• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

My Kind stash of on-"Nice"

Looks like I forgot to turn the light back on last week after watering the girls. As such, they got to enjoy a 48 hour nap. 😅 If anything this should encourage them to ripen a bit faster, which is good since I need them green enough at harvest to reveg.

All of the girls are plumping up nicely. The WWC#3 is just barely starting to show amber trichs. The Tahoe smells great and has put on some weight but looks like she may be a bit stressed from me moving her closer to the light. She's also not looking as purple as before, likely due to higher summer temps. The SFV is taking her time finishing. The bag seed is filling in nicely. She'll be the last one to harvest as she keeps packing on fresh pistils. The bud I salvaged the seed from was rather large and dense, so she has some more bulking up to do before I even worry about her trichs ripening.

The BP have all been trimmed and jarred. One or two phenos could have likely dried a bit more. Nothing a little extra jar burping can't resolve. Two of the five jars are smelling very nice. One smells like a cross between Fabuloso and lemon pinesol.

I tried a sample of the WWC#1 drying, broken up she smells like uncooked cake batter. Smoking her is a similar taste, though more akin to uncooked flower with a hint of vanilla. Not my favorite. 😆 decend effect though

Last edited:
Hi all. I hope everyone is doing well. These girls are throwing me for a loop. I don't know if it is their genetics or the new light I have them under. They put on an impressive initial weight gain with pistils maturing quickly but are taking their time maturing otherwise. They all continue to slowly bulk up and seem reluctant to hit the ambering stage. The WWC#3 is the only one out of the remaining four who is showing any amber, and it isn't much.

At the moment two are really standing out to me, both of which are showing beautiful colors on their fan leaves. Out of the two, the Tahoe OG Kush is looking like she will finish first. Still a way to go, she is stacking earthy smelling pyramid shaped nugs. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that her buds are really beginning to purple. The fan leaves are showing gorgeous shades of reds and purple/blacks. The second is the bag seed which is also showing beautiful colors on her fan leaves. This girl is really taking her sweet ass time. :LOL: Not only are her pistils maintaining their white youthful glow for much longer than the OG, but she also keeps producing them. When they do mature, the pistils are a gorgeously vibrant pumpkin orange. These are going to be some big dense nugs! Her smell is also the most astringent of the remaining four plants. She screams earthy, skunky, pungent goodness! :giggle::love: It's going to be hard leaving enough of her after chop for a proper re-veg. She has basically no larfe at all. I can only find a few bud sites I'm not upset about losing. :ROFLMAO: I'll just have to take one for the team so I can keep regrowing her.

The WWC#1 is drying up. I accidentally left the dry tent cracked open overnight, so she will likely be ready soon. The OG/GDP should be ready to trim in a day or two. Perhaps it's the GDP I used or more likely being too close to the light, but the few test buds I trimmed seemed very foxtailed and airy. It didn't have the solid nug structure the OG did. It's bud structure seemed much closer to the Strawberry Coughs I grew. At least she was white with frost. The trichs practically hugged the flowers with virtually no stalks. Her smell has a nice earthy pine to it.

Speaking of Strawberry Cough, they are hanging out under the canopy of my four larger plants in the 4x2. Since moving them into the tent they have put on a good amount of flower mass, all foxtails. They are basically hanging out below the larfe zone of the other four plants and are still humming along. When I previously grew them out, they were all far too leafy with poor bud development but good density and frost. Though they smelled of strawberries in veg and during flower, I've yet to taste it in the cured flowers. As such, I've decided to cure them until I can afford a Dry Sift set. Once I can, I'm going to dry sift all five plants. They will get a very basic trim before jarring as I'm not wanting to bother processing them much before the dry sift.

I hope every ones day was full of fat sacks!
Diesel840

Tahoe OG Kush.
full

full

Last edited:
Hi all. I hope everyone is doing well. These girls are throwing me for a loop. I don't know if it is their genetics or the new light I have them under. They put on an impressive initial weight gain with pistils maturing quickly but are taking their time maturing otherwise. They all continue to slowly bulk up and seem reluctant to hit the ambering stage. The WWC#3 is the only one out of the remaining four who is showing any amber, and it isn't much.

At the moment two are really standing out to me, both of which are showing beautiful colors on their fan leaves. Out of the two, the Tahoe OG Kush is looking like she will finish first. Still a way to go, she is stacking earthy smelling pyramid shaped nugs. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that her buds are really beginning to purple. The fan leaves are showing gorgeous shades of reds and purple/blacks. The second is the bag seed which is also showing beautiful colors on her fan leaves. This girl is really taking her sweet ass time. :LOL: Not only are her pistils maintaining their white youthful glow for much longer than the OG, but she also keeps producing them. When they do mature, the pistils are a gorgeously vibrant pumpkin orange. These are going to be some big dense nugs! Her smell is also the most astringent of the remaining four plants. She screams earthy, skunky, pungent goodness! :giggle::love: It's going to be hard leaving enough of her after chop for a proper re-veg. She has basically no larfe at all. I can only find a few bud sites I'm not upset about losing. :ROFLMAO: I'll just have to take one for the team so I can keep regrowing her.

The WWC#1 is drying up. I accidentally left the dry tent cracked open overnight, so she will likely be ready soon. The OG/GDP should be ready to trim in a day or two. Perhaps it's the GDP I used or more likely being too close to the light, but the few test buds I trimmed seemed very foxtailed and airy. It didn't have the solid nug structure the OG did. It's bud structure seemed much closer to the Strawberry Coughs I grew. At least she was white with frost. The trichs practically hugged the flowers with virtually no stalks. Her smell has a nice earthy pine to it.

Speaking of Strawberry Cough, they are hanging out under the canopy of my four larger plants in the 4x2. Since moving them into the tent they have put on a good amount of flower mass, all foxtails. They are basically hanging out below the larfe zone of the other four plants and are still humming along. When I previously grew them out, they were all far too leafy with poor bud development but good density and frost. Though they smelled of strawberries in veg and during flower, I've yet to taste it in the cured flowers. As such, I've decided to cure them until I can afford a Dry Sift set. Once I can, I'm going to dry sift all five plants. They will get a very basic trim before jarring as I'm not wanting to bother processing them much before the dry sift.

Diesel840

Tahoe OG Kush.
full

full
Are you deciding based on pistil color, or trichome color?
Sounds like your running Cali Connection seeds, if so interested in your feedback on them.
Colors look great.
More pics?
☮️

Are you deciding based on pistil color, or trichome color?
I use pistil color as an indicator for when to check on the trichome color. Once most of the pistils have receded and colored up, then I bust out the jewelers loop to check trichs.

Sounds like your running Cali Connection seeds, if so interested in your feedback on them.
Yep, these are from Cali Connection. Germination was a big issue with them. I soaked and planted three packs, the Tahoe, SFV, and Chem. Only one Tahoe and one SFV came up. In the same tent nearly all of my BP, OG/GDP, and Witches Wedding Cake came up no problem. Also, I never got the Larry OG I originally ordered. That's a Seedsman issue, I suppose.
I'm happy with their growth. They smell great and the Tahoe is certainly an eye catcher, color wise. There have been a few Nanners earlier on and once when I bumped up the LED past 80%. I'm satisfied with the frost department so far, but honestly the freebies and most of what I grew from Mr. Nice was frostier.
Colors look great.
More pics?

Thanks Skuncle, I really appreciate the kind words. Of course, I'm on a staycation so I'll make sure to post more pics. I still need to post updated photos of the SFV, WWC, and the bagseed.

Stay lit, my friend.

Diesel840

The bag seed which I think might have been GDP is really stinking right now. She is dominating the tent with a skunky funky earthy goodness. The rounded tops all resemble the dense, golf ball sized nug I found the seed in. I think I'm most excited about trying this gal.

Enjoy the pics, my friends.
Diesel840

full

full

Diesel840

Tahoe OG Kush.
full

full
The bag seed which I think might have been GDP is really stinking right now. She is dominating the tent with a skunky funky earthy goodness. The rounded tops all resemble the dense, golf ball sized nug I found the seed in. I think I'm most excited about trying this gal.

Enjoy the pics, my friends.
Diesel840

full

full

Looks like BOTM material to me :love:

MB

Thanks @Mr. Brown 😄 maybe I'll take some more photos of her today when she gets a drink. I like that photo. It captures her colors nicely but isn't as in focus as I would like. I'll tell you though, I could smell her on me for hours after handling her yesterday for the photo.

We've been getting up to 90% humidity, so I've been running the dehumidifier full blast. It's surprising how much the dehumidifier increases the ambient air temp. I'd like the temps to stay a bit cooler to maintain terps and encourage purpling. Hopefully I don't lose those beautiful shades or incredible smell. I'm so excited!

Diesel840

Been a lot going on here. As a result, the girls have been a bit neglected. Aside from drying out a bit and more of the fans yellowing, they look and smell great! Witches Wedding Cake #3 is looking like she may have enough amber for chop within the week. As she has begun to amber up, her smell has shifted. She is loosing the sweetness of the uncooked cake batter smell, and is developing more of a sour skunkiness to her. Right now she kinda smells like a skunk pup got into a bowl of cake batter. :LOL:

full

full

full

full

Diesel840

The Tahoe OG has yet to begin her amber phase. Instead, she seems to be filling her beautiful trichs full of aromatic terpenes. The SFV had a strong aroma early on in her bud development, especially a month ago. The Tahoe though, she is steadily becoming a more pungent wet compost/earth, kerosene, and hint of citrus. She is beginning to put up a fight with the SFV, rivaling her strength of scent.

full

full

full

Diesel840

Last edited:
Speaking of OG, the SFV is ambering up! Unlike the Tahoe which has a deep, dank smell to her, the SFV is bright and inviting with strong notes of citrus, some pine, and whiffs of gas. Judging by the smell, I'm thinking this SFV will be a nice mood enhancing daytime smoke. She is ripening, catching up to the WWC#3. Her fan leaves are fading perfectly, I won't let her go too much longer. After she is chopped, I'll need to remove seeds from the lower nodes so that she revegges.

full

full

full

full

Diesel840

Last edited:
The bag seed suffered the most stress from drying out. Then again, she has by far been the thirstiest of the girls. Had I better regulated her soil moisture, she might have grown out even better. She is still the most pungent lady in the tent, it's dominated by her aroma. While moving her around for watering and photos, she kept bumping into the other ladies. I'd bump her against another plant, and all I could smell was the Bag Seed, not the OG or WWC. When putting her away, it became so strong I actually got sick to my stomach. Ha! 😂 Her aroma is so deep, dank, and complex with a spiciness, earthy, sour skunk, it's almost rancid smelling at times. All of her pistils are quickly turning a gorgeous pumpkin orange. The bright pistils really contrast with the almost black fan leaves. I thought she would take the longest, looks like she might beat out the Tahoe. Again, I think I'm most excited about this lady.

full

full

full

Diesel840

Last edited:
Beautiful photos :love:
Thank you. :giggle: Nothing like enjoying :coffee: and working on photos.

Hey, how is your Zunami/Widow doing, has she stabilized? Btw, nice work. I could never test something in hydro. I don't have game like that. 😅 I'd like to try hydro at some point, but I want to use plants I already know. I'd love to do organic whenever I eventually try hydro. In the meantime, I'm gonna watch and learn from you.
Diesel840

Thank you. :giggle: Nothing like enjoying :coffee: and working on photos.

Hey, how is your Zunami/Widow doing, has she stabilized? Btw, nice work. I could never test something in hydro. I don't have game like that. 😅 I'd like to try hydro at some point, but I want to use plants I already know. I'd love to do organic whenever I eventually try hydro. In the meantime, I'm gonna watch and learn from you.
Diesel840

Thanks @Diesel840 :)

Fortunately 'Black Zu' looks like she has stabilized (y) Hopefully I can keep her on track ;)

I would love to see some more hydro on this forum. Give it a try (y)

MB

Back