Northern Widow (NL5/Hz x Black Widow)

up.jpg
This post is to give you impressions, of how are these two strains in comparison...

- Photo above shows clearly, that Widow crosses (on the right side) got more yellow tinted flowers, are also bit leafier then Kushes, the buds on stems are smaller right now, but the stem is more full then on Kushes. Kushes on the other hand, got buds that are bigger overall.
- Widows also got narower leafs and bigger stature.
- I can also see that leaf colours are goddamn comparable - very vibrant - emerald like green hues, that is hard to be seen in photos, but in real the colours are just about 97% the same (NL heritage?).
- Trichomes are on par at this stage, maybe Kush is on wining side sligthly.
- Smell-wise Widows got kind of dark hash undertones with this subtle body (slight armpit) odour, Kushes are something like roses-flower shop-wash machine on opening... Yes, same as my before trial ;)

And to end this mid-age comparison post, just before I show you pollenation, here two photos.
From my explanation, you should be able to see the two in there and name them correctly ;)

compNK.jpg
compNW.jpg

THIS WILL BE HOMERUN you said :)
And I strugle not to believe you...
So in my world, thank you for name of upcoming seeds which hopefully emerge from use of WACO1 pollen !!!
I can see this as my line to work with, because, I simply love both strains and all 4 plants :) (edit) and off course WACO !!!

If the seeds are made, and I hope so, I would like to call them Homerun Kush & Homerun Widow
So here some photos after week (and 2weeks) from my two brush actions per each smaller bud.

hopefully Homerun Kush1 (NK1 x WACO1)
NK1xWACO.jpg

hopefully Homerun Kush3 (NK3 x WACO1)
NK3xWACO.jpg

hopefully Homerun Widow2 (NW2 x WACO1)
NW2xWACO.jpg

hopefully Homerun Widow3 (NW3 x WACO1)
NW3xWACO.jpg

to be continued. . .

IMG_5431.jpg
Day 28

Today I have added another, and maybe last amendments, to each plant.
-two spoons of flower mix
-one spoon of bat guano
-half spoon of calcium kick
-two hands of wormcastings

Watered in by 1,25 l of pH 6,3-6,5 water.
Plants got praing leafs after that. so I think they are enjoing it.

The time is nearing for better photos, in 1-2 weeks I think it would be time for some macros :)

Northern Widow 2
- this is another great example of bush, more like branches full of buds
- this has unforgettable widow smell, fruity with some oniony body odour

NW2up.jpg
NW2detail.jpgNW2side.jpg

Northern Widow 3
- seems like most hazy plant to me, latest development, most height, and buds formations
- smelling bit of a lemon tea

NW3up.jpgNW3detail.jpgNW3side.jpg

Northern Kush 1
- first you observe big trichome load on this bushy litle plant
- its bulky buds are smelling of some dank fruity kush

NK1up.jpgNK1detail.jpgNK1side.jpg

Northern Kush 3
- not as bulky and alltogether seems like lesser copy of NK1
- smells are pleasuring rose or flowery like

NK3up.jpgNK3detail.jpgNK3side.jpg

Iam thinking about upgrade....
Iam thinking about SANLIGHT EVO 3-60 and bluetooth dimmer :)
Quite overkill, but the functions to apply own sun curves and so.... hmm.. Maybe I should give theese heads new sunshine for their nice 2nd half of flower :)
I also think, SANLIGHT could go up at some 3/4 of its power overall in my small tent ;)

Iam thinking about upgrade....
Iam thinking about SANLIGHT EVO 3-60 and bluetooth dimmer :)
Quite overkill, but the functions to apply own sun curves and so.... hmm.. Maybe I should give theese heads new sunshine for their nice 2nd half of flower :)
I also think, SANLIGHT could go up at some 3/4 of its power overall in my small tent ;)
Do check out the Mars Hydro TS1000 also Ptree.
I am very impressed with this light so far.
Quality light for a nice price.:)
Also has a very complete spectrum.

Do check out the Mars Hydro TS1000 also Ptree.
I am very impressed with this light so far.
Quality light for a nice price.:)
Also has a very complete spectrum.
I was looking at that, but I would like to move away from quantum boards.
As I remember off resin from Sanlight was kind of more into amber, redish hues of trichomes.
I still got sanlight q6w2 but, not enought space for that badboy :D
So I would like to switch to SANLIGHT, now that I think my growtent and whole system is complete, it must be premium only.
And from my experience, I believe SANLIGHT is, in my eyes at least ;)

Will be thinking about it in next week ;)

Or Viparspectra is great light, what do you think about Vipar Spectra XS1500PRO ? it got pretty superb coverage !! :O
I have this older XS1000, but the edges are quite low on par map... Like real lower numbers...
Iam still thinking about it, san light is overkill for that space I think as I would never go up to 190W :D

The good thing about Sanlight is that you can dim it. (Dimmer not included 😂) I run my EVO at 80% (=200 watt). But if I feel funky I could run it at 100% (cooler surroundings, bigger exhaust fan). It's nice to have the option to "upgrade" it, when needed.
I don't want to advertise Sanlight, I'm just quite pleased with them.

The good thing about Sanlight is that you can dim it. (Dimmer not included 😂) I run my EVO at 80% (=200 watt). But if I feel funky I could run it at 100% (cooler surroundings, bigger exhaust fan). It's nice to have the option to "upgrade" it, when needed.
I don't want to advertise Sanlight, I'm just quite pleased with them.
I know, as I said Instill have q6w gen 2 (245w)
It is absolutely stunning light.

The Viparspectra xs1000 is great for one plant in the middle. Like really great.

So for the money I ordered this, will see how it goes. I like the optics on that

Last edited:
2.jpg3.jpg-day 35-

just a quick one ;)
- recently added some canna bioboost and simply just water pH 6,3

Northern Kush 1
-darn good looking & smelling #1

NK11.jpg

Northern Kush 3
- hazier kush :p

NK31.jpg

Northern Widow 2
- darn good looking #2 (thining its leafs)

NW21.jpg

Northern Widow 3
-amazin fillup ;)

NW31.jpg

to be continued . . .
1.jpg

Back