Shark Shock - Indoor Organic Coco LED

Oh man, you got me so keen for mine! I just put my 10 to flower yesterday!!

That’s awesome! Do you have a thread going? I’ve popped in and out of so many threads I can’t remember what I’ve seen and what I haven’t at this point lol.

edit: I found it :)
Nice work! I’m sure I’ll be popping in and out as you finish them up 👍

Last edited:
The fade is real! I did take some Canon photos but won’t have the time to get them on the computer / edit them for a little while. Here’s a few phone pics from just now.

First day of Week 9 of flower (I believe day 64 of flower). Checked the trichomes and some are still clear, some are starting to get cloudy. Not seeing any ambers yet. Trichome productions seems to be continuing to increase. Hopefully the trend continues right til the end!
273F85CE-D4D0-4C1C-8E9C-6EBDFB654276.jpeg
2FECD594-CD8B-4539-98AF-3D43C105F98D.jpeg
D77F6267-F25E-4C6F-A4F0-F28B8DC78C10.jpeg

Side note: I got myself a new dehumidifier (the one I was borrowing was on its last leg). This one is beautiful, runs so much quieter and has been keeping the humidity very low!

what a beautiful journal you got going, dude. i can't believe some of these photographs of yours.

Do you know why fungus gnats became a problem in your last grow? Did you change anything this run that had an impact?

Thanks @sneakyfeck!

Yeah I think I know why. I had read when using coco and organic dry ammendments you had to keep the medium “wet” or maybe they said “moist” at all times or the microbiology in the medium will die and not be there to make the nutrients available for the plants. So because of that I would wet the medium at top of the pots pretty much every time I saw it drying out. So the medium never dried out enough and the constantly wet medium was likely a perfect breeding ground for the gnats / flies / whatever they were. I’ve been letting the medium dry like normal and only watering them after lifting the pots and being able to tell it was quite dry. It seems to have solved the problem and the plants haven’t looked like they’ve been hungry for nutrients all grow! (Other than when the nutes in the medium were running low (as they should have been) both wheb they were due for a top dressing and now that I’m trying to get a good fade!)

Ah i see. That makes total sense and corresponds to my experience so far. Yeah I think coco might be more prone to attract gnats in the first place, as opposed to soil. Same goes for wood, which i think, is what caused a gnat explosion in my grow.

Watering definitely is something to look out for i suppose, organic soils do love to have a bit of water in it, altho in general should require less than with mineral ferts. But the fungus gnats lay their eggs in moist soil if im not wrong, - so you gotta let it dry out between waterings. Then again.. you can also go for profylactics. You can for instance cover your soil with a layer of sand or even better, - diatomaceous earth. And/or you can also add nematodes Steinernema feltiae or Steinernema carpocapsae that hunt for the larvae of the gnats.

as i said. i had some gnats. lol. The gnat attack stretched the flowering time, and increased the terpene production in the plants im certain and consequently these flowers have turned out to be the nicest i have burned so far.

Hope it is okay to share a picture i took of a fungus gnat that was stuck in one of my flowers, - if its not ill take it down of course.. Don't mean to take over your thread just thought it looked cool. Look at that sticky beast defending itself against an onslaught of gnats. - the gnats never stood a chance... notice how every leg is just completely entangled by sticky trichomes. - this guy isnt going anywhere soon.

p3240425-jpg.62020

Last edited:
TGTDE, absolutely gorgeous bro! Love the bulging calyxes and resin production on the #6 SS. Did she maintain the funky skunk smell? Very interested in the smoke report and how she turns out for you. What other number has peaked your interest or is in the runoff for your favorite? A job well done my friend. Best wishes, Tric

TGTDE, absolutely gorgeous bro! Love the bulging calyxes and resin production on the #6 SS. Did she maintain the funky skunk smell? Very interested in the smoke report and how she turns out for you. What other number has peaked your interest or is in the runoff for your favorite? A job well done my friend. Best wishes, Tric

Thanks @triceratops , definitely has maintained the funky skunky fuely smell.

Most of these sharks smell pretty unique. My Brother came by and described the one as straight up smelling like rotting garbage 😂 🤢. Excited to taste and feel the differences in smoke + effects. I know I’m not going to get all that much off each individual plant. (If I had to guess it’ll be 14-20 grams per plant after this 10-14 day dry but I’ll have lots of seeds of each crossed with my fruitiest Mango Haze male, which is exciting.

I am personally most fond of the the most offensive smelling strains. I had a maple leaf indica from sensi seeds back in the early 2000's that smelled of sewage but the taste was so flavorful. Did you keep cuts of all the girls where you can run them again or is the SS x MH seeds going to be way the best Shark Shock lives on?

Yeah that’s kind of what I’m hoping for! Since Shanti blessed me with the honour of getting to test some Mango Haze Inbread x AC Haze my plans to reveg the current round of plants has gone out the window. Whichever pheno ends up being the fan favourite with friends/fam from this round will probably be explored after the MHIxAC run that’s next!

Last edited:
A little phone camera flash action to show off the trichomes on SS6. Currently 5 days into her dry. I had been struggling to keep the humidity where I’d like it (58%-61%) the first few days of drying, so I might get them in jars a few days sooner than planned. It’s in that sweet spot now but I want to try and avoid having them dry out too much too quickly. They’re looking good so far tho 😍. So excited to test em!!
9EB3B081-18B7-47CB-A1DE-943E6482459E.jpeg

Quick smoke report on Shark Shock 6 - …. I am straight FUC**D UP!! Damn this the most sativa leaning plant I’ve smoked in a while… damnn, huge visual / auditory improving, legit trippy high with a euphoria to her while also taking me right up to the edge of a bit of a aniexty/panic attack a couple times but I was able to pull myself back to “relaxed” / distracted from it, both times which was nice! Oh both times I’ve smoked this plant I had some really insightful realizations or epiphanies your could say that I feel will truly have a lasting positive effect.

Played some fortnite (first person shooter video game) and this is the first smoke in quite some time that has improved my performance / focus / reaction times in any sort of sport or game in quite some time. Really the only other smoke that’s had similar kind of improvements on my game and attention was some Sour Diesel I bought online 4 or 5 years ago! Got high and became a beer pong legend I could not miss, was calling shots, had the rest of the bachelor party watching really impressed!

Speaking of impressed Shark Shock #6 I am really impressed!! After I grow some MHI x AC Haze, I’m coming back to look through the Shark Shock #6 x Mango Haze #2 seeds I’m going to get from this harvest! Wonderful plant and experience, thank you Shanti!! Can’t wait to test out the other 5 sharks and Mango Haze now in jars!

Will wait for a bit if a cure to comment on taste / smell but she’s a smelly girl. All the sharks have unque smells to them 🤤, very excited!

Last edited:
Thanks @PtreeCi !

The sharks have been getting a bit of a cure going and their smells have improved quite a bit even in the short amount of time they’ve been curing so far. I’ll be going on a quick camping trip with the guys soon and I’m going to be sure to take a couple joints of each and report back with what the group thinks!!

Back