• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

LED tutorial forum

I think most of the questions is for you to answer, do some home work , research and practice this best way to learn cause opinions can vary alot .
people achieve results with different ways.

What I saw is this .

Changing from Hps to led till I tuned in I used more food and cal and mag and on ,had deficiencies and few issues with quality in some strains

Later on I Realized that if I add more root space ,around half way of flowering solved all the feeding issues I had . that was the time I discover the double potting system

No far red for many hours on is not good for them ( I have no scientific proof but i say it from my experience) I turn far Red on only the last 5-10 minutes before lights go off.
Super air flow this means 2 to 3 times more from the recommended for the size of the tent.
Every plant is different so feed with the eye is necessary
and few more not willing to share .

The double potting is my secrete free for everyone ;)

@Apollo can you expand on Super air flow?

Thx

No far red for many hours on is not good for them ( I have no scientific proof but i say it from my experience) I turn far Red on only the last 5-10 minutes before lights go off.
Can you explain why u think its better ? i get the argument thats the natural time cycle but tbh my far red and UV run the whole light cycle thru and what i can say is its the weed with the most terpenes i growed so far what my books say come thru UV and Far-Red.

Super air flow this means 2 to 3 times more from the recommended for the size of the tent.
Totally agree with that, but not bad to have some Temp/Humi Controller attatched to that.

thaseus92 - Thanks for the detailed reply. That unit you listed looks to have an unusually high output in the green spectrum but a DIY board might be fun. I have also been looking at HLG lighting LEDs but I am reluctant to spend the $$$ when I am having an easier time under HPS.
Yeah as mentioned before i also used the phillips greenmaster NDL that has an greater spectre in green. Cant explain why but get always the best results with that boost of green even when there is the main idea around only blue and red counts.
Im not to deep into phyto science but i guess each spectre plays an unique role and the broader and closer to the sun it is the better the whole life cycle of the plant will be.

I do not believe l.e.d is king yet...
Multiple 600w / 1K HID are currently heavyweight champions in my opinion.
Absolute true, when u look where actual criminal growers that make it big time get busted they always use the NDL bulbs with 2 metal ends. In ratio of buying price and yield NDL is quite unbeatable.

Back