Nevil....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
none, that was a lie as far as i know.

Todd's first post here on Mr Nice, and probably (I would hope) the last. He seems to have his head as far up Watson's ass anyone else, perpetuating the BS about Watson the famous skunk breeder, Sacred Seeds, etc. etc. All on the back of Nevil's "tribute". Now that Nevil is dead, the ghosts are coming out telling tall tales about him. Sad that. More fiction coming out of the rag factory at High Times. That rag has done more damage to weed than pretty much anything else, including the DEA.
 
Last edited:
Hi All

it is always the same in many things once someone is no longer here to defend or explain his side of things it seems to falsely give credence to the only side still talking...but we all know what we wish to believe as the truth in the end.
I know them all well and let us just say there are few with a lot of ego attached in the end it is inevitable conflict arises. I saw this early and remain out of the working loop with them all ...preferring to remain independent and pursue my own passions. The life is too short to get too distracted from having a focus that feels right...so remain aware of things but do not take things to heart as otherwise it is too difficult to go on.

Nevil was a great man and exceptionally talented in his skills of breeding...he will be remembered for this exceptional gift he past down to others via seed that changed many peoples lives.

The rest is of no real consequence ...it was his journey.

All the best Sb
 
I Am The Captain Of My Soul

Out of the night that covers me
black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud
Under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the horror of the shade
and yet the menace of the years
finds, and shall find me, unafraid

It matters not how strait the gate
how charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul

"Invictus,"
by William Earnest Henley

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/67212-post52.html
 
Last edited:
Hi All

it is always the same in many things once someone is no longer here to defend or explain his side of things it seems to falsely give credence to the only side still talking...but we all know what we wish to believe as the truth in the end.
I know them all well and let us just say there are few with a lot of ego attached in the end it is inevitable conflict arises. I saw this early and remain out of the working loop with them all ...preferring to remain independent and pursue my own passions. The life is too short to get too distracted from having a focus that feels right...so remain aware of things but do not take things to heart as otherwise it is too difficult to go on.

Nevil was a great man and exceptionally talented in his skills of breeding...he will be remembered for this exceptional gift he past down to others via seed that changed many peoples lives.

The rest is of no real consequence ...it was his journey.

All the best Sb
According to Todd McCormick, Nevil didn't know what he was doing
 
According to Todd McCormick, Nevil didn't know what he was doing

Is that an exact, "word for word" quote? Or just your half-baked interpretation of what you think he really meant? Let's see your evidence.

Todd P. McCormick Talks About Nevil & The Seed Bank
 
Last edited:
Todd P. McCormick Talks About Nevil & The Seed Bank

My two reasons for sharing this McCormick interview:

1. McCormick never says, at any time, that Nevil didn't know what he was doing," not even close; although he does claim that Nevil's "addictions" shaped his life, work and relationships. That is a side of his character that I was unaware of.

2. It provides court document evidence which names the POS who snitched on Nevil, and it's not DW (SS), contrary to popular opinion.
 
My two reasons for sharing this McCormick interview:

1. McCormick never says, at any time, that Nevil didn't know what he was doing," not even close; although he does claim that Nevil's "addictions" shaped his life, work and relationships. That is a side of his character that I was unaware of.

2. It provides court document evidence which names the POS who snitched on Nevil, and it's not DW (SS), contrary to popular opinion.

Maybe he didn’t mention in this pod cast but elsewhere are you sure he didn’t mention that Nevil didn’t know what he was doing ? About the addiction is a hit under the belt and you can read his intention from this statement.
How he knows so well about his addictions and if he had stopped and when?
Do you know that some others in this scene are alcohol addicts and nicotine addicts and more ?
their work is all that matters in the end of the day .

The fact they snitched him I will say have shaped more his life and relationships. If you want to source real information about Nevil and what have happened back in the days and learn who is who I recommend you to talk with people that where near him and they are not that many.maybe his best friend for example .

The search of truth is along path I have done wrong conclusions before and I have learned my lessons 👻

I hope this helps.
 
Maybe he didn’t mention in this pod cast but elsewhere are you sure he didn’t mention that Nevil didn’t know what he was doing ? About the addiction is a hit under the belt and you can read his intention from this statement.
How he knows so well about his addictions and if he had stopped and when?
Do you know that some others in this scene are alcohol addicts and nicotine addicts and more ?
their work is all that matters in the end of the day .

The fact they snitched him I will say have shaped more his life and relationships. If you want to source real information about Nevil and what have happened back in the days and learn who is who I recommend you to talk with people that where near him and they are not that many.maybe his best friend for example .

The search of truth is along path I have done wrong conclusions before and I have learned my lessons 👻

I hope this helps.
@Freedom_Fighter

Todd very clearly refers to Nevil as a DJ in the podcast he did on The Potcast. He expands further saying that Nevil didnt make anything, he just remixed good genetics from around the world. He really was quite dismissive in Nevil's contribution to the scene, and even that this thread is his only contribution to the MNS forums makes me wonder his true intention. It always irritated me a bit.

Even so, Todd's book was one of the first resources I ever read on cannabis, and his podcast is definitely worth a listen, there are two parts to it:
 
Maybe he didn’t mention in this pod cast but elsewhere are you sure he didn’t mention that Nevil didn’t know what he was doing ?

Thanks for chiming in, @Apollo . You make good points, for sure.

No, I'm not sure of that, as I have never really dug into it, to be honest. Nor am I well read on McCormick's history, either; which is why I asked for evidence to be shared to back up the claim; and to clarify the context, if it was a direct quote. Context is everything, in my opinion. Many errors are from taking things out of their proper context.

When I read the above claim, that Nevil didn’t know what he was doing, it wasn't clear to me how to take it, or how to understand it. Was it narrowly referring to Nevil's work as a breeder? Or his life, in general, especially during his years of heroin & alcohol abuse, at least according to McCormick. He's the first person I've ever heard accuse Nevil of heroin addiction. Is he right about that? Or is that pure BS?

If he was a heroin addict, and the statement was referring to that period of his life, then I can see how such a statement could be true, in regard to his decision making and business dealings. But if the statement was referring to Nevil's breeding work, then of course I'm going to object to it.

Nevil, to me, was a professional breeder. No one achieves that level of expertise by not knowing what they're doing. If that's McCormick's view, then of course I reject that, no matter what he says about it. And for the record, I've never done business with McCormick, nor grown anything he sells.

I did watch the entire Dark Horse Podcast, front to back but maybe I missed something, or filtered it out due to a lack of awareness or concentration at points. I will watch it again, of course; as well as The Potcast interview, kindly recommended by @lozac123, which I haven't seen yet.

To lozac's point about McCormick dismissing Nevil's contributions to cannabis culture and breeding, I didn't get that from the Dark Horse Podcast, at least not clearly; but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to it.

The one thing that I was picking up from him, in the Dark Horse Podcast, was that he seemed to be framing up DW as a better breeder than Nevil, but all I can say to that, from where I stand, as an amateur hobby cultivator, who am I to say which one was the better breeder? I would need to be on the same level as them to make such a call.

I recall Shantibaba saying, on a Potcast episode, that Nevil was the real gene hunter, between the two of them; gene hunting for breeding purposes, and DW more of a gene collector for preservation purposes. To me, selective pollination takes more skill and breeding awareness than mere open pollination for gene pool preservation.

About the addiction is a hit under the belt and you can read his intention from this statement.
How he knows so well about his addictions and if he had stopped and when?

Good observations & questions, Apollo. He might be wrong about that but he comes across as a man who has done his research, spoken to a lot of people that knew Nevil and had many personal dealings with him, over the years.

McCormick does say, or at least imply that Nevil was a recovering heroin addict, but that he kicked the heroin habit for alcohol, and battled with the bottle for years. Once again, though, he is the first person I ever heard making such a claim, so maybe it isn't true. I freely admit that possibility.

Do you know that some others in this scene are alcohol addicts and nicotine addicts and more ?

their work is all that matters in the end of the day .

No, I'm not aware of any of that, as far as the "more" goes. Addictions to alcohol, nicotine and work, yes, I can see & believe that, for sure; but not all addictions are equally destructive. Heroin is on a whole other level of addiction than work and chain smoking, in my mind; or my addiction to caffeine and staying up late.

The fact they snitched him I will say have shaped more his life and relationships.

Agreed. By the way, are you satisfied by the Court Documents presented by McCormick, that the guy who "snitched" on Nevil was one of Nevil's vendors, and NOT DW?

If you want to source real information about Nevil and what have happened back in the days and learn who is who I recommend you to talk with people that where near him and they are not that many.maybe his best friend for example .

This is wise advice. Do you think McCormick has spoken with any of the people who were near to Nevil? McCormick claims he was a close friend of Jack Herer's. Is he lying about that?

The search of truth is along path I have done wrong conclusions before and I have learned my lessons 👻

Yes, it's a never-ending search and I too have been prone to making the wrong conclusions, from time to time, but I invite correction, to be freed from lies and deceptions. Cheers! 😎👍🏻
 
Last edited:
@Freedom_Fighter

Todd very clearly refers to Nevil as a DJ in the podcast he did on The Potcast. He expands further saying that Nevil didnt make anything, he just remixed good genetics from around the world. He really was quite dismissive in Nevil's contribution to the scene, and even that this thread is his only contribution to the MNS forums makes me wonder his true intention. It always irritated me a bit.

Even so, Todd's book was one of the first resources I ever read on cannabis, and his podcast is definitely worth a listen, there are two parts to it:

Thanks for the video link, @lozac123 . I'll watch this today. Much appreciated. Cheers! 😎👍🏻
 
"So I left and started hanging around with people who supplied smack. Even though I started shooting smack. I never sold it. I just sold weed.” N.

ESCAPE TO BANGKOK​


For several weeks Nevil lived in a cheap hotel in Bangkok, shooting heroin until his money ran out. He skipped out on the bill, moved to another hotel, and began hawking his valuables to raise money. “I found a taxi driver who would take me to exclusive shops in the city,” he says. “The driver would get a kickback from the store for delivering Europeans to the shop, whether they bought anything or not. After we left, the driver and I would split the kickback.”

However, after they’d visited every shop in Bangkok (and were no longer welcome at any of them), Nevil telephoned his parents and asked for a plane ticket home. Unfortunately, the police had already appeared at his house with a warrant for his arrest. “It didn’t seem prudent to return to Australia.” says Nevil with typical understatement. His parents sent him a ticket to the Netherlands and the address of an uncle living in the countryside.

After Thailand, Nevil’s habit was really out of control. Upon arriving in Holland, he immediately enrolled in a methadone program and discovered he required 24 tablets a day to stay straight. "I handled that for about six months.- he says. “I was trying to cut down, trying to fit in. I had unemployment benefits, which is enough to survive in Holland. But I was feeling quite lonely.” Six months later, he moved to Tillberg, the center of Holland’s smack scene.

Obviously, Tillberg was not the sort of environment conducive to kicking heroin. Junkies had taken over the city, converting pubs and hotels into shooting galleries. “My first day in town, I went to a bar called the Lawyer’s Purse,” says Nevil. “Smack was being sold up and down the counter. It was a madhouse. Apparently, the police didn’t—or couldn’t—do anything about it. It went on like that for quite some time. When the police would close one place down, everyone would move to another bar. It was a fairly rough town and I went through a time of hardship. I had no money except welfare. I had a raging habit."

The snitch was Anthony Ray Cogo. Here is his court affidavit swearing that he turned Neville Schoenmakers into the DEA for selling seeds. He was one of Neville's biggest USA vendors. In 2025 he is still selling Cogo's Original Plant Food online.


Ray Cogo at the Cannabis Castle

74437b171e9a9cd6e2a0c78c3cae371556fdbe0b.jpg
 

Attachments

I prefer AI's take on Nevil, rather than Mr. McCormick's _marketing_ posts in almost every cannabis fora:
Thanks for chiming in, @Apollo . You make good points, for sure.

No, I'm not sure of that, as I have never really dug into it, to be honest. Nor am I well read on McCormick's history, either; which is why I asked for evidence to be shared to back up the claim; and to clarify the context, if it was a direct quote. Context is everything, in my opinion. Many errors are from taking things out of their proper context.

When I read the above claim, that Nevil didn’t know what he was doing, it wasn't clear to me how to take it, or how to understand it. Was it narrowly referring to Nevil's work as a breeder? Or his life, in general, especially during his years of heroin & alcohol abuse, at least according to McCormick. He's the first person I've ever heard accuse Nevil of heroin addiction. Is he right about that? Or is that pure BS?

If he was a heroin addict, and the statement was referring to that period of his life, then I can see how such a statement could be true, in regard to his decision making and business dealings. But if the statement was referring to Nevil's breeding work, then of course I'm going to object to it.

Nevil, to me, was a professional breeder. No one achieves that level of expertise by not knowing what they're doing. If that's McCormick's view, then of course I reject that, no matter what he says about it. And for the record, I've never done business with McCormick, nor grown anything he sells.

I did watch the entire Dark Horse Podcast, front to back but maybe I missed something, or filtered it out due to a lack of awareness or concentration at points. I will watch it again, of course; as well as The Potcast interview, kindly recommended by @lozac123, which I haven't seen yet.

To lozac's point about McCormick dismissing Nevil's contributions to cannabis culture and breeding, I didn't get that from the Dark Horse Podcast, at least not clearly; but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to it.

The one thing that I was picking up from him, in the Dark Horse Podcast, was that he seemed to be framing up DW as a better breeder than Nevil, but all I can say to that, from where I stand, as an amateur hobby cultivator, who am I to say which one was the better breeder? I would need to be on the same level as them to make such a call.

I recall Shantibaba saying, on a Potcast episode, that Nevil was the real gene hunter, between the two of them; gene hunting for breeding purposes, and DW more of a gene collector for preservation purposes. To me, selective pollination takes more skill and breeding awareness than mere open pollination for gene pool preservation.



Good observations & questions, Apollo. He might be wrong about that but he comes across as a man who has done his research, spoken to a lot of people that knew Nevil and had many personal dealings with him, over the years.

McCormick does say, or at least imply that Nevil was a recovering heroin addict, but that he kicked the heroin habit for alcohol, and battled with the bottle for years. Once again, though, he is the first person I ever heard making such a claim, so maybe it isn't true. I freely admit that possibility.



No, I'm not aware of any of that, as far as the "more" goes. Addictions to alcohol, nicotine and work, yes, I can see & believe that, for sure; but not all addictions are equally destructive. Heroin is on a whole other level of addiction than work and chain smoking, in my mind; or my addiction to caffeine and staying up late.



Agreed. By the way, are you satisfied by the Court Documents presented by McCormick, that the guy who "snitched" on Nevil was one of Nevil's vendors, and NOT DW?



This is wise advice. Do you think McCormick has spoken with any of the people who were near to Nevil? McCormick claims he was a close friend of Jack Herer's. Is he lying about that?



Yes, it's a never-ending search and I too have been prone to making the wrong conclusions, from time to time, but I invite correction, to be freed from lies and deceptions. Cheers! 😎👍🏻
Good back and forth and good logic. I don't have the time or the inclination to respond right now, because I'm deep into AI research for not only Neville but SamS as well. :eek:

And it's not for the back and forth bullshit of who's a narc, who is a liar, who's thief, blah blah blah blah. I'm going to compare their cannabis development expertise and compare and contrast between the two, without all of this who's an narc, he's an nark, etc.

They were both brilliant fucking men and everybody who is consuming cannabis owes a level of debt to them that can never be fully paid. 🙏

You didn't ask for it, and rarely do I give out unsolicited opinions, but Mr McCormick is a special case for me. The epitome of, and is the reason I came up with this phrase.... "For Boomers, By Boomers, For money."

He had almost no interaction with Neville whatsoever, other than using his name conveniently after he died, to hawk his original haze or whatever in the fuck he calls it.

Using Steve Murphy, who had his life literally fucked in Operation Green Merchant, just to hawk some seeds is unforgivable, imo.:mad:

I chuckle when he drones on about his extensive breeding experience that he learned from Old Ed...for a whole fucking _year_. 😅

He's glommed onto all of the big names of cannabis development (minus Shanti of course, that ought to tell you something :)) and somehow ingratiated his way into their lives, in ways I will _never_ fucking understand, Even NL Seattle Gregg. To me, Mr. Mc Cormick looks like Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker.:eek:

Also, root around in here for Matt Riots first post, can't remember what is username is right now. I think he posted here maybe 10-20 times something like that. He was such an ingratiating suck up, that it was hard to read his posts while going through what to archive and what not on this website.

Here's his first post on RIU:


and another:


Can't believe NL Seattle Greg actually decided to share seeds with Mr McCormick and Mr Rare Cuts Only I Have. :(

F_F, I admire your research skills and investigative nature, you are great for this forum!!!👍
 
Last edited:
@Freedom_Fighter

Todd very clearly refers to Nevil as a DJ in the podcast he did on The Potcast. He expands further saying that Nevil didnt make anything, he just remixed good genetics from around the world. He really was quite dismissive in Nevil's contribution to the scene ...

After listening to the first hour of that Potcast, lozac123, it's abundantly clear that you called it correctly, about him being dismissive of Nevil as a breeder. What a dumb thing to do, in more ways than one.

In fact, it sounds like he's dismissive of the entire Dutch breeding era and wants nothing to do with it. Absolutely ridiculous posturing, in my opinion.

Even so, Todd's book was one of the first resources I ever read on cannabis, and his podcast is definitely worth a listen, there are two parts to it:

While I'll listen to that entire podcast, both parts of it, (despite his nonsensical opinions about Nevil and the Dutch breeding experiment as a whole, or collective,) it's highly unlikely that I'll ever read his book, largely because I'd never spend good money on it; but if someone ever loaned their's to me, I might. 😉
 
154232007_09270016.jpeg
The nl x kush4
I wonder if tod took these genetics out of his cattaloge, and out of the multibillion dollar usa industry and the original og trio wasnt about what they would be left with.
An i bet og was the nlxkush#4 that they found a couple of selfed seeds in and grew them out to be the og trio.
 
I prefer AI's take on Nevil, rather than Mr. McCormick's _marketing_ posts in almost every cannabis fora:

Good back and forth and good logic. I don't have the time or the inclination to respond right now, because I'm deep into AI research for not only Neville but SamS as well. :eek:

And it's not for the back and forth bullshit of who's a narc, who is a liar, who's thief, blah blah blah blah. I'm going to compare their cannabis development expertise and compare and contrast between the two, without all of this who's an narc, he's an nark, etc.

They were both brilliant fucking men and everybody who is consuming cannabis owes a level of debt to them that can never be fully paid. 🙏

You didn't ask for it, and rarely do I give out unsolicited opinions, but Mr McCormick is a special case for me. The epitome of, and is the reason I came up with this phrase.... "For Boomers, By Boomers, For money."

He had almost no interaction with Neville whatsoever, other than using his name conveniently after he died, to hawk his original haze or whatever in the fuck he calls it.

Using Steve Murphy, who had his life literally fucked in Operation Green Merchant, just to hawk some seeds is unforgivable, imo.:mad:

I chuckle when he drones on about his extensive breeding experience that he learned from Old Ed...for a whole fucking _year_. 😅

He's glommed onto all of the big names of cannabis development (minus Shanti of course, that ought to tell you something :)) and somehow ingratiated his way into their lives, in ways I will _never_ fucking understand, Even NL Seattle Gregg. To me, Mr. Mc Cormick looks like Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker.:eek:

Also, root around in here for Matt Riots first post, can't remember what is username is right now. I think he posted here maybe 10-20 times something like that. He was such an ingratiating suck up, that it was hard to read his posts while going through what to archive and what not on this website.

Here's his first post on RIU:


and another:


Can't believe NL Seattle Greg actually decided to share seeds with Mr McCormick and Mr Rare Cuts Only I Have. :(

F_F, I admire your research skills and investigative nature, you are great for this forum!!!👍
Charles man, this is a long shot, but I wonder, would you be up for sharing your copies of the Nevil posts you've saved?

Edit to expand: I've seen you on a few forums, and more recently on the Nev haze thread where they requested people not to use ai in it. I would love to try using some ai myself
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top