Nugs-KQ-Oct12.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 6
At The Moment TRC Are Not To My Knowledge Doing Anything. I Saw Some TRC Blue Bonnets Growing Recently That Looked Nice.
Lonestar Used To Name Some Of His Crosses After Hurricanes That Smashed Into The States.
Heres A Couple Of TRC Females:cool:Texas Karen And (LSKQ= Lonestars Killer Queen - Clone Only). A Treat For Sure:)
JKP:)

Thanks JKP, looking good! I bet that KQ is xtra nice.

I have . Plush berry ,Qurqel,& deep purple . I have not opened them yet. I have a project i am still not complete with so I'm going to wait on them for a month,
I have heard TGA has the supper smelly , I don't know any1 who grows tga stuff and I don't know if it Hermes . At there both the TGA dude let me smell some jilly bean , & it was not my style .
I also met the Gage Green dude s , they were pretty cool people , the herb that dude let me smell was fire , I got some of there seeds , they were not what I would say world class breeders ,(because most of what they got are just crosses that most Californians can make themselves , ) but they were kool.

I hope you get some dank purples from those seeds. I was tempted to get a pack of ace of spades and jacks cleaner2 for lemon and lemon/berry smells, but I'm holding off on those for now. I have yet to start some older spice of life og x blue satellites. I might get what I'm looking for in those.

I saw on cage greens site that they have colombian gold and even willie nelson, must be reeferman f2s... I'd like to try the chemd x colombian gold. It always piques my interest when I see an elite crossed with a landrace sativa.

-mp

1. The Indian from the islands outside Seattle
2. Jim Ortega
3. Nevil
4 everybody else
"The Indian" was Don Downes and he lived a little north of Olympia (no Island) he received 90% of the genetics he used (NL#5, NL #2, Hash Plant) form the friends of the Indoor Sun Shoppe group in the Seattle Area. Don was an older guy who we set up with a four light operation and the Indica crosses from Steve Murphy's original Afghani Indica strain.

One that I don't see mentioned but I think really did something quite interesting is Joint Doctor
His lowryder strain is not for everyone, and obviously the potency is lacking, but it is an amazing feat of breeding.

Another that I didn't see mentioned (but maybe I missed it) is Nebu
I have grown out a few things derived from him and they were all good. Which is really incredible considering how few packs of seeds he ever put on the market.

Im really suprise nobody mentionned Heimee Cheiba:

I will give my liste of my favorite breeders:
for the puriste:
-Shanti Baba (My big master)
-Nevil
-Heimee Cheiba
-Kc Brain

For the new school:
-Shiloh Massive
-Capulators
-Oni Noodles
-JBeezy

Im new generation in the industry generation 1989 ;)

love and respect to all of you

It's probably already been said. But.

The only "breeder" you need ever concern yourself with is..... You.
The rest are trying to sell you something and with varying degrees of honesty at that.

That said, A good start is important, which in a nutshell is what MrN etc offer up imho.
Selecting with ones own senses is everything.

Last edited:
Back