Projects brought to you by Mr. Brown

Today I found some signs of spider mites on the leaves of my cuttings :mad: I thought about burning down the house :LOL: but I gave the ladies a nice pyrethrum shower first.

Fight the bugs
MB
Look into lavender extracts for them, water based, not the e.o. The research is out there. I just stuff a 2 gal bucket with as much as I can fit and then add some water to wet them, then boil the rest. Let it cool just a bit. Dump it in. Then close the lid quickly. It needs at least overnight, but a week is better, and letting it sit a long time, better still. I combine it with 3-4 heads of garlic per gallon and then neem and spinosid as directed on the bottle. The lavender seems to kill the eggs too as per research (peer reviewed)

5 from 8 cuttings developed nice new roots and I put them in bigger pots with a coco/perlite mix and gave them a light nutrient solution with trichoderma and a root booster.
full

In addition I started 2 autoflower seeds for a friend for his first greenhouse grow.
full

On the left is Mallorca Tangi and on the right is Blueberry Kush XXL.

Spread the love
MB

8 from 8 developed healthy roots and were put in bigger pots (y)
I didn't find more signs of spider mites on the new leaves.
full

My balcony season will start next week after their final pyrethrum shower.

The 2 autoflower girls look good and will be moved to the greenhouse next weekend (y)
full

Keep rooting
MB

A sad update from the project tent :(

The Autopot Easy2Go system only works with bigger pots. It seems that my bonsai moms in their 1 liter pots were drowned and didn't make it.

Fortunately the 'Black Zu' cutting survived and I took 2 fresh cuttings from 'Shittie Smalls'.
full

'Somtimes you lose and sometimes the others win ;)' - Grandpa Brown

Keep going
MB

A sad update from the project tent :(

The Autopot Easy2Go system only works with bigger pots. It seems that my bonsai moms in their 1 liter pots were drowned and didn't make it.

Fortunately the 'Black Zu' cutting survived and I took 2 fresh cuttings from 'Shittie Smalls'.
full

'Somtimes you lose and sometimes the others win ;)' - Grandpa Brown

Keep going
MB
IMG_4042.jpeg
Thankfully more cuttings.
My cloning skills suck, resulting in many cuttings but favorable lollipopping plants.
☯️

View attachment 91535
Thankfully more cuttings.
My cloning skills suck, resulting in many cuttings but favorable lollipopping plants.
☯️

Having a problem with cloning myself, atm. Taken dozens of cuts this summer but nothing has rooted. Thought it was my cloning gel that was the problem, so I purchased a fresh one with 2 different hormones, but still no roots.

Temp and humidity levels seem good, so not sure what the problem is. Normally I use a heat matt but it's packed away in a box somewhere, buried among dozens of other boxes. Oh well, no way in hell I'm buying a second, as I certainly don't need 2 of them.

Cheers! - FF

Another quick update from the project tent.

'Black Zu' develops into a beautiful bonsai mom and helps me get over the loss of my other moms :)
full

The cuttings look a little yellow. We'll see if they make it.

MB

What a nice surprise :) Two days ago I wasn't sure if the cuttings of Shit #6B aka 'Shittie Smalls' will survive and today I found some healthy looking roots :love:
full

I repotted her to a 1 liter fabric pot with some clay pepples on the bottom and a 70/30 coco/perlite mix.
full

She definitely is a survivor (y)
full

Look how tiny she was ;)

Never give up
MB

What a nice surprise :) Two days ago I wasn't sure if the cuttings of Shit #6B aka 'Shittie Smalls' will survive and today I found some healthy looking roots :love:
full

I repotted her to a 1 liter fabric pot with some clay pepples on the bottom and a 70/30 coco/perlite mix.
full

She definitely is a survivor (y)
full

Look how tiny she was ;)

Never give up
MB
Another quick update from the project tent.

The cuttings of 'Black Zu' and 'Shittie Smalls' develop into beautiful bonsai moms :love:
full

Save your moms
MB

Another quick udate from the project tent.

I'm more than happy that I saved a cutting from 'Shittie Smalls' :) She is the best smelling plant I grew so far :love:
full

I definitely have to grow her again in living soil to explore her full potential.

I love the smell of :poop: in the morning
MB

Back