No can do on the copies, that's almost 10 years of cut and paste work for me.
But I will share with you how I did it. My initial interest with Nevil was Northern Lights, so I would put Northern Lights in the search box and use Nevil as the author. Every one of his posts that came up, I would cut and paste the textual content into a text file.
I used that massive file and then started adding to it as a dove into NL/Hz. Then I just uploaded the massive text file to both GPT and Gemini, and had them categorize, collate, and evaluate his posts, and only his posts, from here on MNS.
I'll be posting a lot of the data on the SouthEast Lights website because I don't want to piss off people here, like I did on the other forum.
Got to tell you, I'm thinking about using AI to assist me in developing a book on Nevil's growing methods and philosophies. Here's part of the intro I'm working on now:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevil Schoenmakers' Breeding Philosophy and Methodologies: A Comprehensive Compilation
Nevilâs approach to cannabis breeding combined technical insight, real-world experimentation, and a philosophical dedication to preserving, refining, and advancing elite cannabis genetics. The following is a comprehensive, unfiltered analysis derived entirely from Nevilâs original forum posts, statements, and firsthand breeding descriptions. No external synthesis, Wikipedia-style fluff, or retroactive editorializing has been added.
ON HYBRID VIGOUR AND SIBLING MATING:
"A duplication of the desired type in the pedigree, but in other respects is an outcross, is the best route ie SSH, MH, NH, and CM to name a few off the top of my head. I'd say that most of the phenos that you'd like to stabilise, are the way they are because of some degree of hybrid vigour. Sibling matings lead to greater uniformity in the direction of the selection criteria, but rarely do they compare favourably with the original hybrid as a strain."
Nevil emphasized that the standout phenotypesâthe plants people wanted to stabilizeâoften owed their superiority to hybrid vigor, or heterosis. Attempting to lock those traits through repeated sibling crosses (inbreeding) would typically reduce that vitality.
"1:1 matings with pure strains is the quickest way to failure or success. If all you do is one male to one female each generation, you will fuck it up. I'd always do 6 or more different combinations of siblings 1:1 as a backup."
He stressed the importance of genetic redundancy and backup strategies in breeding. In any attempt to stabilize a line or isolate a trait, multiple 1:1 sibling crosses should be performed in parallel.
"Sometimes the quality clearly comes from one specific plant. It pays to inbreed to that plant with different parents before moving on to further sibling matings."
He encouraged breeders to identify standout plants and build lines around them. Once a key parent was identified, it should be mated across several genetically distinct but compatible partners to explore and refine the trait heritability.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AI is nothing but a tool, just like a computer, phone, or networking device, neither good nor bad. It just depends on how it's used.
Right now, it's helping me to collect, collate, and categorize all of the posts here on MNS and put them into a useful format... for those who want to use Nevil's knowledge on cannabis to make their cannabis better.