hi to all and welcome to Nevil on the forum.

Welcome back Shanti! Welcome to the forums Nevil! I look forward to reading posts from both of you...

peace,

Element420
 
Thanks for the welcome

It's humbling to read the kind words of welcome. I like to think that I am in some way connected to every one who continues to work with the lines that descend from my original work. But before any of us get too vain, we should remember that we all stand on the shoulders of those who went before us.

My interests of late can best be described as esoteric and therefore, I'm probably going to disappoint most of you. I know what I like to smoke and I haven't seen much new for quite some time, so what remains is to grow the best, better! I've done most of my growing hydroponically and I've only ever used one hydroponic fertiliser mix. I've won quite a few cups with this method of growing, which was born out of necessity (prohibition/ living in Holland).
What remains is to work with nature to get the best out of the genetics that so many of us have put so much work into.

To work with nature we have to understand it's laws, and these are poorly understood. We are taught to understand nature and particularly agriculture/horticulture, through the lens of chemistry and not to knock chemistry, it has taken us far. But there is much more going on. Other forces that we know of are electricity, magnetism and gravity and who really understands those! And then we go deeper down the rabbit hole.

Let me tell you a story. It's a true story.
In 1980, in a land far far away, a young man (me) was looking at unravelling the mysteries of life and I thought that the pyramids of Egypt would be a good place to start. Not having the money to go there, but nevertheless being curious about the effects attributed to pyramids, I decided to make one. I found a book in English on how to make the Cheops pyramid to scale. It was made of cardboard and sticky tape, but the measurements had to be very precise. I aligned the faces of the pyramid to the poles and placed a glass of milk under the pyramid at where the kings chamber would be. As a control, I got a cardboard box of roughly the same dimensions and put a glass of milk in that too. After nine days, I removed both glasses. The milk in the box had done exactly what you would expect. It was rotten.
The glass under the pyramid was completely different. It had evaporated at a phenomenal rate. Half the volume was gone. What remained had set, kind of like junket ( stuff from the olden days a bit like jelly ). If you took a spoonful out, there was a hole (like jelly). No bacteria or mold had taken hold and it was still an even white colour. I tasted it, it was sweet and somehow creamier than the original milk. I'm sure that science is still at a loss how to explain this. It was a paradigm changing moment for me. Before this you could say that I had a rigid mindset.

I've grown plants hydroponically for 25 years at more than hobby level. I've also bred Koi Carp in recirculation systems, usually keeping about 3000 kg of fish at any time, for about 8 years. I've used Ozone equipment, protein skimmers and massive biological filters so I've had occasion to ponder the subject of water quality. There is good water and bad water, but what makes the difference? I've tried Grander water (didn't work) and tried to glean what I could from Callum Coats/ Victor Schauburger.
Most of you will have seen Dr Masaru Emoto's water crystals.
The bottom line seems to be, the structure of the water determines the quality. Bad water is made up of large clusters of molecules containing impurities. This water does not hydrate very well because the large clusters cannot penetrate the cells semi-permeable membranes. Good water hydrates very well because it is made up of water with small clusters and easily penetrates cell walls.
Schauburger postulates that nature rejuvenates water by making use of vortexes (hurricanes, whirlpools etc.)
In order to test these ideas, I've set up a couple of vortexes in a small fish pond using plastic bottles. One vortex going clockwise and draining into the other going anticlockwise which then goes through a Water Vortex Magnetiser.
Theory: The spinning water causes water to go back to it's pristine state reducing molecule size and causing impurities to precipitate out.
(The Water Vortex Magnetizer utilises Magnetohydrodynamics. By treating the water magnetically, this effects the ionisation process. By reversing the polarity of the ions at the molecular level, it reduces surface tension and inhibits growth of bacteria.
Making use of Magnets, Six ultra-powerful cylindrical neodymium magnets are aligned in a rapid field reversing array. The magnets are mounted in a hexagonal configuration based on sacred geometry’s master secret, the “Vesica Piscis”. We believe that the six powerful magnets combine with the vortex implosion energy to restructure the water into a more structured state. The shape of the Water Vortex Magnetizer spiral follows the harmonic spiral space curve.) So they say!
But I have noticed a big difference. Good water's got sparkle! Too subjective I hear you say. Good water hydrates, I throw old lettuce and suchlike in the pond that I get cheaply from the super market, for my Guinea Pigs. It swells up super crisp, compared to the same lettuce in a bucket of tap water. Still not convinced?
I did a test, One mason jar with Triticale (cross between oats and barley), barely covered in tap water and one with triticale and pond water. I sealed the jars and put them in a dark cupboard for three weeks. I wanted to see how anaerobic bacteria would deal with the 2 different types of water.
The jar with tap water and triticale sprouted but died off quickly. I did the sniff test. My sister who was my witness was ROFLOL when she saw my face twist in disgust at the smell (women are so easily amused). Putrid, just as I expected.
The jar with the revitalised pond water also sprouted and died, but grew considerably bigger. But what blew me away was that the top of the grain/water was covered in mycellial mat. It had stopped growing but was not dead. When I opened the jar it smell like fungus and the grain was much better preserved. Anaerobic bacteria did not get a look in. I know, it's not a perfect test, but it does prove something. In any case, you can only prove it to yourselves. You-tube has a lot of videos about making water vortexes with plastic bottles. The Water Vortex Magnitiser cost $29 US.
After I had done all this I came across Dan Winters Imploder. It does the same thing, 2 opposing vortexes and an array of neodymium magnets. His costs $750 US, mine about $30., but his works on the tap while mine needs a pump.
see: http://blip.tv/file/3881182/
and http://blip.tv/file/3881270/

Most will find Dan Winter confusing, as I do, but I know that he is on the right track because of my own experiments. It seems worth exploring to me.
 
! I've done most of my growing hydroponically and I've only ever used one fertiliser mix.

Does this mean you have only used fertilizer once? Or is their only one type of fert you use all the time?

What are you filling your pipe/bong/joint with?
 
Last edited:
Great first post, Nevil! :D
Your experiements with water are interesting, and I look forward to hearing more about your ideas regarding the physical world (or other worlds, if you so choose), particularly in relation to growing the "sacred weed" (naturally).
It's funny, just last night I was looking desirously at fish farming and vegetable (or whatever) growing setups http://www.autopot.com.au/default.aspx?PageID=131056d3-eaab-4e08-88d9-621d98874672 , and maybe the water purifying vortex is the missing link in this design, as they seem to use a huge quantity of water (although they claim no wastage; any excess could be fed back into the fish tanks via the vortex purifier, along with newly added water that replenishes the system, possibly from a de-humidifier in the greenhouse).
Some questions. What is the effect of aeration and light on the operation of the vortex? Could nutrients be added at around that stage for more perfect mixing? And have you ever tried something akin to pyramid power to grow plants? (although it would need to be some kind of generative, rather than a preservative energy, I guess)
Best wishes :)

Edit: ok, now I'm watching the videos some questions are being answered :D
 
Last edited:
hello Nevil,

have a mate that travels to Israel to buy Koi as a business has done for years.
Cool fish and cheap in comparison to the Japanese Koi, some beautiful colours and patterns which determine the price "ouch!".
I used to keep Discuss "had them breading" at one stage, moody feckers lol.

I think I have seen the same thing with the water, possibly here or another forum cant remember. Have you a side by side comparison in picture form of plants, with this being used?.

So tell us?, what have you and the Shanti fella been up too?.

Whats cook'n, show and tell lol.:eek:




#
 
Nevil its a honer to have a little bit of your knowledge here for everyone to pick through. i like your thoughts on the water vortex theory a lot. i used to breed fish not just koi i also had a selection of other fish including some wild specimens from local ponds that were gathered as eggs to go in a natural pond i made. anyway the vortex filters have for years been one of the best filters for cleaning fish ponds and helping to keep your fish in good health. as most people know fish need a good quality water to stay healthy and a live. for water quality to keep your fish healthy you dont get much better or expensive than vortex filters. if fish like it then who am i to argue about the quality it makes. fish are the water experts we use to test pollution in water after all. just like the old canary to test air. nature is always trying to tell us things most we just dont see because were looking to close. so thanks for the info and reminding me to sometime step back and wait to see the answer in a total different way if that makes sense.:)
 
Interesting, it was your hydro that won the cups. I bet the organic farmers get a kick out of that. LOL Now I gotta consider water more closely! :D
 
Hello Nevil, i'd just like to ask, when you say you know what you like to smoke, and Havant seen anything new for quite some time. Why is that? Is it because people don't go into the wild to find undiscovered or little know land races to breed with. While instead breeding already worked strains, often yours id suppose. And one other thing, surely land races genetics are in a constant state of change and evolution, adapting to an ever changing climate, on a micro scale and in broader terms. surly this means that there are new/ different things out there,please dont say no? a line of landraces genetics that was worked with say 30 or 40 years ago could have changed in adapting to a new climate to the one it was in when it was first worked. i might be asking a stupid question here, but the stupidest one is the one not asked. thanks wave
 
welcome nevil, hope you settle in well. Can't describe how much your first post was a surprise, but more so right up my street. I'm more taken with growing than i am with genetics, and I also have a hydro design (using water as a medium) that I'm trying to get off the ground at the minute. I also have really bad water, lol. Feel free to get in touch. I think there are areas of my work that could use this.....
Peace
BL
 
Last edited:
Nevil, do you feel that the approaching galactic alignment, which some argue will reshift the earths magnetic fields, will have a negative effect overall on earths flora because of the fields effects on the water which feeds the plants?
Edit- Also do you think water can be bubbled too much? A grower friend brought this theory up and I have been unable to figure out what negative effects too much O2 would have, perhaps you could address this.?
 
Last edited:
Welcome, I thought you was already here (goes to show what I know), just busy with other things like Shanti. Nice to meet you Nevil, for a wise guy you sure have been quite for sometime where have you been then :P.
 
surly this means that there are new/ different things out there,please dont say no?

I'm always hoping, but I'm pretty sure that you are not going to find some land race variety that will compare with modern strains. Without selective breeding for taste and high, the strain is going to develope according to what enhances survival, often that's a nasty high to stop predation.
Thailand still had the best weed in the world in the 70's, but prohibition caused the dedicated breeders to move on to something else and the money makers moved in. Where are they now?
 
Nevil, do you feel that the approaching galactic alignment, which some argue will reshift the earths magnetic fields, will have a negative effect overall on earths flora because of the fields effects on the water which feeds the plants?
Edit- Also do you think water can be bubbled too much? A grower friend brought this theory up and I have been unable to figure out what negative effects too much O2 would have, perhaps you could address this.?

There are many theories concerning the galactic alignment. I like the expanding sun theory. Last year there was a crop circle showing the sun expanding to envelope the earth. It seems to explain the deep underground bases they are building. I wouldn't worry too much. All you can do is follow your passion and raise your vibration and let the Universe take care of it's children.

Can't aerate water too much.
N.
 
Hi Nevil,

Thnx so very much for the GREAT knowledge you want to share with all of us !!!
I'm sertainly going to try that "cheap way" of your vortex...
If I ever find out how to use it for little bigger amount of water ;)

And I agree " try to grow the best even better " !!!

Have a NICE smoke,

Peace
 
I will be popping some Nev's Skunk seeds in your honor tonight.

I am hoping you coming out of exile will send some energy to one of your name-sakes. I will be popping them within 24 hours of your first post so the energy will be ripe for the picking if it is indeed there ...

Nev's Skunk is Nev's Haze crossed with an Afghan Skunk that Shanti got from old seed stock from the 80's you had given him. It is fantastic stuff, if you haven't had the pleasure of trying. I think Shanti hit it out of the park with this one! Fantastic.

I am on y'all's La Nina at the moment. Have you tried that one? It is my favorite for social and playing improv blues-rock on stage.

Have you tried all of the Mr Nice strains?

Are you still actively breeding or are you planning on making some new hybrids?

You and Shanti got and joint projects rolling that you are excited about? If not, have any planned? :D

Thanks!
 
How 'bout some basics , eh?


What is your favorite hydroponic set up and nutrients?
Whats your favorite smoke?
What do you think about feminized seeds?
What do you think about the modern cannabis seed industry in general?


hope others add more...

Thanks for your time Nevil.
 
Gday Nev what can i say mate but i am humbled and very happy and pleased to see you finally back i am lost for wards i logged back on line after almost a week and i see the pillars of the cannabis community shaken by your arrival.

There are 2 people in this community i respect very highly 1 is shanti 2 is you Nev i look forward to reading lorning and getting to know the man they call the king of cannabis i know you don't see your self as such and you only see your self as a lover of this plant but the reality is Nev we have much to be thank full for that you did so thank you.
 
I too am humbled... You brought so much to us. Very interesting stories you tell, as well as Dan Winters videos. It makes sense, I like it alot! Would love to go deeper
 
Back
Top