Mango Haze - Indoor Organic Coco LED

#8 sure looked like a girl to me. But if it's a boy it's a late flowering one, which is a good thing IMO. I've been wanting to try the focus stack trick...you have it mastered!

@Marcus_in_the_Darkus I was pretty certain it would be a girl as well! @Islandgrower I saw some pretty clear male parts the other day and no pistils anywhere. when I double checked for resin comparisons #8 was the spikey one but no pistils!! Will snap a shot or two of the male floral clusters that are starting next time I have a chance.

Mango Haze #2 male flowers - extreme macro 😳

For the macro geeks the first tow pics are on the Canon 65mm macro mp-e 1-5x lens shot at 5x magnification(as close up as it will shoot!!). These were shot handheld. Hard to get the subject in the frame exactly how you like but these two turns out nice! The final photos is around 2x to 3x magnification.

D4443A57-92DD-44A5-A752-5796C05DFE82.jpeg
CA0EA97D-B76F-4AF3-B51C-2306E056A116.jpeg
E57D2A88-8BEB-4F90-BAD1-E5D5F0DED57E.jpeg

Last one for the day. Here’s a thin stem from Mango Haze 2, at 5x magnification. Definitely less resin than his dead brother MH8 but there is resin there. This could also be one of the sections I’ve been rubbing a bunch. Stem rub smell is intoxicating 😍, definitely plenty of resin on my fingers 😂.
78D75901-ECFF-4E2D-9FB1-1950278B79C1.jpeg

So I decided today (technically yesterday now) was the day I show the garden some love!! I could tell the children were getting hungry (especially Mango Haze #1, Mango Haze #5 and the two pink Kush). So I got a nice compost tea brewing a couple days ago and let the medium dry out a bit.

I learned more than a couple lessons from my Super Silver Haze grow and some came in to play today!

This grow I left quite a bit of room at the top of each pot for their mid flower top dressing + a little fresh coco to be mixed in. I found last grow the top dressing mix (without any fresh coco added) didn’t mix in well with the older medium below it and created a hard almost clay-like layer. Not to mention I didn’t have much room in each pot for the top dressing because I filled them practically right to the top at the start of last grow! This layer made watering a little more difficult and provided an environment that the gnats (or small flies of some sort) loved.

So today all the plants got topdressed with some worm castings, 2-8-4 bloom dry ammendments, dolomite lime and fresh coco. Once that was added to the pots I got it all inoculating by wetting it with dechlorinated water. I then finished it off by giving them a healthy sized drink of the compost tea.

While I was in there getting my hands dirty I decided to raise the light! It is now almost as high as it can go because I wanted to bump up the intensity on the dimmer and make sure these buds get as plump as possible over the coming weeks. I also got the feminized off brand “zkittlez” transplanted in to a 2 gallon fabric pot.

When I checked on the garden a couple hours later the children were praying and I was left feeling quite accomplished! Now we wait and see if I timed and measured it all properly. Hoping they run out of food at the proper time will get a nice fade!!

Ps: I shot some nice baby bud photos earlier of every Mango Haze and Shark Shock plant and they’re all edited. Will get the MH ones posted in here later today. They are uploaded in the media section already, for this if you that simply can’t wait!! 😆

Today was the day… RIP (male) Mango Haze #2. 😢

He has been dropping pollen for a few days and exploded with additional pollen sacks over the last couple days. I lifted him over top of the females and gave him a good shake. A fair amount of pollen visibly went into the air and fell over top each plant.

Then I chopped the floral clusters / pollen sacks off and put them in a jar. The jar is currently in a dry dark cool place with the lid off. Going to give it a few days to a week, then shake up the jar (with a lid on) and hopefully extract a bunch of extra pollen . Then plan to use a q-tip to manually place pollen all over a few bud sites on each plant. I don’t need a lot of bud from each plant cause I really don’t smoke THAT much. But I want to make sure I get a decent number of seeds from each plant in case I fall in love with any and have trouble reveging her!
F1C8B65F-0476-44E0-8891-3CCFB129ED4B.jpegIf If I get enough pollen I will try and store some “long term” so I have the option of backcross some of his best children.

Today was the day… RIP (male) Mango Haze #2. 😢

He has been dripping pollen for a few days and exploded with pollen sacks over the last couple days. I lifted him over top of the females and gave him a good shake. A far amount of pollen visibly went into the air over
top each plant.

Then I chopped the floral clusters / pollen sacks off and put them in a jar. The jar is currently in a dry dark cool place with the lid off. Going to give it a few days to a week, then shake up the jar (with a lid on) and hopefully extract a bunch of extra pollen . Then plan to use a q-tip to manually place pollen all over a few bud sites on each plant. I don’t need a pot of bud from each plant I really don’t smoke THAT much, but I want to make sure I get a decent number of seeds from each plant in case I fall in love with any, but have trouble reveging!
View attachment 61235If I get enough pollen I will try and store some “long term” so I can have the option to back cross some of his best children from the next run.
I would sift out the plant matter the moisture from the flowers can destroy the pollen.

Pics from earlier today. Day 29 of flower. Higher quality uploads in my media.

Mango Haze 1
BD20884E-ABBA-46E5-8AC4-FF73FF4A0AD8.jpeg

Mango Haze 5
CB89049F-2201-46DB-B8F6-60AF3F2B2C77.jpeg

Mango Haze 7
She’s the tallest of the gals and has the least developed buds. She’s not photo worthy or ready at the moment. She seems to be demanding a transplant to a larger pot. Leaves are light, light green, I’m thinking she’s a bit root bound. Going to transplant her to a bigger pot and let her show me everything she’s got over the next few weeks.. hopefully I don’t regret letting this monster get even bigger 😳

Last edited:
Photo update on the mangos. Pics taken yesterday - Day 37 of flower.

I thought for a day or two Mango Haze #1 had a cal mag issue. After some research (and looking back on my SSH grow) I’m about 90% sure it’s light burn from trying to increase the intensity too far. Intensity is down to 7/10 on the LED.

Mango 7 looks like she might only be half way, what do ya think?

MH1
58400AB6-11AF-4201-972C-2D2EA7010DD4.jpeg

MH5
86DDA400-6C28-449B-8C62-8D21878D109E.jpeg
7E473245-481B-46B5-AB85-DEB18E75276A.jpeg

MH7
05C1E6EB-2251-4623-B150-74C7210D675D.jpeg

They are looking good @TGTDE!
Some nice frost already and indeed #7 is going the slowest in development, she has nice long pistils.:love:

Back