• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

My Kind stash of on-"Nice"

How's it going fellow forum family? I stepped on a nug of the Witches Wedding Cake #1 that must have fallen from the jar yesterday while burping. I figured, perfect time for a test! It's only spent about a week in the jar, but it's pretty good so far. It has a tart skunkiness to its aroma with a sweetness mingled in. This smell intensifies when broken up and becomes a bit more complex with hints of spices. On the inhale she has an uncooked cake batter flavor, with the astringent skunkiness settling into the back of the pallet a few moments after exhale. Thankfully, the flavor isn't as heavy "uncooked flour" as the few snaps I tried while trimming. She is easy on the lungs. Her high was nice with a single hit or so. She gave a bit of paranoia/anxiety past a few hits; this isn't uncommon for me though when I first try a strain. Sometimes I have to get used to a strain to appreciate it. I shall see.

I haven't weighed her up yet. There is still a bit more moisture I'd like to burp out of the jars before I get her numbers. The seed plant is re-vegging nicely. After I'm good to take clones from her, I'll decide how I like her smoke and decide if she's a keeper.

full

full

Diesel840

The SFV OG Kush got the 🪓 last night after 96 hours of light deprivation. ;) She filled the room with Lemon Pledge goodness! She doesn't have any fuel or diesel smell with her like the Tahoe, nothing dark, just bright, citrusy, happy smells; if that makes sense. :geek: @Skuncle Lenny @Worn Down Soul It looks like it doesn't matter anymore that the rest of my pack didn't germ. With all of the seeds on this lady I'll have plenty to work with, and I'm sure most are S'1 and not crosses with another plant in the tent; though, I'm sure some of her seeds are :LOL:. I must have spent at least half an hour, if not closer to an hour deseeding her lowers I'd left for re-veg. 😅 Could have gone a lot faster had I not been so careful to not disturb the flowers, for most of the first part. The last 1/3 of the time I realized, Hand Rubbed Charas! Sorta, ha ha. Wow, this finger hash tasted EXACTLY like the plant smelled, soooo good. 🤤 I busted out a fresh pheno of Medicine Man cured 6-7 months to lay the flattened finger hash on. Mmmm.... Shanti has said he'd mix two different flowers together to get an amalgamation of what the cross would be... Medicine Man and SFV hits. ;) The herbacious almost bubblegumy at times, flavor of the Medicine Man with the citrus pledge of the SFV. If one could add a bit of tobacco, it would be a great cologne too! 😂

The remaining three girls have all been secluded into the dry tent for their long weekend of darkness. The WWC and BullShit Bag seed are both faded enough that I'm happy to chop. I wouldn't want them to get beyond the ability to re-veg. The Tahoe has been fading very slowly for weeks now, so she could probably go a few more and not be as yellowed as the SFV was. She just keeps bulking up and turning more and more purple. Her leaves aren't as purple as the BullShit, but the BS has much less purple on her flowers than the Tahoe. All of the Tahoe's main flowers are deep purple, almost black. Her lowers are the only buds to retain the green chlorophyl color. She's getting prepped for 🪓 more so because her smell, which was never the strongest, has been noticeably diminishing. I don't want to miss her peak period to 🪓 and have bland flavorless flowers, no matter how pretty. Besides, her nugs are rock hard and we've been getting crazy humidity/temp swings. I don't want to tempt the PM :devilish:. I've never dealt with them on my gals. I hope never to. Most of BullShits pistils have turned a bright pumpkin orange and she's smelling like she's reached her peak. Honestly, I've been having a bit of anxiety every night when I take her out of the tent or just open to peak. I've walked into the room the next morning thinking I left a jar of weed open, because of how strong the smell is. I'll look around for more than a few moments before I realize, it's the lingering stench of the BullShit Bag Seed. 🤤

@Swifty here are some photos before 🪓. I was having a bit of a time with lighting. I need to get something to diffuse what I'm working with.
I hope everyone enjoys the photos. It's taken me about two hours to get this posted. The Wake-N-Bake session of WWC#1 has made things very difficult. 😅 In a good way, too. The music sounds so amazing right now, especially with the birds chirping in.

full

full

full

full

full

full

edit: make that 2 1/2 hours. 😅

Diesel840

What a way to start the day!

Or to ensure that it never does....

She filled the room with Lemon Pledge goodness! She doesn't have any fuel or diesel smell with her like the Tahoe, nothing dark, just bright, citrusy, happy smells; if that makes sense

Fantastic smoke report. I knew that your day was going nowhere when you mentioned the Medicine Man as the admix. I had a friend report getting lost for 2 hrs in the grocery store with some. Not exactly for heavy lifting.

With the Tahoe it could have been a question of dialed in ness. They tend to sort of keep going if it isn't perfect. Like you would have gotten a cleaner ripening and finish maybe. I'd imagine the flavor has shifted more towards the mossy, earthy end, that doesn't always show outwardly as much, as healthy as you describe the plant being otherwise.

Thanks for posting.

. I was having a bit of a time with lighting. I need to get something to diffuse what I'm working with.

There are a million-and-one ways for DIY light diffusion.

DIY photography light diffusion

Some of it depends on what type of light you are trying to diffuse and how hot it is. Your flash, photographer light, tungsten, LED, MH, etc.

In a pinch, we use white bedsheets the most. Wax paper, parchment paper - it all depends on the light source, the heat the light puts out, and the direction the light is coming. Click on link and find your application. Also, a main light and a fill light is VERY helpful. Of course, it is always best to buy real photography equipment but I can't afford it this check. But I have bedsheets! ;)

Longball

@longball thanks for the tips.

I checked on the SFV drying. I sniffed the few buds I have drying in a paper bag and they smelled just like lemon drop candies. The big branches I chopped still smell more of lemon Pledge. I wonder if the scent will shift to lemon drops as it dries?

Edit: wait until you see the structure difference between the SFV and Tahoe. The SFV has literaly bent over sideways from the weight of her flowers. The Tahoe, though her flowers are much bigger and far denser than the SFV, she still holds herself upright and proud.

Last edited:
Back