- recently added some canna bioboost and simply just water pH 6,3

Northern Kush 1
-darn good looking & smelling #1

View attachment 77040

Northern Kush 3
- hazier kush :p

View attachment 77041

Northern Widow 2
- darn good looking #2 (thining its leafs)

View attachment 77042

Northern Widow 3
-amazin fillup ;)

View attachment 77043

to be continued . . .
View attachment 77037

Your plants look great (y)

My tidy mind is always impressed by your set up :LOL: And you inspired me to get a 'Space Booster' for my grow tent (y)

Keep it tidy
MB

It is very interesting light....
Not that bright as you would think, compared to my previous viparspectra xs1000, that blinded me on powering up !

I have just luxmeter to make calculations for PAR
But the spread is unbelievable 8o the colour seems more orange anbd the output is actually much better...
But the spread !!! Seems there is approx.800-1000 over whole Area at 30cm distance, at 40cm it drops down to approx. 650-800 based on my PAR calculations for hiCRI leds!!!
Each section of diodes point at slightly different place...

Cute engineering for thew money, sorry for advertising, just my 1st impressions are that great.

The photo is on max power settings 150W

IMG_5519.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_5529.jpg
Day 40

Yesterday I have added better bit of bioboost with watering.
I found some seeds, now I know my projects are in good shape :)
Week after the use of new light, the plants started to smell a bit, so I have put in use separate extractor I have for the scenario...
Smell is pleasant fruity, like I get home after work and search for washed clothes... Oh these are my babies.. Cute !
Lots of trichomes forming too...
See the colours and all for yourself :)

Northern Widow 2
- she starts sugaring
- smells delicious
- and looks amazing aswell
-.this is some tasty looking widow to me

NW2.jpg
NW2detail.jpg

Northern Widow 3

- look at her, ... now say something !!
- some pretty dominant sativa here
- tasty spicy smell to her
- the vigour, and everything about her
- amazing
- her leafs are kind of fading into yellow in the bottom, dont know why... will work on that

NW3.jpgNW3detail.jpg

Northern Kush 1

- sexy plant with lots of trichomes
- very colourfull plant
- kushy & sweet smells
- did I say nice colours ?
- the colours are fantastic

NK1.jpgNK1detail.jpg

Northern Kush 3
- this plant is interesting, she bulks its flowers, seems very heavy
- smells like wash machine on opening (I think it is ocean fresh or something)
- also seems she will flower out longer then NK1

NK3detail.jpg

NK3.jpg

love this grow

Last edited:
View attachment 77286
Day 40

Yesterday I have added better bit of bioboost with watering.
I found some seeds, now I know my projects are in good shape :)
Week after the use of new light, the plants started to smell a bit, so I have put in use separate extractor I have for the scenario...
Smell is pleasant fruity, like I get home after work and search for washed clothes... Oh these are my babies.. Cute !
Lots of trichomes forming too...
See the colours and all for yourself :)

Northern Widow 2
- she starts sugaring
- smells delicious
- and looks amazing aswell
-.this is some tasty looking widow to me

View attachment 77291
View attachment 77292

Northern Widow 3

- look at her, ... now say something !!
- some pretty dominant sativa here
- tasty spicy smell to her
- the vigour, and everything about her
- amazing
- her leafs are kind of fading into yellow in the bottom, dont know why... will work on that

View attachment 77293View attachment 77294

Northern Kush 1

- sexy plant with lots of trichomes
- very colourfull plant
- kushy & sweet smells
- did I say nice colours ?
- the colours are fantastic

View attachment 77287View attachment 77288

Northern Kush 3
- this plant is interesting, she bulks its flowers, seems very heavy
- smells like wash machine on opening (I think it is ocean fresh or something)
- also seems she will flower out longer then NK1

View attachment 77290

View attachment 77289

love this grow

Beautiful garden there.

plantage.jpg
-Day 48-

I had to add more soil ammendments, I got the feeling, pots are depleted again :)
Northern Kush1 will not be getting anything till cut, as she is near...

I had also made last upgrade to my small growbox, added whisperblower extractor, that is making things go really quiet, and still is very powerfull, it is turned down at around 20% rpm :D
As a gift, shop gave me some CO2 bag for try, so I hang it near plant tops :)

NK1 is racing for the nearest end, NK3 and NW2 are racing who will get biggfer buds. And hazy NW3 is forming its pretty nice spears.
Lovely, ehat more to say :)

Northern Kush1
smells more dank like a kush right now

nk1.jpgnk1-.jpg

Northern Kush3

she smells more of fruits and washed clothes

nk3.jpgnk3-.jpg

Northern Widow2

bit sweet, bit fruity smells

nw2.jpgnw2-.jpg

Northern Widow3

complex spicy-hazy smells

nw3.jpgnw3-.jpg

Last edited:
This is all I know (or dont know) ))
Obviously Iam not into CO2 addition, but one can try atleast !! :)

I've experimented with buckets before.
CO2 is heavier than air, you have to take that in acount and if you run your tent in a small sealed room it could improve CO2 levels.
If you run your tent in an open room it won't do much i'm afraid.
Your fans and extractor will pull most away from the tent.

I remember that these buckets gave a foul smell.:sick:

Love the Northern Widows.:love:

Last edited:
I've experimented with buckets before.
CO2 is heavier than air, you have to take that in acount and if you run your tent in a small sealed room it could improve CO2 levels.
If you run your tent in an open room it won't do much i'm afraid.
Your fans and extractor will pull most away from the tent.

I remember that these buckets gave a foul smell.:sick:

Love the Northern Widows.:love:
@Swifty said: "Your fans and extractor will pull most away from the tent"

Great Point!

Yes, that is why I blow with fan directly at the bag, something should bounce back for plants, thus everything will end in carbon filter...

I got it for free.. :)

About sealin, I have extractror pointed at intake hole from the outside of the tent, so it is recirculating a bit, that should partialy help to lower fresh O2 and at the same time it will help fill the tent with fresh O2 exchange.. It is working
Kind of messy description from me.. Sorry, just vaped 3th Waco Vapes and Iam parade (delicious, yet last g of this fine herb :) )

Thanks for all the love ;)

Love what youre doin @Ptree always nice to see quality organic and quality LED work magic on some magic beans...they look amazing.
@longball you can built a homemade CO2 generator from a PP plastic container very easily. You will need a few tubes like the ones used on airpumps, some Y connectors and a hotglue pistol for the built.
I used an empty 5-10L plastic jar from a homeboys spent fitness supplements (black foodgrade plastic and widemouth screw on lid that sits tight) and drilled one or two holes it the top where i insserted the tubes and hotglued them in. Cut the right under the lid.so only the gas will reach it. Then you can use Y connectors to multiply the outlets to how much you need and hang them to the ceiling or just above the lights to let the CO2 sink down on the plants. Powdered yeast and sugar mixed with water (will have to look up the ratio) will generate the CO2 inside the container.
The ratio (i fail to deliver because thisbis all from the dome...) is crucial tho. I made one for my homeboy, hooked him up with the finished fix plus the ratio but he ignored the ratio...in the middle of the night the whole thing exploded with a boom and left him with a room smelling of cheap booze since he just dumped a shitload of sugar in making it produce more gas than it could handle...

Oh and i would go with sanlight if you got the money. Quality built, proven specs, long time customer service...if you run them dimmed your fixture will even last longer since the diodes run cooler. Just my 2 cents. Ive got a bunch of their gear and have been one of the first using them officially, never looked back. GrowNortherns Telos series are also great quality, proven and worth looking at, maybe they fit your plans even better? Love me some reliable high quality light sources...

Is it safe? Does it raise CO2 levels enough for concern?

Have you regularly worn a mask during Covid season? Then its safe to say the CO2 levels you reabsorbed from your own breath have been higher than what youll get from a CO2 bag in a sealed room full of plants that actually digest it as soon as they can. If you work with CO2 from gas tanks there could be an issue tho but if sensors are applied and the output is regulated it should be all fine. With small home setups i doubt a professional CO2 dispenser is making sense unless u already pull 1,5g per watt and have a PPFD well above 1000 plus peerfect VPD measurements.

Have you regularly worn a mask during Covid season? Then its safe to say the CO2 levels you reabsorbed from your own breath have been higher than what youll get from a CO2 bag in a sealed room full of plants that actually digest it as soon as they can.
I am unfamiliar with the amount of CO2 produced by the average CO2 bag. Masks did increase CO2, though the majority in my area refused to wear them properly if at all. So they need not worry. 🫢🫢 But, people every year in their homes suffer from toxic CO2 levels, adding extra shouldn't be taken lightly unless well educated and prepared. As someone who grows for personal use and doesn't use a closed system I haven't looked up specifics about the bags. Just asking out of curiosity and so other home growers don't rush in before reading wonderfully informative posts such as yours 😁.

Diesel840

That’s why they have those devices that attach to your ceiling. For most ID personal grows, it doesn’t make sense.
“With small home setups i doubt a professional CO2 dispenser is making sense unless u already pull 1,5g per watt and have a PPFD well above 1000 plus peerfect VPD measurement
You can pull enough CO2 through your AC system. I have a treadmill in the room that offers some from my daily runs but there are so many other things that could be dialled in first to get the desired results .

mu

Back