NL#2

View attachment 51172

I picked these up this morning, they are called R2, are supposedly Northern Lights 2 , have been isolated and unadulterated since Ron got the seeds from The Seed Bank back in the day, here in Eastern Canada. I'll keep you posted as they grow outdoors this summer. I believe this thread would be best for it

They say she's a good breeder, do any of you have suggestions which MNS strains would be good to breed with? I have most of them, I'm thinking Black Widow or Critical Mass, perhaps Shit?
so, 88 g13 hp, deep chunk, nl5 x afghan, pakistani chitral kush, Hindu kush, or any pure indica would be good, but you may not be able to distinguish which parents effects are influencing because thats a sleepytime, hashy indica list. may not all be Shanti's work, but, old school indica from the era should be good breeding partners.

IMO, you should consider nordle, shit, nl5 skunk, or g13 skunk as I felt those were some of the ones from Shanti that it appears others have built seed companies from. for example, C99 is jack herer x nl5 skunk bx 3 to the jack herer, which is nl skunk haze. I assume every afghan skunk from 99-2015 to be lineaged from holland, therefore shanti, and nevil's stock. an Gage used a male g13 skunk as the male he built his company with.

maybe buy the matt riot and hybri tech STS sprays, and make S1's 1st?

I forget where I read or heard it, but its possible that the Hindu kush from sensi might be the NL2 stock, starting after ben bought all nevils stuff. was likely one of the podcast/hangout sessions where I heard it. there is only one way to find out Deach. find a 94-99 hindu kush and grow them side by side!

Why buy STS sprays when you can always make colloidal silver yourself for really cheap , some of the prices i have seen these "special sprays" for is laughable
I am one of the weirdos that likes to have a commercial product to use before I do a DIY, also, one of my friends is about to graduate as a chemist. so once I Know how those spays work, I shall have hm make ones of varying strengths to see what works best for each plant.

Cup of water
silver coin
9v battery
some wire
Pretty simple if you ask me.

It is not about simplicity, it is about understanding. I could also just buy Colloidal Silver. listening to people who make feminized seed at commercial levels in these interviews/hangouts leads me to believe a stock concentrate solution of CS and STS are required because all the keepers we would want to change the gender of, require different dilution rates, and CS, or STS have varying levels of success.

listen to Nspecta's interviews when he is asked about it. he went on a diatribe about how one of his beloved clones wont make viable pollen at a high rate when gender is changed.

I tried it with pre-1965 US coins but it didn't work, apparently not pure enough silver. I switched over to pure silver wire sold for audio speakers and it worked a charm. ;)
the speaker wire is a good choice. my Horology teacher had one of those silver gram tabs that he used to make his own silver plating solution, and he had a gold tab for the Gold plating solution.

so, 88 g13 hp, deep chunk, nl5 x afghan, pakistani chitral kush, Hindu kush, or any pure indica would be good, but you may not be able to distinguish which parents effects are influencing because thats a sleepytime, hashy indica list. may not all be Shanti's work, but, old school indica from the era should be good breeding partners.

IMO, you should consider nordle, shit, nl5 skunk, or g13 skunk as I felt those were some of the ones from Shanti that it appears others have built seed companies from. for example, C99 is jack herer x nl5 skunk bx 3 to the jack herer, which is nl skunk haze. I assume every afghan skunk from 99-2015 to be lineaged from holland, therefore shanti, and nevil's stock. an Gage used a male g13 skunk as the male he built his company with.

maybe buy the matt riot and hybri tech STS sprays, and make S1's 1st?

I forget where I read or heard it, but its possible that the Hindu kush from sensi might be the NL2 stock, starting after ben bought all nevils stuff. was likely one of the podcast/hangout sessions where I heard it. there is only one way to find out Deach. find a 94-99 hindu kush and grow them side by side!
Great ideas, Ghash is the first to come to mind, but I'd like to try a new to me MNS strain.

I definitely need to learn about making S1s, theres another strain I adore, that I could lose forever If I don't try that. She's doesn't clone well and I may not always be able to grow indoors

Funny you mention Hindu Kush, I just got that freebie from Hazeman, been wondering about it 🤔

I think, I'll go with Shit or G13/Skunk. I'm pretty sure G13/Skunk is IBL, but I can't find the info in this forum through the search, damn 4 letter limit. I think all G13 crosses are IBL, correct?

Why wouldn't you suggest Black Widow or Critical mass? Ortega could also work, it's IBL and has the other two NLs in it, but I already grew some out last summer, I want to try something new. I'll make the Ortega/R2(NL2) cross eventually

It's funny, but Shit is usually the last strain I consider trying out, I believe because of how inexpensive it is, and/or perhaps the name. I used to have a small side business where I would plant large local trees at very low prices, and guarantee it's survival for 3 years. I would transplant them from a bed, so it wouldn't cost me much to maintain them and my success rate was roughly 90%. Even though the local nurseries charged 3 times as much without the planting or extended guarantee, folks would be suspicious of my deal as too good to be true. Those who took me on got a wicked deal. Reminds me of my attitude towards inexpensive skunk

Hi 🙋‍♂️
These are my old northern lights seeds
Really dark black seeds mottle effect is certainly different to other seeds I have in my collection They remind me of apple pips

With them being old I’m a bit worried about them popping a tail has anyone got advice I usually use the damp paper towel in sealed container to pop my seeds

Attachments

• DB0DDC0A-4385-4BF6-8F39-69EA0297C8CF.jpeg
    DB0DDC0A-4385-4BF6-8F39-69EA0297C8CF.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi 🙋‍♂️
These are my old northern lights seeds
Really dark black seeds mottle effect is certainly different to other seeds I have in my collection They remind me of apple pips

With them being old I’m a bit worried about them popping a tail has anyone got advice I usually use the damp paper towel in sealed container to pop my seeds
Shantibaba gave a nice tip for old seeds recently (I can't find it rn, of course). He suggested putting them in the freezer, if they haven't been already.

Shantibaba gave a nice tip for old seeds recently (I can't find it rn, of course). He suggested putting them in the freezer, if they haven't been already.
I know they’ve been kept in fridge sealed when I got them with other vials of Thai an blueberry and pavarti and that’s were Iv kept them
Should I put them in freezer before trying to crack them cheers

I know they’ve been kept in fridge sealed when I got them with other vials of Thai an blueberry and pavarti and that’s were Iv kept them
Should I put them in freezer before trying to crack them cheers
I'm no expert, but that's my understanding. I've also heard that freezing them is a one shot deal, that they shouldn't be thawed and refrozen. You may want a confirmation from someone who knows from experience

I think, I'll go with Shit or G13/Skunk. I'm pretty sure G13/Skunk is IBL, but I can't find the info in this forum through the search, damn 4 letter limit. I think all G13 crosses are IBL, correct?

Why wouldn't you suggest Black Widow or Critical mass? Ortega could also work, it's IBL and has the other two NLs in it, but I already grew some out last summer, I want to try something new. I'll make the Ortega/R2(NL2) cross eventually

It's funny, but Shit is usually the last strain I consider trying out, I believe because of how inexpensive it is, and/or perhaps the name. I used to have a small side business where I would plant large local trees at very low prices, and guarantee it's survival for 3 years. I would transplant them from a bed, so it wouldn't cost me much to maintain them and my success rate was roughly 90%. Even though the local nurseries charged 3 times as much without the planting or extended guarantee, folks would be suspicious of my deal as too good to be true. Those who took me on got a wicked deal. Reminds me of my attitude towards inexpensive skunk
I didn't mention Black widow because even when I have had old stock, I have never found it medicinal. only recreational. didn't mention the Mass as I figured it was a a little farther removed as if i recall its garlic bud lineage.

the butterscotch terpene nl5 afghan has turned to skunk spray.

I didn't mention Black widow because even when I have had old stock, I have never found it medicinal. only recreational. didn't mention the Mass as I figured it was a a little farther removed as if i recall its garlic bud lineage.

the butterscotch terpene nl5 afghan has turned to skunk spray.
Thanks for that Mlmedpatient, I really appreciate your input.

Can you explain what medicinal means to you and others? I've heard you use the term a few times, I assume it refers to couchlock weed.

Thanks for that Mlmedpatient, I really appreciate your input.

Can you explain what medicinal means to you and others? I've heard you use the term a few times, I assume it refers to couchlock weed.
sorta kinda. "makes me feel better" includes pain relief, anxiety relief, sometiems depression suppression. I prefer afghan's and afghani skunks, and afghan og type plants.

sorta kinda. "makes me feel better" includes pain relief, anxiety relief, sometiems depression suppression. I prefer afghan's and afghani skunks, and afghan og type plants.
I found the widow to be a good anti depressant back when I grew her about 20 years ago. Was a bit of a creeper but powerful and active high. Good for going out with friends golfing and such.

So "medicinal" tends to refer to the indica buzz to most folks, no sativa? Except in the case @Hootigh brings up, where an upity buzz can help with depression?

Sativas can provide medicinal benefits too; making you feel better through euphoria vs narcotic, providing the things @MImedpatient mentions ie pain relief, anxiety and depression relief, appetite suppression. As I understand it, sativas often exhibit more complex and richer terpene profiles. Great daytime med.

Nev's Haze
< 0.01% Linalool
< 0.01% Caryophyllene oxide
1.07% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
3.68% Terpinolene
2.35% alpha-Pinene
< 0.01% Humulene
< 0.01% Caryophyllene
7.10% TERPENE-TOTAL

*edit borrowed from a chart @wisp provided in another thread.

🤙Mu

Sativas can provide medicinal benefits too; making you feel better through euphoria vs narcotic, providing the things @MImedpatient mentions ie pain relief, anxiety and depression relief, appetite suppression. As I understand it, sativas often exhibit more complex and richer terpene profiles. Great daytime med.

🤙Mu
all weed makes me hungry. I like a good super skunk type feel. or an afghani hashplant type feel as, aside form pain relief, anxiety releif, I just feel better when smoking things of an afghani lineage more so than other indica or sativa type highs.

Back