The Best Breeder You've Never Heard Of

Wow dude, you got me, i quit lmao. I see the instagram millennial kids with the the newest, chemically feminized, autoflowering wonder weed variety doing a lot better with the indica's. Perhaps you should try one of their magic elixirs because they impressed me a lot more than you do. But thanks for proving you are full of sh*'t!!
I'm skewered by your rapier like wit, what's next, "Sez you!!"

I have no idea what a COE winner is but if I had to guess, it probably stands for Certfiably Obnoxious Ego (sorry Islandgrower, not referring to you). Don't you have some root/bloom boosters to go buy?

Yet another... wtmk

Last edited:
I'm skewered by your rapier like wit, what's next, "Sez you!!"

I have no idea what a COE winner is but if I had to guess, it probably stands for Certfiably Obnoxious Ego (sorry Islandgrower, not referring to you). Don't you have some root/bloom boosters to go buy?

Yet another... wtmk
Bro why so rude it is not needed. If you do not agree with someone's comment that is your right. However @Jahnova asked for some photos you obliged by showing some of what you are working with. The plants do look good. However you just had to kill the little good by your arrogant argumentative comment at the bottom. These things are not needed . Chill a bit. What is rubbing you the wrong way?
We here are like a family . We grow we learn and we joke with one another. We share our grows and problems. And get lots of advice from each other making us better.
There is absolutely no need for your hostility. It brings a dark cloud over the happy atmosphere here at Mr nice forum. Please chill out a bit and be more social you may actually like the place and make some friends while you are at it.
Anyway bro I hope you have a change of heart and move on from there .

Bro why so rude it is not needed. If you do not agree with someone's comment that is your right. However @Jahnova asked for some photos you obliged by showing some of what you are working with. The plants do look good. However you just had to kill the little good by your arrogant argumentative comment at the bottom. These things are not needed . Chill a bit. What is rubbing you the wrong way?
We here are like a family . We grow we learn and we joke with one another. We share our grows and problems. And get lots of advice from each other making us better.
There is absolutely no need for your hostility. It brings a dark cloud over the happy atmosphere here at Mr nice forum. Please chill out a bit and be more social you may actually like the place and make some friends while you are at it.
Anyway bro I hope you have a change of heart and move on from there .
I get angry when I feel I'm being disrespected and I respond in kind... and then some. I don't really feel some of the responses in this thread are "like family" , at least not a family I've ever been part of.

In our family, we respect age and experience.

The fact that I do things with cannabis with an absolute minimum of interference and quite differently than most here seems to make some people want to treat me like a dinosaur (or Grandmother with a new washing machine). That's why my avatar is a bruised and battered Barney, I'm used to it.

So when I get a hint of disrespect, I'll deal with it how I see fit. I'm not here to win friends, influence people, get awards/Brownie points, or get anyone to do or buy anything.

I'm here to share and gain knowledge, nothing more... nothing less.

I get angry when I feel I'm being disrespected and I respond in kind... and then some. I don't really feel some of the responses in this thread are "like family" , at least not a family I've ever been part of.

In our family, we respect age and experience.

The fact that I do things with cannabis with an absolute minimum of interference and quite differently than most here seems to make some people want to treat me like a dinosaur (or Grandmother with a new washing machine). That's why my avatar is a bruised and battered Barney, I'm used to it.

So when I get a hint of disrespect, I'll deal with it how I see fit. I'm not here to win friends, influence people, get awards/Brownie points, or get anyone to do or buy anything.

I'm here to share and gain knowledge, nothing more... nothing less.
No one was trying to disrespect just healthy discussion . Dont live on a past post and move on . It may be perceived wrongly as trolling . We all get defensive at times.

i did check out your blog as well and enjoyed reading it tbh . Glad you understand. As far as I am concerned you are OK maybe just misunderstood. Nice meeting you
Again bro. Respect and love from the islands .

In our family, we respect age and experience
In mine too but you come around here acting like you are mr. Know it all and disrespecting long time and active forum members that contribute THEIR knowledge and POSITIVITY to the site.. if you come to this forum throwing jabs at everyone be ready to receive too.
For your information, i am not new to this game either. I am gen X, started growing Haze indoors in '93, got well over 200 harvest under my belt and actually grew a few HTC winners. You can go to Amsterdam and ask around in the quality shops about me, they can tell you some stories.

Last edited:
Wow dude, you got me, i quit lmao. I see the instagram millennial kids with the the newest, chemically feminized, autoflowering wonder weed variety doing a lot better with the indica's. Perhaps you should try one of their magic elixirs because they impressed me a lot more than you do. But thanks for proving you are full of sh*'t!!
Good morning 🌞 bro. Ingnore him he is trolling.

@longball we need a stronger dose of this antitroll spray mate 🤠🌞🐝.

break time.png

It is a shame seeing life filtered through a lens of negativity and fear. Are we not already exhausted from this? I’m sure many get the lesson by now and obviously condescending attitudes do not foster goodwill either. Nor does being thin-skinned (everyone) increase understanding or connection, so buck up brothers, instead of firing salvos from afar, have the courage to stand in the fire.
Respect is earned. The Golden Rule comes to mind.
Through this site, we have been working hard to create a worldwide ohana, a family of kind and helpful souls. Let's continue the good work. We have our differences but argue maturely in respectful ways without intimidation and sucky attitudes. Best to leave the egos at the door and not let trivialities spoil the party. Much aloha!

mu

I’d like to try his strain “Captain Jack” but where to get his seeds?

Hi CBDcure, not sure but there is something listed on the 'WeedOnlinePortal' by the name of Captain Jack Seeds. Here's the description:

"Seeds of captain jack strain are one of the finest hybrids of Northern lights and haze to ever be created. It was first produced in the Netherlands in the 1990s. As a certified legendary strain, Captain Jack cannabis was initially marketed by Dutch pharmacies in the mid-’90s. Many producers have sought to develop Captain Jack cannabis in sunny or Mediterranean regions, and indoor gardeners may expect to wait 50 to 70 days for the strain to blossom."

Jack says he "hoarded" the seeds for decades, so I'm not sure he's turned into a seed seller this late in "the game". It seems like he's the Head Grower at Belushi Farms. I'd reach out to them to ask if they are supplying online vendors with Captain Jack seeds, before purchasing anything online under that name. Just to be sure.

"Jack Murtha, known as 'Captain Jack,' is a pioneer of cannabis cultivation who spent more than 40 years perfecting his namesake strain, based on Gulzar Afghanica, which he first encountered in 1971 during a hot summer in the valley of the Kush Mountains in Afghanistan. Learning the Afghani process for cultivating the plant, Captain Jack was gifted seeds by the village elders and he's been growing the pure landrace strain from seed to flower ever since.

"After working to perfect his strain, which has roots in Afghanistan's 4,000-year-old traditions, Captain Jack is working with Belushi's Farm and Select to turn this legendary strain into oil," said Jim Belushi. "This strain has never been tweaked in a laboratory or compromised, making it a perfect match for Select's unparalleled quality. And, I can say it's likely it has inspired many historic comedy sketches throughout the mid to late '70s. Thanks to its long and storied history in the halls and offices of 30 Rock, we call Captain Jack's strain 'the Smell of SNL.' "

Curaleaf's Select Brand Announces Partnership with Jim Belushi and Belushi's Farm

Last edited:
@charlesufarley said: "...flushing...That is something I've would never, ever do... just doesn't make sense and not validated by science."

Hello charlesufarley! :)

Will you please explain why you "would never, ever flush"? I realize that your answer will not be validated by science but I am interested in what made you come to that conclusion. I cannot find any 'white' or 'abstract' scientific papers on flushing. Only anecdotal stories. I flush based on the 'best of 7' concept. I read internet articles on flushing - some say flush, some say don't flush. Whichever opinion gets to 4 first(best of 7) is what I do. Some years I flush, some years I don't, depends which opinion gets to 4 first. Right now I am at 3 for flushing, 3 for not flushing. Your answer may help me to decide to flush or not. So.....why would you never, ever flush?

Longball
Global web icon
RX Green Technologies
https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/rxgt_trials/flushing-trial

Hi CBDcure, not sure but there is something listed on the 'WeedOnlinePortal' by the name of Captain Jack Seeds. Here's the description:

"Seeds of captain jack strain are one of the finest hybrids of Northern lights and haze to ever be created. It was first produced in the Netherlands in the 1990s. As a certified legendary strain, Captain Jack cannabis was initially marketed by Dutch pharmacies in the mid-’90s. Many producers have sought to develop Captain Jack cannabis in sunny or Mediterranean regions, and indoor gardeners may expect to wait 50 to 70 days for the strain to blossom."

Jack says he "hoarded" the seeds for decades, so I'm not sure he's turned into a seed seller this late in "the game". It seems like he's the Head Grower at Belushi Farms. I'd reach out to them to ask if they are supplying online vendors with Captain Jack seeds, before purchasing anything online under that name. Just to be sure.

"Jack Murtha, known as 'Captain Jack,' is a pioneer of cannabis cultivation who spent more than 40 years perfecting his namesake strain, based on Gulzar Afghanica, which he first encountered in 1971 during a hot summer in the valley of the Kush Mountains in Afghanistan. Learning the Afghani process for cultivating the plant, Captain Jack was gifted seeds by the village elders and he's been growing the pure landrace strain from seed to flower ever since.

"After working to perfect his strain, which has roots in Afghanistan's 4,000-year-old traditions, Captain Jack is working with Belushi's Farm and Select to turn this legendary strain into oil," said Jim Belushi. "This strain has never been tweaked in a laboratory or compromised, making it a perfect match for Select's unparalleled quality. And, I can say it's likely it has inspired many historic comedy sketches throughout the mid to late '70s. Thanks to its long and storied history in the halls and offices of 30 Rock, we call Captain Jack's strain 'the Smell of SNL.' "

Curaleaf's Select Brand Announces Partnership with Jim Belushi and Belushi's Farm
I have no way to know if this guy is legit but all I can say is that a pure Afghan/Indica would to me not seem to be creative or inspiring. That’s what Sativas do…Belushi seems to be trying to really promote his brand but also legalizing throughout the USA and releasing of cannabis prisoners which is awesome. Let me know if I’m wrong about creativity and Afghan. I’m a Sativa guy but ok with sat dom hybrids so maybe I’m biased…

I have no way to know if this guy is legit but all I can say is that a pure Afghan/Indica would to me not seem to be creative or inspiring. That’s what Sativas do…Belushi seems to be trying to really promote his brand but also legalizing throughout the USA and releasing of cannabis prisoners which is awesome. Let me know if I’m wrong about creativity and Afghan. I’m a Sativa guy but ok with sat dom hybrids so maybe I’m biased…

Hey BB, you raise a good point about the nature of the indica effect. Since I'm not an expert on pure indica strains, but far from it, I'm not really qualified to say if there are (or aren't) any strains of the "afghanica" that are "mind expanding" like the Captain describes. I have always thought of them as more sedative and physical in effect, than cerebral. Clearly the Cap't thinks differently, which was part of the intrigue for me, about his story.

I do know that today there seems to be a growing number of growers/users who want to get rid of the old 'sativa' / 'indica' tags; as they claim, to my great surprise, that there are indicas which are as cerebral in their effects as the long flowering, tropical sativa. I find that hard to believe at best, but their number grows.

They say the timing of the harvest and method of cure determines the effect of an indica, as much as the genetics. So, I'm left scratching my head, wondering where the disconnect is occurring.

As for the Cap't selling his seeds, I highly doubt any product online being sold as 'Captain Jack' seeds are actually from him. At the end of that video, he says "many" people tried to get seeds from over the decades and he never gave them anything. That seems to imply, to me at least, that he isn't selling them, anywhere; assuming the "story" is true and not pure fiction.

He also seems to imply that all the plants in that greenhouse, such as the ones in the background of the video, are Cap't Jack Afghanica, capable of attaining a massive height of 12 ft (4 m) or better, given a longer vegg time; double the height of the average indica. So, once again, if there's any truth to the story, it sounds like a very special strain, indeed. However, where's the "pudding"?

What are they waiting for? A patent? It seems like he was hinting that he's trying to get a patent on it, before releasing it. Perhaps I'm reading too much into what he said; but he did mention a company by name, and said they want a strain to breed true for 10 years before they certify it as "true breeding". That video is now 8 years old, so perhaps we have a couple more years to wait before the genuine 'Smell of SNL" flower hits the open market.

Cheers! - FF

Excellent thoughts, views and questions to be answered FF! I myself never enjoyed Indicas so my experience with them is minimal and never had any mental stimulation after smoking, only tired. You are absolutely correct on timing of the harvest and effects but my experience is only with Sativas…

I’ll just stick with MrNice…

Back in the day my future brother in-law gave me some seeds of a strain he had bred , he called them walts wonder.
seriously sr\trong buzz that had a killer couch lock effect. We used to always have some of walt's flower around for occasional person that came around talking trash.
I'm sure you heard it, i can smoke anything, it doesn't really affect me or there just being a braggart.
We lived on the beach and always were entertaining so this happened kinda reguary. we would just look at each other and nood, then one of us would get up and pull the walt's wonder and start burin up a storm but giving the guest walts creation. Just like clockwork it would shut them up as they became part of the background. It got to be known by my good friends and they would ask for it sometimes for a friend and we knew why :) .
those were the days, living on the beach, gorilla growing, and just living in the moment.

I see the point about indica but in imho I liked it all. I love the spectrum of it's ways and use it all for different reasons.
I loved growing white rhino back then... there was something about it that keep us coming back.

/steve

"Seeds of captain jack strain are one of the finest hybrids of Northern lights and haze to ever be created. It was first produced in the Netherlands in the 1990s....
Didn't have to read any more than that to realize this is utter and complete marketing bullshit, so no need to read further.

Leave it to us Americans to take someone who has spent 40 plus years developing a very unique and specialized strain of cannabis and then market his work with hype and bullshit, with the only purpose to make a buck.
'
I'll add Curaleaf to a list that includes Authentic Genetics as companies that make up grandiose stories that are complete fabrications to hawk their product.

Back