Shark Shock - Indoor Organic Coco LED

Looking back on some photos I took while topping, it appears Shark Shock #7 might be a good male candidate for crossing. Pretty hollow stem compared to his siblings and especially for being such a small plant at the time.

88FE8ED0-D0EC-4C41-A848-FDB22D373DD5.jpeg

In the bright areas of the macro preflower photo (on page 2) it looks to already have lots of resin glands. If he ends up having tight floral clusters and a fruity smell, Iā€™m going to be extremely excited!!

Last edited:
What a difference 3 days of ideal conditions can have on a garden! Watered most earlier so they are a tad droopy.

Today 5/27, Day 5 of flower (I think).
610DB13C-A506-49D5-8246-FCFDD6EBB851.jpeg

Temp -consistsnt 77F day / 70 lowest at night.

Humidity consistently 60%.
(Per VPD charts Iā€™m going to aim for 50-55% for the next 3-4 weeks).

They seem to be happy nutrient wise. Colour looks great in person and stems are less purple than pre transplant. Keeping a close eye on their leaves for potential issues.

So far Iā€™ve had zero problems with gnats / little flies in the medium. Iā€™ll credit that to learning how to properly water plants šŸ˜‚. Been letting them dry out more between waterings (lifting them all to see how dry they are). Also the fabric pots + increased perilite in the mix have helped them dry out faster too. Iā€™d personally prefer them too dry out too fast than too slow.

Iā€™d like to be at a higher light intensity but Iā€™m pretty sure poor air exchange is holding them back. When Iā€™ve attempted to bump up the dimmer they havenā€™t seemed to like it. Iā€™m pretty confident they need more CO2 in the room. Iā€™m waiting on a part but ventilation should be on point early next week!

Running out of room quickly.. will be getting rid of all males but Shark Shock 7 (and the best Mango Haze Male) soon as I can confirm which are males.

Last edited:
So (as I quite honestly expected,) I ran into a hermaphadite problem. I had read that this strain doesnā€™t do well packed in to tight spaces, and that you need to keep the lower branches cleaned off. So when I packed a whole bunch of them in a tight space I knew was playing with fire.

Shark Shock #10, SS#7 and one other either SS#4 or SS#5 all ended up with boy and girl parts. Boy parts mostly on the lower areas of the plants and girl parts up top. One of the two between #4 & #5 was a true male, but I canā€™t remember which. Given my lack of space I got rid of them all.

Iā€™m keeping a male Mango Haze to impregnate the group. Iā€™d like to have some seeds as little genetic backups in case revenging doesnā€™t go well.

All the female Shark Shocks and Mango Haze look free of boy parts so I donā€™t think it was a different factor causing the Hermes.

Quick shot of the group.

6E83D046-F970-4556-807F-EDBE27B06779.jpeg
3 Female Mango Haze + 2 Male, 6 Female Shark Shock, 2 feminized Pink Kush (family members medicine) and 1 small Feminized zkittlez that needs transplanting.

So (as I quite honestly expected,) I ran into a hermaphadite problem. I had read that this strain doesnā€™t do well packed in to tight spaces, and that you need to keep the lower branches cleaned off. So when I packed a whole bunch of them in a tight space I knew was playing with fire.

Shark Shock #10, SS#7 and one other either SS#4 or SS#5 all ended up with boy and girl parts. Boy parts mostly on the lower areas of the plants and girl parts up top. One of the two between #4 & #5 was a true male, but I canā€™t remember which. Given my lack of space I got rid of them all.

Iā€™m keeping a male Mango Haze to impregnate the group. Iā€™d like to have some seeds as little genetic backups in case revenging doesnā€™t go well.

All the female Shark Shocks and Mango Haze look free of boy parts so I donā€™t think it was a different factor causing the Hermes.

Quick shot of the group.

View attachment 60869
3 Female Mango Haze + 2 Male, 6 Female Shark Shock, 2 feminized Pink Kush (family members medicine) and 1 small Feminized zkittlez that needs transplanting.
Sorry to hear about the hermie issues mate. Hopefully I don't stumble into too many issues, I just popped 10 of my own and got 9 above soil. I have them in with about 50 other seedlings so fingers crossed they don't herm on me. Got 10 medicine man in there too lol.
The plants you did keep have a great structure though!

So I decided today (technically yesterday now) was the day I show the garden some love!! I could tell the children were getting hungry so I got a nice compost tea brewing a couple days ago and let the medium dry out a bit.

I learned more than a couple lessons from my Super Silver Haze grow and some came in to play today!

This grow I left quite a bit of room at the top of each pot for their mid flower top dressing + a little fresh coco to be mixed in. I found last grow the top dressing mix (without any fresh coco added) didnā€™t mix in well with the older medium below it and created a hard almost clay-like layer. Not to mention I didnā€™t have much room in each pot for the top dressing because I filled them practically right to the top at the start of last grow! This layer made watering a little more difficult and provided an environment that the gnats (or small flies of some sort) loved.

So today all the plants got topdressed with some worm castings, 2-8-4 bloom dry ammendments, dolomite lime and fresh coco. Once that was added to the pots I got it all inoculating by wetting it with dechlorinated water. I then finished it off by giving them a healthy sized drink of the compost tea.

While I was in there getting my hands dirty I decided to raise the light! It is now almost as high as it can go because I wanted to bump up the intensity on the dimmer and make sure these buds get as plump as possible over the next few weeks. (I also got the feminized off brand ā€œzkittlezā€ transplanted in to a 2 gallon fabric pot.

When I checked on the garden a couple hours later the children were praying and I was left feeling quite accomplished! Now we wait and see if I timed and measured it all properly. Hoping they run out of food at the proper time will get a nice fade!!

Ps: I shot some nice baby bud photos earlier of each plant that I just edited. Will get them posted in here later today (but they are uploaded in the media section already for this if you that simply canā€™t wait!! šŸ˜†)

Last edited:
Bud Macro Shots from today (Day 21 of flower) of the three frostiest girls to this point. For those of you interested in highest detail possible stop by my Shark Shock media album, was able to upload much large file sized versions there!

Shark Shock 2
676EBB16-7398-4355-92D5-9A7BF626BCE6.jpeg

Shark Shock 9
D93203C1-F90B-46D2-898F-7C3C3EAAAAD9.jpeg

Shark Shock 11
3B0C3395-8CE7-48FC-B7DF-A3CC2025CE61.jpeg

Last edited:
Interested in your medium mix, adding lime now. Do you ph water going in or have to adjust with more lime going forward?

Following this thread, your mix and selection of strains interests me.

Thank you

After re-reading the grow journal up to this point I just wanted to come clean and be completely transparent with some of the changes Iā€™ve made since my SSH grow. Also how I think each change has helped. Last grow I ran into Cal Mag issues, big PH swings in the medium, and various over watering problems including fungus gnats and minimal ā€œprayingā€!

This grow I have:

- Added dolomite lime to my medium mix as well as in the medium mix with each transplant and during the week 3 of flower top dressing. This seems to have helped buffer the PH of the medium and prevented any cal mag issues from popping up to this point.

- I have been watering with dechlorinated tap water with the PH completely UNADJUSTED! (The natural PH of my tap water is around 7.0). The dolomite lime seems to be buffering the medium PH level just fine.

- When watering Iā€™ve been aiming to completely saturate all the medium in the pot, but with minimal to NO RUNOFF! I Have NOT been watering with the 20% runoff some online (and at the local grow store) have suggested despite me telling them Iā€™m using slow release ammendments.

- For the final transplant I transplanted into fabric pots. And as I previously mentioned I added some coco to the topdressing to prevent it from forming a hard claylike layer at the top of the pot. The fabric pots help them dry out faster between waterings and letā€™s the roots get lots of air. My 1-2 SSH plants I had in fabric pots flourished compared to the ones in plastic. Iā€™m sure if I waited longer between waterings for the plastic pot plants theyā€™d have done fine but fabric pots it is for me moving forward!

- Iā€™ve waited significantly longer between waterings and only watered a plant when its pot felt very light when lifting it! There have been numerous times where the top layer of the medium was dry but the pot was still heavy (and therefore didnā€™t need watering). This is a prime example of how I ran into overwatering problems prior grow by only using my eyes and feeling the top layer of the medium instead of lifting the pot to see how much water was actually still in it!!

last but not least Iā€™ve had a little less air movement in the grow area compared to prior grows where the fans had the leavesmoving almost constantly. I think this was a little too much stress. I saw a Bruce Bugbee video where he described and I think showed the idea amount of leaf movement from the fans and Iā€™ve copied that. Occasionally Iā€™ve adjusted the fans while in the room and could tell within an hour the plants were reacting negatively that were getting the brunt of the increased wind.

As for updates the plants have been praying like crazy and all look great so far. Humidity has been starting to creep up. Now that the buds are starting to grow Iā€™m going to start decreasing the humidity slowly until the end.

Back