Projects brought to you by Mr. Brown

That my fine fellow, is textbook spider mite damage! I can even see one of the two spotted fuckers in your pic!
Does anybody know what this could be?

Start spraying like crazy! Of one pr two of them survive or their eggs, they WILL come back.

If you have plants in flower, then I suggest Dr. Zymes Elliminator. It can be sprayed all the way to harvest. Though, I wonder what inhaling vitamin C could do. I haven't found literature yet about cumbusting vitamin C, which is the main active ingredient in Dr. Zymes.

Last edited:

maxresdefault.jpg

At first I remembered @longball recommendation to burn down the house and collect the insurance money :ROFLMAO:
But I thought why not give it a try and get rid of those suckers ;)
full

I cleaned every surface in the project tent with isopropyl and bleach.
I cut of every infected leave I found and put the plants under the shower to wash of as many mites as possible. After that I sprayed them with a light acid solution and as soon as they dried I rub every single leave on those plants with isopropyl.
If that don't work I have to burn down the house.

Thanks guys for your help and support (y)

Not in my house
MB

Last edited:
At first I remembered @longball recommendation to burn down the house and collect the insurance money :ROFLMAO:
But I thought why not give it a try and get rid of those suckers ;)
full

I cleaned every surface in the project tent with isopropyl and bleach.
I cut of every infected leave I found and put the plants under the shower to wash of as many mites as possible. After that I sprayed them with a light acid solution and as soon as they dried I rub every single leave on those plants with isopropyl.
If that don't work I have to burn down the house.

Thanks guys for your help and support (y)

Not in my house
MB
That should have got rid of them.

The cleanest garden gets the worst pest...ironically...i'd also intruduce some good ol' Maikäfer if possible. Should be still plenty around right now, i see some every day outside. Zero cost zero. 3-4 pieces caught in a glass an released in your tent with thos plants should help solving this issue. They are professionals in this field and will spot all those hidden ones...

Last edited:
Hi Mr. Brown! :)

Hopefully you are rid of those suckers now. I have found isopropyl to be effective. I used it every day for a least four days to be safe. I've also found Dawn dish soap and water to be effective. Keeps things nice and clean. I try to stay away from harsh chemicals if possible. What was the light acid solution you used? I also wonder how you got them in the first place? Any ideas? I guess the phuckers are most or less everywhere and just wait for an opportunity. Sometimes it seems like they go for plants that have been under-watered, but that is just a theory of mine, no proof of this.

Longball

I have found isopropyl to be effective
My first run, I dealt with Spider Mites 😔. The hydro shop guy tried to get me to buy chemicals. I chose isopropyl and some paper towels... it did not work as well for me. Lol. I wasnt getting the coverage I needed.

Sometimes it seems like they go for plants that have been under-watered, but that is just a theory of mine, no proof of this.
Underwatered plants or stressed plants are ALWAYS the first place i find them.

I'm glad you haven't found any more.

Keep the great show coming!☺️

Diesel840

Hi Mr. Brown! :)

Hopefully you are rid of those suckers now. I have found isopropyl to be effective. I used it every day for a least four days to be safe. I've also found Dawn dish soap and water to be effective. Keeps things nice and clean. I try to stay away from harsh chemicals if possible. What was the light acid solution you used? I also wonder how you got them in the first place? Any ideas? I guess the phuckers are most or less everywhere and just wait for an opportunity. Sometimes it seems like they go for plants that have been under-watered, but that is just a theory of mine, no proof of this.

Longball

Thank you @longball (y)

I will repeat this procedure as long as it takes to get rid of them.

For the acid solution I use the Terra Aquatica pH- powder that I use to regulate the pH in the nutrient solution. You can also use it at high concentration to clean and desinfect your system and at low concentration as a foliar spray to clean the leaves.

I think I got the spider mites from my balcony. I have some peppermint plants that seem infected as well. I already killed them and got rid of the soil.

Keep it sucker free
MB

Back