Mark's Angel's Breath - New Year's Haze

Time to see what kind of projeny I can get from the many seeds I've made from my keeper Angel's Breathe F2 haze plant. I still have the clone. My choices are F3 seed made from a skinny leaved F2 male, Doors cross, Grail Widow F3 cross, Punto Rojo x Mangobiche outcross, and '78 Colombian gold outcross. I really like the idea of combining an 18-week haze plant that turned gold after a 5-week flush with a 40-year old Colombian gold landrace. I'd like to think the Haze can increase the yield, potency and loudness while the CG improves mold/rot resistance and improves the quality of the effect. One of the things I'll select for is the huge main cola and dreadlocked bud structure from the haze.

Six seeds hit water this morning. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
The Ángeldorado seedlings are off, leaning into the sun. Just up-potted them into 6" 2L pots, where they will veg and begin to flower outside. They'll be joined by a few Holy Grail seedlings shortly after I receive my pending MNS order.

Ángeldorado seedlings 1 wk.jpg

I joined yesterday and have read the whole thread, great grow dude really well done.
I used to garden a few years ago but stopped when I had my son. Looks like I joined just in time to see some of your beans get going.
I've always wanted to run Mr nice beans and actually have some AB in the fridge I've wanted to pop for years.
I see repeatedly you don't like stoney weed and I've got to this point myself but finding older sativa genetics that won't disappoint is difficult.
Living in the UK sucks for sativa and haze hybrids in general. Most modern strains and hybrids here are all indi Dom and stupid stoney, short lived high and induce zombie like munchies I can't deal with lol.

Anyway I've been waffling keep the pics coming dude.
Bong

Thanks, Dub, for your kind words. Bonghead, welcome to the MNS forums! I appreciate that you've read through this thread in its entirety. More to come!

Quick update on the Ángeldorado seed plants. Here they are at ~4 weeks from seed. The puny one is a puntodorado bx [(punto rojo x '78 CG)#2 bx '78CG] that I germinated about 10 days ago. The Ángeldorados are showing the same 3-leaved duckfoot leaf structure that their mother showed. They look remarkably uniform. Too early to assess aromas or sex. The plan is to flower them in about 6 weeks. Just got my Holy Grail order from MNS and I soaked a few of those seeds this morning.

AD and PDBX seedlings.jpg

Ángeldorado seed plants are now ~ 6 weeks old and looking good. They smell even better...beautiful haze and sativa aromas. Leaves are thinning out on the upper nodes and they're beginning to look like the sativa-dom hybrids they are. I currently have my eye on PD1 and PD3. One of either PD4 or PD5 doesn't have much going on in the aroma department and will probably get culled. I haven't checked for preflowers in a week or so but I think it's still too early to tell. The '78 CG bx is in the foreground, a few weeks behind the rest. The Holy Grail has yet to join the party.

Ángeldorado seed plants 6 wk.jpg

These are looking fantastic Marcus can't wait to see them hit flower and streeeetch 😁
From left to right the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th all look almost identical, it's going to be awesome watching them change in bloom.

Bong

Cuts of the ángeldorado have been taken and rooted, and they will go in the flower tent this weekend. Two males have shown themselves so far, AD1 and AD2. I'm keeping AD1 and culling AD2 based on leaf morphology, pinene terps, vigor and nute sensitivity. These plants get fed rarely, mostly just water, and I prefer the ones that can stay nice and green with very low nute levels...I view it as yet another trait of sativa leaners. AD1 and AD3 remain stand outs in the leaf morphology and aroma department. Aromas are really nice...pine and citrus and complex notes. Their mother was the best smelling plant I've grown so far. Here they are before I culled AD2. L-R AD2, AD1, AD3, AD4 and AD5.

AD 1-5.jpg

AD1 - keeper male will sire the F2s
AD1.jpg

AD2
AD2.jpg

AD3 - my favorite so far
AD3.jpg

AD4
AD4.jpg

AD5
AD5.jpg

The crew for this coming grow...L-R: AD1, AD3, AD4, AD5, '78CG BX and Holy Grail A male.
Grow 10 seed plants Sep 4.jpg

Very cool.

I thought that I would tell you about what is happening with these seeds that Santa gave me: 3 out of 6 I think popped. It's been a little while. All 3 turned out females. 2 so far have been put into my recirculating system. Both did fantastic early on in the flowering tent but as soon as they turned the corner from stretching to flowering nutrient toxicity showed its head.

The one probably more well suited to indoors got culled, unfortunately. It stopped the stretching after about 8 weeks and probably had a 8x stretch. Total guesstimate.

The other is still going. Probably a 12x stretch. I converted her to Hempy style. She's mostly getting water. About every third watering she gets a feeding of Jack's + calcium and a chelation agent. I THINK that it is N that blocks everything else with this girl, so the 5-12-26 is a decent option... if you're on top of things.

Thanks to those who made this possible.

Very cool.

I thought that I would tell you about what is happening with these seeds that Santa gave me: 3 out of 6 I think popped. It's been a little while. All 3 turned out females. 2 so far have been put into my recirculating system. Both did fantastic early on in the flowering tent but as soon as they turned the corner from stretching to flowering nutrient toxicity showed its head.

The one probably more well suited to indoors got culled, unfortunately. It stopped the stretching after about 8 weeks and probably had a 8x stretch. Total guesstimate.

The other is still going. Probably a 12x stretch. I converted her to Hempy style. She's mostly getting water. About every third watering she gets a feeding of Jack's + calcium and a chelation agent. I THINK that it is N that blocks everything else with this girl, so the 5-12-26 is a decent option... if you're on top of things.

Thanks to those who made this possible.
Oh yeah, a bit of Epsom salt as well as the Jack's and calcium.

~1.5 weeks

Thank you so much, everybody, for your posts in this thread. Fish and PMB, I'm so happy to see that the ABC cross is being grown by my friends!

PMB, great info on how these plants stretch and respond to nutes. I suck at controlling hydro nutes during a sativa grow, but I'm going to try to up my game on this grow. I'm currently feeding them Jack's 3-2-1 at about 550 ppm and pH 6.1 at 1.5 weeks from flowering rooted clones. I plan to continue feeding them (every 2-3 days, no water) until they are nearly done stretching (~6 weeks) then I'll eliminate the calcium nitrate in the feed and go from 3-2-1 to 3-0-1, and water twice between feeds. I have about 60 ppm calcium in my tap water. Do I need to supplement calcium? With what? I'd really appreciate your comments on this plan. Thanks.

These plants smell great and, other than two early males, take a long time to sex. Of the five PD plants, I have now found three males. I still haven't seen pistils on the two left likely to be female, but one assumed female showed itself to be a boy after about 10 days of 12/12. I discarded him and am keeping the PD1 male, based on good early resin and piney terps. The assumed female that I'm coveting is PD3. She has a beautiful and fairly loud smell, again with a lot of pine aromas. The AB F2 that mothered these plants had awesome piney lemon terps, tasted old-school excellent, and exhibited that wonderful lingering aroma in the room after a joint was smoked, definitely on the church side of the aroma spectrum. Because α-pinene is the primary terpene present in frankincense, I tend to select for pine aromas, among other things. So PD3 looks really promising, and has always had the most sativa-leaning leaf morphology. I'm already looking forward to exploring the PD3xPD1 progeny!

Here's a pic of the three ángeldorado plants, AD3, AD4 and AD5, after ~10 days of 12/12. AD5 is getting culled. AD4 is lacking in aromas compared to its siblings. Also in the back is a puntodorado F1 female that didn't make it into the tent during my last grow, and an F1 bx puntodorado. That one is extremely slow to show sex and could also be a male.

AD 3-5 F9.jpg

So I have a dilemma and a choice to make...soon. I only have four 1.5-week old plants in flower and of those only one is proven female. I have room for one more, possibly two (if I want to be a masochist). I have a choice of adding either the ángeldorado mother, ABF25, or another clone of PD3, or both. I've tried two separate times to grow clones of the stunning Angel's Breathe F2 haze plant keeper, unsuccessfully. Last time it was powdery mildew and that plant seems to be particularly susceptible to PM. On one hand it would be nice to directly compare the bud and the smoke from the ABF2 mother to the ABC outcross. On the other hand I definitely have a thing for PD3, and it would be great to have twice as much bud from that plant. Decisions, decisions...

Until next time, friends, aloha!

~1.500001 weeks

I just looked at the ángeldorado seed plants outside and they are all beginning to flower and now show sex. Every. One. Is. Male. Five out of five. This simplifies my dilemma...I'll flower a couple ABF25 clones, a clone of my keeper puntodorado PD1, select AD3 as my keeper male, and spread a little pollen around. So I'll flower four females, possibly five if the PD bx is a girl.

Sheeseh, between ángeldorado and holy grail plants I'm 7 for 7 males. Been a while since I've had this kind of a run.

The odyssey continues. Great to have you taking the road less travelled and kind of you to share this splendid journey with us. All for the One, and One for all!

Aloha nui
Mu

Musashi, sensient, thanks for chiming in! Fish, that's a beautiful plant! What kind of aromas are you getting at this stage? Lots of pine I hope?

Here's a pic of the four remaining AD males (AD2 was culled a while ago) outside on Sep 19: L-R AD1, AD3, AD4 and AD5. I'm going to cull all but AD3. He's kind of interesting. Smallest plant, so his progeny are more likely to be indoor friendly. Skinniest leaves in veg. Piniest aromas. Last to flower. No PM or pest issues. Seems to be happiest at low nute levels compared to his brothers. I have a clone of him in the veg cabinet and I'll collect pollen from this outdoor plant. I have two of the Angel's Breathe F2 plants in flower and his pollen will be used to make a backcross to his mother.

AD males outdoors sep 19.jpg

I just re-read through this whole thread just now... ☺

Man this is a good one... really nice reading the journey through time with your thoughts and experiences...

Have you tried cutting the calcium nitrate b4 with success? When i tried i got this wierd popcorn flavor from the buds that i did not enjoy at all, but could've been something else i was doing... think i was adding iron edta to change terpene profile or something...i dunno was i while ago

That ABC AD whatever ya call it sounds like it'll be something killer i cant wait to read the smoke report from the both of ya

Last edited:
Back