Mango Inbred & LaNina

PatrickStar

Mango cuts vegging. Mango #1 on left in the 3gal & stacked hempy, Mango #2 in the middle, & Mango #4 cut way back in the hempy. #4 was a monster in a soil 1/2 gallon.

Mango #1 branching hard.

Mango #2 stacked decently tightly

Mango #3 cut way back

I've been officially out of veg space for a while, so things get cut back & second copies get cut down as necessary.

Blabla

Patrick thanks for the answer. I leave you with this qouete from Shanti and let you digest the info :- The male S1 seed i used to go back with the MH mother select was broad leaf faster flowering similar structure to his mother...resin production was very quick on certain parts of the male...all positive traits

PatrickStar

Thanks al :D Just pulled down everything offsite & trimmed maybe 2-3lb in 11-12 hours. Feeling like harvest time for sure, now. Left index finger is all nicked up from fresh fiskars, & got that feelin like james brown in my right pinky, wrist & 1/2 of my forearm. Time to call topless trimmers!

Bla - Thank you for that tidbit! Any & all mango inbred info, questions & hearsay are welcome here! :) Shanti hasn't been too active online really in the few years since these became available, & I've never seen them anywhere but auction/direct, so no grow reports or info really other than on MNS forum. I did not see early resin production on any of the mangoes. If anything, they started very slow & seem to be finishing reasonably quick with some drought stress. They are nice and frosty now :D FWIW, I will be hitting my Mango #1 female with some Triangle Kush x (lemon larry og x Chem (4?D??) Bx) pollen soon. When I can run more mangoes, I will make seeds for sure!

Ok, picture dump sometime soon. Offsite's power bill went way down tonight ;)

PatrickStar

Security protocol breach offsite. I'm there trimming for an hour after ~2hours of prep & taking down 2 Mk/Sk & a LaNina. 68 days & we were planning on running the rest of them another week & the longest running plant 10-14days more. Dude who wanted to get a commercial thing up & going 5 months ago stops by in white tight jeans with some random friend of his. Oh, hi. :frownieface: Whoa. The noobie knows everybody & tells guys friend, you gotta go. New friend leaves & guy sits down to trim like it's no big deal & we are acting paranoid. Meanwhile me & homegurl are like silent in shock jaws agape trimming listening to him yap away.

Loud guy. He insults her a few too many times (single mom & 3 sisters, I don;t take kindly to guys riding women verbally) & I finally snap & bark at him for what a stupid fucking move it was to bring a new person to the grow on harvest day. I don't care how well he knows him, there are multiple partners, & the rule is tell NO ONE. Guy doesent like that so gets up to leave, running his yap, & decided to turn around & get in my face while I'm sitting trimming. Now ya boy Paddy is running his yap & holding a pair of gooey fiskars, lol. 2 dogs that don't wanna get bit bark at each other for a bit & one leaves with his tail between his legs. In white skinny jeans. One stays till 8am to trim. In man pants. Had to come down. Wasn't my call, I wanted to at least keep the longest Mk/Sk going to put on the weight. She says time to cut it all, I cut it all.

I don't have pics of everything, but I have pics of somethings :D

Squat Mk/Sk. Rahk Haaahd. Stinky stanky burnt stuff skunk. With a lavender kicker as I trimmed. No color at all.

Trimmed & hanging on the row nearest the door, the other row was the nicest Mk/Sk, tall & dankberry purples. 3rd & 4th rows are a LaNina that was straight up fruit punch candy.

Dankberry McPurples. Had cool mainstem, hollow waaaay down. Other Mk/Sk had similarly 'more-hollow-than-I-usually-notice-mainstems' but this one was hollow, man.

Top cola of the monster 11/12 week Mk/Sk plant. Cut at 68 days, so who knows how long it would have gone. Fluffy as fukk. Still heavy heavy heavy. Maybe a QP from just that top & would hve been 6+ if finished. I was calling her meathead in the growroom cause she stinks of skunky meat. These pics were inspired by professorjj's critical skunk pic, although I'm sure his had some density, not like this feather duster!!

I mean, come on!!! Who DIDN'T use a 5 gallon bukkit for scale when harvesting their first indoor plants!!! Can't believe she did them this well!

Mo...

Blabla

Yo Patrick be carefull with the dude that got in your face. You know why. But I understand your reaction. Play it cool. Thanks for your updates.

PatrickStar

Mk/Sk from first pics. Yeah, blurry. My vision was bluury by the time I got these pics off :p

Dankberry McPurples. My pics don't capture it, really sexy bud will go for top $$ donations.

And then there was one. This is the sexy LN on roids plant. Chopped bucked & hung everything, trimmed the first 2 Mk/Sk & more than 1/2 of the first LaNina. Then there was one. this plant is my payoff for the work & dough I put into the show. After the security breach, I decided to chop her & tub her & finish drying & processing at my house. Love that drive. Anywhoo. She needed another week, but there is plenty there for me. I left ~20-30g on her & figgure I can pick up 4-5g from each of the other plants when I go up to help her finish trimming & processing in a few days. Got 4 hangers strung, hoping for a half pound, but she was a lil early.

Haven't had one of these in a while. Seedplant viggah!

I think I figgured ~50-52' of string She didn't trim lowers hard enough, so there was a good bit of larf.

Chopping my last LaNina tonight :D

EDIT - Bla, Yeah, cooler heads will prevail. I manned up for my part in the kerfuffle & texted guy an apology for it. I'm done with him from a business perspective, but not looking to make enemies. :)

Last edited:

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Nice to finish up eh? Bummer about the other. Good fortune going forward brah. Aloha M

sysadmin

Nice offsite harvest but sounds awfully sketchy to me esp for commercial ops. Semi legal does not stop rippers, narcs or even psychos from working the scene as always--this guy sounds like trouble any way you cut it.

Anyway looking forward to any MH inbred insight. Picked up a pack in a holiday hamper, inbred MH on listing, straw simply marked MH. Probably will not get to grow them out until this coming fall though.

Broseidon

Hey Bro,

nice stuff, looks very satisfying!
And that was all from a first-timer under your supervision? Well done!

About that guy getting in your face... Sorry to hear man. Sounds like you handled that situation but if I were you I would probably not only cut everything down but also shut down the operation (or that part of it) entirely...

I mean that or clip a fool and I'm not one for clipping fools :D

Hope the situation can be solved in an even better way that I don't see at the moment.

This is the reason why I will keep it in the family. Would rather trim solo for weeks than include any strangers, even if I called them friends for decades.

PatrickStar

al, mu, sys, Bro - Thank you for the love & I feel better about the production of the offsite show than I do about my own show because homegurl did so well for first time out & there were 10+ day stretches where she was on her own. As for the moron, I don;t wanna say too much, but yes, the show was black market in a non med state. There is a very tight connection between homegurl & the moron. I was initially introduced to moron when he had his shit a LITTLE bit together. Once I saw it wouldn;t work for a 6k on a 2-3mo production cycle, I backed out of working with him alone (THANK GOD!!! at the time I questioned it, but not at all since). She understood 'tell no one'. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

We took every plant down & she is on the rush rush to get everything dried paper/turkey bagged & toted & taken far away. I took my lil share the other night because I was worried about possible blowback from either the events of harvest night, or WHO KNOWS how many other people moron showed & told the grow about????? He is sloppy. Let's just say that he is a full grown adult that has never been forced to wear the orange county uniform. He doesen''t know how important it is to never wear that uni again.

I learned my lesson. My ship is very tight & that fool doesn't know my last name or where I live & I live hours from him & his now-defunct show & in another state :p

Anywayyyy....

I probably wouldn't have mentioned the BS, except I was emotionally shook to have to go through all that on what was supposed to be an enjoyable 1st harvest night. Also, I hope someone reads this thread & turns down a sketchy operation lest it go like this or worse. Experience strength hope & all that ;)

EDIT - sys, I just checked my MH straw of beans. Hand written "MH inbred". I got them in ~April in a cleaning auction & had lower-than-expected-from-MNS germ rates (maybe you also have them & it helps ID your seed). I don;t mind the low germ rate cause I got a 1 gram lot for like 62 euro hahaha. Also out of 4 females, I may have found my holy grail :D:D:D

Last edited:

PatrickStar

Mango Haze inbred #1 got the chop & trim last night. More leaf than I thought, but still should weigh up like a LaNina. 11 wks.

Here's what's left. Gonna angle the hood back towards the mangoes tonight. Probably will take them another week. I know they won;t be done, but this is a clone hunt & I think I'm going to be focused on the Mango #1 or a Lanina to hold as a sativa for now. I have lots more Mango inbred seed if I decide to look thru them again. Either way, I won't be discarding the clones of the 12ish week seedplants & I should have kept a cut of the jungly one, as she is coming on nicely after week 7/8 lol.

Last edited:

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Friends, drugs, and money- sometimes a dangerous mix. And now it's back with the show... Really great presentation of two of my favorites from the MNS stable. Thanks for the share Patrick. What ya gonna grow next? Cuz I'm looking forward to it. Cool runnin M

Lord Siva

Looking swell Pstar, I will keep my fingers crossed that u find a piffy one in that bunch. Just got done marathoning the past few months of your thread , seems like you have been pretty busy. I am glad it didnt come to blows with mr tight jeans. Hey i am wearing tight white jeans right now, oh wait, nope sorry just forgot to put pants on, its my skin. My winter legs are just that pale:p.

PatrickStar

Yup dangerous indeed! LaNina is one of my favorites to grow an smoke for a long time & this Mango looks to be a sativa treat :) The Mango #1 that I was jockin haaard for her early terps has developed a bit of a funk along the acrid lines as it dries. I hope it dries and cures to the uptown haze flavors that were BURSTING at ~9-10 weeks. UUUUUGGGGGHHHH. I really don't now what I have till I run them from clone lol. Next flower run starts next week. I'm running some OG work (5 female seedplants from OJD's "Triangke Kush x [Lemon Larry x (Chem Bx1)]" that I'll be inbreeding with their brothers. They are freebie testers so the thread will be over at IC. Also got 2 nice copies of the Mango #1 & 2 tiny copies of the ThunderStruck (1.5% to 1 to 0.1 - CBD to THC to THCV) I was gifted. Once the current Mangoes come down, I'll be cleaning up & moving the next round in. After that (and a little needed construction) I'll be looking thru my 21 females (8 LaNina, 4 Mk/Sk, 3 Mango inbred (4 if I reveg the most sativa one I flowered), 5 TK x LemChem) to find:
1. Practical Sativa (smoke that yields)
2. Commercial kickass (yields that smoke)
Once I have my selection(s), I'll be running more beans. So far there have been some GREAT seedplants :D I have Af/Hz, Spice, Nordle, MasterKaze & Sharkshock full packs here & I have lots more mango & maybe a half dozen each of the Mk/Sk & Lanina left. What I find from these clones will dictate what I look for (and thus run) the next run. I've wanted to run af/hz & shark like forever. Shark was part of my first seed order (during Bush presidency, lol) & it got substituted out & I'm still kinda let down.

Haha, white pants :p I like to tan haaaarrrddd in the summer & I'm genetically decedent from very pale very hard drinking relatively pink northern European people, so I like to try to get my "white shorts" in summer. Tan everywhere but the basketball short area, standing naked looks like I'm wearing white shorts on a tan body hahahahaha. Love the internet, a guy can sit around talking reefer all day & he don't even need pants! :D

PatrickStar

87 nights & show's over :) I would have liked to go longer, but these were starved to death & I had another round that was pretty much overvegged, so choppa loppa. The Lanina & Mango #1 came in heavy enough so I really don;t have to worry about squeezing any extra yield out of these. That said, I would have liked to have fed the Mangoes a little differently. Fed like I did on stretch, but kept drier. 1.4 total ec early/mid bloom is too hot. Shut off chems ~45 days, nitrogen, epsom & humic ~60. Last topdress was week 4/5. Should have kept light feeding till ~80 days & let these go to ~95-100 days.

Prechop. Mango #3 nearest door, #2 far in the corner, #4 in betwixt.

#3 AKA jungle plant that I never even took a clone of due to how fast she got so big. Flowers came on very fast & furious after week 7/8, so I'm revegging her. Blue/silver ;)

Mo...

Last edited:

PatrickStar

Mango #4 (next plant in as I chop thru the shrubberies). She needed at least another week, but looked like she would actually finish properly if I had run the food a lil longer. At some point the 3 gallon smartie just becomes a hydro style medium - no more nutes.

This top was squarmp'd up against the tent hee'ump

Mo...

Last edited:

PatrickStar

Haha RIP to the fungus gnat in the wacro above :D

Mango#2. Had fast & consistent resin production, but was the touchiest plant. She sat in the corner of the tent (#9position on a computer numberpad or #3on a phone) that got the least airflow & got overwatered early on. I compensated a few weeks in when I realized I wasn't helping her by soaking so often. Late bloom brought out the sativa funtime. She didn;t want to finish flowering, she was stretching between bracts & pushing fresh flower clusters even though starved out, backed off the light & on ~13 hour nights. Pushed a half dozen bananas from flower tops in the last 10 days. She also suffered the most of any plant in here of 'blowout'. Lowers with low resin, mucho green matter & looking like they are only 5-6 weeks into flower. I never had broadmites, but I could describe blowouts as 'duddish'. I've gotten it before from heatstress & using strong kelp /kelp products too late in bloom. Did nut dew that hurr...

That's a quaker oatmeal container next to the fluffieness. As touchy as this seedplant was, I'm pumped about running the clone. If I can tame her, lol.

Ok, smoke reports soon, I've been smokng on a good bit of the Lanina from offsite, LaNina #1 & Mango #1. Trying to see if any of them build a quick tolerance. So far yes & no, lol. Later taters

blowingupjake

Mothership Connection
Holy Sativa, man.
That mango is a line I must try! The close up on jungle plant had me drooling a little bit.

Sorry they starved on ya, I'm sure the clones will finish stronger now that you know how they like it;)

Looking forward to smoke reports.

Nice job Pat.

Happily hazed,
Jake

Last edited: