NEW RULES- Open photo assignment- Share your favorite random pics

Went for my first bike ride since the bike crash. The bike needed a few repairs and adjustments lol. Like me. As we used to say in Montana - "Ain't a horse that can't be rode, and ain't a man that can't be throwed!"
Felt great to be back in the saddle! :love: Snapped a few pics riding around town.

2 P1070844.JPG

opt_1a P1070849.jpeg

They have been opening up new 'Libraries' all over town!

opt_3 P1070852.jpeg

Geology is so cool! 🥰
opt_4 P1070853.jpeg

Yesterday on my walk through the park I saw a tree I have never realized before.
full

full

Does anybody know what kind of tree this is?

"The Princess Tree, Empress Tree, and Royal Empress Tree, Paulownia Trees are highly invasive and are destroying native ecosystems from Maine to Florida and Texas, as well as the Pacific Northwest. Princess Tree quickly grows a robust root system and is often connected underground to other trunks. Because of this growth form, we recommend using the cut and treat or cut and leave methods, or the girdling method for larger trees."

Please cut down and burn that fuc tree ASAP! Another wonderful gift from China! :mad:

"The Princess Tree, Empress Tree, and Royal Empress Tree, Paulownia Trees are highly invasive and are destroying native ecosystems from Maine to Florida and Texas, as well as the Pacific Northwest. Princess Tree quickly grows a robust root system and is often connected underground to other trunks. Because of this growth form, we recommend using the cut and treat or cut and leave methods, or the girdling method for larger trees."

Please cut down and burn that fuc tree ASAP! Another wonderful gift from China! :mad:
Yep definitely one of those noxious trees we don’t need.

Sturgeon are so cool and prehistoric looking. They are estimated to have been around for 85 million years. Atlantic Sturgeon swim up the Hudson River to the Normans Kill(which is near my house) to spawn. They are in the 6-8 foot range here. It is illegal to fish for them or to possess them. I'm cool with that. They may make the Endangered Species List in 2024.

Picture of a 11 foot, 1,000 pound, 100 year old Atlantic Sturgeon caught off the coast of Kent, England.

ZOB4EGSW1SIT4KC6DW33.jpg

Last edited:
So they say 28 different species of sturgeon.
They still fish for white sturgeon on the west coast.
1688672098607.png
A 7.6 foot long white sturgeon caught in 1998.

"Most experts agree that the biggest certifiable sturgeon, and thus the biggest known fish taken in America’s freshwaters, was a 12½-foot, 1,285-pound cow sturgeon that went blundering into a salmon gill net in the Columbia in the spring of 1912."

Though I read, "The most authentic record of the maximum weight of this species is reported to be 630 kg (1,390 lb), while other unauthenticated records show a higher weight estimate, as with the 816 kg (1,799 lb) estimate for an individual with a reported age of 104 years."

And further, "The largest sturgeon on record was a beluga female captured in the Volga Delta in 1827, measuring 7.2 m (23 ft 7 in) long and weighing 1,571 kg (3,463 lb)." Holy Ichthyology!

mu

1688676419824.png
1688676435481.jpeg
1688676449704.jpeg
This incredible artist, Nikolaj Arndt, “chalks” drawings on a flat surface in such a manner so as to give them three dimensions! He was born in a remote area of Russia in 1975, attended art school, moved to Germany in 2006, and since 2009 participates in street art festivals around the world, applying his special technique of 3D art. Enjoy!

image000000.jpg.jpegimage000001.jpg.jpeg Some Lupins in the moonlight on the Northumberland Strait

image000000.jpg(1).jpeg And 1 of the 5 Dead & Co shows I caught a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed with CITI field how organized they are to deal with these crowds and fair with the cost of all things. I had front row seats here, hangin over the edge as you can see, same thing with Fenway below. An awesome view to trip on all night long :)

image000000.jpg(2).jpeg

musashi said: "So nice to see the people out having fun again. What would we do without it? I’ll bet @longball is also living the music scene these days."

You betcha'! :love: Deach69's picture from Fenway Park shows a picture of Oteil Burbridge on the big screens. I will be working with him in 3 weeks. Love that summer nights music! 🥰

7101.jpg

Longball

Last edited:
Back