NEW RULES- Open photo assignment- Share your favorite random pics

Gran Turismo Omologato

GT 1.jpg

Put a Tiger in your tank!

GT 2.jpg

The car that started the 1960's American Muscle Car Movement - Pontiac Tempest GTO.
Tempest 2.jpg

All pictures taken at the Adirondack Nationals Car Show held in Lake George, NY. This year will be the 33rd annual show. I have been to almost all of them and yes, I have a lot of car pictures!:)

Longball

Camouflage Tree Bark

" Camouflage is the use of any combination of materials, coloration, or illumination for concealment, either by making animals or objects hard to see, or by disguising them as something else."

I think the camouflage bark works most excellently on this tree because not a single person has ever mentioned it after viewing this picture! See if you can spot it.

Sue 03.jpg

Longball

20220506_173251.jpg20220506_173238.jpg20220506_173259.jpg

Some views from our place.. 1st pic = view @ Tsfat (Safed), 2nd and 3rd pic = view @ Sea of Galilee and Tiberias. Tsfat and Tiberias are 2 of our 4 holy cities, both have their own special vibe. There's still a bit of green to see, in +/- 2 weeks all will be yellow and it will stay that way for the next 6 months.

Almost got lucky

with this picture. Walking down the street during annual Adirondack Nationals Car show in Lake George, NY saw this on a car seat. Unfortunately slightly overexposed. Color Picture.
Glass Skull.JPG

Picture taken at south end of Lake George, from Fort William Henry looking towards Pilot Knob. Lake George is 32 miles(51km) long. Will need a better lens and sunny day to capture it all!
LG NY.JPG

Fort William Henry was a British fort at the southern end of Lake George, in the province of New York. It was part of a chain of British and French forts along the important inland waterway from New York City to Montreal. In 1757, the French general Louis-Joseph de Montcalm conducted a successful siege that forced the British to surrender. The Huron warriors who accompanied the French army subsequently killed many of the British prisoners. The siege and massacre were famously portrayed in James Fenimore Cooper's novel The Last of the Mohicans. Here are some re-enactors of the period. It appears that women in the 1750's dressed much the same way as they do today. The men, not so much!
Re En.jpg

Longball

I've been wanting to learn how to Youtube for years, in order to show how tree transplanting can be done. The tree I am showing is a White Spruce, my favorite all round tree, because it has a beautiful form, grows in wet as well as dry conditions, grows quickly and can make a great hedge. Other trees I transplant here in the Northeast are White Cedars (makes the best hedge, but takes at least twice the time to grow as White Spruce) Red Pine, White Pine, Red Maple, Sugar Maple and Birch. I don't know anything about transplanting trees from Southern North America, but it's likely one can do the same down there. The key is keeping a firm rootball, a lot of which depends on the type of soil involved. Some trees can take a big hit on the roots, others not. Also, springtime is key as well, before the buds start to open

PXL_20220515_123052128 (Copy).jpg PXL_20220515_123211258 (Copy).jpg

PXL_20220515_123308619 (Copy).jpg PXL_20220515_130344610 (Copy).jpg

I'm able to fit around 20 in this vehicle and it took me about an hour. Those trees are roughly 2.5 to 3 feet tall, pretty expensive in stores. My success rate is roughly 90%. When need be, I have transplanted 6 foot Spruce, a pain in the ass because of the rootball size, but pretty cool to have an instant large tree. Trees are cool, I love them more than weed :cool:🤟

I've been wanting to learn how to Youtube for years, in order to show how tree transplanting can be done. The tree I am showing is a White Spruce, my favorite all round tree, because it has a beautiful form, grows in wet as well as dry conditions, grows quickly and can make a great hedge. Other trees I transplant here in the Northeast are White Cedars (makes the best hedge, but takes at least twice the time to grow as White Spruce) Red Pine, White Pine, Red Maple, Sugar Maple and Birch. I don't know anything about transplanting trees from Southern North America, but it's likely one can do the same down there. The key is keeping a firm rootball, a lot of which depends on the type of soil involved. Some trees can take a big hit on the roots, others not. Also, springtime is key as well, before the buds start to open

View attachment 60344 View attachment 60345

View attachment 60346 View attachment 60347

I'm able to fit around 20 in this vehicle and it took me about an hour. Those trees are roughly 2.5 to 3 feet tall, pretty expensive in stores. My success rate is roughly 90%. When need be, I have transplanted 6 foot Spruce, a pain in the ass because of the rootball size, but pretty cool to have an instant large tree. Trees are cool, I love them more than weed :cool:🤟
The youtube thing is not too difficult . Just shoot your video and post it . And as long as you have a google/Gmail you have a YouTube channel . Uploading is a breeze too.

The youtube thing is not too difficult . Just shoot your video and post it . And as long as you have a google/Gmail you have a YouTube channel . Uploading is a breeze too.
I can be pretty lazy sometimes, and bad at putting things off. That ^^^ sounds very hopeful. My window is springtime, next year is the year :)

6996b78154953c0eac106441493956afa37e2028.jpg
From Sotheby's:
In the most remarkable car auction ever conducted, RM Sotheby’s in association with Mercedes-Benz, has sold one of the two famed 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupés to a private collector for €135,000,000 and will donate the proceeds will be used to establish a worldwide “Mercedes-Benz Fund” that will provide long-term educational and research scholarships in the areas of environmental science and decarbonisation for young people. The selling price makes it the most valuable car in the world and within the top 10 most valuable items ever sold at auction.

I was given some medicinal poppies several years ago. I planted them last year with no success so I thought. I got one anemic plant last year and figured all was lost. This morning in the discarded pot I found half a dozen plants. I hope to get some seed.
poppy3.jpgpoppy2.jpg

mu

Beaver Stick

For centuries, it has been a custom of the Original Americans in my area(Mohawk Valley, I'm part Mohawk) to hang a Beaver Stick over the door of their Lodge.
Webp.net-compress-image(5).jpg

Here you can see the Beaver's teeth marks he left as he chewed the bark off the branch. Beaver's don't actually eat wood but eat the bark off of small branches. The smaller the better. The symbolism of hanging a Beaver Stick over your door can be roughly translated as "Beaver always welcome in my Lodge". Especially, Wynona's Big Brown Beaver!
Webp.net-compress-image(3).jpg

Longball

Big Mama Moose and Mooselet - what are baby moose called? Picture taken at base of Mt. Washington, New Hampshire.
Moose 1.jpg

Things were going just fine and dandy until Big Mama starting heading straight towards me with the hair on her back standing up and and a evil look in her eye! What did I do wrong? Well, as Snagglepuss was fond of saying, "Exit, stage right"!
Moose 2.jpg

I guess maybe she thought that I was a little too close to the other little mooselet, who seemed to be enjoying the attention. We had been getting along just fine until that point!
Moose 3.jpg

Longball

Back