Spice is nice

Thanks logic313. When I seen the title of your thread I meant to ask you if thats what nutrients you were using. That was my first grow using them and I love them. Never used a nute line that worked so good and easy. I have to say your buds seem to have came out more solid than mine. Wonder if you seen the same phenos i did. Or you probly just did a better job growing those. lol. Were both also using promix and the 313 is where it's at. Weird lol. Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on the spice. Peace and *bong* dude

Does any one think spice could make good breeding stock? not being related to the usual suspects.

Greetings Zesk, Devil,

Zesk, I think you might be onto something here. Not sure, but not being related to the "usual suspects" would possibly add some hybrid vigor? I have a straw of spice in the fridge as well, still haven't cracked it yet Devil, lol but if there's any motivation to do so, it is right here in this thread. Just don't have the space right now but hopefully that's soon to change.

What do you guys and everyone else think who have grown them out, do the phenos you found show any signs of being a good donor? Would you use the male or female?

Best Regards

sXi

Yours look great man!

The trick to tightening up the Spic buds is 3 fold:

1. Give as much veg time as possible. These girls like to veg out and get strong!

2. Snapping the stalks and stems to toughen them up to hold the big dog buds:)

3. Double does of BioBud from GH in the last 3 weeks seems to put a ton of weight on these girls....oh and molasses of course!!!!!

Spice is nice;)

P1000405.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I'd use a female since the gene pool is so diverse. Unless you have the ability to progeny test multiple males. This variety is awesome...Just started another round in the NFT with my keeper...maybe I should start a thread.

Cheers,
Sensi13

Ummm ya sensi13 start a thread.....please,

I was thinking about what Zesk said and it sparked some thought. Is there any info on what hawain indica and sativa were used?

Also, can you elaborate on the female gene pool?

Best Regards

sXi

Good questions sativaxindica. Honestly I don't know much about breeding but I do think spice could give hybrid vigor. The strain grows twice as fast as most strains I've grown. It would be sweet to hear more about what went into making spice.

Thanks for that bit of info logic313. 1 and 2 I've been doing. 3. I will try this go around. I wanted to try that last time but was afraid of burning them. I don't adjust my ph with these nutes. Should I be? Haven't seen a negative effect on the plants so far though.

Sensi Thanks for the info. Would love to see a thread on your spice.

Peace and *bong* dudes.

ALWAYS ADJUST YOUR PH:)

ALWAYS:):)

I start em out at Ph5.9 and slowly end at 6.5

I start my grow formula at an EC of 0.9 and slowly go up, however I back my EC of my bloom formula to 1.4 EC and then add the Biobud to bring it up to 2.1 maybe 2.2 if the plants are taking it well! otherwise I never really need to creep above 2.0 with just GH Bloom formula!

P1000413.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
ehh its for you!

Thanks sensi. I love seeing other peoples spice so I don't mind if you post pics in here. The breeding info is good to know to.

Update. Couldn't get a pic of the room before lights on so too a pic of each strain I'm running.

Day 21 of 12/12

Spice

Med-Man

Pot of Gold

Peace and *bong*

Good day devil lock,

Nice to see your spice up and coming. Still haven't had a crack at mine yet, planning on moving in the next few months so, trying not to start anything new, lol. Pardon me if I forget, but are these all clones or are they all from seed? Seems all pretty uniform and developing nice size coloas.

Looking forward man,

Best Regards

sXi

Last edited:
thanks sativaxindica. Yeah there all from clones that I selected from seed. Been running her since 2010. The medman is also a clone selected from seed more recently. Need to pop more of them. I like the female I kept but I know theres better ones in the seed.

Great thread ty Devi , the spice looks great and as for your medmans , yum. Sensi13's Spice keeper looks amazing as well . To quote a mate of mine " Thanks for sharin " .

Thanks a lot bucketbong. Much appreciated

Update.

day 52 of 12/12 Tall ones are spice

Med man day 52 of 12/12

P.O.G. day 52 of 12/12

Peace and *bong*

Sup devilock,

Growing real nicely man. During your selection did you come across any sativa leaning phenos, looks like you kept the indica dom but I notice the thinner leaves on yours, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Best Regards

sXi

Last edited:
High satxind. Wasn't much of a selection. Popped 5 seeds from the pack Had basiclly one other pheno that I didn't keep. Although just as good. I picked the more sativa leaning one. It's a little clearer in the high than the other pheno. Stretches a lot. The buds grow big fox tailed buds. Love it : )

Peace and *bong* dude

Back