Super Silver Haze, A nice keeper!

if it is the same plant, at the beginning of the thread you write it comes from between 2012-14. very inspirational, hope you re spending a decent summer, this years weather could be a real test as it is very wet? (compared to the last 3-4 years)

best wishes
Hello bigiron.

Thank you, I hope you have a good summer also and are doing well.

You are right about the wheather, very challenging indeed this year...

This cut is still the same from the beginning of the thread. You are correct that I bought the seeds between '12-'14 but I was not sure when I planted these.
I do believe it can't be after '16, time flies.

Greetings.

Last step after finding a special cut is trying to preserve it.
I have another straw of SSH wich will be used to hunt for males but this won't happen until a few more years.
A little birdie told me that Mango Haze and Mango Haze IBL are good breeding material so I kept pollen from the most resinous and fragrant studs.

Some info on the males here:

Second time I make seeds, first time selecting males and pollinating by hand.
Pollen is around 10 months old, today was the first time it left the freezer.

The females are around 3,5 weeks in flower now, they only get some bloom fertilizer.
They are force flowered outside.🌞

View attachment 88679

Each branch is colour coded, MHI#5, MH#5 and MH#15 pollen in flour looked still the same and was dry.

View attachment 88681

Now 🤞!

View attachment 88683

This is the last step in trying to preserve my SSH cut.

All the information I gathered to do this came from this site!😊
Had fun doing this also, cirkel is complete.
Looks like I will have Super Silver Mango Haze seeds this year.🤩

After pollination I saw about 20% of the hairs turn brown after 5 days.
I repeated the proces with my 2nd batch of pollen and saw more hairs turn brown the next days.
Since then I keep them in 4-5 hours of direct sun/day (morning and evening) in order not to cook the seeds in the strong summer sun.
I figured that seeds are normally formed with weaker autum sun?
They are fed lightly to avoid thick and hard seeds shells and from now on no more rain on them.

Fun watching these seed form!

SSHseed5.jpgSSHseed6.jpgSSHseed7.jpgSSHseed8.jpgSSHseed9.jpg

Looks like I will have Super Silver Mango Haze seeds this year.🤩

After pollination I saw about 20% of the hairs turn brown after 5 days.
I repeated the proces with my 2nd batch of pollen and saw more hairs turn brown the next days.
Since then I keep them in 4-5 hours of direct sun/day (morning and evening) in order not to cook the seeds in the strong summer sun.
I figured that seeds are normally formed with weaker autum sun?
They are fed lightly to avoid thick and hard seeds shells and from now on no more rain on them.

Fun watching these seed form!

View attachment 89989View attachment 89990View attachment 89991View attachment 89992View attachment 89993
Nice baby pics from a proud father! Nice going Swifty! You may have to have a contest to name your new addition to the cannabis world...

Back