Musashi Plays With Fire- The Doors and Neville's Haze

ah, different parent problems. Yeah, it's usually not hard to tell with poly hybrids.

I really spend so little time reading the forums anymore, and I don't like reading most incredibly long threads. I used to like to try to help newbs, and still do occasionally, but so much of the forums is rehashing myths and so little is really relevant to someone who "figured it out". Though I am the first to admit there is always more to learn.

EDIT: BTW I am growing a couple of Doors females at the moment. Both look great; started off looking Indica Dom and both are showing nice sativa traits on the flip.

Last edited:
People put too much thought behind why Nev wanted HIS OWN BEANS for a new project. He was a breeder for Christ sake. Imagine Shanti wanted to do a new White Widow project somewhere on the other side of the world and NOT picking HIS OWN BEANS when they were available. Who would?????? Think people, it is not that hard.
I think a bit of marketing may have been involved in the decision to use his own seed as well.
I’ve grown the ghs version twice since originally purchasing them in late 90’s early 2000’s and can tell you they are garbage. I wouldn’t be surprised if what they are selling now isn’t even related to the Neville’s they used to have. I have no doubt that Mr Nice has the same Neville’s haze that’s always been around. Here’s a cutting of the same plant I let grow a bit and used a different lighting schedule. The taste and smell are incredible once it gets on you or in your nose it stays with you for the day.
F386048A-961A-4CFA-8425-5C6275A66B94.jpeg

Thanks braddahs for the love. As braddah @Jahnova suggested many are quick to judge without giving the strain a fair shake. Working with 15-18 seeds will give you a broader representation and increase one’s selection odds. At the very least, strive to work with at least a half dozen females at a time. As always, the proof is in the seed.

🤙mu

Thanks braddahs for the love. As braddah @Jahnova suggested many are quick to judge without giving the strain a fair shake. Working with 15-18 seeds will give you a broader representation and increase one’s selection odds. At the very least, strive to work with at least a half dozen females at a time. As always, the proof is in the seed.

🤙mu

Well said Musashi, I've grown plenty of seeds over the years and I always try to grow (multiple) full packs or straws:).
I always find plants that fits the decsription of the strain with MSN seeds. There is a lot of variation but with poly-hybrids it's what I would expect.

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

Say it isn't so! Got to the very last of this bottle of Nev #7 and this is what I found. Not sure if self-pollinated or another Nev's or Doors "P" but if the other "P" part is #7; oh boy, don't have to ask me twice about putting these seeds in the ground! o_O😃😍🥳
nev#7 seeds.jpg

Nev's Haze #7 - brief history
NH #7a 1_30.jpgNH #7b 1_30.jpg_nh#7a 3_23.jpg

mu

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

Say it isn't so! Got to the very last of this bottle of Nev #7 and this is what I found. Not sure if self-pollinated or another Nev's or Doors "P" but if the other "P" part is #7; oh boy, don't have to ask me twice about putting these seeds in the ground! o_O😃😍🥳
View attachment 64789

Nev's Haze #7 - brief history
View attachment 64784View attachment 64785View attachment 64787

mu
To me, I love when a plant selfies a few seeds. Itsa bonus. Especially those surprises like this. 1663416658060.png

Mahalo braddahs. Many thanks for your kindness. We all walkabout and become the wiser, hopefully ha. I've grown several others including GHS. Like you said, less than satisfactory and for the money, grrr. I am no longer willing to waste time "experimenting," when I can get solid genetics here. Shanti's stuff is indeed vigorous and well-understood, solid. I can't say enough...

Bottled 4/8/20- 42 weeks. Neville's Haze #7 skies you up and up. The #6 comes on like thunder and then settles you comfortably for the 2PM nap. And then the Neville's du jour, the #4 that is pictured here, smells of the most fragrant herb bordering on turpentine? it is a high that's ethereal. You're in the right place. Good hunting brah!

View attachment 49255

🤙Mu

what a lovely thread first of all. truly a sight to behold. they all look and sound great, but from your description I would likely tend to gravitate towards NH6+7 because its just how I remember it.

couldnt wipe the smirk of my face while going through this thread although not super recent still really makes my Hazeside itch, super cool stuff

thank you !

Back