Sam The Skunkman finally admitted to working with GMO marijuana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a other pack or have a seed catalog besides the fake one in high times, the 20th anniversary edition book even States the catalog is fake. There may of very well have been the strains in the catalog out there, but is it just Watsons bullshit, because no one seems to know anything about Sacred seeds or have any dealings with them. I would love to see some proof! Who knows, maybe I'm tripping,

Hola Sensient,

The Legendary Arizona Wizard MadJag documented his experience in detail about getting seeds from Rob in the 80s. I'll try to find exactly where he talks about it...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=317501

here it is...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5200231&postcount=59

Last edited:
Whoa, shit, slip of the tongue,
Or fingers, lol, slip of the mind actually. Been changing my writing styles and asking questions to throw people off, no one's really put it together till the other day, was pm,d out of the blue, must of been something I said that gave it away, wasn't meant to use the handle on purpose, was just thinking about my old handle because of the pm and accidentally used the handle, I'll be editing back to sentient. If you wouldn't mind could you please remove your post. Yeah the cats out of the bag and my inbox is getting flooded. I have my personal reasons why that handle was layed to rest. Thanks for the kudos, pm me so I know who you are, memories a bit on the old side nowadays but I'm sure it will all come back if you remind me who you are. Things have changed so much since the old days, miss overgrow, I've been asked to join up with the new edition but I'm not really interested in rejoining all the community's, I am around under a few handles, just haven't been posting. This Big Sur is my kind of guy with is why I've been active here, listen to this guy, he knows his stuff and was there. All he has written is fact, and I'm learning a lot from his posts! I'll be around on this forum, if anyone on here knew me from the day and wants to get in touch pm me and I'll let you know my secure email and we can chat through there. Please don't take it the wrong way but I will be asking a few questions to prove to myself that we really had contact back in the day, I'm sure people can understand why, some hairy shit whent down when OG and CW went down. Take care fellas, and keep the great info coming. I'm an old fart but I'm still learning. Anyone heard from the madman or Rod lately? Put me in touch if you have, those in the know will know whom I'm talking about, cheers good people, Sensient
Fuck man i didnt know that was you! Haha. No wonder i enjoyed reading your posts. Great to see ya around, its been a while bud.

Last edited:
Whoa, shit, slip of the tongue,
Or fingers, lol, slip of the mind actually. Been changing my writing styles and asking questions to throw people off, no one's really put it together till the other day, was pm,d out of the blue, must of been something I said that gave it away, wasn't meant to use the handle on purpose, was just thinking about my old handle because of the pm and accidentally used the handle, I'll be editing back to sentient. If you wouldn't mind could you please remove your post. Yeah the cats out of the bag and my inbox is getting flooded. I have my personal reasons why that handle was layed to rest. Thanks for the kudos, pm me so I know who you are, memories a bit on the old side nowadays but I'm sure it will all come back if you remind me who you are. Things have changed so much since the old days, miss overgrow, I've been asked to join up with the new edition but I'm not really interested in rejoining all the community's, I am around under a few handles, just haven't been posting. This Big Sur is my kind of guy with is why I've been active here, listen to this guy, he knows his stuff and was there. All he has written is fact, and I'm learning a lot from his posts! I'll be around on this forum, if anyone on here knew me from the day and wants to get in touch pm me and I'll let you know my secure email and we can chat through there. Please don't take it the wrong way but I will be asking a few questions to prove to myself that we really had contact back in the day, I'm sure people can understand why, some hairy shit whent down when OG and CW went down. Take care fellas, and keep the great info coming. I'm an old fart but I'm still learning. Anyone heard from the madman or Rod lately? Put me in touch if you have, those in the know will know whom I'm talking about, cheers good people, Sensient

G `day 20 footer

When it comes to bull shit you are a king !
Tell us about the Durban that hospitalised people . Tell us about your perennial Colombian ?
I like a good fastasy story at bed time ...

I heard you don`t smoke ganja anymore ?

Glad the curtain has been pulled .Like the Wizard from Oz .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:
“Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight
and I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
but I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days.

Glory days yeah goin back
Glory days aw he ain't never had
Glory days, glory days”
~ B. Springsteen

In Cali in the 60’s and 70’s. San Diego with it’s military bases and proximity to the border. Surfed from Escondido to Huntington. The surfer scene and ALL that hash! It was a happening time and place in SoCal.

But verifiable stories over the years? Ha!
Facts as someone suggested? Yeah right- a bunch of cocked up shit.

Aloha
M

Hey all, thanks for that, I'll get reading, give me something to do this fine new years eve.
Great info being shared.

I don't bother with idiots, not worth my time.

Thanks to everyone, good bunch here, minus one or two dicks.
Cheers, Sensient.
Hola Sensient,

The Legendary Arizona Wizard MadJag documented his experience in detail about getting seeds from Rob in the 80s. I'll try to find exactly where he talks about it...

here it is...

Well now everyone has paid out on various entities (including in some cases each other:), happy new years! Have a safe one. Be good, be smart and be careful.

Haha, awesome comment!agree %100.
Just went through that first link strange pilgrim
Amazing pics and info in there, some true history, thanks for setting me straight, I'm an old fart but it makes me realize how much I don't know. Thanks so much, if you have any more links I would love to read them. Those skunk pics are amazing. Beautiful plants! Thanks again, my deepest respect to you... SENSIENT
Only one or two.. you need to read more lmfao..

Last edited:
Happy new year to you too,
And to all, peace, SENSIENT
Well now everyone has paid out on various entities (including in some cases each other:), happy new years! Have a safe one. Be good, be smart and be careful.

Hi all, to tell you the truth I'm starting to think Sacred seeds never even existed, the only info available is from high times and Watson. All the people I've chatted with from the states and who were around at the time haven't heard a thing about it, and those heavily involved in the scene at the time have never heard of them. The seed catalog in high times has been said to have been made up and high times have said this themselves, including "R" the old high times writer, who I do know who he actually is, not just by his "R" alias. It seems sacred seeds was just another one of Watsons marketing ploys, there very well may have been a while crew who were busted who were cannabis breeders and seed collectors, but were they even called sacred seeds, I've seen the package of seeds that says sacred seeds, but did Watson just make the pack up himself? Has anyone seen a other pack or have a seed catalog besides the fake one in high times, the 20th anniversary edition book even States the catalog is fake. There may of very well have been the strains in the catalog out there, but is it just Watsons bullshit, because no one seems to know anything about Sacred seeds or have any dealings with them. I would love to see some proof! Who knows, maybe I'm tripping, but high times was just a joke magazine and most of the story's were made up rubbish. Any way, Watsons a wanker, and Chimera is the same. It's all bullshit. Big Sur knows what he's talking about and I believe what he writes is fact. We need more like him around. I was in Australia in those days so I don't know the story over there, but one thing I do know is Watson is full of it. Take care.. Sensient

I always thought that the Haze poster was some retro-design prop for Watson to sell his "Haze Bros." story line in HT. Similarly, all the photos of Watson in his hippie attire, all decked out in beads and bell bottoms and all. But the photos have the face scratched out. Does anyone have an actual clear photo of Watson, or is one posted anywhere? I have poked around in Santa Cruz archives lately to corroborate what Mario La and others have said about Watson, Sacred Seeds and others, but I come up empty. As I have said before, I have been out Browns Valley Road and Green Valley Road and through the old apple packing plants etc. (that makes up Corrolitos) a zillion times on my motorcycles and in sports cars, I have picked berries and bought apples out there, smoked a lot of weed around there with the locals (of which I was one), and I can corroborate zip about what Watson says. Or what Mario Lap says.

Romulan rip off

Also there is Mendo Joe, AKA Alaska Joe, who people believe as having bred Romulan. However, the story that I heard about that is that he just ripped off a cut of that strain. Accordingly, Romulan was a strain from South Korea that was brought back through Fort Ord by some doggies stationed there. Either a cut or seeds, more likely seeds from bag weed. Fort Ord at that time had 2 functions, one was a basic training for the Army on the west coast, and the second was that it was home of the 7th Division, supporting Korea. The 7th Division has since been moved to Ft Lewis in Washington State, and Ft Ord has long since been closed. Its the home of a state University now, and (as it always was) the home of the Laguna Seca Raceway. They also want to build what is to be called Monterey Downs on the old military training area there now, a posh Pebble Beach type gated community for rich horse owners. Like that area needs people with even more money? Phuuut. Where are the day laborers going to live? It used to be cheap to live in that area. CHEAP! My brother and I rented a place in Monterey from a woman in Big Sur for $125 a month in 1977. A buck twenty five. We partied our asses off in that place. It was party central.

Anyway, the local story goes that some of the Army guys that left the army joined or re-united with some biker gangs in the San Jose area. I ran <<very briefly>> with a gang out of Morgan Hill. That was the stupidest thing I ever did really, and I got ripped off there more than any other time. I bought a bag of dirt weed thinking it was great stuff, because they had sprinkled PCP in a joint. That weed literally had dirt in it! Anyway, those guys were said to have kept the Romulan strain tightly held in the South Bay, and Mendo Joe came along and managed to snip off a cut of it. He later went to Holland and then moved to Canada as I was told. Anyway, just another rip-off story about genetics. IMO the bikers were deserving of being ripped off for their precious strain. I have sympathy/support for any ex or current Army guys stationed in Korea though. I lost several friends in VietNam, and some after the war from belated injuries, like being exposed to asbestos in ships off the coast of VN and dying of mesothelioma. Then there were the fakes back then, that told tall tales of being in VietNam that were never there. Dunno why they did that, but I have known several pathological liars in my time. I think Watson is one of them. Mainly from my conversations with him on IcyRag.

Last edited:
The original article was deleted too. Not sure why he deleted the thread. Guess I'll just post it and delete Chimeras name.

Shouldn't be any problem I just put stars over Chimera's real name. Of course he doesn't hold any patents, the corporations he worked for does.

Just Google 'Founder Chimera Genetic Resource Management' and you will get, "eel nayr" spelled bass akwards. You can thank Jingles for the inversion idea... :cool:

Hola Sensient,

here it is...

Reads like Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing... in Arizona. Its just missing Dr Gonzo, his lawyer. Seems odd to me though. Contrived. Using helicopters to grow weed? Really? I saw more grows in Central California that you could simply walk to in 10 minutes from the car. For me the real story was the unwritten story about the shift in growing to Mendocino and Humboldt and Trinity Counties from Central Coastal California, making up what would become the Emerald Triangle. Selling seed back then was like selling freezers to Eskimos. Bag weed was everywhere, and they all had SEEDS. Free for the growing.

As I have posted before, I have argued about this from the 1970s. The real hype is the mantra that you had (and have) to grow expensive catalog seeds, or someone else's genetics to grow great weed. Phuuuut. We had imported Colombian, Cambodian, Thai, top grade Mexican, Indian, etc. delivered right on our doorstep. We had local skunk weed all over the place. We had purple weed all over the place. They all tended to have some seeds, even sinsemillia had a few seeds. We also had second generation locally grown landrace weed, grown to perfection. And they wanted $2 to $5 for a single seed? I already had >>thousands<< of frozen seeds by then. Many are considered rare or extinct by now. But of course many do not believe that I have my seed collection either. Except the people that I traded with and are currently growing them. Most of them are not on any forums, or if they are, do not talk about it.

I do not pretend to know all, nor do I really care if people believe my experiences or that I have the seeds that I have or not. I do not spin a sensational story. It is dull. We had lots of imported bag weed back in the day. It all had seeds. I saved them. I have nothing to gain from these posts, and nothing really to lose. I do not sell seeds. I have never sold seeds. Weed yes. Seeds? no. I trade and grow seeds. I dabble in breeding. Its actually legal to do that here in my state and even in California now. The whole west coast of the US is legal now. However, IMO the real genetics have came from landraces and early unknown growers/breeders in Central California and later unknown growers in the Emerald Triangle that were later grown in Colorado and Southern Oregon. Then they were bred in the Seattle and the Portland area, and then back in the Santa Cruz and LA area. Some breeders are known, like DJ Short, Jerry Kamstra and Mel Frank, but most are not. And there were a few good strains developed from Holland, like White Widow and SSH.

In the end? As commercial growing goes into high gear, none of this will really matter. Us old hippies will all die off any y'all can make up your own stories and make movies about the 1960s and 1970s from some future sellable sensationalized perspective. Fortunately there were live movies taken at Woodstock and the Monterey Pop so that you cannot stray too far from the truth. Whatever that was or is. History is always written in terms of current context, and as such will be from the view of the future and not from the era that the events actually occurred. As you age you begin to realize this. I detest the TV show, That 70's Show. The Brady Bunch is more realistic that that is. I also have worked in Tinsel Town, and I know what a load of BS that most TV and commercials and feature films are.

Anyway, enough of this shit. Its time for my evening medication.

Hey mate, yeah I tend to agree with what your saying. Heard basically the same thing. Funny how there haven't really been any pure romulan available. First I heard of rom seed was the f1 with the Widow. Not to say rom seed wasn't available before then, but commercially the f1 was the first I heard of the seed. Later the back crosses through emery and federation seeds. It's possible rom Joe was professor ziggy of federation, but I can't be sure of that, it is funny however that the story behind ziggy and the rom was he had stolen the cuts. Also breeder Steve has said that ziggy stole the sweet pink grapefruit cut off him before it was passed around, but who knows mate,? I for one believe your story's and the strains you hold %100.And I'm not just ass licking, your story's make sense %100 and actually fill in gaps that others haven't. Your knowledge of the scene and what you say seem spot on, and I look forward to your posts and reading what you have to say! Keep them coming mate, who cares what anyone says,
Myself and many others I'm sure are loving it, respect brother, SENSIENT
AZ
Also there is Mendo Joe, AKA Alaska Joe, who people believe as having bred Romulan. However, the story that I heard about that is that he just ripped off a cut of that strain. Accordingly, Romulan was a strain from South Korea that was brought back through Fort Ord by some doggies stationed there. Either a cut or seeds, more likely seeds from bag weed. Fort Ord at that time had 2 functions, one was a basic training for the Army on the west coast, and the second was that it was home of the 7th Division, supporting Korea. The 7th Division has since been moved to Ft Lewis in Washington State, and Ft Ord has long since been closed. Its the home of a state University now, and (as it always was) the home of the Laguna Seca Raceway. They also want to build what is to be called Monterey Downs on the old military training area there now, a posh Pebble Beach type gated community for rich horse owners. Like that area needs people with even more money? Phuuut. Where are the day laborers going to live? It used to be cheap to live in that area. CHEAP! My brother and I rented a place in Monterey from a woman in Big Sur for $125 a month in 1977. A buck twenty five. We partied our asses off in that place. It was party central.

Anyway, the local story goes that some of the Army guys that left the army joined or re-united with some biker gangs in the San Jose area. I ran <<very briefly>> with a gang out of Morgan Hill. That was the stupidest thing I ever did really, and I got ripped off there more than any other time. I bought a bag of dirt weed thinking it was great stuff, because they had sprinkled PCP in a joint. That weed literally had dirt in it! Anyway, those guys were said to have kept the Romulan strain tightly held in the South Bay, and Mendo Joe came along and managed to snip off a cut of it. He later went to Holland and then moved to Canada as I was told. Anyway, just another rip-off story about genetics. IMO the bikers were deserving of being ripped off for their precious strain. I have sympathy/support for any ex or current Army guys stationed in Korea though. I lost several friends in VietNam, and some after the war from belated injuries, like being exposed to asbestos in ships off the coast of VN and dying of mesothelioma. Then there were the fakes back then, that told tall tales of being in VietNam that were never there. Dunno why they did that, but I have known several pathological liars in my time. I think Watson is one of them. Mainly from my conversations with him on IcyRag.

Never seen a pic of him without the face been obscured. Seen a video of him, but it's not that old and he, s just a fat fuck, so yeah, can't really prove anything. Notice those pics of the packs and posters, t-shirts look pretty new. They have been posted on Cannabis world years, ago, but didn't look 20+years old then. The front pic of the pack says Hindu kush indica too, not Skunk#1.the what appears to be the back of the pack, is Skunk#1.
But again, who knows, it's just my speculation. SENSIENT
I always thought that the Haze poster was some retro-design prop for Watson to sell his "Haze Bros." story line in HT. Similarly, all the photos of Watson in his hippie attire, all decked out in beads and bell bottoms and all. But the photos have the face scratched out. Does anyone have an actual clear photo of Watson, or is one posted anywhere? I have poked around in Santa Cruz archives lately to corroborate what Mario La and others have said about Watson, Sacred Seeds and others, but I come up empty. As I have said before, I have been out Browns Valley Road and Green Valley Road and through the old apple packing plants etc. (that makes up Corrolitos) a zillion times on my motorcycles and in sports cars, I have picked berries and bought apples out there, smoked a lot of weed around there with the locals (of which I was one), and I can corroborate zip about what Watson says. Or what Mario Lap says.

G `day BS

So you are a wanna be biker who couldn`t make it .
But know all the inns and outs of everyone's business in Santa Cruz from 40 years ago .

And know a fantasy tale about Romulan .

Keep it coming . Its better than a Stacey Keach show .

Mr Nice forum the kooks last redoubt . What you really need is the king of the bull shitting kooks JessE to join you all . After all he already rewrote the history of cannabis to suit his ends ...

Thanks for sharin

EB

Last edited:
Just Google 'Founder Chimera Genetic Resource Management' and you will get, "eel nayr" spelled bass akwards. You can thank Jingles for the inversion idea... :cool:

I've said this to his face on another forum where he was taking the piss out of a PhD Pharmacist who has forgotten more than Chimera will ever know. The dude is a fat little spoilt rich kid whose Daddie is a dentist in a backwards arsed hick town. He's basically built a lot of his rep ripping off real talent like Steve the Breeder and the Cannabis Cowboy (who is a damned good man who speaks ill of no one except Chimera). No one with cred really respects Chimera. I guess one great outcome of legalisation will be that clowns like Chimera get relegated to the halls of history. Fuck him.... Moving on.

Oh and

chimera
kʌɪˈmɪərə,kɪˈmɪərə/Submit
noun
(in Greek mythology) a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.

At least the bitch knows she is a bitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back