The origins of Haze

  • Thread starter Thread starter JessE
  • Start date Start date
Hi Jesse,
I can see why you got a hostile reaction over on ICMag with this one, not surprised really are you?
Honestly, I can't see you getting a glowing reception over here with it either,the vibe over here is alot more positive:D as you know.
Sam the Skunkman is one of the most important people in the history of cannabis over the last 30 years and the respect he's due from this is why I'd give him the benefit of the doubt till I can be shown some proof that he's a NARC.
Like any good reporter/author, you should confirm your facts before printing them, otherwise you'll just end up losing all your credibility.

I've enjoyed your other threads on MNS, just not a big fan of this one, sorry.
Peace GG
 
Good afternoon folks :)
The sister thread to this one can be found at Icmag by following the link below.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=120563


Originally posted by Genegenie
Like any good reporter/author, you should confirm your facts before printing them, otherwise you'll just end up losing all your credibility.


Originally posted by Bobbydigital
Jesse,

I'm going to say this in my softest, most sincere tone of writing. That is an accusation with absolutely no proof or hard evidence to back it up

There is indeed information too sensitive to post publicly online, mainly because of the nature of the information presented in those documents. Its a lose, lose situation in that sense. If the information is posted, you get members who criticize presenting information with members of the cannabis communities personal information exposed, and if you dont post it you get members who disrespect you, all of your work and your actions to bring the truth to the community.

The truth is the Dutch are the ones responsible for exposing Sam the Skunkman. And it took somebody with the cajones of Shantibaba to bring that information to the marijuana communities attention in the Italian magazine. As many of you are obviously aware, this information hasnt been openly discussed on the marijuana forums previously even though its widely known about in the Dutch cannabis industry and among a few select individuals online who share information back and forth with one another. So the positions from some of you here at MNS and icmag are not to be unexpected, especially considering the efforts Sam the Skunkman has made in the last decade + to force his version of events on the world.

However through articles and threads such as this one, slowly a different side of the coin is being exposed. As I mentioned to a friend privately not long ago, when traveling through mountainous terrain often times once you've reached the summit of one mountain you will get a better picture of just how much further you have to go. The information presented recently in this thread alone is only just grazing the surface of a much different picture.

We've still got a long ways to go friends.
No_Line_on_the_Horizon_by_americanpsycho.jpg
 
Last edited:
Well Jesse, while your walking that long road trying to catch up to the truth,I'll be in the garden growing out some hazes.
I'm more into the cannabis plants than the cannabis people and although I do realise they're connected, I think I'll leave the haze/Sam investigation up to you lot.
Best of luck though, hope you find what your looking for.
Peace GG
 
Hi JessE,

First, I'd like to say that I have been thinking about this quite a lot, and it is definitely not an easy situation to figure out how to handle.

I've been thinking about this very objectively, trying to give both sides the benefit of the doubt, as I have yet to see anything conclusive. All I see right now is an accusation.

You've got to understand that even implying someone is a snitch in this profession is enough to ruin a reputation. Kind of like being accused of being a child molester, even if you are cleared, it will always follow you and people will look at you differently.

Now, I have no doubt that shanti said that on an Italian site, I also have little doubt that there was a radio broadcast implicating Sam and his American friends as being informants, with at least one newspaper covering the story as well. What I do doubt, is the validity of those claims. Where did this broadcast get its information? Is it possible that the DJ's of the broadcast had interests in destroying his reputation? (For this reason, a copy of the broadcast and newspaper article are far from proof, unless they discuss the facts behind how they came to the conclusion he was a rat.)

The hard part here, is that just like conspiracy theories, this would be almost impossible to prove. You would need either an official list of DEA informants, some form of official DEA document with his name on it showing what information he gave them, or some form of testimony from Sam himself saying that he is/was an informant.

Now, it is pretty obvious that Sam would have had a motive for doing this. Just like any illegal business, one way to get rid of competition is to call the cops on them, but you have to remember that motive does not mean guilt. Hell, I have a motive for fire-bombing my local police station, but it does not mean that if that happened I'm the one who did it.

Also, you'd have to figure out if he just ratted on a few people one time, or if he is an actual DEA informant, who still works for them. Even then, I'm not sure how Operation Green Merchant directly implies Sam's involvement. What information did he give them? As far as I can tell, at no step along the way of that investigation did they need Sam to tell them anything. Neville sold seeds to US citizens, and the US knew about this without Sam telling them. Maybe you could help clear that part up, and give me your take of exactly how he was involved in Operation Green Merchant.

The last bit of logic here implicating his innocence is that NO ONE HAS ANY LOVE FOR A FUCKING RAT! How on Earth could the Dutch know for a fact that Sam is a snitch for well over ten years and not tell anyone about this! Like it should be a fucking secret or something, well that's total bullshit, because it would be the exact opposite. I don't know exactly how it works over there, but if someone snitch's over here and people know about it, that is Class A, for immediate distribution, tell everyone you know, type of information. The word gets to everyone involved as soon as motherfucking possible, and the word spreads like a goddamn wildfire.

What I would really like to know is what shanti thinks of this. Does he really think that Sam is/was a DEA informant? And if so, why?

I salute you for doing this research, and I applaud you for speaking your mind, but I can't say I condone you making this accusation without proof, or even better, saying that there is proof, but you just can't show it to anyone, for fear of disclosing the identity of a known snitch. If you have proof he's a snitch, who gives a fuck if you disclose his identity, it would be a boon to the community. Or just do what the government does when releasing classified documents, black out any names that disclose identity. (Even then, I'm fairly certain I, and anyone else who wanted to, could find out his real name and company in a few hours using nothing but an internet connection).

Once again, no beefs with you at all, bro, but I can't say I agree with the manner this is being handled. And I have been doing some research myself, still in it's early stages, but enlightening none the less. One of the things I came across that might be of interest to you:

http://www.cannabisfarmer.com/web/node/3

Not only does this imply Sam is less than honorable, but it also fingers Neville as privy to the scheme. The responses to the article from Sam and the webmaster are very interesting, too. Just like anything on the internet, take it with a grain of salt, haha.

This last part might not be of interest to some, but when I first showed up on this site I found the big thread about hash and admini was talking about the cannabinoid biosynthetic pathway, but it was different than what I had heard. After a little reading I found out that admini was right. Well, the person who had explained to me the incorrect version of the biosynthetic pathway was Sam, only about a month or two before OG went offline. Also, what is this bullshit that he is pulling on ICMAG where he says he knows a method of making hash that results in 99.9% pure, unadultered, sessile-stalked trichome heads, but won't tell anyone what it is? This article from CC pretty much verifies his claim of knowing how to do it:
http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/inside-trichome

That's just weak shit right there. I can see where he is coming from in some regards, someone will market it and sell it, and if he came up with the technique then that person probably should be him, but damn, just seems a little cruel to hold out.

Just what I've been thinking about since I've read this, hope you don't mind me giving you my full response, and hopefully it helps us both to come to a better understanding of this. Take it easy.
 
well, bobby, IMO the first link you provided is similar, in principle, to what is making me second guess his reputation.

he IS a fox-like businessman it seems. he is attempting to legally patent his strains, and scarily enough, he may be moderately successful.....several of them are already introduced as a legally accepted prescription, in many countries (sativex)

Bobby, this is the direction Id recommend reading, if you wanted to continue your research into the matter.

Like I said, there's no cut and dry DEA information ive seen yet, so Im not passing judgement on that portion of it. Ive already seen enough that I can confirm, much of it in his alter-ego's own words, that Im no longer interested to acquire his thunk#1 or ohunk#1 LMAO.

your first article sites his unfounded claim that he and nev invented ice hash.....hilarious, right? What if I told you that in another article, interviewing him under his legal name, he claims to have invented self pollination of cannabis? shocking, no?
 
Hi all :)
As was posted back on page 6, an article written by Shanti in an Italian magazine indicated that a radio report revealed Sam the Skunkman and others were informants for the DEA, but below shown in bold is another interesting piece of information.

Originally posted by Shantibaba

but when it was revealed that Sam and his crew of Americans in Holland all were part of informants for the DEA in America on a radio program in Holland they split to the UK to do other things. Sam never started or owned a seed company so his claim to all the strains that became famous years ago are not really warranted.


Below is a quote from our very own l33t, where he is describing information he recently came across while researching this very same subject.

Originally posted by l33t
Its in Dutch and the various free online translation services on the web ain't doing the best job but bottomline is that in this news article Sam was revealed to be a DEA informant that fought his competitors by indicating them to justice in order to get his license/permit to grow. In the news article its also suggested that Sam was released/left by DEA in Holland so that many years after he would 'play on' 'Skunk'breeders' names.It is also mentioned there that Sam had a police record.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=120563&page=6

When pressed on the subject more, l33t went on too explain.
Finally, what the hell does "In the news article its also suggested that Sam was released/left by DEA in Holland so that many years after he would 'play on' 'Skunk'breeders' names.It is also mentioned there that Sam had a police record." that even mean? Play on skunk breeders names? WTF? Is this perhaps a really piss poor translation of "breeding on skunk lines"? Only thing I can figure.
Originally posted by l33t

No , all online translations seem to 'say' what I wrote , "play on 'Skunk'breeders' names". I speak German myself and Dutch are quite similar and it clearly seems to me that these are all correct translation. Afterall I used a lot of different free online translation services to double check on that and all gave the same kind of results.Plus what is stated in the reports seems just like what Shanti wrote about Sam, that Sam's "claim to all the strains that became famous many years ago is not really warranted".
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=120563&page=6

So we've got Shanti claiming a great deal of the varieties Sam the Skunk man claims to have had a hand in developing as being (for the most part) meritless. (however Shanti does say Sam worked quite a bit with Skunk). And l33t has uncovered documents which seem to cooberate Shantibaba's article and the information contained within.
Below is an excerpt from a High Times magazine article from Danny Danko discussing Sam the Skunk mans days with Cultivators Choice.

Flying Dutchmen
Eddie worked originally with Sam Skunkman over 35 years ago at Cultivator’s Choice and honed his skills on the strains that became the basic building blocks of almost all Dutch seeds. (35 years????Hmmm)
http://hightimes.com/grow/ddanko/3618
And below is a copy of a Cultivators Choice Catalog from Sam the Skunk mans gallery at Icmag.
suspectsamcatalog2.jpg

SuspectSamcatalog1.jpg
 
Earlier today I received a copy of an article I thought to share with the community, considering its length Im only posting selected portions. But it does pertain to the subject matter at hand I believe. Information such as Sam the Skunkmans alledged true name and the name(s) of his companies have been edited out.

Skunkmandea001aedited.jpg

Skunkmandea008a.jpg

Skunkmandea009a.jpg

Skunkmandea011a.jpg
 
You gave enough information to know the real name of Sam and his company. Maybe needed to omit a couple of data out.
 
Last edited:
Hi all
this thread seems to be progressing quite fast and I was away the last few days so trying to catch up..

First of all let me say I 've been doing some research on all this the last few weeks and I 've found a lot of very interesting info. I found Dutch authorities' papers that confirm that Sam was being revealed (by the media) to be a DEA informant in the 90s. It was revealed in the dutch media during 1997 that Sam was a DEA informant . It was in a radio report in Oct '97, also in news papers , bulletins etc etc

I have all the links to such articles and to the official Dutch authorities' papers..

So all of you that don't want to accept the fact that Sam had been revealed in the Dutch media to be a DEA informant in the 90s..all I can say is..you are plain wrong and all the proof is out there , do your research .

The first time it was questioned how Sam got his licence, was in '96 (Sam first got his licence in '94) and it was still being questioned in '99 (and the matter was still in the news) .

How exactly Sam's company got its license from the gov was a matter that was being questioned by other politic party members in '99 who asked the government for official clarifications after the revealing reports from the Media , the whole story got big and many Dutch politicians got involved but many questions remained/remain unanswered.

In the radio report and in the dutch media in general it was revealed among other things that Sam before he came to Holland (Sam came to Holland in 85) he was a illegal smuggler/grower and had been arrested in the US / had a police record.

What really caught my eye is that the official government answers they didn't give much info on Sam and although they said they had heard about the news reports , they didn't confirm or disprove that he was a DEA informant , plus although the gov said was aware that Sams company was breaking rules and committed many offenses ,..they said that due to information they received from the Public Prosecution " information that can't be posted publicly" it was prevented that any legal action would take place against Sam n his co. This was even after they found (after the 4rth inspection) Sams company to still be working after their license had expired the previous year..

--

Now regarding Sam & Joe Pietri,

I had the pleasure of meeting Joe and although he is a nice fellow and I agree with a lot of what he says I have to say imho there is some BS talk on Skunkman here .Let me explain.
Sam had only said he wanted to make/develop sterile strains in his company , strains that were patented , so no other company could replicate his /his co's work. These strains would be used as a raw material for the pharmaceutical companies and they would have a specific cannabinoid profile that would meet the pharmaceutical companies needs.
Sam never said that he wanted to make 'all amsterdam bred strains' sterille like Joe wrote in his article...

Another thing..Sam never said he invented selfing, if you read his words he only said his company (a college of Sam actually) had developed..a new method..of selfing.
Selfing existed as a breeding technique before Sam's company was founded..

BTW i would love to know where/how Joe found that Sam's research was partially funded by the DEA.

Last thing I would to say is I m not claiming to know what really happened back then or if Sam was or want involed with the DEA , I m just presenting you the info I found.


PS Joaquin,
Sam has been using an alias (apart from the 'Sam Skunkman') and his real name is not in the article above (that is according to other credible sources) , only an alias he has been using for a long time while being in Holland.
 
Last edited:
I had not read the article myself from TY but would like to read it when I can, waiting until the issue becomes free. About the name and company I have found it without problems but trying to look for the radio report and dutch papers is another story.
 
Sounds Like An Old CC Editorial

I Remember When The Prince Of Pot ( Self Declared ) Decided To Go For The Jugular Of A Former Employee Of His , Peter Bradey As Being A DEA Informant ( Jamaican Grow Articles ), Shattering His " Real Life ", Whilst Hiding Away In Cyberworld , Or The Web
People Love To Shift Blame And Accuse Under Assumptions With Absolutely No Forethought To The Potential Damage They May Be Uneccesarily Causing .
I Don't Think All This Cloak And Dagger , Holier Than Though , Thinning of The Weeds Need Be A Concern To The Run Of The Mill Grower Whose Only Goal Is To Reduce The Stigma Already Conjured Up By Those In Authority of The Cannabis Scene .
Celebrate Cannabis , Rather Than Cannonize It .
Life Goes On
JKP
 
Hi Joe,

Even though that I totally agree with you Joe these is an open forum and a discussion so important related to the plant is taking place. As long as no insults are spread around and the information presented here is open (public domain already) I dont see why a healthy discussion can not take place.

Jo
 
Last edited:
I Remember When The Prince Of Pot ( Self Declared ) Decided To Go For The Jugular Of A Former Employee Of His , Peter Bradey As Being A DEA Informant ( Jamaican Grow Articles ), Shattering His " Real Life ", Whilst Hiding Away In Cyberworld , Or The Web
People Love To Shift Blame And Accuse Under Assumptions With Absolutely No Forethought To The Potential Damage They May Be Uneccesarily Causing .
I Don't Think All This Cloak And Dagger , Holier Than Though , Thinning of The Weeds Need Be A Concern To The Run Of The Mill Grower Whose Only Goal Is To Reduce The Stigma Already Conjured Up By Those In Authority of The Cannabis Scene .
Celebrate Cannabis , Rather Than Cannonize It .
Life Goes On
JKP

Well said,Mr.JKP.applauding.Shogirl
 
im most interested in this thread for many reasons

it was quite upsetting too see it gone from IC
 
Jesse, I am surprised you managed to write an article about Haze without delving into the dirty side of what went down with Sam and Neville, I spent months researching my Haze article and found all this info at the time, I made a post at another site about the Dutch radio reports and ow Hortapharm obtaiend their licence and as a result received a rather unpleasant message from Sam, he was very pissed off that I had 'outed' him by posting the name he uses and expaining his links with Hortapharm and GW Pharmaceuticals. I haven't yet been able to finish my Haze article to the point i feel it covers both sides of the story - the side promulgated by Sam and Rob Clarke is easy to find and I've covered that in detail, finding out the other side of the story is very much harder though and until I do, my Haze story article won't be fully complete.

Joe Pietri's article in TY is interesting but not well written, Joe comes across as angry and bitter and doesn't support his claims with hard facts, it's interesting and controversial and worth reading however.

l33t is on the right track here, by doing serious research and finding hard and fast facts, I am currently looking into what happened in Holland from 1985 onwards, there is some Dutch language writings on the subject that contain some very interesting and revealing info, and unlike the stuff coming from Jerry Biesler and Joe Pietri, it's proper academic writing with all the points fully backed up by proper research.

I'll post the results of my investigations and research eventually, but not until I have it all fully verified and a complete bibliography.

One last thing, if the article Marco Renda published in TY by Joe Pietri is slanderous, Sam would not hesitate to sue, I discussed this with Marco and he told me he welcomes legal action but expects none will be forthcoming as Joe spoke the truth.

My feeling is that Joe Pietri may in fact be a DEA operative that is sowing seeds of discontent. What more effective way of preventing folks from buying seeds would there be than to indicate that the seller/breeder will give up your info?
 
You know i had a lot of this exposed to me by some one and after reading threw wat was sent to me all the peaces fell into place i mean all of the peaces and like i have sed in the past i know understand why neville stays in the shadows.

Im so amazed at this community the one we call the cannabis community sam every chance he gets throws shit at neville trys to rubbish neville and destorts the facts the real history and things neville has done yet few even from with in this post says a thing or singles sam out for what he says wich is slander in short why is that.

Im not going to out sam i will leve that to karma but i will say this few in the community on the same level as shanti most know what went on and who did wat i belive theres resons why most keep quiet.

One day the facts will be put forth and then and only then will most know the trueth.


Sam did his thing others did theres im a little confused at what lines sam infact sold as he never had a seed company of his own didnt sam infact work as part of a co op growers sean.

Neville was the trail blazer yet how many respect neville for what his done fucken few by the looks of it why do i say this easy sam rubbish neville any chance he gets and most lap it up well i dont.

I have no reson to kiss ass i knew of neville in the 80s i knew neville was a nice guy who went out of his way to help those that came incontact with him in the dam and how do i know this well friends told me of this aussie guy named neville and the first time i knew of sam was when i started to read the boards.

All il add is the leek in the dike has started expect a flood and a tide to sweep threw this community in time maybe them will we re build and be a community of real potspeople as the hippies of old would of wonted and i hope the fem seed trades first to.
 
hempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire
No-one but Nevil knows whether it was Sam's seeds or some other Haze seeds he obtained his three Haze plants from, The story he told folks in Amsterdam was that he got them from a guy in NYC who had an old seed collection.


Well shanti knows and so do i as i spoke to shanti about there haze line face to face i was told the story and even names of those neville collected it from what i wont do is repeat it on here thats up to people like neville or shanti to do so if they see fit i my self would not becouse it would only feed those that have an agenda to rubbish and less they know less they can conect the dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire
I have often thought that Neville's Hazes might indeed be from old seeds he got in NYC but could be something other than Haze, could just be a Thai/Colombian hybrid that had been around a while and not related to the Haze work. Who knows, only Neville and he only knows what the guy who gave him the seeds told him.

british_hempire one thing i can say 100% is shanti dont lie his as honest and up front as they get he would not call something haze if infact it was not haze and as he knows the lines he works with and there history he is the one people need to read from not people that have no insite to A/ There work B/There perent lines and there origins.




much respect too you an all your contributions

i wanted to ask you wat you make of this

durin our great convo at ic i had just posted this question but neva cotinued caz it was closed/erased
caz if i remember correct you were denying sayin that you stated seeds came out of nyc in 69 true
but it doesnt seem like you disagree in this convo




imho the story of nev havin seeds from nyc in 69 is dead on
call it like i see it
its interestin how sams brought o.haze too adam n i havnt had the pleasure of wat i kno to be haze wit one hand exceptions
in 4 trips ive not seen nh avaible in shops let alone a good representation of her. some way too respect the father of seeds biz and ssh is beautiful but it doesnt satisfy my haze cravin tenfold ,the more sativa hybrids r bout 10 wks amnesia haze is 12 wks everybody goes nuts for her , yyy not grow the holy grail for 2 or 4 more weeks is just crazy.

she is in rotterdam rite lmao

1luvbigherb
 
BH

If I do manage to track down any more info on Haze and it's origins, I will rewrite my article accordingly, but so far, I have found nothing, plenty of people have criticised me, but not one has offered any info or pointers to where to find info


ive throughly enjoyed your article n our convo


according to my last post it seems hempy knows somthin more

all i can offer is that nyc does hav many haze varities that are of amazin resemblence in taste n aromas too mns hybrids nnn i will say our frankies is the closest resemblence too haze bros haze as ive read researched n understand

im upset n dont understand why there arent more reports description of o.haze/hbh in DETAIL especially from our cali folk /og smokers .then there r som who claimed to smoke it n hav no description

1luvbigherb
 
Back
Top