Northern Kush (NL5/Hz x Master Kush) & CBD Critical Mass

So my calendar shows end of week 6

I have to talk a bit.
All plants are pleasure to grow, the budding is so interesting, Nl5/Haze x Master Kush seems different on paper, yet it is quite uniform to say, like if they want to race with each others sister, there are few differewnces here and there, but overall impressions are very good, adn it is good, that one can select by his needs..

I end up with one allrounder hybrid, one kushy hybrid, and one hazy leaning hybrid
What more do I need? :D

all.jpg

At first let me tell you, I made myself *nose* to pick up best plant early on (coincidence maybe) so I will start with>>>

NK3

If @shantibaba told me this pheno is Blueberry or simillar strain, I would believe, not because of colors, but the smells !
At first there were hints of sweet skunkiness of a kind, but now, it is heavy, really heavy and thick fresh fruits smells of blueberry, blackberry, red fruits and nothing more right now !!!

Buds are forming all around the plant, they grow into each other, forming relatively huge spear shaped main cola.
The secondary (or lower) buding sites are making bit of elongated buds.
From the early observation it does seem it will pack some hardiness, flowers are big, and producing trichomes rather fast.

I think it will be 9-10 weeker.

This is some sturdy plant, that can became nute hungry, yet its branches are supporting heayv buds with ease.

I got a clone and thinking of some crossing with another plant, yet maybe I will try to select male of same strain to make some more generation breeding of this one. I am again thinking of some purple strains, yet I dont want to mess around with not known breeds to introduce to such a wonderfull female..

...if anyone have advice for good Mr.Nice boyfriend for this plant, you are welcome...
...if nothing is chosen, then yet again I will plant 3 new seeds of Northern Kushes to search...

nk3.jpg
nk3_1.jpgnk3_2.jpgnk3_3.jpg

Last edited:
NK2

got the most character of the Master Kush.

There is bit of spicy-kushy tones in it, the dankness lower smell - pleasure one for sure.
Its budding sites are getting bit of leafes in, nothing overwhelming, yet it seems more on kushy side.
Its main bud is getting bigger day by day, very positive trait for sure.

This plant have the most beautifull structure from the pack so far.
The top looks yummy, I like the orange pistils :)
The resin production is lower then with NK3, but lets just say, they are on PAR beacause trichomes seems a bit bigger.

Seems to be earliest to finish, Iam thinking of 8-9 weeks to finish flowering.

nk2.jpgnk2_1.jpgnk2_2.jpgnk2_3.jpg

NK4

is it coincidence?
surprise maybe?
Hazy-nute hungry-Kush?

as I mentioned earlier, this plant will show something..

The time is now, the smells evolved from nothing, to delicious Honey+bit fruity undertones. I think it smells bit like SkunkHaze I got, so Ultimately Iam glad I got a clone here too :)

The buds are long, and packing along quite nicely, the plant also got the biggest stretch. Oh, and the budding seams to form in spiral around stem... Cool !

The trichomes are producing the fastest !! They did not surpass NK3 yet, but they will if they keep the tempo.

nk4.jpgnk4_1.jpgnk4_2.jpgnk4_3.jpg

Last edited:
CBD Critical Mass

Is finishing, Id say !

Pretty nice plant, with pretty nice, stinky smell..
Citrusy-Fruity-Affie... this smell definitely fill the room quite fast :D

I did not keep it green, so I think I didnot fullfilled its needs.

But still, look how beautiffull she is !

I think all shee needs, are few weeks

cbdcm.jpgcbdcm_1.jpgcbdcm_2.jpgcbdcm_3.jpg

Next I can try to grow skunk haze next to this beauty NK3/NK4 :)
I can also try to find nice black widow male . . .

Or I can try my crossing of Black Widow(sativa female) x Skunk Haze (Indica male)
-->> it is just fun to make own crosses, so why not difficult one?
maybe I will find something interesting oneday :D

Need to think more of it :D

Last edited:
CBD Critical Mass

Is finishing, Id say !

Pretty nice plant, with pretty nice, stinky smell..
Citrusy-Fruity-Affie... this smell definitely fill the room quite fast :D

I did not keep it green, so I think I didnot fullfilled its needs.

But still, look how beautiffull she is !

I think all shee needs, are few weeks

View attachment 58206View attachment 58207View attachment 58208View attachment 58209
Looks to me that her needs were filled beyond her wildest expectations..
Very nice.. wish technology would give us smell-o- vision....

End of week 7

- it is starting to be really interesting, as I fell in Love with this plant.. Iamglad I saved clones of them all.

NK2
- is some Master Kush dominant, look to me as some proper Master Kush.
Pretty nice pyramid shapes, putting out mass of juicy buds and very sticky buds.
It is smelling like kind of dank flowers right now, not overpowered, just slightly Kushy-Cofee-Flowers, I like both the buds and the smell.

NK2.jpg

NK3
- this hybrid is pretty heavy, sticky like glue. I think it is something between NK2 and NK4, yet more towards its own.
Very fruity main tone, maybe the most fruity I have ever smelled, it is like dank red berries jam, it is quite smelly, yet masked in quite forgiving way - simply love it.
The buds are bigest of them all.

NK3.jpg

NK4
-I think what I see is Haze dominance slightly taking over both Indica worlds in parentage. Here I think the size of each buds doesnt matter too much, as that plant is giving ton of secondary nice size buds. They are not airy, ther trichomes are slower, but the time will stretch here (have a feeling).
Also the smelliest plant !! :D she did not smell at all, last week she started some leany smells, and now, what a stinky litlle hell unleashed (just kind of kidding).
She is smellier than CBD Critical mass, which last week was the bigest smeller here. So cards had flipped and now it is NK4, it is quite new smell to me, so I will need more time to tell you, it is Soury smell, but not that much fruity, neither chemical smell, it is just kind of smell, I dont know, I will try to pin point what it is like, really wonderfull, Iam liking it so far.

NK4.jpg

CBD CM
-I know, why didnt I kept it green at least one week longer.. On the other hand, I think it is allright, all nutes will be well fed for that plant.
Pretty good plant structure to say.
The smells progressed here also. It is still Affie-bit Skunky-and some bits of fruits are present.
I think the time is ticking, next week maybe??

CBD CM.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all,
Iam just doing, what you all do ;)

@musashi If I had Northern Widow, I would cross them immediattely :D

Theese NL5Hz crosses from Shanti seems superb to me..
I still didnt figured out, what strain to put next to clones to make some mating....
The stones / Ortega / MKS / SH comes to mind...

Last edited:
Today I made some nute shower..
As NKs are thirsty,, CBD CM got only water..
I think in mid week, once water is completely sucked out for CBD CM, it will get hang...

Still cannot fully describe the smells of NK4, yet on tent opening i smell pancakes, or some kind of baked thing, for a while, maybe cinammon, that kind of smell :)

Still thinking about next strain for home parentage and another great strain comes to mind... NHS maybe ? :)

Some more photos :)

NK2
NK21.jpg
NK22.jpg

NK3
NK31.jpg
NK32.jpg

NK4
NK4.jpg

CBD CM
CBDCM1.jpg

Here is litlle update for CBD Critical Mass

It was harvested today exactly at 8 weeks of flowering (from first signs of preflowers)

I have clearly saw some trichomes turning gold, so it was just my favorite time to cut the plant..

She had well developed (woody) main stem. Sturdy for sure, the smells on cut were like when you are passing citrus tree.

Critical Mass have developed quite pleasurable tasty smells, (Partly Afghan, partly hash with bit off fruits in there also) I hope it will also come into taste..
Promising harvest for sure !

Smoke and all reports for this plant will come into CBD section once ready ;)
Will announce here also..

CBD CM_1.jpgCBD CM_2.jpgCBD CM_3.jpgCBD CM_4.jpg CBD CM.jpg CBD CM_5.jpg

THanks
I
Here is litlle update for CBD Critical Mass

It was harvested today exactly at 8 weeks of flowering (from first signs of preflowers)

I have clearly saw some trichomes turning gold, so it was just my favorite time to cut the plant..

She had well developed (woody) main stem. Sturdy for sure, the smells on cut were like when you are passing citrus tree.

Critical Mass have developed quite pleasurable tasty smells, (Partly Afghan, partly hash with bit off fruits in there also) I hope it will also come into taste..
Promising harvest for sure !

Smoke and all reports for this plant will come into CBD section once ready ;)
Will announce here also..

View attachment 58533View attachment 58534View attachment 58535View attachment 58536 View attachment 58532 View attachment 58537
I've run the Crew C.M. very nice. One of my favourite. Very nicely done.

End of week 8

Plants are in later flowering stage, they dont get any food from this point, they would love some still, but even when using bionutes, Iam going to let them eat up as much as is left, because it seems we are nearly there !!

My take so far, is that theese plants are some solid genes. All the faults they went thru and still are so viable, happy, pretty and, you take a look :)
Iam simply amazed, very hard to choose favorite pheno for sure.

Iam still planing the next grow with possible strain to choose mating male for theese.
Iam taking into account some relatives like Ortega, MKS, NHS and then,
there are some strains I would love to try Indoors and plants that deserves testing - theese are G13xAffS and Devil
I could possibly plant another NKs too, but I want to try more strains and I got only one life :D
also Iam open for some HELP with choosing here !! :D

-This time I will do slightly different post, so you can compare Each plant in some ways that interest me the most.
-I can also say, that on tent opening, it is like when you open your wash maschine to hang the washed clothes, that is the smell of some fruity perwoll, relatively secure, pleasant smell.
-Photos will always be NK2 / NK3 / NK4

Main COLAs

From the shapes I love the NK2 the most now, each and every bud is pyramid shaped, counting in the smells of Juniper and Kushy fruits -> it is like Kush Heaven
NK3 is much more fruity, to be exact, it is very Sour Fruity -> Sour forest berries all the way.
NK4 oh there is our perwoll :) It is also fruity with hints of kinda cinamon, but overall, it is like Wash mashine on opening with some fruits added to the mix :D
- which one would you choose as best? for me - all are..

NK2_buddetail.jpg NK3_buddetail.jpg NK4_buddetail.jpg

Some details on internodal budding

I will again start with NK2, it has the longest and bigest trichomes, yet the coverage is still not on level with the others. In filling (fullness) it is the 2nd place, on stickines it is bomb!
Next is my personal favorite NK3, which got the most sticky surface, the most trich coverage and the main stem is full of buds, every bud is in race to connect with the other, which I love the most.
NK4 is loosing in that perspective, yet not to be shame for it, still impressed with its budding, that is racing in its own way maybe slightly more on Hazy side, the trichomes are on level with NK3.
- I have to say, after looking at the photos that the buds are looking as close relatives, one looks like the others.

NK2_fullness.jpg NK3_fullness.jpg NK4_fullness.jpg

And lastly, we will take a look at structures

NK2 is shorter about few inches, lower branching is bit on weeker side (compared to sisters) yet it is lovely look at theese pyramid shapes.
NK3 is again winer in the structure category, it started as single cola dominant, but worked its side branching quite well, and the branches are sturdy, also 2nd best producer.
NK4 is slightly better producer then NK3 so far, one thing I dont like so much here, is that side branching tries to stick - like glued on to main stem and it got the height gain, but again, it sports other league !

NK2_structure.jpg NK3_structure.jpg NK4_structure.jpg

Hopefully, all that gives you best possible overview of Nl5Haze x Master Kush
I think at this point we are 1-2 weeks about to harvest & Iam glad to try this strain, I will keep best 2 clones for future work !!

Last edited:
Back