90s NL5 x Haze USA Version. AKA. The Cough

pasted to froogle translate: "Anyone selling seeds in a baggie with '87 BOEL NLxHaze' written on it with a marker is totally legit". "NL, Haze, and The Cough isn't enough, let's bring BOEL in to it"

are there freezer vaults of seeds stashed "do not open until 2022"?

I dont understand what you're trying to say

precisely-on-schedule-right-on-schedule.gif

anyone with quotes from known members talking about such involvement? didn't the BOEL already have their hands full collectively working on pre-98 Bubba?

so the BOEL was on a mission to collect, hybridize, and store seeds frozen until just now, for you...or the seeds are from clones kept since the 60's, like they have a secret warehouse of secret hybridization projects, which you had access to? surely a known member has a storefront somewhere selling such in demand items?

I really enjoy all these Indiana Jones stories to a certain degree but at some point it seems to get out of hand. Easy to get carried away by it. If someone GOT something with a potential for potential best thing to do is run it and if you can tell while growing that its good in any way (not even caring about how 'legit' it may be to others) my turn would be to just preserve with a small seed run. Already giving the whole thing a chance to get further explored and investigated, shared and loved. Thats just my thoughts on the topic.

Well the one I have is what you want then as it’s only got the haze traits.
This is an genetic improbabability. Once outcrossed, you loose genes and traits assoiciated with the original chemovar. One can get close.... but there will always be a bit of OG influence, and typically speaking, OG is pretty dominant in its offspring.

The cough is well know, kyle had it an made strawberry cough with it
No.... Kyle clearly states he was given a clone of Strawberry Cough in every single post I've read. Just becuase someone grows a clone and spreads it, that does not mean they created it. By your logic, I could grow out Black Widow or Nevils haze, give a few away, and that would credit me as the breeder. Totally ludicrous. Seriously people.

while ghs 100 percent takes liberties with pedigrees and filial generations, they also give some very useful hard data for breeders.
Your two statements are self defeating. One can't take 100% liberty with a pedigree while at the same time giving hard data about the same pedegree. Either they lie about the pedegree or they dont. Hard data implies accuracy.

This would litterally be like saying someone always lies, but that they give good information. Seriously bro.
I think I know who you voted for.

Last edited:
I do idiotic things when I drink without realizing. I've run out of bud and have resorted to drinking at a pub before heading home to help with back pain. Also, my mother moved on recently... been drinking a bit more from that as well.

Apologies for not realizing they were banned or I'd likely not responded. 😅
Perhaps I should check the dates. 😅

I do idiotic things when I drink without realizing. I've run out of bud and have resorted to drinking at a pub before heading home to help with back pain. Also, my mother moved on recently... been drinking a bit more from that as well.

sorry to hear about your mother.
while we are waiting for our first grows to harvest and stash for a cure we need mail order hash blocks at mrnice shop 🤤

sorry to hear about your mother.
while we are waiting for our first grows to harvest and stash for a cure we need mail order hash blocks at mrnice shop 🤤
Oh man, I’m so sorry about your losing your mother D! My mother passed on her 95th birthday in 2020. She lived with me for the last 10-15 years and was in great shape until. We got to be buddies in those years. I had her move in because our old neighborhood is in a very bad area now but at one time was great. She was still working after retirement and would get home at midnight…She was with me too when the uninvited boys in blue came over about 8 years ago and was so awesome…I miss her so much. Sorry once again. She is still with and part of you! If I can offer some advice. Drinking is not the answer long term. Keep it minimal time and even the bud minimal. Stay busy and exercise in one fashion or another. Weights, cycling, walking …I’m 72 by the way and I say that because I’m not a kid and these things are part of life but it still hurts deeply.

Oh man, I’m so sorry about your losing your mother D! My mother passed on her 95th birthday in 2020. She lived with me for the last 10-15 years and was in great shape until. We got to be buddies in those years. I had her move in because our old neighborhood is in a very bad area now but at one time was great. She was still working after retirement and would get home at midnight…She was with me too when the uninvited boys in blue came over about 8 years ago and was so awesome…I miss her so much. Sorry once again. She is still with and part of you! If I can offer some advice. Drinking is not the answer long term. Keep it minimal time and even the bud minimal. Stay busy and exercise in one fashion or another. Weights, cycling, walking …
My first reply was supposed to be to Diesel.

Oh man, I’m so sorry about your losing your mother D! My mother passed on her 95th birthday in 2020. She lived with me for the last 10-15 years and was in great shape until. We got to be buddies in those years. I had her move in because our old neighborhood is in a very bad area now but at one time was great. She was still working after retirement and would get home at midnight…She was with me too when the uninvited boys in blue came over about 8 years ago and was so awesome…I miss her so much. Sorry once again. She is still with and part of you! If I can offer some advice. Drinking is not the answer long term. Keep it minimal time and even the bud minimal. Stay busy and exercise in one fashion or another. Weights, cycling, walking …I’m 72 by the way and I say that because I’m not a kid and these things are part of life but it still hurts deeply
Thank you very much. I'm glad to hear you two were able to become so close. I'm sure you're right that drinking isn't the way. Thank you for sharing and for all of your kind words.

Anyone have any info on this strain?

This is a USA Pure Haze Male x original NL5 clone only, originally from Colorado, and taken to California in the 90s.

This version never went to Europe, and didn't come from Europe.

I had a strain in the 90s that got confiscated by the feds, and it was a cross of NL5/Hz.. The Cough x Skelly Hashplant x SSSC Sk1.

Every hit was lung buster, and the best stuff I have seen since the 70s, and some of the best shit of all time, and was done in 7 weeks. Medium production. Ive been smoking since 67. This was good shit.

Tasted like the best hash Nepal could come up with. The weed alone was better than almost any hash Ive ever smoked. People would get sick, and mad, and swear I put chemicals in it.

Anyone heard of this strain? I found some crosses of it.

The Cough x SSH F3... AKA Super Silver Cough.... Best out of 250 Mr Nice SSH Females, taken to F3. Haze Skunk Leaning.

The Cough x Oregon Huckleberry IBL ( Worked 80s BOEL Blueberry/DJ Short )

Blue Heron.
Blue Magoo x The Cough
The cough from Colorado came from sensi seeds. I had ties to some of the growers out in Fort Collins back in 94/5 and they sent us seeds back in Ohio. It was always sensi gear.
The myths that grow on these strain borders on lunacy. The same nl5/haze strain is held in many collections and called different things.
We call nl5/haze the catpiss haze in Ohio.

Its said the Male used was called Haze #17.

Any info on Haze #17?

Top Dawg also has a Mango Cough.

After further research, its also believed the Haze #17 came from SSSC.
The original cough seeds purchased from sensi said northern lights #5x haze #1.
My friend from Ohio was going to school in the fort at the time. I was good friends with her sister and we would go to dead shows together back then. The cut has been held a long time b/c it’s good. The same nl5/haze was available until at least 98. It really is a Neville breed.

The original cough seeds purchased from sensi said northern lights #5x haze #1.
My friend from Ohio was going to school in the fort at the time. I was good friends with her sister and we would go to dead shows together back then. The cut has been held a long time b/c it’s good. The same nl5/haze was available until at least 98. It really is a Neville breed.
How do you compare the smoke, taste, and effects to MNS current NL5 x Hz, and other NL5 x Haze/similar cuts (Piffy/Puday, A5, CBH)?

Back