Super Silver Haze, A nice keeper!

It would be interesting to see how she reacts to my 2x2
I experienced anywhere from 2x-4x stretch with my SSH. Mind you, my light entensity was subpar and the light itself, too far away. You might not experience as much stretch as myself if your light levels are on point.

I have to say, they were rather enjoyable to grow. The terp profile while flowering was delightful. Best of all, the smell translated into the flavor when smoking.

Unique terps, frosted buds, and a mellow relaxing high that always elevates ones mood and works for both daytime and evenings. What's not to love?

I experienced anywhere from 2x-4x stretch with my SSH. Mind you, my light entensity was subpar and the light itself, too far away. You might not experience as much stretch as myself if your light levels are on point.

I have to say, they were rather enjoyable to grow. The terp profile while flowering was delightful. Best of all, the smell translated into the flavor when smoking.

Unique terps, frosted buds, and a mellow relaxing high that always elevates ones mood and works for both daytime and evenings. What's not to love?

I’m thinking medicine man for the first attempt then following it up with ssh.
But I need to understand timelines in relation to my grow space.
I’ll be starting a post to address all my questions so I can make a better decision.
Very excited either way.

Thanks for your input
/steve

I’m thinking medicine man for the first attempt then following it up with ssh.
But I need to understand timelines in relation to my grow space.
Medicine Man is a wonderful plant. I grew it alongside my SSH. Most of the phenos stayed relatively short and uniform. Old-school Afghan flavor with frosted flowers that melts tension away. @musashi was spot on when he told me 9-11 weeks for flowering. I highly recommend this chemovar! 🤤

Last edited:
Medicine Man is a wonderful plant. I grew it alongside my SSH. Most of the phenos stayed relatively short and uniform. Old-school Afghan flavor with frosted flowers that melt tension away. @musashi was spot on when he told me 9-11 weeks for flowering. I highly recommend this chemovar! 🤤
Thanks I’m going to try hard to figure out how to make it work.
/steve

SSH is my favorite by far.
Needs some pheno hunting but there are pheno's that have exceptional psychedelic potency.
Next to that there is a pheno that has the most addictive taste and smell, in effect it is a true 🚀!

It is a complex polyhybrid, this shows in the pheno's.
The SSH pheno I kept can stretch a lot as you can see in my shed grows.
However with root restriction at the right timing she can be tamed as you can see in my latest tent grow with the Mango Haze's.
Outdoors she behaves more.

Anyway good luck with your next grow @GrowViper.

If you scrog or flip clones into flower, then your minimal vertical space shouldn't be an issue with the MM. Check out the last page of my MM thread https://mrnice.nl/forum/threads/ive-fallen-and-i-cant-get-up-pass-the-medicine-man-😷.18418/page-12 you'll see that most of my MM stayed pretty short. Shoot me a dm if you have any questions.
I
SSH is my favorite by far.
Needs some pheno hunting but there are pheno's that have exceptional psychedelic potency.
Next to that there is a pheno that has the most addictive taste and smell, in effect it is a true 🚀!

It is a complex polyhybrid, this shows in the pheno's.
The SSH pheno I kept can stretch a lot as you can see in my shed grows.
However with root restriction at the right timing she can be tamed as you can see in my latest tent grow with the Mango Haze's.
Outdoors she behaves more.

Anyway good luck with your next grow @GrowViper.
psychedelics, yeah 👍🏻
That’s a whole nother goal 😊

But the more I think about ssh it has to be the second grow from me with MNS stock.
It could be fun and I think that with all the experience here, we could pick the best ones for the tent as they develop.
I’ll address my thoughts this weekend but I’m loving the idea. I need to see the mountain top to know what I’m seeking

/steve

Last step after finding a special cut is trying to preserve it.
I have another straw of SSH wich will be used to hunt for males but this won't happen until a few more years.
A little birdie told me that Mango Haze and Mango Haze IBL are good breeding material so I kept pollen from the most resinous and fragrant studs.

Some info on the males here:

Second time I make seeds, first time selecting males and pollinating by hand.
Pollen is around 10 months old, today was the first time it left the freezer.

The females are around 3,5 weeks in flower now, they only get some bloom fertilizer.
They are force flowered outside.🌞

SEED2.jpg

Each branch is colour coded, MHI#5, MH#5 and MH#15 pollen in flour looked still the same and was dry.

SSHseed2.jpg

Now 🤞!

SSHseed4.jpg

This is the last step in trying to preserve my SSH cut.

All the information I gathered to do this came from this site!😊
Had fun doing this also, cirkel is complete.

Attachments

• SSHseed3.jpg
    SSHseed3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • SSHseed1.jpg
    SSHseed1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • SEED1.jpg
    SEED1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
I have another straw of SSH wich will be used to hunt for males but this won't happen until a few more years.
A little birdie told me that Mango Haze and Mango Haze IBL are good breeding material so I kept pollen from the most resinous and fragrant studs.

The females are around 3,5 weeks in flower now, they only get some bloom fertilizer.

View attachment 88679

Each branch is colour coded, MHI#5, MH#5 and MH#15 pollen in flour looked still the same and was dry.

View attachment 88681

Now 🤞!

View attachment 88683

You're a true inspiration @Swifty (y)

Thank you for all your great threads :)

MB

View attachment 88679

View attachment 88681

Now 🤞!

View attachment 88683

o : )

View attachment 88679

View attachment 88681

Now 🤞!

View attachment 88683

Looking forward to see what you find Swifty, will you be back crossing to your ssh cut to eventually make an IBL

Thank you!:)

Pherhaps later eazynz, for now it is just trying to preserve the genetics when I have the chance.
Next year I will run NH, I plan to do the same with the best males I find there.
Got to love regular seed for projects, it's nice to be able to preserve a genetic or even possibly improve it. I've found myself with approximately 600 seeds from u2 in hopes of doing the same. 😆 you can never have to many seeds aye @longball

Made some nice pictures from my SSH keeper clone past weekend.
I looked into my notes but can't find when I exactly sprouted the seeds were she originated from.
I did found that she was around before 2017, logic says that I have sprouted the SSH in spring 2016 (the selection was done outdoors).
That makes her atleast 8 years old by now.

She still has great vigour and prolific budset, pics are from mid flower.
MNS Super Silver Haze, Swifty cut:

Attachments

• SSH9.jpg
    SSH9.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • SSH8.jpg
    SSH8.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • SSH7.jpg
    SSH7.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • SSH6.jpg
    SSH6.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • SSH5.jpg
    SSH5.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • SSH4.jpg
    SSH4.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • SSH3.jpg
    SSH3.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • SSH2.jpg
    SSH2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • SSH1.jpg
    SSH1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • SSH10.jpg
    SSH10.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Made some nice pictures from my SSH keeper clone past weekend.
I looked into my notes but can't find when I exactly sprouted the seeds were she originated from.
I did found that she was around before 2017, logic says that I have sprouted the SSH in spring 2016 (the selection was done outdoors).
That makes her atleast 8 years old by now.

She still has great vigour and prolific budset, pics are from mid flower.
MNS Super Silver Haze, Swifty cut:

if it is the same plant, at the beginning of the thread you write it comes from between 2012-14. very inspirational, hope you re spending a decent summer, this years weather could be a real test as it is very wet? (compared to the last 3-4 years)

best wishes

Back