Mango Inbred & LaNina

Looking good Patrick. Lookin real good! Mango and La Nina are definitely my favorites!

Cool runnin braddah,
M

Thank you kindly, mu :D The uncured LaNina pieces getting smoked on now are fire. The #3 sample I have is VERY strong. From just that little bit of almost worthless Mango #1, I'm wildly excited to get some Mango in jars. I've wanted to run/smoke Mango haze since I joined here 8+ years ago. Daaaaaaaamn, this forum is almost 9 years old!!! I was so young & wet behind the ears when I started growing my herb!! Actually 8 years ago today, I moved into my first 'grow house' - that is a house with an illegal grow in a black market state & my life has forever been changed :)

Now I'm changing other people's lives! Offsite picture dump, ~61 days. HPS color be damned.
picture.php

picture.php

This is an Mk/Sk. The branch & top I'm holding should finish 3-4zips. 7' tall & gets light from all 3 1k's. 2+ more weeks to go.
picture.php

This is the labeling mixup. Rock hard nugs, has color & needs a week+
picture.php

Pretty sure this is a LaNina in the foreground.
picture.php

Shorty Mk/Sk. I went up last night (61 nights) thinking I was going to harvest at least this plant & maybe that above mis-labled plant. They need a week or so. More super density. Maybe she was sneaking shooting powder or MOAB or Gravity or Bud candy or koolbloom into the feeds. Wait, no. She's on 3ml micro/6ml bloom alternated with 1/2 teaspoon catalyst. Was feeding epsom with the catalyst up thru ~6 weeks. Catalyst only for the last week or so. Environment + light intensity + not overwatered + lil bit of base nute + soil built with pH & drainage in mind = Ticket for the train to nuggetville.
picture.php

Lower on the mis-label.
picture.php

Mo...

This LaNina is almost ripe, too.
picture.php

This LaNina is a MONSTER. Just getting lit by one bulb, too. Sexy LN on 'roids. Has 3-4 tops like that flopped down that homegurl is on instructions to add bamboo & brace today. Maybe a 10+oz plant which impresses me because it's not drawing light energy really from multiple bulbs.
picture.php

ROTY
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Later taters :)

And to think I patted myself on the back thinking my MkSk grow last summer was grand- I now stand in the hall of shame compared to your monsters. I am not worthy lol. Thanks for leading the charge brah. Great pics as usual. Mo...

M

Absolutely incredible! Stunning buds there PatrickStar and great grow log too. Fair play to ya man. You have done these two strains a great service and you're thread makes me more inclined to try LaNina now i know what to expect. :)

Vegged in 3gal for 2months & 20gal's for 2-3 more weeks under new 1k bulbs, homie :D Light intensity & root space!! Also, the gardener is a clean slate. She has no preconceived notions or even expectations, so she does EXACTLY what I tell her to do. I probably overwatered & over nuted on my grow more than she did, cause I 'know what I'm doing' lol. During this grow, I must have gone over the importance of environment & light-tightness 20x's more often than nutrients or Ph or expected yields or anything else. Just kept asking her to monitor & adjust temps.

Side note - Got a new can-lite 6" x 24" filter for that grow. When I was putting it in, the flange came off as it was not at all secured with rivets or screws. When it came off, there was a foam gasket on top of the carbon bed (which can was nice enough to put in a mesh bag inside the filter housing, so the carbon didn't spill when the flange came off. Anyway I attached the flange with self tapping screws but I neglected to put the gasket back on top of the carbon & under the flange before I re-attached. She was having SERIOUS odor problems, & when I took the flange back off, I could see light thru the screens where air was 100% bypassing the carbon before being pumped out. As there was less back pressure where there was no carbon, I assume MOST of the air was being pumped out unfiltered. BIG TIME FUKKUP on my part. I fixed it up & seemed to work, but whole place was stinky last night, so will know today/tomorrow if 3k & 3-4-5lb is too much for a can 6" mated to a 6" old-school vortex or if I just exposed her for a prison sentence thru my neglect of details. Oops. Don;t let it happen to you, that gasket matters!!!

Hey can-fan!!! Make like Phresh & Mountain Aire & finish assembling your fukkin product before you ship it. Why would I want a different flange on this filter? If I did, why not just neck the fan up/down with a $6 home depot reducer???? Wonder how many other growers did exactly the same thing, or had the assembly fall apart while hanging up high & destroyed the carbon can???

Vegged in 3gal for 2months & 20gal's for 2-3 more weeks under new 1k bulbs, homie :D Light intensity & root space!! Also, the gardener is a clean slate...

[FONT=&quot]Yep, yep, makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"So easy a cavewoman can do it." - Geico revised[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Aloha[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M[/FONT]

If you wanna grow big trees, you give them rootspace & veg time. It's what you do. If you wanna save 15% on car insurance, you call Geico. It's what you do ;)

d, get a light mover for what the last 2 weeks? She won't be running again over here & the way the bulbs are hung, the 3k is awkward. We were only going to bloom a 1k. Then we passed the first month of veg. Ok, fire up the 2nd light. When we got to 2+ months vegging, I managed to swing that 3rd light. That grow started out differently. Me & a friend of my student's were going to run a 6k cropping every 9 weeks. We framed the room & wired the 6k, but it was clear to me at that point that the show was going to be 100% on my shoulders & I couldn't take on that kind of commercial responsibility AND car for momma dukes 2hours away. The first plan dissolved, but homegurl was all like.... "...teach me..." So we started with one light & here we are :)

Also, I'm kind of biased against light movers. I've never owned one or seen one growing plants. However, one of the most understated & down to earth commercial guys I ever met (guy used to run 20k flip flops) told me he didn't get any yield/space/electricity benefit from using a mover. One of the guys who has shown himself to be almost 100% full of shit in real life (and yes he's a member here, & would have you believe he's a player in the international seed biz :p) used to swear that movers helped. He also swore terpinator would give me 20% more resin & used to spin these wild tales of growing wealth and achievement. Guy is a lifelong couch surfer lol. Shoutout to you reading this, Private Mexico. :cool:

Last edited:
Chopped a few Laninas last night & tonight.

#3 was all floral, mostly lavender & a little something between jasmine/gardenia/rose. Got a lil color. 2 wire clothes hangers full but not jammed. Hoping for a QP, but we'll see the buds aren't super dense. Smallish bracts, nice resin production, but not a visual standout from this run.

#2 is subtle chocolate/currant on chop. Decent bit of color, buds are chunky & will look great in a jar. Med sized bracts, decent nug density & size. Again, 2 hangers full but not jammed. Crusty with resin. Hoping for a QuaP.

#5 is skunk spray on chop & when I started trimming each branch, but as I worked, a rotten lime smell came through. Very LOUD. Huge frosty buds. Didn't get the benefit of a lot of grooming, so there is some larf & some stuff that was sorta shade grown. 2 hangers packed tight, hoping for up over a QuaP.

Looking to chop the LN #4 tomorrow night & the Mango 1 & LN 1 within a few days after that. They are both finishing up nice and quick. Once I whack up the LN #4, I'll be able to get better mango haze pics posted. Found a few ounces of Mango #1 that I didn;t even know existed under my carpet o buds tonight. That plant is freaking awesome from seed I soooooooo want her to stay close from clone.

It'll be great to hear about these gems after a few months of cure. I love love love the Nina and Mango. Did I say that already? hehehe
Thanks for the awesome share brah.

Aloha nui loa
M

Great show again Patick!

Mine is on a way smaller scale, I am just sorting out a few mums for next sumer sea of clones...

Here is couple of shots from today:
MH f2 "a"
MANGO_F2_A.jpg

MH f2 "B" side bud;
MANGO_f2_B_bud.jpg

Regards,

Clouseau.

Last edited:
I dunno if you said it before, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that about you, mu :p :D

Inspector, you sure got a way with the resin, those buds are crusty & have more time left to go!! Looks tasty :) I hope you find one that suits your taste & grow style.

Chopped the LaNina #4 last night, just dropping off notes. Wildly sour citrus on chop, lemons all over. As I trimmed & she hung, it blended into a lemon/sour pink grapefruit. Buds started to look like a sour D cross afterwhile, lol. Left her a lil leafier as she has sexy pink/purple leaf veins underneath & she is on the plus side for resin. Run a few days more than necessary, but I wanted her to dry dry dry before chop. Smaller buds overall, decent density & packed 2 hangers. More trim bucket larf than most of the first 3 plants - seemed to suffer more from lower light levels than the other plants, especially #2 which made dense buds all the way down. This #4 was directly under the bulb so her larf got more light than the other plant's larf, IMO. Again, expecting a QP.

So far this thread has been "rah rah LaNina, & I also have some Mango Haze inbreds..." ummmm after I cleared out the LaNina, I found these MONSTER arms of Mango Haze. Even the light yielding hazy one has some weight to her & is starting to finish after the drought stresses of the last ~2-3wks. Pics tonight, I cut over a pound out of my garden this week & there are serious sized colas still to come down.

Also if the Mango #1 clone stays within 90% of the seedplant in vigor, budstructure, finish times, terp flavor, resin production, color capacity, bract size & internodal spacing, I will have my holy grail plant. As a vegger, she is squat & vigorous, & branchy. All signs point to yes as the magic 8ball just told me. Next run will be some OG/Chem seedwork, Mom's 1.5 to 1 CBD leaning ThunderStruck, & as much Mango #1 as I can fit. I'm going to run all of the other clones as small plants on the side, but I'm not scrapping anything that I already haven't (rip mango #3 aka Theresa Too Tall). I'm also very interested in the most satty LaNina, but shes not structured like I like to call her a 'grail'. The early smoke samples were pretty awesome, though. She'll get revegged immediately after chop, as I fukked around & didn't keep cuts, cause I thought she would be a jungle plant. Probably the perfect plant to do big under a net or in a vert setup. Big buds look like lil grape bunches hanging off viney stems, lol.

Pics tonight.

Picture dump!

Here's the last of the LaNinas. she's ready today, but waiting till Monday when she's good and dry. LN #1
picture.php

Grapevine look, hazeplant smell. Spicy woody incensey.
picture.php

Here's the last of the unripe pistils.
picture.php

Up close, down low, no flash. Love those fat bracts :cool:
picture.php

Holes in the canopy post early plant chop.
picture.php

picture.php

Here's the #4, way sour grapefruit as it drys. 1st one looks like a 2+oz hanger 24hrs after chop. Peep the twin bed. 8.5' x 9' room, tent is 5' x 5'. Unpictured is a giant tub for clones & a dresser haha. Not exactly an 'open' space :p
picture.php

Looking like this one may hit 3oz.
picture.php

Mo...

Here's the tent post early chop. LaNina #1 on the left & none of her is trained towards the middle, so it's Mango Haze all the way down.
picture.php

picture.php

Looking towards the back right & the Mango #2
picture.php

Looking at Mango #3
picture.php

Looking at Mango #1
picture.php

Mango #1. Loving this plant. Seriously, one of the best seedplants I've ever seen, & I love seeds.
picture.php

This is the top that was 'found' about a week ago under the carpet o lanina
picture.php

This is the toptop & was a lil close to the bulb so kept pushing pistils. She is only still standing cause I'm waiting on those pistils to die, the rest of her is readyreadyready.
picture.php

Mo...

Last edited:
Mango #2. Most of this plant was covered by other plants or was in the corner, far from the bulb. Also staying reasonable as a veg plant.
picture.php

Hopefully these fill out retiring in the sunshine.
picture.php

picture.php

Here's another banana. Haven't seen a seed iyet, but saw one other banana & no clusters as I trimmed LaNina.
picture.php

Mango #3, the wild one.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mango #4
picture.php

#4 has no color, #2 has a good bit to tell them apart.
picture.php

picture.php

Ok, moar pics in a few days after we harvest some of the offsite plants.

Yummy yummy Patrick! Cueing up the Mango IBL alongside the NHMango for the next, next run. Interested to see the differences between reg MH and the IBL version, tho the Angel's Breathe and NL5Haze have my attention currently. Just picked up a winter of AfHaze and am excited to try these out. If I had to pick just one right now I think I'd have a nervous breakdown hehehe :D

Aloha braddahs
M

Damn dude, you are living the life I dream, haze round after haze round! I have another ~50 or so of these Mango inbreds (I'm not going to call them IBL based on the small sample I've seen. Plants ranging from the haze I didn't even flower to the haze I wish I didn't flower to the 2 that are just barely practical to the one that looks like a CM hybrid) & I have a pack of the Af/Hz that I've wanted to run for years since I saw redeye & Scorp do em right. A friend is babysitting all of my old SSH & g13/hz crosses at the moment. I'm tentatively thinking of running the Af/Hz after/if I pick a Mk/Sk &/or an OG keeper to dust with an af/hz male & run those next to some MasterKaze which I REALLY liked & the masterkaze was the run that bought my favorite car ever, which I still have 5-6 years later haha!! Anyway see what the masterkaze do next to my pollenchucks. ;)

ramblerambleramble, I'm smokin some lanina larf, don't ask me what plant. The skunk spray plant larf smokes like the old roadkill. At first, "Whoa, that's strong...bzzz..buzzzz...bzzzz..." then its more clear & talkative & smiley/stoneish Just repotted a Mango #1 & my OG seedplant girls into those 3gallon smarties, getting ready for the next run. Probably can run these mangoes 2 weeks longer at the very most, I don;t want this jungle next time & if I run a second screen, I WILL run out of headroom at some point. Plants I repotted are almost as big as these flowering plants were when I put in the 1k before a week of veg then flip.

Howdy Blabla :) I didn't flower any males, unfortunately, so I really can't answer that. What I can say is that the plants all seemed to be similar in veg, except for the Mango #1. While the other mangoes were tall & rangy & tough to keep under control, she was squatter with muuuuch tighter node spacing than everything else, including the LaNinas. I was eyeballing her hoping she was a female as soon as they got under the t-5 & really started growing & showing. If I were to run these again, I would expect the target flower time to be 11-14weeks for females, and for the males to fall in line with their sticky counterparts, relatively speaking. But I didn't bloom any, so can't say for sure.

Back