Mark's Angel's Breath - New Year's Haze

F2s at 8 weeks

Here's ABF21 at 8 weeks.

attachment.php

Here's the sativa/haze leaning ABF24 at 8 weeks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ABF21 flowerF56.jpg
    ABF21 flowerF56.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 268
  • ABF24 F56.jpg
    ABF24 F56.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 266
  • ABF24 flower F56.jpg
    ABF24 flower F56.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Thanks LRV. She's a beauty, and still mostly white pistils at 8 weeks, so I think it's a 12-14 week plant. I have 1 meter tall seed plants of ABF2#1 and #4 vegging outside and would love to flower them outdoors guerilla style, but I know the #4 plant won't finish in time here in Massachusetts. Perhaps #1 would. I'd love to have a little light-dep greenhouse, I could start flowering them now and harvest in October.

~ 10 weeks

Thanks, Cannafish. You're correct, sir, she's making a huge cola. Here's ABF2 #5 (mistakenly referred to earlier as #4) at 10 weeks. The cola is about the diameter of a 1-liter soda bottle. She's finishing from the bottom up...you can see lots of stacked calyxes in the more mature buds on the left side of the pic. Still bulking up, foxtailing and adding lots of resin with lots of white pistils at 10 weeks, so I think this is at least a 14-week plant. :) Aromas are outstanding and quite loud, sharp lime and pine with a floral finish.

ABF25_cola_at_10_weeks.jpg

I'd advise getting a fan directed at that big cola. I've lost a lot of weed to botrytis inside those big colas.

Everything looks fantastic. :) My hats off to you sir.

Good advice, PMB, especially given the hot & humid summer weather we have now in New England. When I checked the plants last night there was airflow across that cola, so I turned up the fan speed and all is good.

Looking good Marcus. ! In your honest opinion is the quality there, is it worthy of some haze hybrids with a shorter flowering times ? I know this is a project you took on your self and have done a excellent job with and have thought about doing my self but it's been moved down the line or do you think it's worthy to go a head and put in front of c99 and Jack Herer , can you describe the high in detail like if it hits you all right away does it give you energy , give you the laughs , make you paranoid and so on ?

Last edited:
@kief420, thanks man. I haven't tried C99 or Jack Herrer, so I can't really answer. And I'm not sure if you're talking about the Angel's Breathe F1s I grew last year or the AB F2s that are now in week 11? I'll certainly do a smoke report on these AB F2s, but that'll be a few weeks at least. Based on appearance and aromas, the small number of AB F2s I've grown are superior to the F1s. I'm amazed and pleased with how far I've apparently been able to move the needle in just one filial generation. I'll have a lot of ripe F3 seeds which should be interesting to grow out.

As for the AB F1's, in hindsight, after growing and really enjoying Grail Widow, I'm disappointed how Indica leaning the AB girls were and the heaviness of the stone, although potency was there. My perspective changed a lot after I grew Grail Widow, which is the MNS strain I'd put in front of C99 and JH.

So, as someone who seeks an upbeat buzz, I'd recommend GW over AB. Personally, my choice in what to grow next will most likely be seeds that I made rather than, or along with, bought seeds.

I harvested Angel's Breathe F2#1. It was a weird plant. All calyx like #5, but dense buds. Looked like it was going to finish in 8-10 weeks then it got massively seeded and started throwing new pistils all over. Looked pretty sorry when I harvested it at 12.5 weeks. I'll probably just make hash out of it.

F2#5 is still going strong at 12.5 weeks. The lower buds are getting close to harvest in a week or two but honestly this main cola looks to need another month. I guess it's getting me primed for my Punto Rojo x Mangobiche grow. Smells aren't as loud but still pine-lime haze through and through.

ABF25_cola_at_12_weeks.jpg

Great work mRcus they look beautiful. I have never grown jack Herrer but I have a great cut of c99 beautiful terpy finishes in 50 days with a oz per gal.

~15 weeks

At 15 weeks and a 3 week flush, ABF2 #5 is like the Energizer Bunny because it keeps going and going and going. Yesterday I harvested all the lower buds except for the main cola; most had from 10% to 50% amber trichs, depending where I looked. The buds are seriously sticky and smells are wonderful starting out as lime/floral haze which quickly transitions to a nutty smell that I liken to peanut butter. I can't wait to smoke this bud.

ABF25_cola_at_15_weeks.jpg

Also, an updated smoke report on the F1s that have been curing now for 8 months. The only one I smoke is AB5, mother of the F2 you see above. The other F1s leaned mostly Indica, had similar tastes (nothing special) and similar highs (potent but too narcotic for me). AG5 must be close to a proper mango haze, as it is the best tasting plant in my stash. Smell in the jar is cedar, not-too-sweet flowers and fruit, e.g., mango. Flavor of the smoke is delicious, and I think it has a definite mango thing going on. Never smoked Mango Haze before. AB5 is very potent, definite one-hitter weed, and not couchlocky for me, but not energetic enough either. I find myself spacing out and losing focus easily, compared to the Grail Widow buds that are my favorite smoke. Here's a couple buds from AB5 with an old-school calculator for scale.

AB5_buds_and_HP41CV.jpg

@jack hairy, this is an F2, selected from the haziest, longest flowering Angel's Breathe F1.

Here are the final moments of Angel's Breathe F2 #5. I finally chopped this beast tonight after 123 days, 17.5 weeks, of 12/12. It has been flushed with dehumidifier water for over 5 weeks. It could have gone another couple weeks I'm sure but it was clogging up the tent full of Colombians and Grail Widow F2s. The main cola is simply massive, larger than a gallon milk jug. It's fluffy though, and covered in sticky resin. The smell at harvest was like a mixture of Pine Sol and lemon cleaner, still with that fade to a peanut butter smell. Most of the trichs are still clear and cloudy.

I've sampled the lower buds of #5 that I harvested at about 14 weeks and it is excellent pot, very potent and potentially debilitating after more than a couple tokes. Audible hallucinations. Still a little stony and not as electric as I'd hoped, but as good as or better than my two Grail Widow keepers. I made a decent number F3s using ABF2 #5 and the strongest sat-leaning F2 male; those should be fun to grow out.

ABF25_F123.jpg

ABF25_cola_F123.jpg

I also dried and ground up ABF2 #1 for bubble hash. After I had ground all the weed up, probably 3+ ounces, I went outside for a bit and when I returned it smelled exactly like I had just dragged a balsam fir Christmas tree into the house. The quality of that herb is also outstanding, with much denser buds compared to #5, with similar haze lime/pine smells and a great flavor. No pics yet, but I also decided to plant my ABF2 #1 and #5 seed plants outside. Not the best location, as they start get shade after mid-afternoon, and I have pretty much completely ignored them after they went into the ground. They are now over 6 feet tall (even after being topped for the clones I already flowered and harvested) and flowering. No way #5 will finish in time but #1 just might. These are my first outdoor plants since 1991 and it's fun to watch them grow.

Lesson learned from this grow, is that the F2s are more fun to grow than the F1s. Also Angel's Breathe has some sativa fire buried in the genetics that is not all that hard to coax out.

Last edited:
Hey just getting some free time finally... Ugh what a busy year... I'm not sure if I delivered this tip as I haven't had a chance to read through most of the thread but have you played with flowering times? I think a majority of ur phenos might be taking a while to finish bc ur flowering on 12/12.... While OK for a large amount of today's gene pool, I find that haze and haze phenotypes needs a bit of tweaking... Somewhere between 10.5 to 11 hrs of light to finish up in a decent amount of time. You'll find it actually changes the high too.. When you get the right time for ur strain.

Starting indicas on this flowering time lowers yield, just slightly though... Not that noticeable... But all ur sats will finish much better. Not sure why or if I've overlooked this in ur thread as its been a while

Thanks for the tip, cyoheights. I might switch over to an 11-hour cycle for the second half of the flower cycle for my sat leaners.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the smoke from AB F2 #5 shown above. Really great buzz, and the weed still retains that lemon/lime/pine smell with a peanut butter finish as it cures. Today I rolled up a joint and smoked it in the garage with the doors closed. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked out there about a half hour later and I got "that smell of awesome weed that lingers in the air." It's been a long while since I've experienced that, and it was wonderful. Not full-on frankincense, but definitely an incensey type smell that was very special. I attribute it to the long flowering time. I think it's a hallmark of exceptional marijuana. I'm really excited about it. This was from the lower buds that were harvested at 15 weeks and have only cured for about a month. I got over 5 ounces from F2 #5 and a bunch of F3s to grow out, so I have some fine smoke in my personal stash. The people I've shared it with have been astounded at the quality of the effect.

A couple pics of Angel's Breathe F2 #5 after drying. Didn't require much trimming, which is nice. I'm still smoking the lower buds that I harvested at 14 weeks while I let the 18-week buds cure for a few months. The smoke is exceptional. The smells are pure haze and exceptional. It's so much fun to roll joints, you just take one of the scrawny buds by the stem, pinch and pull like you would if you're preparing fresh thyme in the kitchen. Only you pull off nothing but calyxes coated in tiny crystals that burst forth with a pungent, complex lemon-lime haze smell. A couple tokes and you have a big smile on your face for a few hours and you can get things done. You WANT to get things done. You're just happy. Very euphoric. This weed will be insanely good when I get to the main cola after a proper cure. Wow.

ABF25_dried_bud.jpg

ABF25_dried_bud_closeup.jpg

Back