Nth cultivation test 💪

Well, tonight I'm going to make an invention. I'm going to raise the air conditioning and put a bigger tank so it can last for about 8 hours... I'll upload the photo 🤭 although I think the damage has already been done I don't know... 🤔

Good evening guys, we continue with the monitoring 🤭 I had problems with temperatures until 2 weeks ago. I admit my fault. I should have solved the air conditioning a month before 🤦 The air was turned off and it reached about 36-38 degrees inside and it was like that for hours and the minimum was about 24-26 although it had Co2 but it has disappeared. Now it's been 2 weeks with best temperatures about 28 max and 22 minimum. The leaves are a little yellow, with some spots and burned from the heat I understand. Is it because of the temperatures? the leaves yellow and spots I say. Or because of the previous poor diet? Last week I fertilized them with 1.5ec, the previous week with 1.2 and the previous ones with less. I am watering them with 2 liters of water in four shifts so that they drain a little, perhaps 10-20% every 3 days. Does anyone think that something decent can come of this? 😶 They still have about 4-5 weeks left I estimate.

Good evening guys, we continue with the monitoring 🤭 I had problems with temperatures until 2 weeks ago. I admit my fault. I should have solved the air conditioning a month before 🤦 The air was turned off and it reached about 36-38 degrees inside and it was like that for hours and the minimum was about 24-26 although it had Co2 but it has disappeared. Now it's been 2 weeks with best temperatures about 28 max and 22 minimum. The leaves are a little yellow, with some spots and burned from the heat I understand. Is it because of the temperatures? the leaves yellow and spots I say. Or because of the previous poor diet? Last week I fertilized them with 1.5ec, the previous week with 1.2 and the previous ones with less. I am watering them with 2 liters of water in four shifts so that they drain a little, perhaps 10-20% every 3 days. Does anyone think that something decent can come of this? 😶 They still have about 4-5 weeks left I estimate.
Heck yeah Salva you're still going to have some beautiful buds to smoke. No grow ever goes completely perfect. It looks like you're gonna have some big long top colas too when they finish. I'm still saying good job Salva!

Hey salva. Looking good man! I just want to comment about your watering, as it definitely can take a while to get it down. Everyone has given great advice, but I would recommend trying to get a feel for the plants without giving a specific amount of water to them. I grow in one large pot, it's 170lt. But the watering needs change throughout flower. A few weeks ago I was getting away with one 5lt watering can every 4 days or so. Now they're mid flower they nearly need that every day or two.

I find those meters good, but I do not trust the ph tester on it, I've had two and both seemed to always be 7-8 regardless of what I was testing. Bought some litmus paper to check, it was definitely different. Like quin said, generally with soil the ph will sort itself out.

I do like the moisture meter on it though. I tend to water at around 2/10.

As for the brown spots, keep an eye on them, but the best advice anyone ever gave me was "chill out man, those plants look great. You've got too much spare time if you're worrying about small spots".

You're doing a great job, and you'll have some gorgeous smoke soon no doubt!

Actually, I did want to ask you about your air-conditioner, what one do you have that has a tank? I'd love an air conditioning unit that's a stand alone, but all of them that I've seen have a vent so aren't really viable.

Hola Salva. ¡Se ve bien, amigo! Solo quiero comentar sobre tu riego, ya que definitivamente puede llevar un tiempo lograrlo. Todos han dado buenos consejos, pero yo recomendaría intentar familiarizarse con las plantas sin darles una cantidad específica de agua. Yo cultivo en una maceta grande, es de 170 litros. Pero las necesidades de riego cambian durante la floración. Hace unas semanas me las arreglaba con una regadera de 5 litros cada 4 días aproximadamente. Ahora que están en la mitad de la floración, casi necesitan eso cada día o dos.

Me parecen buenos esos medidores, pero no confío en el comprobador de pH que tienen. Tuve dos y ambos parecían estar siempre en 7 u 8, independientemente de lo que estuviera comprobando. Compré un poco de papel tornasol para comprobarlo; definitivamente era diferente. Como dijo Quin, generalmente con la tierra el pH se soluciona solo.

Sin embargo, me gusta el medidor de humedad que tiene. Suelo regar con una proporción de alrededor de 2/10.

En cuanto a las manchas marrones, no las pierdas de vista, pero el mejor consejo que me han dado fue "tranquilo, esas plantas lucen geniales. Tienes demasiado tiempo libre si te preocupas por las pequeñas manchas".

¡Estás haciendo un gran trabajo y sin duda pronto tendrás un humo maravilloso!
Regarding irrigation, I have been watering them from less to more. This summer (August) since the temperatures were high, I added a good amount and let it drain a little, after 3 days it was dry. In any case, I have only been putting in the 2 liters for a month. In July I added 1 liter or less.

I do not use that meter to check the Ph. I use it alone, well I have only used it once or twice in this crop, to measure soil moisture. To measure pH and Ec I have other meters.

Regarding the stains that are seen, I would bet that it has been due to high temperatures, either heat stress or deficiencies for the same reason. Because overfertilization is impossible. Now the temperatures have dropped and it's already reading 24 maximum and 20 minimum and it will stay that way for the remainder of the flowering period.

Actually, I did want to ask you about your air-conditioner, what one do you have that has a tank? I'd love an air conditioning unit that's a stand alone, but all of them that I've seen have a vent so aren't really viable.
The air conditioner I have is this one. This one and a more powerful one. I have removed the tank because it would immediately fill it and it would turn off, hence the problem with the temperatures.

Regarding irrigation, I have been watering them from less to more. This summer (August) since the temperatures were high, I added a good amount and let it drain a little, after 3 days it was dry. In any case, I have only been putting in the 2 liters for a month. In July I added 1 liter or less.

I do not use that meter to check the Ph. I use it alone, well I have only used it once or twice in this crop, to measure soil moisture. To measure pH and Ec I have other meters.

Regarding the stains that are seen, I would bet that it has been due to high temperatures, either heat stress or deficiencies for the same reason. Because overfertilization is impossible. Now the temperatures have dropped and it's already reading 24 maximum and 20 minimum and it will stay that way for the remainder of the flowering period.
Sounds like you have it under control man, well done.

Ok I am super interested in this air conditioner! Where does the warm air it expels go? Looks like into a tent?

Does anyone think that with larger pots of 25 liters instead of 7 or 11 they would develop better? I am discovering that the longer they need to flower, the larger the pot has to be. I remember that @musashi said that with large pots the plants have better expression.

Back