Mango Haze - Indoor Organic Coco LED

So… my attempt at clones were an epic fail. My friend found plants elsewhere, I’ll most likely be revegging any gems. Having major trouble keeping the room at a decent temp ruined the clones.. + overwatering and I think them not being an ideal size from the get go. I have to add a space heater but I hate the idea of a space heater running while people sleep, and I’m not reliable enough to turn it off every night… I guess I could just use my second outlet timer for it.. problem sorta solved for room temp… moving on!!

Text update for now. Will throw up a bunch of photos from the last couple weeks eventually!

I FINALLY got these plants transplanted in to 2 and 3 gallon fabric pots with a fresh mix of coco, worm castings, perilite, a 50/50 split of Gia Greens All Purpose 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 Bloom dry ammendments + some dolomite lime.

I have been struggling to keep the room / closet a decent temp and I think the plants are underdeveloped for their age due to that+ the fact they could have used a compost tea 10 days ago and a transplant a week ago..

I did give them a couple waterings with liquid nutes (GH Trio at half strength) to try and prevent them from becoming super malnuroished. I knew I had no time to transplant / brew a compost tea so we cheated with a little bit of liquid nutes.. but the goal never was to go full organic so I’m not too frazzled.

The Mango Haze all have 4 main tops and at least one other site I left for a potential clone to be taken once they’re sexed. In case I learn how to clone in the meantime 😂.

One Mango Haze showed male preflowers and two other Mango Haze were extremely under developed.. they all got the axe.. RIP Mango Haze #3, #4, and #6. Mango Haze #1 and #5 are the current two front runners in the tent.. praying at least one is female.. considering making seeds if either is a

The Shark Shock all have 2 main tops and I left a clone site on most of them…

Im hopeful these plants will bounce back in 3-4 days and I can get them in to flower and sexed asap!! Im running out of space!

No Fruity smells yet from any plants but we are still in veg 🤞… There are some significant differences in the smells between certain plants, some similar to the Super Silver Haze, but no cat piss smells yet..

So… my attempt at clones were an epic fail. My friend found plants elsewhere, I’ll most likely be revegging any gems. Having major trouble keeping the room at a decent temp ruined the clones.. + overwatering and I think them not being an ideal size from the get go. I have to add a space heater but I hate the idea of a space heater running while people sleep, and I’m not reliable enough to turn it off every night… I guess I could just use my second outlet timer for it.. problem sorta solved for room temp… moving on!!

Text update for now. Will throw up a bunch of photos from the last couple weeks eventually!

I FINALLY got these plants transplanted in to 2 and 3 gallon fabric pots with a fresh mix of coco, worm castings, perilite, a 50/50 split of Gia Greens All Purpose 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 Bloom dry ammendments + some dolomite lime.

I have been struggling to keep the room / closet a decent temp and I think the plants are underdeveloped for their age due to that+ the fact they could have used a compost tea 10 days ago and a transplant a week ago..

I did give them a couple waterings with liquid nutes (GH Trio at half strength) to try and prevent them from becoming super malnuroished. I knew I had no time to transplant / brew a compost tea so we cheated with a little bit of liquid nutes.. but the goal never was to go full organic so I’m not too frazzled.

The Mango Haze all have 4 main tops and at least one other site I left for a potential clone to be taken once they’re sexed. In case I learn how to clone in the meantime 😂.

One Mango Haze showed male preflowers and two other Mango Haze were extremely under developed.. they all got the axe.. RIP Mango Haze #3, #4, and #6. Mango Haze #1 and #5 are the current two front runners in the tent.. praying at least one is female.. considering making seeds if either is a

The Shark Shock all have 2 main tops and I left a clone site on most of them…

Im hopeful these plants will bounce back in 3-4 days and I can get them in to flower and sexed asap!! Im running out of space!

No Fruity smells yet from any plants but we are still in veg 🤞… There are some significant differences in the smells between certain plants, some similar to the Super Silver Haze, but no cat piss smells yet..
Aaaahhh the dreaded cloning . Main thing keep it simple . Few things that should always be done .
Ensure a node is in the medium . Try to have at least three nodes on the cutting above the soil/rockwool/plug . No need to trim the leaf tips. Everything else is extra.

if you put clones in a jar of water making sure the bottom of the clones are always less than 1 to 2 cm from the water surface (top up the water every 5 days or so), and, that they are getting enough light you should be seeing consistent results

i figured out the 1cm from the surface thing a few months ago with the jars at the bottom of the tent. then, after putting a bunch of clones/jars outside of the tent and getting hardly any roots, i realized they needed to be in the tent because the light was not enough. now it is consistent rooting

i save juice bottles etc with narrow-ish openings and take clones with long stems, put 2-4 into a bottle as a bunch and trim them accordingly until they are all less than 1-2 cm from the water surface

Bottom left corner of the photo above is a feminized Zkittlez. The two small ones in the center ( second row from the bottom) are feminized Pink Kush.

The pink Kush are going to a family members soon to be grown outdoors. They love the strain for the medicinal effect with their anxiety. Hoping these have similar effect to the dispensary version they’ve been using and will save them some $.

I agree with everything Islandgrower said. I would like to add to that. Sanitize! When taking cuttings do as instructed above but make sure you wash your hands. Use hand sanitizer or alcohol on your hands and if you wear gloves sanitize those after you put them on. Wash and sanitize your cutting tool, preferably a single edge razor blade. Cut your desired clone at a 45 degree angle between the third and forth node of the host plant. Put into a glass of water immediately. If you move on to a new host plant to take cuttings from use a new blade that has been washed and sanitized along with your hands/gloves. DO NOT use the same blade on a new host plant as it could spread disease or pests. Use rooting gel to dip the cutting in before you put into whatever medium you choose. I suggest rockwool as it is inert and I have had great success with it. Again sterilize EVERYTHING!!! Any questions PM me.
In the words of our illustrious Founder. . .

All the Best!

So they're all looking quite awesome and handled the transplant quite well as of this evening. The closet has been flipped to 12/12 and we will hopefully, soon known how many boys and girls we are working with.

On a side note every time I break open some bud from my Super Silver Haze grow and find a gorgeous little seed or two it gets me far too excited. Despite only being a pollen chucker at best at this time, I really do like the idea of attempting to breed a somewhat stable cross or even simply a more in-bread line from phenos I've selected for my preferences. I'm about certain that I'm going to be using my favourite male (or two) to get some more Mango Haze and Shark Shock seeds and likely a cross or two. Assuming I have a pheno or two that I like from this current Mango / Shark run I will probably next explore some of the seeds I end up with from this upcoming pollination attempt for the next run I decide to start.

There's also the chance if my revegging attempt works that I'm planning I may try and get some pollen from clones of my best females from this run and try and do some feminized pollen chucking... the thought of that takes me from six to midnight to be honest!! :ROFLMAO:. I don't really have the space, time or expertise to be playing around with all these males!

I used use clonex and always had around a 70% success rate and in some occasions 0% success .

In 2017 I focused on cloning and perfected my method, for over 2 years I got
95% - 100% consistently , 100 % organic .
I use Azos from extreme gardening.
You can use it when potting up aswell and plants love it in early stages of veg . It is a nitrogen fixing bacteria .

I believe it encourages the plant to produce more of its own hormones that encourage root development.

I also begin with sterilised equipment and I use isopropyl alcohol to keep everything clean.

Hopefully soon I will show you guys my method .

Respect 👍

For those of you following my Shark Shock thread you’re probably wondering where my Mango Haze preflower photos are… well I just took the photos and they’ll be uploaded shortly. I must say, we are all in for a treat! These ones turned out pretty freaking killer from the previews on the back of the camera 😍

If you’re bored feel free to vote on each plant what you think it is by leaving a reaction.
(y) = Female
:( = Male

Yes there are a couple obvious ones. Ps we’re down to 5 Mango Haze plants!!

Mango Haze #1 (focus stacked a few pics)

F7B79458-3E84-4A9D-B061-FF2E4AA6BCE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Some Mango Haze leaves
4F991546-AF9F-4E77-A009-FEC49EC39A7F.jpeg

Final sex results

Mango Haze #1 - Female
Mango Haze #1 - Male
Mango Haze #5 - Female
Mango Haze #7 - Female
Mango Haze #8 - Male

Mango Haze #8 looks like he’ll be the stud that gets to impregnante the rest of the closet.

I’m not going to kill off Mango Haze #2 just yet. Likely take a few more macro photos of each to double check resin production as well as see how “tight” the floral clusters on each are before making a final decision.

I’m a fan of all three remaining Mango Haze females. Excited to watch each develop further.

CB6B6572-6511-4593-A17B-238DEDBED50F.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided the time is now to compare them further.

It looks like the deciding factor is going to be the stem rub! Mango Haze #2 is probably the fruitiest smelling plant in the closet at this point. Fruity and/or sweet smelling/tasting happens to be the main trait I’m selecting for (aside from effect). I checked out the resin on both stems and they’re surprisingly similar, as is leaf shape. Still not killing either just yet, want to see what the floral clusters look like over the next week. At the moment it looks like MH#2 will have tighter, denser clusters.

MH#2 Leaf
36AE8A20-FC18-4FE3-B054-0A0B02DE662F.jpeg

MH#8 Leaf

80C05952-8877-4262-8A31-C0F073BFDFDB.jpeg

Decided the time is now to compare them further.

It looks like the deciding factor is going to be the stem rub! Mango Haze #2 is probably the fruitiest smelling plant in the closet at this point. Fruity and/or sweet smelling/tasting happens to be the main trait I’m selecting for (aside from effect). I checked out the resin on both stems and they’re surprisingly similar, as is leaf shape. Still not killing either just yet, want to see what the floral clusters look like over the next week. At the moment it looks like MH#2 will have tighter, denser clusters.

MH#2 Leaf
View attachment 60865

MH#8 Leaf

View attachment 60866
It looks like the mh2 leaf will lean more sativa seeing the lighter green however she does appear to have a broader leaflet at this point if I am seeing correctly.

Back