The Nina

You likem da pix, Bdrizzle?

Da boys. Gonna start collecting the pollen next week. Too many plants (boys and girls) to just smashie smashie flowers. I have to try to NOT half ass this f2 batch. These plants are quick, stinky, and dying to grow purple flowers...
picture.php

Oh, and guess who wanted to show off her purrty lil white hairs?
picture.php

Gonna keep the seedplant, and run clones of this plant. 4 boys, 4 girls, 1000 f2's...

pat for president

looking great as usual m8, i see im going to step up my reading speed to keep up with your grows and pics lol , always a pleasure to see your grows ,great job m8 good on you

Nah. 'Agriculture Czar' works, though :D

Smokin some iffy that I had dryin on a ballast, and DAMN. DAMN :D

I was starting to think about 'what if...' if I can't re-veg her, then I thought - 2 months to LaNina!! These plants are fast stinkers, boy... The tallest male started opening his sacks today, but the smaller 2 are at least a week away. I MAY top the hell out of the tall one to keep the pollen down. I'll get pics up 2moro.

Today is 1 week with the ladies. I'll get pics soon :D

Mad munchin, me puppet mate, good on ya'

"Secratary of Keepin it REAL" - The Simpsons ;)

Told ya I'd get pix!

Ok, call today 1 week since 1st flowers. These showed relatively quickly after the flip - under 2 weeks. I'm naming them 1-4 based on the last pooltable shot. 1 in the hard round, 2 in the soft, 3 in the big square, and 4 in the white pot - back in veg.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's a bitch to move around in there. I gave up picture/plant mobility for extra budz. When they get crankin, and I have the males all weeded out (so to speak), these should get a lil taller with more dirt, so they will be on the outside of the groupings, so I'll be able to pull them for pix.

picture.php

All my current boys, I'm not gonna use the shitlet on the right, cause he didn't respond well to stress. I can't have that in any seedline that I run, lol. Shout out to SF with the italics. :^)
picture.php

Some shots of the ladise with their friends. Shots in the dark!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

EDIT - Yo MrMr, you just named the Shitlet male (resiny lil fukker) "Love Wand!".

S7304452.JPG

And the girls. 1 --> 4, Left 2 Right. Plants 1-3 are 2 weeks into flower, and plant 4 was chillin on the deck, and I put her under the MH (veg) after the pic.
S7304454.JPG

:cool:

I super cropped these yesterday, they are in full stretch mode, and not stretching that much :^).
LN #1, appears most sativa expressive.
S7304455.JPG

LN #2, in between...
S7304456.JPG

LN #3, most indy expressive.
S7304457.JPG

LN #4. Chillin.
S7304458.JPG

Hey Pat,nice to see the White stains getting plenty of attention from you,cant grow SSH all! the time can you;)

Will b watching...

Ps have a sweet summers season too mate

Cheers,gm

GM, I'm lovin your avatar - got it bubblin :D

But, kind Sir, I will ask you to refrain from such disparaging remarks in the presence of her HIGHness, the Queen. Forgive me, Madam...
S7304471.JPG

Why do I grow anything else... :p

We are currently jamming out to the super hip stylings of Henry Mancini and his boys (Don Swan, Alvino Rey, J.Murad and the Harmonicats...). Well ALLLRIIIITGHT, Daddy-o :cool:

Dem boys.
S7304560.JPG

Dem boys r lookin "super hip" Pat haha

was lookin at some of the ninas number 1s top got some SAT leaves its guna b nice to see the finished product i've never seen Nina Buds must b something nice to c(WW x Haze)

Yo Bud, I never really paid attention to a LaNina grow, but once I saw L33t's LN pix, I was SCAVENGING for grow threads. Unfortunately, I could find just his. Not that there is ANYTHING lacking (or wasn't when the pix were linked, lol) in L's threads... :^)

I'm tryin to keep these in order from most vigor to least - same as the last set of male pix.
S7304562.JPG

S7304563.JPG

S7304561.JPG

S7304564.JPG

Mel Torme - 'Sunshine Superman'

I'm hopin for something special under 12 weeks...

I see Purple haha.....(must b some dank!.....cough* i'm a dumbass *cough)

I'm not sure how males r supposed to look in each stage but ther lookin nice, from wat i can tell

By vigorous do u mean how fast it grows/stretches? sry my vocabs not to good

Edit: if the male "nugs" grow faster in the flowerinf cycle and bigger then the other males would that indicate female bud growth as well?

J.w i kno u said stop thinkin bout the other stuff but i'd still like to kno wen the ? comes to my head again

Last edited:
Yeah, 'vigor' is just the grower's guestamate for the plant's will to grow and reproduce. If I supercrop it, the 'vigorous' plant corrects itself or freaks it's fans into wacky positions to grab light to repair itself QUICK. A normal plant shakes it off in ~2 days, and a low vigor plant will stunt, and the stem either stays sloppy, or starts to look sick...

Vigor is a combination and function of:
Speed to flower, Plant mass gained during the stretch, if the pots go dry quicker, fans get bigger, stems thicker relative to plant mass, roots jumping out of the soil, or a big woody bonsai root early... Just a feel for how fast/big/easily the plant wants to grow.

I don't know if it is proven, and I have not grown NEAR the crosses to make an EDUCATED guess, but I would see no reason that male flower size/shape/density/speed/resin coverage/color would NOT be more likely to show in the female offspring. I am thinking that selecting for a trait (or even just observing whether or not a parental trait is passed from male to female) does not care about the plant's gender. If the trait relies on certain alleles (groups of dna commands that can ride together) to be passed, than there may well be a link between male purpleness and female resin production, or leaf mutation, or extreme vigor, or whatever. (Ex: If babies born with say blue eyes get say cleft lip more often, or whatever, you can look at both 'controlling/predetermining gene, and see if they ride on the same allele/chromosome. Simple, really. ESPECIALLY with the definition/example I gave, :rolleyes: lol)

Science could map a cannabis gene pretty quickly if the $$ were there. I have read that it is a relatively simple and ancient plant. If all that shit is greek to you, good. It is mental masturbation for everyone w/o a proven breeder clone that we have used in dozens of crosses, and know what does and does not pass. Then we want to start using it as a baseline for clone after selected clone, and grow the progeny...

Breeding is like outdoor growing. Lotsa planning is cool. And even essential. But shit gets crazy at 3am with sweat POURING off of you into the hole, and you just heard a bear/car/snake/coyote/person, or saw a cop lights/alien/bear/whatever. Sleeping for 30 hours the day after you put a load out in an un-prepped spot... So yeah, it's nice to think, "I'm gonna go out there, the weather will be 55 and dry, I'll have a bottle of water for me, and I'll get a bukket or 2 when I'm done digging/planting (YEAH RIGHT. Haul water after digging. Uh-huh. Sounds good beforehand...). Then I'll dig for 30 min, plant for 15, and 20 min to get water, I'll be in and out in under 90... Then it's raining, and the ranger is chillin right there where you dropped (or DIDN'T :eek:) the plants, the dog eats 1/2 the clones on the ride there, you get to the dropped plants and there are slugs extinguishing ALL vigor, lol... Things are different with dirty fingernails.

The best way to wreck a grow is to put expectations on it. I feel like the same is true for seeds that I've made and am running. 100 wet beans later, I'm still all googly eyed - Jeepers, Wally, I shhhuuuurrrr hope she's puuuuurrrrrdyyy. He-hut, I wonder if she'll look like daddy or mommy... Then I smoke em, and the ol 80/20 rule applies... ;)

Last edited:
Back