NL#2

Hi All

Well i was going through the fridges over Xmas with my daughter and we found 2 large bags with all Nevil old breeding stock from 1996, 1998 and 2001...all labelled well and withNL1. NL2, NL5 seed crosses in abundance as well as G13 crosses and so many others....so it seems all has been vacuumed sealed and remained untouched for quite some years...but selected a bunch of seed stock to try and get going in Feb 2021....a time to bring back the corner store products. Try to get a bunch of the old potent Hash plant seeds working and will post photos of all the others we put in heating mat germinating tables....should bring back some memories for those old enough...and time to give a tribute to Nevil and his genetic work and seed collection obviously with a Shantibaba selection ...but it is the best we can offer for now!

Hope the new year brings good spirits and good health to you all....Sb
Hey , sounds great
Some interesting stock to go through for sure
Hopefully you get some good germ rates
Would love to see some Hashplant lines, and NL with a bit of a Scott twist.
I haven't seen many NL#2 hybrids, the #1 will be interesting too... doesn't seem to be many Nevs #1 work out there...props to you for paying homage to Nevil. Your a good bloke Scott. Hope you had a great Xmas man✌️💚





🙏✌
 
Last edited:
Hi All

Well i was going through the fridges over Xmas with my daughter and we found 2 large bags with all Nevil old breeding stock from 1996, 1998 and 2001...all labelled well and withNL1. NL2, NL5 seed crosses in abundance as well as G13 crosses and so many others....so it seems all has been vacuumed sealed and remained untouched for quite some years...but selected a bunch of seed stock to try and get going in Feb 2021....a time to bring back the corner store products. Try to get a bunch of the old potent Hash plant seeds working and will post photos of all the others we put in heating mat germinating tables....should bring back some memories for those old enough...and time to give a tribute to Nevil and his genetic work and seed collection obviously with a Shantibaba selection ...but it is the best we can offer for now!

Hope the new year brings good spirits and good health to you all....Sb
That's just fantastic! I love old Nl, and I'm particularly interested if you're going to possibly bring back the old G13/Hashplant. I would be so excited to see the return of that. I'm always on the hunt to find better meds for my sleep disorders and pain.
 
Hi All

Well i was going through the fridges over Xmas with my daughter and we found 2 large bags with all Nevil old breeding stock from 1996, 1998 and 2001...all labelled well and withNL1. NL2, NL5 seed crosses in abundance as well as G13 crosses and so many others....so it seems all has been vacuumed sealed and remained untouched for quite some years...but selected a bunch of seed stock to try and get going in Feb 2021....a time to bring back the corner store products. Try to get a bunch of the old potent Hash plant seeds working and will post photos of all the others we put in heating mat germinating tables....should bring back some memories for those old enough...and time to give a tribute to Nevil and his genetic work and seed collection obviously with a Shantibaba selection ...but it is the best we can offer for now!

Hope the new year brings good spirits and good health to you all....Sb
🤩
I’d love to just look into your freezers sometime...👍
 
Hi All

Well i was going through the fridges over Xmas with my daughter and we found 2 large bags with all Nevil old breeding stock from 1996, 1998 and 2001...all labelled well and withNL1. NL2, NL5 seed crosses in abundance as well as G13 crosses and so many others....so it seems all has been vacuumed sealed and remained untouched for quite some years...but selected a bunch of seed stock to try and get going in Feb 2021....a time to bring back the corner store products. Try to get a bunch of the old potent Hash plant seeds working and will post photos of all the others we put in heating mat germinating tables....should bring back some memories for those old enough...and time to give a tribute to Nevil and his genetic work and seed collection obviously with a Shantibaba selection ...but it is the best we can offer for now!

Hope the new year brings good spirits and good health to you all....Sb

Oh this is exciting 😵! Always been a fan of the older stuff, when i really started to get into smoking etc myself i stumbled upon white widow, the history etc then i found Mr Nice, the rest is history, to young to have smoked, seen and experienced any of the real old stuff other then the things i have tried that Mr Nice currently offer.

Hope this goes well, cant wait to see what comes of it, really interesting 👀
 
Hi All

Well i was going through the fridges over Xmas with my daughter and we found 2 large bags with all Nevil old breeding stock from 1996, 1998 and 2001...all labelled well and withNL1. NL2, NL5 seed crosses in abundance as well as G13 crosses and so many others....so it seems all has been vacuumed sealed and remained untouched for quite some years...but selected a bunch of seed stock to try and get going in Feb 2021....a time to bring back the corner store products. Try to get a bunch of the old potent Hash plant seeds working and will post photos of all the others we put in heating mat germinating tables....should bring back some memories for those old enough...and time to give a tribute to Nevil and his genetic work and seed collection obviously with a Shantibaba selection ...but it is the best we can offer for now!

Hope the new year brings good spirits and good health to you all....Sb
That sounds like a plan 😁. Great things can come from this . I once grew some supposedly Moroccan seeds. Got some strong hash flavors and strong and potent weed. I have a few more I will see if I can find something to keep around .
 
I may be wrong, but I think there's a trend shift happening, towards old school strains. Mr Nice would be in a great position.

I second the motion for some hashplant :)
 
Hi All

from my pms in 2020 plus all that has gone down in 2020 it was a natural thing that evolved cleaning up all the fridge stocks. But when i decided to germinate some old seeds and saw they were working ....well it got me thinking about things.
I do love diversity and I do really love natural occurring flavour combinations and effect that came from so many old strains ...added to the fact that all these kush, skunk hybrids that USA made popular the last few years really do not get the effect i am looking for in cannabis....the high! Most seem to stone you and have lovely flavours but all are missing that old cerebral high that came with haze mixing into the blood lines . Possibly it is just my own particular taste but since i rearranged a lot of old breeding stock and selected out several old projects Nevil and I had worked on but not finished, well maybe time to go back to the vaults and finish a few of these ongoing projects.
I found old notes and some old notes of Nevil´s so will give it a blast and we will see how it develops. But glad you guys are enthusiastic about cracking the kraken! Hope you are all staying well and happy all the best Sb
 
Count me in! ha ha I only grow Master Kush, Jack Herer, Super Skunk, Northern Lights, and Black Widow. One of those is the 'newest' thing I grow. My friends grow all the 'new' strains. Yeah, it taste and smells delicious, much more so than mine, BUT, the high seems to missing something old-timey :) They are always offering up 2-3 jars of theirs for 1 jar of mine all the while telling me how good theirs is! I can't vouch for the authenticity of the genetics I get though. It sure would be awesome to get some old-time genetics from Mr. Nice Seeds!!!

Anyway - if you need any help :) I am more than willing to try some 'newer' strains from '96, '98, and '01! :p

Longball
 
Yeah, unfortunetly 95% of the smokers i know prefer the really stony stuff, not to much of a fan myself, almost feels like a dirty high, no idea how else to describe it, but like i say 95% of people i know love it and anything otherwise is "weak" to them!

Hence my venture into forums to gain knowledge from others led me here where i just lurked for the longest time 😁

enjoy Mr nice stuff for the oldschool smoke (closest stuff i have tried that reminds me of being a young teen trying smoking for the first time) , and i like landrace or as close to landrace stuff as possible myself :)
 
...Could this be the end of the cookie, OG, Chem, runtz, etc...

...I do love diversity and I do really love natural occurring flavour combinations and effect that came from so many old strains ...added to the fact that all these kush, skunk hybrids that USA made popular the last few years really do not get the effect i am looking for in cannabis....the high! Most seem to stone you and have lovely flavours but all are missing that old cerebral high that came with haze mixing into the blood lines...

The pendulum swings.
Today's flavored coffees, vodka, beer, etc. More choices? An improvement? Not really. Virginian and turkish tobaccos, strong Columbian coffee, Pilsner Urquell and Guinness, Macallan and Laphroaig, Barolo and Pinot Noir, Thai, Columbian and Mexican. What's wrong with the original flavors? Why mask what it was I was essentially after? All about original flavors, all about the high! The world has forsaken the Gods, release the Kraken!


🤙Mu
 
...Yeah, unfortunetly 95% of the smokers i know prefer the really stony stuff, not to much of a fan myself, almost feels like a dirty high, no idea how else to describe it, but like i say 95% of people i know love it and anything otherwise is "weak" to them!...

Ha! When you know one thing...
I gave a friend some Doors recently. He was unimpressed because of the reasons above. Pearls...
Looking forward to the release of the "Back o' the Freezer series".

🤙 Mu
 
I LOVED NL back in 88 when I first grew it. Skull crushing indica was new and novel. In my opinion, what the world needs now from your freezer is some uplifting Sativa... if you were open to suggestions. :)
 
Will mr nice seeds ever make a NL#2 strain?

NL2 IS Available.. ie Genetics are from Original Seed Bank Genetics.


Northern Lights 2

(1982 Afghan/Hawaiian [Thailand] x
(1982 Afghan/Hawaiian [Thailand] x 1985 Ortega’s Kush4))IBL

is around


1609373659661.png
 
Last edited:
Hi All

from my pms in 2020 plus all that has gone down in 2020 it was a natural thing that evolved cleaning up all the fridge stocks. But when i decided to germinate some old seeds and saw they were working ....well it got me thinking about things.
I do love diversity and I do really love natural occurring flavour combinations and effect that came from so many old strains ...added to the fact that all these kush, skunk hybrids that USA made popular the last few years really do not get the effect i am looking for in cannabis....the high! Most seem to stone you and have lovely flavours but all are missing that old cerebral high that came with haze mixing into the blood lines . Possibly it is just my own particular taste but since i rearranged a lot of old breeding stock and selected out several old projects Nevil and I had worked on but not finished, well maybe time to go back to the vaults and finish a few of these ongoing projects.
I found old notes and some old notes of Nevil´s so will give it a blast and we will see how it develops. But glad you guys are enthusiastic about cracking the kraken! Hope you are all staying well and happy all the best Sb
Just keep the Hashplants as is, Super Narcotic; powerful stone, just like how Nevil sold them.
 
Yeah, unfortunetly 95% of the smokers i know prefer the really stony stuff, not to much of a fan myself, almost feels like a dirty high, no idea how else to describe it, but like i say 95% of people i know love it and anything otherwise is "weak" to them!
I understand what you mean, I've been trying to put into words the difference between some multiple crosses (polyhybrid?) I've tried, and Mr Nice strains, and clean is the best word I can come up with.

As far as today's demand for really stony stuff goes, I'm under the impression that if one searches hard enough, one should be able to find something comparable to today's strong polyhybrids, or is that not possible with the basics? For example, Ortegas special notes say " Once you find a keeper in this strain it will act as a bread and butter strain for you and fellow users" and Nevils description of NL5xhaze "A Note of Warning. Adverse effects have been known to occur among inexperienced smokers, particularly when combined with alcohol. Side effects may include nausea, dizzyness, fainting, and loss of bowel and bladder control. Extreme introspective behavior is considered normal." You'd think the latest generation would be all over that, or are they smoking even stronger stuff?
 
Back
Top