Grail: The Ultimate Haze Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a quick play with your photo so I could upload it here.

This is similar to how the Thai I had grew, I just picked all the calyxes off the plant and smoked those, the rest went in the trash.

Attachments

• dscn0479.jpg
    dscn0479.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 150
- Am I a fucken Braggodoccio or what?

That MMMG shit tastes like orange musk

the MMWW - berries soaked in Zoidfuel

The OWW is muscatel au limon

it's a Black Thai event

:)

Bushweed you certainly are a cocky character :rolleyes:

Looks like you have got a few goodies to put on the table.

Orange musk/Berries soaked in Zoidfuel/muscatel au limon... all you need now is the Duck! and you will have a meal fit for a king.

I think Nevil Knows where to find one tasty bird :D

Regards BP

The mind draws to us what we focus on/think/visualise the most.
Some people understand me. I used the same technique to get out of jail. Against all odds, it worked. I used the same tek when I started The Seed Bank.
I still haven't smoked the pure MM. I'm told it's a bitch to grow, but the 25%NL in the NH will give us some usable plants. If we get some real difficult ones, we'll give them to Hempy. He seems to have the "slow hand" that these girls are looking for.

I'm visualising a '60s, '70s type Thai, like I smoked in Thailand in '76 with a few Thai boys in a bamboo hut on the beach. I managed 3 tokes, which impressed the hell out those boys. It smelled of dark leather, without a hint of fuel. It almost gave you asthma, meaning that it wasn't easy to smoke. I remember the calyxes being large but the bud was somewhat sparse. I used to sell similar Thai in stick form in '73, '74. 20 sticks in a bundle. Those sticks weren't compressed like most sticks were. It was too good for that.
N.

That Thai sounds rather special.

I think Africa is probably the place to find quality like that these days. Thailand, Mexico and Colombia are destroyed in terms of original genepools.

hi BH, bro i dont think colombia has lost the original genepool, in fact i belive its still pure, im from venezuela, in 2005 i smoked some mango biche, it was semi briked weed whit some seeds. the high was out of this world, full poetry happines, extreme psyquedelyc. havent smoke anything like that never again.

there is a recent article in the cañamo magazine from spain, about charley garcia( one of the breeders of cannabiogen) making a trip to colombia a finding the originals mango biche, puto rojo and another one i cant remember, i have the magazine gona scan the pics as soon i buy a scanner.

be safe!

saludos a todos!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited:
To me the grail has more significance than just a top sativa line it has started to bring together this once divided community i finally see unity forming.

You know, Hempy & I have had our differences in the past, but I've gotta say: you've hit it right on the head with this one, my friend. There has been a pleasant change in the atmosphere around here lately, and much of it has to do with Nevil's positive influence.

Of course, there is the secondary factor, too... Nothing brings the true stoners together like the search for a great Haze!

hi all you know the one thing that has come out of this all ready with out even 2 plants being breed together as yet or even with out any selection of any of the lines is UNITY- COMMON INTEREST- and a FOCUS that has been missing in the cannabis community well the online cannabis community for a very long time.

I my self lost a lot of respect for the community years ago in fact in 2004 only 2 years after logging in i thort this is a fucken joke all i saw was division greed and lies and stoners turning on each other like starving dogs fighting over a scrap of food most had focus on one thing $ and few on the plant.

This grail project i see it as significant in many ways from the return of a guy we call Neville who few of us knew if any of us but a select few Neville allowed in to his circle knew him and know he has come out and not only allowed all of us to know him but his also telling us the history of things most only had peaces of at best to him wanting to shear his noligue.

I also see people wanting to shear genetics i see people joining forces for the first time i see a lite at a once dark tunnel.

To me the grail has more significance than just a top sativa line it has started to bring together this once divided community i finally see unity forming .

:) indeed great reaply

here are some pics from an old cañamo number, a colombian especial,

it is in spanish sorry

Attachments

• sativas colombianas.jpg
    sativas colombianas.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 100
  • sativas colombianas2.jpg
    sativas colombianas2.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 15,198
  • sativas colombianas3.jpg
    sativas colombianas3.jpg
    582.4 KB · Views: 13,916
  • sativas colombianas4.jpg
    sativas colombianas4.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 13,398
  • sativas colombianas5.jpg
    sativas colombianas5.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 152
I'm on it. Kanga and I will have to come and see you real soon. It seems that you have received the blessing of Shaktipat. Now which one did it for you? Hmmm!
N.

Lol....Better make sure he hasnt had a smoke first, I want to make sure we are ALL on a level playing field:D

which one did it for you? Hmmm!

That isnt a slight dig is it Nev:D

Hempy well said mate and ohhh so true, as ive said a million times we are all here because of the love for this plant and why cant the fook we all get on.
By the way mate....sorry to do this to you in a open forum.....but HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D Have fun, as i know you will...lol

Lol....Better make sure he hasnt had a smoke first, I want to make sure we are ALL on a level playing field
I've got a better way of leveling the field, we'll smoke what Bushy's smoking.
N.

Some people understand me. I used the same technique to get out of jail. Against all odds, it worked. I used the same tek when I started The Seed Bank.
I still haven't smoked the pure MM. I'm told it's a bitch to grow, but the 25%NL in the NH will give us some usable plants. If we get some real difficult ones, we'll give them to Hempy. He seems to have the "slow hand" that these girls are looking for.

I'm visualising a '60s, '70s type Thai, like I smoked in Thailand in '76 with a few Thai boys in a bamboo hut on the beach. I managed 3 tokes, which impressed the hell out those boys. It smelled of dark leather, without a hint of fuel. It almost gave you asthma, meaning that it wasn't easy to smoke. I remember the calyxes being large but the bud was somewhat sparse. I used to sell similar Thai in stick form in '73, '74. 20 sticks in a bundle. Those sticks weren't compressed like most sticks were. It was too good for that.
N.

Man, the Thai stick was so awesome back then. Ive never been to Thailand, but we used to hear stories of giant year rounder plants of Thai. That the growers in Thailand would climb ladders and trim off the little buds , and that the plants were old and giant. I dont know if the stories were true, but the weed tasted so damn good, and the High was remarkable. There was a park across from my highschool, with a river running through it, real big old growth black oaks, and all kinds of ground cover shrubs. We would cut class, take a toke, and have an all day adventure at the park, and never go back to class. Everything was euphoric, and bright, and interesting.

Thanks for this Post

It's always on my mind.
In my life I've learned a few things about the mechanism of creation.
First and foremost, "hold the vision in your minds eye". Put all of your senses into it.
Imagine how it looks. Get into the fine detail. Make the visual image as real as you can.
Imagine how it smells and tastes. Compare it to other similar things and imagine how it could be better. Imagine how it makes you feel, this is really important. Fill the idea with positive intent. Imagine the joy of sharing.
The wheels of the universe have already started turning. Grease the wheels, clear the path, act on the synchronistic opportunities that magically appear. Act. Act. Act.
Share your vision. Allow others to feel your excitement. A vision shared is a vision magnified. It's OUR VISION. Know that it will/has already happened. It's merely a question of time. When you know this, you can relax. Nature abhors a vacuum.
Oh! I nearly forgot. Be grateful. Your dreams are coming true, why wouldn't you be.
N.

This post really hit home with Me, and its been on My mind. It reinforced My thoughts on the matter and encouraged Me. I have big changes going on in My life, and This was exactly what I needed to read. Thanks Bro

DP

OK sober now :p yawn.

I suspect that if the MM was dried like the Thai you encountered in '76, i.e. under the Sun, no curing - the THC/CBD/CBN/terpenoid profile of the MM would produce an outcome pretty similar to what you described.

I smoked some MM uncured like that about 20 years ago - absolute dynamite.

Aside from that, I'd be encouraging an MM x Oaxacan cross, to put to the NLH or NH. The raw trippy power of the MM coupled with the balanced high and sweetness of the O, crossed to the bud structure & flowering time of the NL and the stratospheric impulse of the Haze - sounds like Grail to me.

Funny that combo sounds like DJ's Blueberry with more muscular ingredients - Highland Thai (MM), Highland Oaxacan (same), Afghani (NL) & Chocolate Thai (haze). Fuck almost the same! You could call it Electric Blue Haze (just coined it)

Kanga and I will have to come and see you real soon. It seems that you have received the blessing of Shaktipat. Now which one did it for you? Hmmm!
N.

That smoke I had last night was half MMWW & half MMMG (I think)) & was pure heaven, as good as any I've had, both in taste and high, & the missus agreed. We were babbling about a third of the way into it (which is unprecedented) and it was a small one papery and even tasted better the closer it got to the roach.

I'd aslo like to check out Moonunit's Zoidfuel. Moosey for instance rates Zoidfuel the best he's had for his condition. And Moony always comes across as a gentleman and someone you might like to work with. Along those lines, it will be interesting to see what Shanti does with the Zamal, and whatever else he has up his sleeve. I suggested he cross SSH, MH, AH, LN & NLH to HazeC to produce a 75% Haze series, a la Nevil's Haze. But this was rightly ignored as the ruminations of an amateur pollen chucker.

Like I said before, the ultimate Grail will probably be different things to different people, so I envisage numerous releases with different collaborations to satisfy a diverse and expectant market.

Could even send GS some hazeC x MM, and have a chuckle at his grow journal.:D

Last edited:
I've got a better way of leveling the field, we'll smoke what Bushy's smoking.
N.

Dont worry mate Ill bring a nice picnic basket with me, for all of us:D
I think Ill know what will be in it:D

I'd aslo like to check out Moonunit's Zoidfuel. Moosey for instance rates Zoidfuel the best he's had for his condition. And Moony always comes across as a gentleman and someone you might like to work with.

Hi m8
The zoid is a specific beast for sure, not sure if it will be applicable for the grail though, not that it isnt good enough, but it is a different thing. I bred it to be kind on the mind, i can smoke zoid or it crosses all day every day, be high as a kite, and not get the mental blow out or have any mental issues triggered like alot of strong herb can give/do if hit to hard to long. I think of the zoid line like a band aid for some of the modern high thc lines that can trigger ppls mental conditions, a safety line for out crossing. Also i bred with quality and specific high in mind, that being the most happy uplifting i could select for, especialy if one gets out into the sun. I bred for this trait at the expense of others so to speak, so the line still has its bugs indoors, but out performs like a champ.
Back to the grail though, in my mind i see a rough picture of something consisting of 4 building blocks that could work
NH - nev
pure coastal MM - kanga
png genetics - fresh stock sourced from png if possible
Old ducksfoot - wally( the one with the special nose burning aroma/ strong soaring sativa high, selected for the aroma/high and not nessicerily for the leaf trait)

Nh x duck = line 1
MM x png = line 2
line 1 and 2 are line bred seperately to about f3-f4
then cross the f4 line 1 x f4 line 2
= the grail hybrid maybe

Just putting a very basic idea out there, and in no way expect it to be taken too seriously, just want to get the convo going to the next level of some theoretical reciepes and techs to put the grail together. The clearer the picture becomes, the closer to reality it is
much respect all
moonunit

Hi there Moon
While as I'm interested in the genetics of which you speak, a five year breeding plan is probably not the most direct route. In any case, inbreeding Haze does not give consistant results (at least in the short term).

I've been smoking stuff with PNG in it lately, I thought it was Thai and not the sweet stuff. PNG is new to me and I'm excited about what remains to be discovered. I hear talk of an expedition. These are men after my own heart. Smoking a chillum with the cannibals (the whole cannibal thing is probably exaggerated anyway). I hope they film noteworthy events.
N.

Hey kanga, is anyone in a temperate climate (say.. Victoria) growing those MM crosses outdoors?

Hi mate....I have given a few mixed seeds to people in Canberra and West Oz, but will have to wait until the end of the season on reports.
I have already grown down in Vic with the MM and apart for the very late maturing MM it went well, its just that the snow arrived early that year to finish off well.
I have just done a cross with SB's Critical Mass and the MM, it was only a few seeds as it was small buds I worked with.....if this looks good I think this will be great for the Victorian climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back