Musashi plays with fire- NL5/Afghan grow

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Aloha fellow travelers!
It took me nearly 2 years to put seeds to soil after seeing Alecky's awesome grow. I hope I can do as well. Here are the seedlings. Some doubles, I did get new glasses this week lol.
Let start at the beginning shall we?

IMG_1570.jpg

Aloha
M

Awesome! I'm so excited to see you journaling now my friend.
I'm pulling my lazy boy over to this spot for the show.

Best of luck with a legendary strain, you'll kill it I'm sure.

Hey Musashi, good to see you start these babies!:cool: finally you get to it :p

im still running 3 nl5/afghan this moment 4 weeks in flower. Will post some pics so we can compare. I like them already and in about a week gonna sprout some more!

wish you all the best! Hope you`ll find some killer medicine.

Good luck Musashi Bro!

I had the NL5xSkunk before and gotta say, they were deceptively good.
What I mean by that is that they looked sort of middle of the pack and unremarkable all throughout flower and even after harvest but there was nothing you could ever point to and say "here they are worse than this or that other plant from this or that strain".

Yet they were among the fastest to be smoked up. Because they were just all round good and solid AND after about a month or two of curing, they really shined in the terpenes as well. Took a bit of cure but some sour/citrusy/grapefruity terps emerged after a bit. Paired with the knockout stone that also seemed to become more potent with the cure, it was a very good strain to grow.

Aloha fellow travelers!

Mahalo braddahs for all your good wishes and encouragement.
It is a great community don't you think? All of you guys have contributed to this community in a positive way. Along with the many other good souls here, I am grateful to know you. I can't think of a better group of lugheads to be stranded on an island with lol. Got me thinking about Dunbar's number. Why that's about the number of ppl on this site at any given time. I am amazed at the collective knowledge. I am amused at some of the arguments, but like Shanti said, most arguments resolve themselves given time. For the obstinate, in Lord of the Flies fashion, they get dealt with.

As Dr. John would say,
intherightplace.jpg
"...Your social life ain't no better than my hot dog stand
Your edu-ma-cation ain't no hipper than what you understand
All I've got is a little bit of common sense
I believe in my heart, the best teacher is experience..."

Wish me luck. I hope I can meet your standards on this one brahs. It is all about the journey.

Aloha
M

Nice1 Musahsi, wowsers you made me blush reading that first sentence! :D I think you will like this line, I love the smell taste and effect of nl5afg, so does everyone else, it doesn't hang around long. Great yields too. I will grow this one again for sure. Best of luck man.

Awesome, Musashi. I will happily follow along.

You inspired me to queue up some Dr. John today. Your Cadillac aint no hipper than my bus stop. Much love for the night tripper. And for all the good brethren at MNS.

Aloha braddahs

1969. Dr. John was the s*t. He played in the evening, and just his get-up as he walked on stage made me see shooting stars!

1969-05-30a.jpg

As I recall, James Gang, John Sebastian and Sha Na Na were there also. I think I paid just $10 for the 2 day event.

Aloha
M

Gris Gris great album...The night tripper...

G `day Mu , GS

Desitively Bonnaroo is my fave .
I have seen him play a cpl of times . I had a buddy who played piano , loved New Orleans styles . He put me onto Prof Long Hair . From there I rediscovered Dr John .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

Hey braddahs thanks for checking in. Lots of good music back then eh? Miles Davis and Wes Montgomery! I spent a month many years ago in Manhattan, hanging out at the Blue Note taking in McCoy Tyner, Freddie Hubbard, Art Blakey, etc. Good stuff.

So, since the G13 test, I have been immersed on the Indie dom side of things. In this Indie cycle, I plan to revisit some of the strains previously grown. I am thinking Ortega, Nordle. Critical Mass deserves another round also. All grown before but with a sense of impatience- judging these plants as necessary for my medicine cabinet; yet they stood in the way of the stuff I deemed more suitable. Some ppl like things that slow them down and/or zombify them, not me! Give me fast cars and faster bikes! :D There is definitely a place for it all and I am just grateful we have the tools, the genetics that enable us to continue down this road of discovery. I can't think of anything else I'd rather do. Mahalo brothers, for taking this journey with me.

IMG_1570.jpggrp shot.JPG
What a difference 2 weeks makes!

nlaf_odd 1.jpgnlaf_odd 2.jpgnlaf_odd 3.jpg
Ugly ducklings

Aloha
M

With the ghost of Xmas past behind us, it is time to wake up to Spring! Robins are singing in the morning and the weather is unpredictable this time of year. I welcome the crisp mountain air as well as the ocean breeze. The NL5/Afghan plants are doing well. All consistently taller than the G13/AfSk save for a few runts. With 17 N/A, I notice only slight variability at this point. It is always fun for me to pick my favorites early on. I am always surprised when some ugly duckling of a runt blossoms into a monster plant with red-lining potency. I already smell dankness! Recently up-potted to 5x5’s, they are healthy and vigorous.

xmas past.jpg
Ghost of Christmas past

nlaf b.jpgnlaf a.jpg
NL5/Afghan

nlaf standout1.jpgnlaf standout2.jpgnlaf standout3.jpgnlaf standout4.jpg
Early NL5/Afghan selections

Ort_acdc.jpg
Ortega x AC/DC

Aloha
M

Seems like déjà vu; to once again, have a room full of goody, goody MNS plants eager to grow and express themselves. What better way to combat cold weather and cabin fever than to grow medicine for the coming year. Most are at 14-16” so far. Perhaps another week before I bring them to pre-flower. All are healthy and full of mana.

full room.jpg
Room full of "cruize"

nlaf 1a.jpgnlaf 2a.jpg
Some of the NL5/Afghan girls

nlaf close.jpg
A closer look at them

ort acdc cluster.jpg
The Ortega x AC/DC

ort acdc single.jpg
My, what long petioles you have!
Ortega x AC/DC

Shaka
M

Hello fellow firewalkers!
Day 16 since lights were switched to 12/12. All NL5/Af (10) are coming along nicely along with the new G13/AfSk (2), the MediHaze (2) and the f1 AC/DC x Ortega (3). I had planned to flower out the MedMan (3) mothers along with the (2) G13/AfSk #8 moms but they quickly overwhelmed the room slowing air circulation. I did not want to lose my focus which is to find several NL5/Af phenotypes; the 5+ft. MedMans were moved out. They are re-vegging outside and will finish outside. I don’t like crowded rooms as IME they encourage PM, pests, intersexing and additionally, hinder my ability to maneuver. Everyone got their last bottom trim this morning along with a generous feed which included silicates. So far, smells of very pungent skunk and some serious dog poop.

group 16day.jpg

NlAf1.jpg

NlAf2.jpg

Aloha
M

@curious101 hey braddah!
No, I did not not get rid of G13/AfSK #8. I posted some pics of her in the G13/AfSk thread this morning.
And yes, I did make an AC/DC Ortega cross. Here are some pics of the cross. So far, I am very happy with their uniformity.
The Ortega is strong in this one!

acdc_ort1.jpgacdc_ort2.jpgacdc_ort3.jpg
ACDC/Ortega #1, #2, #3

acdc_ort topa.jpgacdc_ort topb.jpgacdc_ort topc.jpg
ACDC/Ortega tops

Aloha
Mu

Back