NL5 x Haze- The Original Fire

Aloha braddahs!

While I have my eye on several, it will be another week before sexing to determine who is who. I'lI have a better idea then on who to love on lol. I plan to take pictures and provide info on the plants as they go thru their cycle. The vigor is exciting as the plants are quickly filling out and quite nicely I must say. She's always been a favorite for effect. Today they will get their first prophylactic (neem/kelp) spray. I'm having a hell of a time keeping my humidity at higher levels but such is life. I have been foliar spraying to offset and once they are in larger pots, humidity levels will be easier to maintain.

mu

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

It's been a week and the plants have continued to fill out. It's now time to sex them. I've trimmed up the bottoms and sprayed them with neem and maxicrop. They were put into 12/12 last night. The NL5Hz (white) is in the front. Sativas (red) on the right and MKaze (yellow) in the back. I'm washing up some pots now figuring I'll be using them in 10 days or so. I plan to take some final cuts tomorrow.
grp 11_13.jpg

mu

And here's an update on the little ones. 2 weeks in the ground. 12 to work with. They just got their morning kelp foliar. A fairly even distribution of short, medium and tall ones. More diversity than the Master Kaze I am currently growing. I guess that's what happens when you throw a little more haze into the mix lol.
View attachment 65997

mu
I use to spray my ladies like this for no apparent reason other than to give them something that they might get in nature (like dew in the morning), and now I'm wondering if I should start this again. Seems like your growing indoors, no problems with them when you spray them in the morning with the lighting?

So far, the females I have potted are: 4- MKaze, 2- Hanh, 2- NH, 4- 5Hz. 12F total in the room will be a nice size as I did put the NH7 into a 5 gal pot and will probably need the extra room. Most everyone generally stayed within the 50:50 rule, however out of 12 NL5xHz, 8 ended up being male. That poses an interesting dilemna. Should I select pollen from some of these males for...? I have a few more days to make that decision while I wait for any last minute girls to show up and before the males are ready as we enter day 6 of 12/12.

Males on the table, females on the floor.
grp 11_18.jpg

mu

So far, the females I have potted are: 4- MKaze, 2- Hanh, 2- NH, 4- 5Hz. 12F total in the room will be a nice size as I did put the NH7 into a 5 gal pot and will probably need the extra room. Most everyone generally stayed within the 50:50 rule, however out of 12 NL5xHz, 8 ended up being male. That poses an interesting dilemna. Should I select pollen from some of these males for...? I have a few more days to make that decision while I wait for any last minute girls to show up and before the males are ready as we enter day 6 of 12/12.

Males on the table, females on the floor.
View attachment 67247

mu
Well, you want seeds or flowers?

😂
NL5xHaze pollen can certainly produce some asskicking offspring Mu, but where on the totem pole of projects does it fall? 🤔
We make more seeds for the freezer for future generations. So hard to stop breeding out great consistent genetics.
Smoke a doober, it will help u decide 💨

Aloha ohana!

"Well, you want seeds or flowers?", "but where on the totem pole of projects does it fall?", "Are there remarkable males mu?" Thoughts I had too! I did what braddah Skunkle suggested. I smoked a doober of some Doors#8 for this task and was instantly reminded of the power of 5Hz.
Doors#8
doors #8c 3_2 - Copy.jpg

NL5xHz has always been my go to for her strength. And the strain brings that effect to everything it comes in contact with. Northern Widow comes to mind.
Northern Widow#3
nw#3b 11_28 - Copy.jpg

I had planned to work with the NH and the Hanh, but 8- 5Hz males is a great opportunity to get sidetracked. The pollen might be useful for several projects. And as usual the question is, do I want to take the time? And do I hv space to store additional males? Here are the NL5xHz males. I'm blind without testing them but the ones that hv a vibe right now are (r->l) 1, 6, 8.
5hz males 11_19 - Copy.jpg

mu

Aloha ohana!

"Well, you want seeds or flowers?", "but where on the totem pole of projects does it fall?", "Are there remarkable males mu?" Thoughts I had too! I did what braddah Skunkle suggested. I smoked a doober of some Doors#8 for this task and was instantly reminded of the power of 5Hz.
Doors#8
View attachment 67266

NL5xHz has always been my go to for her strength. And the strain brings that effect to everything it comes in contact with. Northern Widow comes to mind.
Northern Widow#3
View attachment 67267

I had planned to work with the NH and the Hanh, but 8- 5Hz males is a great opportunity to get sidetracked. The pollen might be useful for several projects. And as usual the question is, do I want to take the time? And do I hv space to store additional males? Here are the NL5xHz males. I'm blind without testing them but the ones that hv a vibe right now are (r->l) 1, 6, 8.
View attachment 67269

mu
Since you have #’s, IMO:
I got lucky with 10 females of The Cure and I regret not cloning and extending since I had so many to choose from. Hindsight 20/20, so much variety/kids is worth the effort. ☮️

In the 3rd week of flower. Of the 4 plants, #2 which I picked early on, shows the most growth and expression. I made a good decision not to fuss with pollination as there isn't enough of a selection here IMJ to warrant the extra work. I will do a dedicated/larger grow in the future to better represent the strain.

#2. At 54cm.
n5hz a 12_5_22.jpg

Several of the others for comparison
n5hz 12_5_22.jpg

mu

Back