Testers Needed for the Grail widow, Widow AC and 3 Regular Untested CBD enriched strains from CBD crew new work.

aww I wish I had space in my grow room to test the widow ac. I would have put my name down if my space wasn't max'd out to capacity atm.

Best of luck to all you lucky testers out there worldwide. Can't wait to see your grow logs.

MNS 2013! :)

GM1

aww I wish I had space in my grow room to test the widow ac. I would have put my name down if my space wasn't max'd out to capacity atm.

Best of luck to all you lucky testers out there worldwide. Can't wait to see your grow logs.

MNS 2013! :)

GM1

Speaking of grow logs, will there be dedicated subforums for the tester strains?

If not, where should I post my "Grail Widow" thread? In the Black Widow forum? In "strain base"? In indoor/outdoor/greenhouse? Thanks in advance, Shanti & co.

More than likely a special category will be created for each test strain. I assume the CBD lines at least will be renamed after testing assuming tests are successful.

At least this would be consistent with previous tests.

yeah thanks shanti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture.php

With all of this new seed-testing about to happen, expect the MNS boards to become very active. 50+ testers means potentially that many new threads. Many new members will join as well, for example myself I would not be here had I not read a tweet by my local dispensary's twitter page! Exciting times ahead for these boards.

Hey GM with your Hempy bucket I know you said water down the stem until it hits the Rez then water every 2 days or so. My question is my coco is still wet on top, and when I tilt my buckets a little water still comes out. Should I still be watering this often or should the coco and Rez dry out before watering again? My plants look kind of thirsty with damp coco still? Maybe they are just tired the lights are about to go off...

Ps in regards to CBD strain I read a while back that breeders in the past have stayed away from breeding with ruderalis because of it's high CBD ratio and low thc. I know ruderalis are used in auto flower strains but a friend told me he used them to breed 5 or 10 years ago so I assume not all ruderalis are autos. So are ruderalis strains being used by the CBD crew for any breeding or do anyone have any more info they might like to add about CBD or ruderalis? Thanks in advance as always :)

Last edited:
Bloody hell StRa what strain is this donkey dick thing mate?

GM1

yo ganja man!!!!!!!!!I'm glad you like it!!!!

I hope here I'm allowed to talk about "others" genetics........If not delete it!!!!!

this is a 10 weeks pheno of cheese 'n chaze (exodus cheese x sssdh) that I've tested and i'm enjoyng so much .....a strong, tasty and good producer strain from Ojd and Truecannablis of Connoisseur genetics.....

cheers

Oh right. I thought it was an mns strain myself too because you posted it in this thread. Still a nice plant though man.

Hi weezy I answered the q in your thread mate.

GM1

Ps in regards to CBD strain I read a while back that breeders in the past have stayed away from breeding with ruderalis because of it's high CBD ratio and low thc. I know ruderalis are used in auto flower strains but a friend told me he used them to breed 5 or 10 years ago so I assume not all ruderalis are autos. So are ruderalis strains being used by the CBD crew for any breeding or do anyone have any more info they might like to add about CBD or ruderalis? Thanks in advance as always :)

Hi Weezy,

I believe cbd crew uses cannatonic to cross with all thier strains to create the 1:1 ratio.

One thing to remember with coco is to let the container dry out to 50% of wet wieght then water again. Get a strong root base established then you can "push" the plants a little harder if need be. This is what i use in container growing hempy method might be a lil different.

Last edited:
Hi Weezy,

I believe cbd crew uses cannatonic to cross with all thier strains to create the 1:1 ratio.

I may be wrong, but I think it's just the z-series that used cannatonic. I don't know if it's been said what was used in enriching the cbd-crew seeds.

Hi All

well I believe the CBDcrew strains labelled 1 to 10 were our final strains that are now in offer on the cbd-crew range, nothing to do with cannatonic in actual fact.
The Z series was Cannatonic x Nordle, correct and then the selection based on testing after that....so Z6 is nothing to do with CBD 6. Different lines. As we evolved with the testing and selections we were able to enrich strains with cbd.It is not as easy as crossing a CBD plant to another and the testing is important to proceed. I have not come across 20%CBD plants but I am sure they could exist.
We are just beginning on this ride so do not expect everyone to follow everything until it is measured , verified and tested...all this takes time for each plant. So persistence and help from individual growers and medical patients will make this project successful.

All the best sb

I can't wait to test the CBD#2's! Thanks MNS:D I just got 5/5 yummys up after 2 days, +1 day pre-soak. 10/10 on the sharks in 2 days too, super vigorous. But... 7 days in and I only have 3/10 from some year old z-series.

-mp

Hi Weezy,

One thing to remember with coco is to let the container dry out to 50% of wet wieght then water again. Get a strong root base established then you can "push" the plants a little harder if need be. This is what i use in container growing hempy method might be a lil different.

That advice is spot on. I used to let my pots dry out a lot in fear of root problems but in straight coco I have found letting it get aboutt 50% dry is perfect. Roots stay white and fuzzy. Also dont let those pots get root bound. I always have my pots a little bigger than needed. Let those roots do there thing.

IMG_3278_zps55273fff.jpg

More than likely a special category will be created for each test strain. I assume the CBD lines at least will be renamed after testing assuming tests are successful.

At least this would be consistent with previous tests.

If a special category is not created then all Grail Widow and AC/DC (Widow AC) threads/reports should be started in the "Strain Base". After clicking on "5. Strain Base" scroll down below all the MNS strains and click on "new thread". If MNS creates a special category after we create the threads then they will move all the threads into their respective categories. All CBD reports/threads should be posted under "CBD-crew" in the "Strain Base".

M.

I can't wait to test the CBD#2's! Thanks MNS:D I just got 5/5 yummys up after 2 days, +1 day pre-soak. 10/10 on the sharks in 2 days too, super vigorous. But... 7 days in and I only have 3/10 from some year old z-series.

-mp

Hi MP,

I stand corrected, I had read somewhere that cannatonic was used but i guess that was incorrect info. Thanks for the info,

I would love to know how you do with the yummys. I was thinking of getting those and the skunk haze from cbd crew.

Good Luck on being one of the chosen ones !!! cant wait to see the grow reports start coming in :D

That advice is spot on. I used to let my pots dry out a lot in fear of root problems but in straight coco I have found letting it get aboutt 50% dry is perfect. Roots stay white and fuzzy. Also dont let those pots get root bound. I always have my pots a little bigger than needed. Let those roots do there thing.

Thanks 2easy, nice plants what strain are they ?

photo3.JPG

Been doing the coco thing for a while now and the results you can get when you have everything dialed in is amazing ! With proper care your roots will look bright white and healthy :)

MW

Last edited:
Hi All

wow! sometimes i think what the heck am i doing inviting extra work load with all these testers and waking up to an extra 100 pm or mails a day, but then i give it a moments thought and i smile to myself! So thanks for making me work harder than ever because in honesty i do it for our community here at MNS to give some excitement in some ways. Walking together down a road or cul de sac is always more entertaining and informative than alone usually!

Ok so it seems everyone pm me within 12 hours of writing the testers lists...keen would be a word that comes to mind! So i will do you one at a time and try to give things to those with auction wins etc... first. Then will sort the rest out, but please be patient as i also have the kids for the Easter break and my wife is away with our big son for 5 days more...so balancing all is interesting to say the least. However i am very happy to be doing this project openly with all. I feel good about what we will find but ready to hear all observations by all involved. More knowledge is better than less knowledge.

So be well and you will be getting a pm from me. Again I did not expect so many others to choose to buy into testing packs but i did announce it as i realised many were keen. Great.

All the best sb

Hey Shanti,

I think I can speak for us all here when I say take your time :) family always comes first. Other then that we are all very excited and appreciative. After all your giving away almost $5000 dollars in seeds! The only other info I think most are anxious about is the pedigree of these seeds ;)

Hi All

wow! sometimes i think what the heck am i doing inviting extra work load with all these testers and waking up to an extra 100 pm or mails a day, but then i give it a moments thought and i smile to myself! So thanks for making me work harder than ever because in honesty i do it for our community here at MNS to give some excitement in some ways. Walking together down a road or cul de sac is always more entertaining and informative than alone usually!

Ok so it seems everyone pm me within 12 hours of writing the testers lists...keen would be a word that comes to mind! So i will do you one at a time and try to give things to those with auction wins etc... first. Then will sort the rest out, but please be patient as i also have the kids for the Easter break and my wife is away with our big son for 5 days more...so balancing all is interesting to say the least. However i am very happy to be doing this project openly with all. I feel good about what we will find but ready to hear all observations by all involved. More knowledge is better than less knowledge.

So be well and you will be getting a pm from me. Again I did not expect so many others to choose to buy into testing packs but i did announce it as i realised many were keen. Great.

All the best sb

It's great to be a part of it!

I feel it's for a greater good. For instance pharmacies in my country sell a CBD strain ("Bediol") for 15 EUR / g. That's just too much for less fortunate patients. CBD Crew enables us to produce cheaper medicine. Let's all try to be thorough with our observations and grow diaries!

One request:
Naturally testers don't get much information about the new strains in order to prevent bias.

However it would be useful to know the expected stretch.
A rough pointer would be enough information to plan the grow accordingly.
Example:
"CBD strain X is expected to be short" or
"CBD strain Y grows very tall like a Haze"

Last edited:
I was just thinking the Widow AC or AC/DC will be the first release if all goes well with the testing where shanti is going to use widow as the female parent? Right I mean every other cross with widow it's his male he uses and the haze for the rock n roll series is a male I believe. If anyone with more knowledge then me could shed some light that would be awesome!

Back