In Search of the Holy Grail

Hey musashi,

As far as medical properties. How do you personally feel the NH, and Doors stack up to your Grail selections for the following issues.

Mainly I have serious nerve issues. Some motor control, and arthritic issues. Some issues with, or need muscle relaxation...I have tried the Doors, and as well NH x LaNina, but not NH itself, or the Grail. Those are the gist of it. Which way do you feel would be best to look?

I had three phenos of The Doors. All very very potent, but one that stood out above the rest. Didn't have the burn out like has been mentioned. The other two did, but was very little. That is my experience with these strains. I also have a buddy that I can get some La Nina from, but as stated. The Doors is the only one I have had pure. Any suggestions as to what traits to look for? Thank You my friend...Ns

P.S. It may be a few more months, but I hope to not be a no show anymore. I know the Doors, and the NH cross will be n the rotation with the OG g13 x SK I have. As well as MH. Bless you brother...Ns

Aloha dear braddah!
Glad to see you coming out of your chrysalis!
I am not a doctor and do not feel qualified to function on that level. That said, bc I am immuno-compromised with Crohn's, my remission was through the use of cannabinoids AND DIET which I think is the most critical aspect. Through an alkaline diet, my inflammation and neuralgia have gone into remission. No more cigarettes or alcohol for me. The sat doms work for me bc of the induced euphoria. The Holy Grail with terpinolene has a very impressive terpinoid profile and my disease state responds positively to this strain. I have received relief from NH and Doors as well. That is why I crossed these two and made BackDoorMan. I think they all work if you can isolate the particular phenotype that responds best to your chemotype. I'm a believer in the entourage effect and so I have been using MediHaze in oil prep. As the dose required would wreck my day, I just capsule it at night. Outside of the sats, Medicine Man, G13xAfSk, NL5xAfg come to mind, in oil and tincture.
Muscle relaxation for me comes through exercise. Doing intervals will also improve your VO2.
So if I had to distill it in terms of my own disease treatment- 1) diet, 2) exercise, 3) cannabinoids. Taking capsules at night has worked best without disruption of daytime activities. In light of viruses like covid and the flu, make sure to increase your thiamine as many neurological problems are associated with its depletion and stay hydrated. As always, opinions appear larger than they are lol. Hope this helps.

mu

hey man your photos are absolutely killer. i am currently sitting on basically the entire MNS catalogue at the moment.. out of all the hazes you have grown from these selections, which ones would you say are non terpinolene dominant and lean more towards the cedar and incense type profiles? i am definitely popping the nevs haze.. i also have holy grail, the doors/stones/cure, angel breathe, ssh x ac and skunk x ac

Thank you braddah! A great collection there! Hard to say without testing. They all have their phenotypes ranging in smells. NOT the Doors/Stones/Cure. The AB requires a bit of selection. If you have the time then the Neville's Haze would be my first choice. The Grail has the old time signature. Where's the Mango?

mu

Thank you braddah! A great collection there! Hard to say without testing. They all have their phenotypes ranging in smells. NOT the Doors/Stones/Cure. The AB requires a bit of selection. If you have the time then the Neville's Haze would be my first choice. Where's the Mango?

mu
haha havent won any mango packs yet, they always get sniped lol.. thats why i grabbed the AB to at least get a slice of mango... have you ran the regulat NL5 x Haze C? how was she for you smell wise?

Though you would reason it that way, IME I've not found it in the R&R series- Doors, Cure, Stones. I'm betting members who will be testing the Mango Hz x HzAC will find some gems.

mu
Weve found some church stuff in Mango Haze so MH x Hz A/C might be a good place to look.
i would love to get my hands on some of that but i havent seen any pop up on the auctions yet

Hey Mu, just reread every post of your amazing thread. As always phenomenal work 🙇‍♂️! Shanti talks about the importance of the cure. We’re you able to hold back on some and test it after a decent cure? Do you remember what changes / improvements you noticed, short cure compared to long?

Aloha fellow firewalkers! And aloha to you @TGTDE!

A symphony can perhaps best describe the curing process The word symphony comes from the greek word symphonia, loosely meaning harmony. The symphony is divided into 4 movements. I will mainly use the 1st and last to illustrate my point as both of these movements are typically the same; allegro. Let's listen to one of my favorites, Beethoven's 9th symphony.

In the first movement, a powerful, definitive statement if made. It builds in it's intensity and complexity; at times frenetic, as the instruments start to come together in unison.
The smoke of the sativa has some power. Flavors are fresh but undefined. In the first 4 weeks, cannabinoids begin their transition and certain terpenes dominate this initial part of the cure.

The middle parts of a symphony are slower as the theme further develops. The maturation continues and at times flavors and smells change and even the effects are transitory and can be hard to define. This is the scherzo of the 3rd movement. There is a slow blending in a harmonius way. I liken this to the 6 weeks of cure for this sativa. One can sense the potential at this point but it has yet to all come together- though the smoke is getting stronger in it's effect, tastes and smells are in flux.

The last movement incorporates the "An die Freude." Now, we not only hear instruments but human (angel) voices as well. The complexity and the number of instruments involved illustrates full participation. There is a feeling of elation and happiness. A release of tension, a reclaiming of self immersed in spirituality. The initial terps that sparkled in the beginning are now somewhat muted as they take their place among the many that now "speak up" and contribute to the overall complexity in smell, flavor and high. If you listen particularly to the last 11 minutes starting at 18:20 min, hopefully you'll get the idea that I am trying to convey.
In a 6 month cure, all chlorophyll has disappeared, cannabinoids have matured; the subtle smell and the power of these delicate sativas is finally realized.

Hope this helps. Long cures for these types of sativas should be part of the process. Always put one bottle in the back of the closet for later. You'll thank yourself when you finally pop open that bottle and smell the divinity!

mu

Aloha fellow firewalkers! And aloha to you @TGTDE!

A symphony can perhaps best describe the curing process The word symphony comes from the greek word symphonia, loosely meaning harmony. The symphony is divided into 4 movements. I will mainly use the 1st and last to illustrate my point as both of these movements are typically the same; allegro. Let's listen to one of my favorites, Beethoven's 9th symphony.

In the first movement, a powerful, definitive statement if made. It builds in it's intensity and complexity; at times frenetic, as the instruments start to come together in unison.
The smoke of the sativa has some power. Flavors are fresh but undefined. In the first 4 weeks, cannabinoids begin their transition and certain terpenes dominate this initial part of the cure.

The middle parts of a symphony are slower as the theme further develops. The maturation continues and at times flavors and smells change and even the effects are transitory and can be hard to define. This is the scherzo of the 3rd movement. There is a slow blending in a harmonius way. I liken this to the 6 weeks of cure for this sativa. One can sense the potential at this point but it has yet to all come together, though the smoke is getting stronger in it's effect, tastes and smells are in flux.

The last movement incorporates the "An die Freude." Now, we not only hear instruments but human (angel) voices as well. The complexity and the number of instruments involved illustrates full participation. There is a feeling of elation and happiness. A release of tension, a reclaiming of self immersed in spirituality. The initial terps that sparkled in the beginning are now somewhat muted as they take their place among the many that now "speak up" and contribute to the overall complexity in smell, flavor and high. If you listen particularly to the last 11 minutes starting at 18:20 min, hopefully you'll get the idea that I am trying to convey.
In a 6 month cure, all chlorophyll has disappeared, cannabinoids have matured and the subtle smell and the power of these delicate sativas is finally realized.

Hope this helps. Long cures for these types of sativas should be part of the process. Always put one bottle in the back of the closet for later. You'll thank yourself when you finally pop open that bottle and smell the divinity!

mu
!! That is brilliant,, hats down the best,, live comparison I have ever heard !!

Back