Mango Inbred & LaNina

PatrickStar

Ok, mu :)

Moment of silence for the Mango #3 clones. Seedplant wants 14++ weeks, I am gonna hold off on running these hazy thangs. Choppaloppa after the pic.

Juicy stuffs. ~52 days.

The LN I was calling chunky

The 'other chunky fast one'.

Same plant, tried to get a pic of resin & fade. Took that floppy piece leaning to the left off today. I'm almost outta smoke.

Mo...

PatrickStar

Most sativa dom lanina. I like this plant, I may reveg depending on how it smokes. Didn't take a cut cause I'm super cool & decided she has too much stem. May end up with some softball sized (and structured, get it? hardball...softball, lol) nugs from her.

Horrible pic of a sexy plant. Sexy LaNina. Looks like she will color if starved/chilled.

Blue Dream? Nope. Fastest Mango Inbred.

Resin from that plant.

Mangoes inbetween the super long flower & the towers of power

14++ weeker. Will be taking her down when the other 2 sativa dom mangoes are ready in ~4-5 weeks, not gonna light her by herself.

Mo...

PatrickStar

Cut a lil bit for smoke. This off the 'other chunky lanina'. Labeled #5 in my clones. Sweet & sour with a creamy citrus thing going on. Needs 7-10 more days. I love LaNina :D

Later fam :)

Last edited:

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Ya mon! Totally enraptured in the beauteousness though a bit exhausted from all the hyperventilating. I love the exotic Nina girl.

Patrick you be killin me man! Keep it up and see where that get's you hehe. :)

Hey brah, mahalo for the kaleidoscopic ride through the sticky resinous world flourishing within your "medicine cabinet"

Permanently subscribed without a doubt braddah :cool:

Aloha
M

PatrickStar

Hi lrv, thank you but I'm no master :p My dogs call me that, but not other growers, lol. I was blessed to be put on by someone who cared about quality & I have always focused on doing it well rather than doing it big. The masters are the guys who can step into any situation from 400w to 40k to a fenced 2acres & pound it out consistiently. I'm kind of proficient indoors in small-medium organic based grows. I'll get better ;)

Mu, thank you for the kindness about my kind :D LaNina is no joke. I had a clone years ago that was just the 'survivor' from a pack that I killed all the other females :p I did grow some males & make f2's with my clone, but they were emergency seeds & I put them between the rug & baseboard of a house I lived in 'justin case'. When I moved I remembered I never grabbed my seeds. Hope the carpet guys who find them in the future put them to good use :D Can't reccommend LaNina enough. Seems like 1/2 the plants are ready in 65 days or less & some of the long flower ones are uhhh-may-zing. I haven't come across any extreme sativas that require 14+ weeks, either. 2nd time doing lanina from seed & I bet there will be a 3rd time in my future :D

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Most came in 10-11 wks. 82 days for the outlier. Finishing up the very last of Nina #6 this morn. Hoarding the #4- it's that good. If I had to settle for one sat dom I know I would be more than happy with this variety/strain. It's that f*kng good. There I said it. Between that and the mango- can you say heaven? So there is my rational for the Mango Widow next run...

Cool runnin brah
M

deran

are ready in ~4-5 weeks
some look like they are just at half time, going maybe even 8 weeks

another Q: do you have a small microscope to inspect the trics? i ask, bc ive seen many unripe stigmas, so im curious about the trichome proportions at this point of time. clear : cloudy : amber .. u know what i mean, of course its all personal preference, im just curious

PatrickStar

mu, I can't wait to have LN & Mango in jars :D I dried a few 'so-shaded-they-are-not-green-more-white' flowerlets from the chunky Mango Hz, & I think I got something here. FIRST smell after a day in the ballast (waaaaaaayyyy unripe, un-lit lowers)? Uptown Haze. Uptown. uptownuptownuptown. The whole reason I started growing. I don't like the smells growing, but all 4 mango share the same smell & it wasn';t uptown haze till it was crispy dry on the ballast. Time will tell :cool:

deran, That text was sort of confusing. The plant pictured below the text you quoted was at ~50ish days & will need 50ish more days to finish. That's the longest flowering plant I have going. She won't get to run the whole 50 days, though. I have Mango Hazes in there that will go another 4-5 weeks, finishing in ~12weeks of 12/12 after ~2-3 mo veg from seed. No, I don;t have a scope, I like to judge by the overall plant hue (shiny silver, frosty white, golden, more than golden...). The piece I cut was at ~50ish days & needed 10-14 more. I'm outta smoke so it will do nicely to provide a base for my hash bowls for a while :)

I'm timing most of the LaNina to come down at ~63-65 days with the longer flower plant going to 11+ & the mangoes (2 practical ones & the tropical thing) coming down after that. The beefy structured Mango may be done 10-11 weeks.

sysadmin

How's that early bud toking? The offsite grow looks great even if a one timer--always go with the gut instinct though.

Great thread!

Lovely grow! i've just tumbled on it now and read it in one go( after a splif of MH...).
I curently have some MH f2 running at roughly the same stage as yours and that makes me all the more intrested to see what other peoples do and find with thoses.
Havent tryed LN yet, I love sativas and it seems this is a clear high type of plant from what I have read so far, might put it on my 2016 list...

Best wishes.

clouseau.

PatrickStar

Yup, sometimes they come a bit early ;) Sys, those early pieces got smoked up once they dried, lol. I been smoking the same dry sift & it was nice to have some indoor in my life, even if it was a lil (~10-14 days lil) early. Those nugs were creamy citrussy (mostly lemon lil orange & maybe pineapple?). Weak for a grower, but the smell turned heads & only the heavy smoker-non-growers who tried her were hitting a second bowl or joint as it went around. Nugs on that plant look kickass & ripe as of this week.

Inspector, I;m glad you 'found' your way here, hardy harhar. :p Feel free to drop off some of your Mango haze pics, as this thread is a little short on them, IMO. I started ~20 beans to get the 4 females I have. Not great germ %, a mutant, males & a freak female that I didn't flower equals only 4 ladies, lol. LaNina is a great smoke & a great grow. The high types range from sweat inducing sativa to head pounding indica. Most of the plants have a strong uplifting sativa dominant high. This run I got more indica leaning plants as a group than the first time, but still mostly 9-11 week ladies that are citrussy perfumey skunky at this point.

I made a new friend in bikini bottom & he blessed ol Patty with a 1.5 to 1 cbd dominant cut that was sourced from a pack of 'Thunderstruck', which is an ac/dc s1 seedline. Tests at ~25% total cannabinoids done living soil indoors & tests ~1.5% thcv :D :D :D Shoutout friend if you read this!

Ok, pics tonight, we are ~62ish nights. LaNina getting close. 1 plant ready freddy, 1 more just about there, 2 more need less than a week. Mangoes need 2-4 more weeks for the practical hazes & the hazy one is an impractical jokerette

PatrickStar

Very nice, Clouseau :D The indoor one is a fatty & love seeing haze hybrids stack up early flower outdoors. Liftoff! Keep pics coming. I have pics, but most of the good ones will be of LaNina for a bit :p

Ok, pics. ~65-66 days or so. 1 LaNina could have been pulled before today & another 2 are ripe as of today. 1 more needs a few days, & will get it. Last water was today for 4 plants. Chopping 4 of 5 LaNina right on 10 weeks of 12/12.

Ok,first is a pic from a week ago. I didn't want to take a sample of the Sativa dom LaNina 3 weeks early, but I saw a nanner. Only one I've seen in the garden, but I can't see shit past the front 1/3 or the top of the canopy or under the canopy. I haven't seen seeds forming around the circulation fans, so I think I'm good.

Uncured smoke was phenomenal. buds smelled of sweet cedar/rosemary & left the piffypiff in the air after smoking. Talking about coming into a room a half hour after smoking with cicrulation fans going & the grow tent slowly scrubbing the air over a 1 floor 2 bedroom space & it still smells like lent ;) 2 hit strong, too.

Gangsta Lean.

Carpet o LaNina buds front left of tent.

Lanina mostly left side of tent.

Looking from front left to back right across the middle of the tent. Mangoes on the right & in the way back.

Looking to the right at the Mangoes. Told you there was a Lanina that was ready ready, lol.

Looking kinda down the middle.

Mo...

PatrickStar

Pics of LaNina.

Labeled #1, I didn't take clones of this one. I will probably at least start her on a reveg, but I think I may have my haze in the Mangoes, more on that later....

#2 AKA Sexy LN. Fastest of the bunch, I took a sample top ~58 days & it was pretty much mature & relatively dense.

#3 AKA the fast chunky one. Just about ripe.

Mo...

PatrickStar

LaNina #4, kinda sativa, lives under the bulb middle of 9 plants in a grid. Thin frosty buds eeeeevery where. Veg structure of #4 clones is sooo sexy, but she will have to give up better budstructure from clone to make the cut. Speaking of cut, the LaNina I loved & lost was between this one & the sexy #2 LaNina.

LaNina #5. AKA the other fast chunky one. Was chunky for sure, but not so fast. I cut the food to this one & the above pictured #4 a little too early. This one looks to be the yielder & the early sample I pictured trimmed up last week was not hay, but was early. We'll see from clone.

Mo...

PatrickStar

All of the Mangoes were on the same drought stress package as the Lanina. For ~7 full weeks, I was on a "3 quart soak; Nothing for a day; 1 quart top sprinkle; repeat" watering schedule. I've been on a "1 gallon soak; wait a day; wait a day; 1 quart top drizzle; repeat" schedule. the first schedule produced just a drizzle of runoff, the second gives me 10-15%. I've also been nitrogen free for 2 weeks. The Mangoes got 1/2 teaspoon fish hydrolysate with 1/8 teaspoon epsom & a drop of molasses today & I'll feed them that for a week or so till I run them out after that like I did the LN.

Blah blah blah. Mango Haze Inbred #1. Kicking ass & looking like my chosen SSH cut. A fully shaded piece of larf flash dried 4 weeks early smelled just like the uptown 20's of days gone by. Where have you gone Mayor Dinkins?!?!?! I'm just a little bit excited for this one, I've already given a few fresh cuts to the guy who hooked up the AC/DC clones. You can see a top from MHi#3 wrapped up on the BIG MHi#1 toptop.

This is a top that is waaaay out of the light & ripening up fat & funky. There are a few of these under the LaNina blanket. Seriously, if this keeps it;s terp profile & vigor & budstructure thru clone runs, it may be my grail plant. ~15-20 days to go with this one.

Mo...

PatrickStar

Mango #2 under lit (& as a result a lil burned before I starved her) in the corner. There are a few arms of this one leaning out into the footprint that will become photograhable (weird word, not a word?) once I harvest the LaNina.

Mango #3, on the takeover. All the Mangoes have the same similar woody nutty musky smell. Not what I would call 'typical' of the best hazes, but my experience is very limited to SSH, LaNina, a few 25% hazes & a few 'not haze but tropical sativa' hybrids. I'm usually delighted by leather and incence or astringent citrus or flowery delight. These Mangoes smell VERY much like a few SSH f2's I've done & as I remember it, they were generally the ones I liked least of the selections & had no resemblance to uptown/pif. I hope I'm proven to be a stubborn starfish & these are all pif lol.

The above 2 plants look like they want 3++ weeks, well see how long I take them. This one wants a lot longer, but she will come when the other ones come unless I have the free time to setup somewhere else to finish her off. Not likely, I have to find a clone, my time in this time zone is limited ;)

Mango #4. Wispy & unlit.

This may be the chunkiest, ripest piece in there.

Ok fam, I'm out, been on this here puter for like an hour and a half & its past my bedtime :p