• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

My Kind stash of on-"Nice"

Diesel840

Hi all. I haven't been posting as much lately. Figured I'd pop in and give you all a quick peek at what I've been working on. I have a few non Mr. Nice strains I'm working on to fill my jars before I tackle my Unreleased and Tester chemovars. I'd like to have enough Kind to give the Mr. Nice stuff enough time to properly cure once grown out. Any ways, here are a few pics of the tents.

This is the last of the bag seed from my first grow. I was told the bud I picked up was purple Kush, but he also said purps. I don't think he knew what it was. It did have little spots of purple. I call it BP.
full

I'd imagine that if it were related to "The Purps" it would have more significant fruit notes. Then most of the PK related stuff seems to have almost a sweet earthy-hashy-coffeeish note... that's not quite it, but not so fruity. Just has been my experience with Urkel and GPD crosses vs something like PHK or Las Vegas Purple Kush... or maybe it is none of the above. Just throwing that out there. Good luck filling the jars. I wish that I kept some of the bag seed plants, from especially my earliest efforts...

Then most of the PK related stuff seems to have almost a sweet earthy-hashy
Add pine to that description, and you're close to what it smells and taste like. It has a fairly strong scent and the flavor matches the smell. Unfortunately, the strongest smelling and tasting ones are the phenos which only exhibit the pine aspect. I love some pine in the background, but the pine phenos taste exactly like chewing on pine needles. Way over powering. I much more enjoy the hashy ones with a bit of lemon.

Sounds like something Kush. I know that this was your express batch, but the pine might mellow with cure (or be a sign that this one would really prefer that you sift her) Either way, probably heady, happy and warm, with a little uplift? I grew out PTK years ago. It really... smelled and tasted like pine tar. Intriguing for about 2 grows, with little else to speak for it.

Looking forward to your testers to come.

Good luck filling the jars. I wish that I kept some of the bag seed plants, from especially my earliest efforts...
Thanks 😊. I had about 15 more of the "BP", but a scare a few months back made me freak out and kill them off. Which is a bummer because these were the last of that batch of bagseed. I have two of the ones I'm growing cloned, but not the standout girls. Oh well. I have plenty of herm seed from two of thr first three I grew. I can always go back later and do selections to find something that taste good and doesn't stress as easily.

I know that this was your express batch, but the pine might mellow with cure (or be a sign that this one would really prefer that you sift her)
My pure pine pheno from the first 3 seeds barely mellowed after 2 years in a jar. (The earthy/hashy tasting pheno improved with a decent cure). The bubble hash from all 3 plants was choice. Drysift could be an option.

Thanks 😊. I had about 15 more of the "BP", but a scare a few months back made me freak out and kill them off. Which is a bummer because these were the last of that batch of bagseed. I have two of the ones I'm growing cloned, but not the standout girls. Oh well. I have plenty of herm seed from two of thr first three I grew. I can always go back later and do selections to find something that taste good and doesn't stress as easily.
This could be a fantastic time to start learning about micropropagation, if you are that motivated...

Here is a cross of an F5 OG Kush crossed with a male GDP. It was flipped at the same time as the BP, but clearly has a few more weeks to go. The buds seem dense enough so far, but the smell is nowhere near as strong as the BP. I had 20 more of them, but again, I culled most of them a few months ago. If they come out decent, I have more seeds including beans from a different pheno.
full

These next two photos are from my 2x4 tent. These other five strains are growing under my new Spider Farmer SE4500. This is a test run under the new light using 5gal fabric pots. When I grow out the testers it will be five plants under this light with the same 5 gal I've used in previous runs. So, it's a decent test run. I don't want to be dialing in the new setup when I tackle the testers. I want to give them a fighting chance. Two of the plants in the tent are Witches Wedding Cake, one is a Tahoe Og, a SFV OG, and finally the bag seed which looked/tasted/smelled/felt like some "GDP" I'd picked up a few months prior. They've been flowering for a bit less than half as long as of the other two, and they are responding fast! I'm getting better mid-canopy growth than previous grows under my old light. They are responding to the defoliation; previous defoliations haven't helped much. I'm liking this light, thus far.
full

full

Diesel840

Edit: I just realized that I didn't post the photos, oops. Here they are.

Last edited:
Those certainly look like some fucking OG crosses lol... It got me excited enough reading your post that I almost went to go fish a GDP S1, I got as a freebie from Cannapot from "the jungle." I slid the door open and was like, which one is it again....?" (the lights are off) Then I realized that I was really procrastinating about working on my build out and that bud shots are more impressive anyways.

Which just goes to show: that your enthusiasm is contagious. I do want to show you that GDP at some point though. I haven't flowered her yet but sometimes a plant just strikes a special chord in your heart. It had a purple haze to the underside of the cotyledons. Which I've never seen before and the stem rub has a note that is like fruit with good Hyssop.

Sorry... No one else wants to hear this shit. When an autistic person says that they are "into something." It isn't said lightly.

Here is an update of the five plants in my tent with the new grow light.

First is Witches Weding Cake #3. Small dense buds. It smells sorta like uncooked sugar cookie dough. Very frosted.
full

The next is SFV OG Kush. This is the best and most strong scented strain in the tent. It smells sorta like sour Pixie stix with just the barest hint of petrol. Not as far along as the Witches Wedding Cake, still a few weeks to go.
full

This one is from some nameless bagseed. It tasted/looked, and felt just like some bud I'd bought from a friend a few months prior which he claimed was GDP. All I know is the original bud would put me to sleep with one or two puffs. If it puts me down in 5-6 puffs, I'll be ecstatic. The flavor, frost, and bag appeal was all top notch, btw.
full

This one is Tahoe Og Kush. Not nearly as strong scent wise as the SFV, but further along with a similar though muted scent and dense nugs.
full

Witches Wedding Cake #1, This one is a bit more hairy than #3. As far as the pistols and buds go, it's ready. The trichs are still cloudy with some clear. I'm thinking in a week or two it will be ready for harvest. Plenty of frost, but the flowers are even smaller than #3.
full

Last edited:
The BP have been stuck into a 2-3 day dark period. One has barely started ambering, most of the others have decent amber. This is a strains that has intense flavor media after drying, so I shouldn't need to wait for it to cure before smoking.

The BP have been stuck into a 2-3 day dark period. One has barely started ambering, most of the others have decent amber. This is a strains that has intense flavor immediately after drying, so I shouldn't need to wait for it to cure before smoking.

The BP have been stuck into a 2-3 day dark period. One has barely started ambering, most of the others have decent amber. This is a strains that has intense flavor immediately after drying, so I shouldn't need to wait for it to cure before smoking.
Is that TCC gear then?
I have 2 packs of the Tahoe and 1 of the SFV OG in "The Bin." I'm reproing the regualr Chem 91, this round, and have some of their regular Bubba too. Normally I'm not big on S1's when avoidable... but that New Year's sale was hard to argue with.... Swerve even let me get a Gold line (78) Dude has always been decent to me, when we've spoken. I know some people seem to have some issue with them? I don't get it. The Boss Hog looked just like the Chem 4 I have had in hand, but greener and slightly less internode space, but otherwise, spot on. I like that they at least tell you what it is that they are using rather than just "Og Kush." Its like, ok... tell me more... Anyways
1 of 3 seed bins :)
IMG_20220203_160636666.jpg

Your grows are as aesthetically pleasing as they are encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with TCC Gear. To answer your question, this was bag seed which I refer to as BP. The flower was originally sold to me to as purps/purple kush.
TCC is The Cali Connection. I meant the Tahoe and SFV OG.

I guess you have the original cuts then? The only one, I ever had myself, was the Skywalker. Incidentally, that The One, and the Yellow Shishkaberry are the three cuts I got, while in the PDX area that I miss. I miss the FLOWER of the Blackberry Bubba... but not dealing with her finicky ass.

If those are the cutting versions, even better. Because sometimes it can be harder to get good pictures of some of the older varieties, by which to judge the cross by. At any rate... Thanks for getting back to me.

I have 2 packs of the Tahoe and 1 of the SFV OG in "The Bin.
I should have realized you were asking about the two OG's. Oops, it was late. Lol.

Swerve even let me get a Gold line (78) Dude has always been decent to me, when we've spoken. I know some people seem to have some issue with them?
Unfortunately, these were the only two beans to break ground out of 3 packs from Cali Con. So, not the best selection to pick from nor an ideal first impression.
I have become spoiled from the germ rates I get with Mr. Nice genetics.

Back