The origins of Haze

  • Thread starter Thread starter JessE
  • Start date Start date
Re: TY article

Dreadful little article, full of oblique unfounded accusations, cheap sensationalism, pseudo-scientific non-sequiturs and general utter bollocks.

Don't know how Marco let it be printed, I was under the impression that he could do better. I won't say much more, but consider this, from the closing paragraphs:
One thing we know, the last thing that GWPharm/Hortapharm wants is the medical cannabis scene catching hold as it has in California.
Hortapharm, with the support of DEA and GW Pharm, have introduce a genetically-engineered super strain of Skunkweed, that makes people paranoid, psychotic, and makes you completely stupid.

IOW rehashing the brain-dead urban mythologies of "American Beauty" the misnamed UK newspaper "The Independent" and John Walters. Skunk as GM weed.... sheesh... so 2005.

If there is any malicious intent - i.e. if the article is not the product of total moronity, then I guess that must lie with the author, rather than the targets of his accusations.
 
Last edited:
I think what were not understanding here is that Original Haze was developed in the early 70's. 69 no ! Haze didn't even exist then. I think the Haze brothers know when they created it:p
 
I think the Haze brothers know when they created it

hav you spoke wit them lately

becaz they havnt made any claims or statements publicly

soo really its who do you believe
what makes the most sense

I think what were not understanding here is that Original Haze was developed in the early 70's. 69 no !

i think you should do som research

reguardless of the date genetics speak for themselves
 
Hazes

Prior To 2005 I Had Never Grown Haze Strains ( With The Exception Of Utopiates C99XBlueberry = Cindyberry )
But In 2005 I Tried To Grow Chemo Haze
The Indoor Grown Took Over 100 Days To Flower , And I Considered It A Challenge To Grow. The Outdoor Was Harvested Early
In 2008 I Was Fortuneate Enough To Grow Some Mr Nice Super Silver Haze Indoors And Outdoors
It Grew With Much More Vigour And Was More Consistant . I Was Impressed
This Year Growing Mr Nice Early Haze Outdoors , Moving All But One Indoors To Finish Is Equally As Exiting .
I Don't Know If I'll Realise Bud As Intense As Botanical Bill's or #'s
But As Far As Quality Goes The Extra Time Involved Is Worth The Wait
JKP:)
 

Attachments

  • Chemo Haze - Outdoor 2005.jpg
    Chemo Haze - Outdoor 2005.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Super Cold-Mr Nice Super Silver Haze-nov20.jpg
    Super Cold-Mr Nice Super Silver Haze-nov20.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Haze - Chemo- Sativa- Wales 2005.jpg
    Haze - Chemo- Sativa- Wales 2005.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 27
  • Sing Wispy Haze -2005.jpg
    Sing Wispy Haze -2005.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 17 Sept-EHT- EH7.jpg
    17 Sept-EHT- EH7.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Mr Nice Super Silver Haze - 2008.jpg
    Mr Nice Super Silver Haze - 2008.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Sept17- Early Haze- In Flush.jpg
    Sept17- Early Haze- In Flush.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Outdoor Early Haze - Sept13-  Ripen.jpg
    Outdoor Early Haze - Sept13- Ripen.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Early Haze - Sept 13 - Cooler Nights.jpg
    Early Haze - Sept 13 - Cooler Nights.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 9
joe


very nice pics i lov the outdoor shots

im paticularly interested in ur 4th pic
labeled sing wispy haze wats that ?

looks real hazy very similar flower structure to my sk/hz

1luvbigherb
 
joe


very nice pics i lov the outdoor shots

im paticularly interested in ur 4th pic
labeled sing wispy haze wats that ?

looks real hazy very similar flower structure to my sk/hz

1luvbigherb

Why , Thank You:)
Wispy Haze Is Just A Name I Made Up When Stoned
It's The Kevdaddy Chemo Haze ( Kevdaddy And His Buddy Tal Were Amatuer Breeders Who Treaded The Boards Of Cannabis World ).
Since I Had No Prior Experience With Growing Haze , I Just Kept It In Flower
Joe:)
 

Attachments

  • Eye Candy 6- Indoor KD Chemo Haze-100 Days.jpg
    Eye Candy 6- Indoor KD Chemo Haze-100 Days.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Chemo-001.jpg
    Chemo-001.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Chemo Haze.jpg
    Chemo Haze.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Hazey Dayze of KD Chemo-2005.jpg
    Hazey Dayze of KD Chemo-2005.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 9
Funny, I still know them and they both said point blank no way.
BTW One of the Haze Bros spent all of the 80's & 90's in Mexico retired, the other Haze grower had quit growing Original Haze in 1980 because he found Skunk #1 easier to grow. Niether ever made large batches of seeds, and as far as I know neither had any Original Haze seeds left by the early 1980's when Neville got them from the Haze Bros??? And they both clearly said they did not sell Neville anything, or even meet him.

Remember that Shantibaba was not around when Neville claimed to get Original Haze Seeds from the Haze Bros, he may well have been told this by Neville but it does not make it true. Neville has been know to bend the truth more then once, and has lied to me more then once, when it was to his advantage.

-SamS
 
Funny, I still know them and they both said point blank no way.
BTW One of the Haze Bros spent all of the 80's & 90's in Mexico retired, the other Haze grower had quit growing Original Haze in 1980 because he found Skunk #1 easier to grow. Niether ever made large batches of seeds, and as far as I know neither had any Original Haze seeds left by the early 1980's when Neville got them from the Haze Bros??? And they both clearly said they did not sell Neville anything, or even meet him.

Remember that Shantibaba was not around when Neville claimed to get Original Haze Seeds from the Haze Bros, he may well have been told this by Neville but it does not make it true. Neville has been know to bend the truth more then once, and has lied to me more then once, when it was to his advantage.

-SamS

Vortex ; Are You Refering To My Last Post ( Kevdaddy And Tal ) , Or Are You Refering To Two Other Individuals ?
I'd Love To Get In Touch With Kevdaddy Again And Find The Origins Of Where He Got Them ( But They Are Descendants Of The University Of British Columbia Strain ) Texada Timewarp X Haze
JKP
I Gifted My Remaining Chemo Haze Seeds To Bonguru Of Bonguru Seeds
I Never Found Out If He Did Anything With Them (2006 ).
 
Funny, I still know them and they both said point blank no way.
BTW One of the Haze Bros spent all of the 80's & 90's in Mexico retired, the other Haze grower had quit growing Original Haze in 1980 because he found Skunk #1 easier to grow. Niether ever made large batches of seeds, and as far as I know neither had any Original Haze seeds left by the early 1980's when Neville got them from the Haze Bros??? And they both clearly said they did not sell Neville anything, or even meet him.

Remember that Shantibaba was not around when Neville claimed to get Original Haze Seeds from the Haze Bros, he may well have been told this by Neville but it does not make it true. Neville has been know to bend the truth more then once, and has lied to me more then once, when it was to his advantage.

-SamS
.....................
 
proof in the pudding

History is interesting, however, since the great imports are over, I wonder if knowing the details one way or the other has any significance.

Most folks on this site already know who offers the best Haze Hybrids: Mr. Nice Seeds.
 
GinoN said....

"Hello to everyone at MNS forum and I did read the beggining of that article and it sounds kinda accurate originating Ca -I am from the Central Valley and still here our growing season is from the 3rd week of March (last frost) and first frost is in Dec, it gets 100 plus degrees easy with night time temps 65 degrees, yes we have a longer season and its perfect for Haze but not for true/pure Sativas -I guess there were guys before my time named the Haze bros, and in the 80s it was all about Neville and Amsterdam? I wouldnt have a clue but I do know I have a "Lime Haze" seedstock that is pretty much a private reserve that is thin leaved, christmas tree shape that is light green and turns purple in Dec when it gets a light frost, there are many people out here that grow by seeds and trade amoung their small group-I halso heard Haze Bros actually grew in Monterrey/Santa Cruz hills that is Central Coast Im 2 hrs inland in the CentralValley-the agricultural area I believe they may have a little more Indica than Sativa than we do we put just enough indica so it will finish-there were somany Haze strains around here it was great but then many went indoors and for fast strains? I bet they regret it now-I grow the local Lime Haze finishing in Dec and I also grow Somas Amnesia Haze and its showing its white hairs flowering now-I figure another 8 weeks so actually our Haze is more Sativa'ish in other words a little longer I bend all my Haze strains or else they get too big and very noticable to me its only good to grow Haze outdoors and we do anyway its great to hear people talk and discuss Haze strains -good luck to all ...Gino (Central Valley Ca)"

Thanks for your post, GinoN. It's interesting to me that your circle adds just enough indica to curtail the flower period to fit your micro-climate.

Side note and Historical Fact: A man claiming to be Jesus Christ (2nd Coming) rode, on a mule, into a village roughly fifteen hundred years ago. He was immediately stoned to death and burried for the crime of heresy.

IMHO, this is where the mythical/ephemeral "haze" is to be pursued/advanced these days...Scattered among local groups of people up and down the California (and perhaps Austrailian) Coastal Region. There are hundreds of older key growers that have indicated that they've had a very hazy/ California Sativa specimen in their micro-climatized circle for decades.

Don't think there is any One haze. These groups hold the vestiges (having always been varied) of the haze line incarnations we buy from the seed vendors today.

That's my belief. I also know to be true that Shanti has some incredible Sativa genetics that, once grown out, are better than most of the Sativa bud that I can find. Great debate, folks. Thank you.
 
Last edited:
as som may kno im new to this online scene but my lov for haze is nothin new

i wasnt around for og n all i missed many post n reports but this is first mention ive heard of this


But for the record, the user called Romberryherm from OG (aka knowsitallforsure from CannabisWorld) was neighbours with the Grimms back in the days. Ask anyone worth their salt who was an established ex OG member. He was the one who gave Neville TWO haze clippings from 5 Hazes that he had. Neville will know who I am refering to. Also, my good friend SamSkunkman can also verify this as he too was good friends with Romberryherm and was always confirming Romerry's legidimacy.

WTF?
 
That's my belief. I also know to be true that Shanti has some incredible Sativa genetics that, once grown out, are better than most of the Sativa bud that I can find. Great debate, folks. Thank you.

Yep as a guy that has been growing mostly sativas since the late 70s who was lucky to smoke things most talk about as legend strains like african black old shool thias old school hawian sativas south american and the rest i will say that statements 100% fact.



But for the record, the user called Romberryherm from OG (aka knowsitallforsure from CannabisWorld) was neighbours with the Grimms back in the day

That was sam by the way i rember him talking complet shit about neville at CW and shanti came in and posted and he shut up real fast the fact is neville collected haze older and better than sams and lets not forget sam hates neville i dont cear what any one has to says about neville fact is who did the work that most modern lines of today come from yes that would be neville.

Lots think they can grow pure haze indoors well theres a reson why neville added nl to his Nevilles haze if you guys have any understanding of pure haze you would know what im talking about and it has nothing to do with yield if you are a half desent grower.
 
Last edited:
hempy
sup brotha

much thx for clearing that up for me

i thought there was somthing i missed about the origins

1luvbigherb
 
fact is neville collected haze older and better than sams and lets not forget sam hates neville i dont cear what any one has to says about neville fact is who did the work that most modern lines of today come from yes that would be neville.

I would not claim this as a fact! As Sam S has stated Neville has been know to lie.

Neville did collect all the strains that were heavily worked by Cultivators Choice. These were Afghani#1, California Orange, Early Girl, Early Pearl, Skunk#1 and Original Haze ! Let not forget that both of the Haze brothers have never met Neville. To collect the oldest specimans of the haze you would have to have some connection to them. Sam S had this connection and Neville didn't.;)

Sam S did live in the same street in Santa Cruz and collected seeds of Original Haze which were then inbreed at Cultivators Choice:D

Facts are being claimed without any evidence to back this up!
 
I would not claim this as a fact! As Sam S has stated Neville has been know to lie.

Neville did collect all the strains that were heavily worked by Cultivators Choice. These were Afghani#1, California Orange, Early Girl, Early Pearl, Skunk#1 and Original Haze ! Let not forget that both of the Haze brothers have never met Neville. To collect the oldest specimans of the haze you would have to have some connection to them. Sam S had this connection and Neville didn't.;)

Sam S did live in the same street in Santa Cruz and collected seeds of Original Haze which were then inbreed at Cultivators Choice:D

Facts are being claimed without any evidence to back this up!

hi Vortex ,

the problem is that the story that Sam presents to us regarding Nev , the Haze Bros and his connection with the Brothers,..is only what Sam claims to be the truth , it doesn't necessarily mean that it is the truth and there is no backup evidence whatsoever that proves Sam is telling the real story.
Sam has also been known to post contradicting stuff about haze and Nev and as far as I 'm concerned Neville did some fine work with Haze and he is respected by millions of growers worldwide. So in the end of the day its down to who you chose to believe and regarding the haze lines and best representation of it..proof is in the quality of the plants and all the rest are history .
 
Sam S did live in the same street in Santa Cruz and collected seeds of Original Haze which were then inbreed at Cultivators Choice

im very much interested in all the old cc n sssc offerings haze#1-4 newsyear haze christmas haze burning bush etc
all this info seems to not be available online or atleast on boards ive searched

fact is nev crosses r some of the most famous sought after after all these years ssh nl5hz g13hz hph

well i find in interesting that mns traits of taste n aromas r soo very indentical too nyc haze hybrids n funny that legend has it the haze in rotterdam was brought from nyc n no other reports /except a handful of hbh/ftd hav recognized these traits

another interesting note

The introduction of faster flowering lines in Colombia happened a in the mid-late 70's after the haze bros ceased working with the haze
i wasnt around but this is interesting n seems to be true

as ive said b4 i think nyc has one of those earlier/earliest lines of mex/colombian but ive often thought bout the s.indian keralan which i havnt seen much info or done research on but i understand som s.indian strains to be spicy n incense like

if you smoked Original Haze back in the 70's you would not be calling it "just one line".

this we/I understand but id appreciate/lov/n hav been dying n tryin to get accurate descriptions of n from each selection of yrs n phenos/colors

1luvbigherb
 
Originally posted by Knowsitall4sure
I never grew Original Haze for sale like the two Haze Brothers that is why I do not consider myself a Haze Brother, even if they used to call me SHEMP, the Unknown Haze Brother.
(...]
I gave them Acapulco Gold,Thai, South Indian seeds, saw the plants, saw their offspring from a Acapulco GoldXColumbian cross, and saw them grown the next year, and many after."


much respect

soo this is sams

shemp 4 sure

i respect n lov the man but the first quote does make him sound like shemp really kinda an odd statement ,wit all his contributions too haze as far as ikno i consider him a brother

very interesting to me is the emphasis on this quote i take referrin to the apg X lum as this being of som importance as standout hybrid/selection

imo just how i take it as i wasnt around for the convo wish i was

but also becaz of the thai bein sams favored side n ive not seen him mention much of the traits carried over from s.american side which i believe to hav very large influence on HAZE our atleast the NYC HAZE HYBRIDS im familiar wit


1luvbigherb
 
Hi all,
Some information originally posted by four season at icmag below detailing some old information on the haze lines that is relevant information to the subject at hand.
HazearticleoldHT.jpg
 
Back
Top