What are YOU smoking today? (PICTURES)

I really like your contrast in focus/out of focus in the shot.

Called bokeh. Bokeh is defined as “the effect of a soft out-of-focus background that you get when shooting a subject, using a fast lens, at the widest aperture, such as f/2.8 or wider.” Simply put, bokeh is the pleasing or aesthetic quality of out-of-focus blur in a photograph.

Aperture = f/1.4
Shutter speed = 1/60 sec
ISO = 80

Did you make the ring or find the stone for it, or is it just for scale? It is a beautiful stone. (frankly no answer to that will be surprising)

I like how you highlight the structure of the flower with the sugar leaves, especially in the bottom shot. There is a slight, almost iridescence to them that makes me wonder how much of that was intentional, via photo finishing.

Did you make the ring or find the stone for it, or is it just for scale? It is a beautiful stone. (frankly no answer to that will be surprising)

I like how you highlight the structure of the flower with the sugar leaves, especially in the bottom shot. There is a slight, almost iridescence to them that makes me wonder how much of that was intentional, via photo finishing.

Hey WDS!

Thanks for the interest in the ring. The stone is Sleeping Beauty Turquoise, known for its rich, sky blue color. The Sleeping Beauty Mine closed in 2012 so prices have gone up. I got the stone from a Gem Dealer I know. After that, it was just a matter of waiting for another friend to come up to New York for the summer. He is a Master Silversmith. He knows that I like 'rope, feathers, and leaves' on my rings with 'one-off' designs that no one else in the world has. I leave the creative process to him. He has never disappointed.

The pictures are untouched except for some minor cropping. I cropped off the ring light reflection on the jar on the first picture and took off some extra black material on the second picture. Otherwise they are, 'au naturel'.

Longball

And how about the smoke Longball?
I love the yellow and golden colour in there.:love:
It definitely had a good cure by now

What strain is that and how did it smoked?
(y)

Hi Swifty! :)

Can't really tell you much about it. My friend has less than zero interest in such things. His only concerns are: 1) will it finish in his yard, 2) does he like the high. After much questioning, all I came up with is that it is called NZ Shorty. He got the seeds from his sister who got them from her husband who has been growing it in California for years. From what I can tell from the jar he gave me it is a hybrid, mostly Sativa. Have not seen anything like it in decades. Reminds me a lot of the 'Golds' we used to get out of Mexico in the early 70's. I'm sure a Sativa lover like yourself would love it. I'd love to see you grow it!

The last 2 spring times I've forgot to ask if he had or could get more seeds. I guess I should contact him now that I am thinking of it.

Longball

I found a nug on the floor of the Witches Wedding Cake #1 I chopped a few weeks ago. It must have fallen from the jar yesterday while burping. Not half bad for an uncured nug I accidentally stepped on. :giggle:

full

Diesel840

Some kind of Red something or other. Too many damn names to remember. Back in the 'good ol days' it was so much easier. For Reds, you only had to remember, Panama Red, Mexican Red, Oaxacan Red, Columbian Red, Santa Marta Red, Brazilian Red, Jamacian Red, African Red, Lebanese Red, Cambodian Red, Korean Red, Hawaiian Red, and that good old standby California Red, and maybe only a dozen or two more Reds.

P1030948.JPG

7tspco78w7oz.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking bud, and great photography, @Swifty! 🥰

Longball
Thanks Longball! 😊

@Swifty how does it compare to when you grow her?

Well soil and nutes are the same as I use and his and my outdoor SSH are also very much alike.
He grows my cut for a couple of years now and he is equally fond of her like me.
In effect and taste/smell there is not much difference, we agreed on this for a couple of times now.:)

Indoor vs outdoor SSH gives more difference in looks, smell and taste but blind test could not say for certain what is what.
They all smoke good.(y)

King Louis OG - dipped in concentrate and rolled in kief.

King Louis OG.jpg

The 'rock' is actually a type of clay called a 'claydog'. "A claydog is a concretion of silt, clay, and calcium carbonate precipitate that forms around a nucleus of organic material. The exact formation process is not known. Occasionally found among the layered deposits of clays and silts left by a glacial lake." What is a claydog?

K L OG.jpg

Back